Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Getting A New Car!

Demonic Angel

Does it actually matter James? Seriously? Children arent dying in Africa because I've bought a new car, nor are the ice caps melting - in fact I'm contributing less to the death of the world this way! :lol:

As I said, people have obviously been confused by what I've said. In comparison to the Celica I was going to get, it was less expensive. I was going to get a new car regardless. I chose the Aygo over the Celica based on cost, not the Yaris.

I could have kept my Yaris, this is indeed true, however I wanted to get a new car while I can afford to and to be perfectly honest, its my choice and my god given right to spend my money however I choose. Same with you and the purchase of your 1.8 Yaris SR. That choice to buy a new car is down to you and if you can afford it, why not do it. For whatever reason you choose, whether its to win the ladies or kill a penguin - thats up to you. Who is anyone to judge or question your personal choice in buying a car?

Do your cost comparisons on buying a brand new 8k Aygo over buying a 2nd hand 11k Celica and come back to me with those via PM :thumbsup:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• chatman

Em, if you read my previous posts I’m not having a dig at you comfort.gif. The only thing I’m confused about is your statement that you are saving money, that’s the bit I don’t get.

You are right; it’s your choice and your money, enjoy your new Aygo :thumbsup:

Me? I’d love a Yaris 1.8 SR but after reading my own previous post I’ve talked myself out of it. In the words of Simply Red, Money’s too tight to mention! The T Sport will be with me for many years to come.

For what its worth, for the sake of £6.66 a month and 11mpg I would have kept the 1.3 Yaris with the extra room - sunroof - fog lights etc (PLUS its paid for – or almost paid for) then you are saving money with no HP/loans/depreciation etc.

As I said, people have obviously been confused by what I've said.

No ***** sherlock ;)

I could have kept my Yaris, this is indeed true, however I wanted to get a new car while I can afford to

See -THIS- is what people are getting confused over Em... you didnt say this originally... it was obfuscated as to the reasoning behind this...

Most people thought that you wanted -the- cheapest option to save money for a house... not the cheapest option out of:

a ) Buy a 2nd hand celly/mr2

b ) Buy a new aygo

People originally assumed that keeping the Yaris was still an option... which it never was... because like you say.. you wanted a new car while you still could...

This is where the confusion arose... because its blatently cheaper to keep the Yaris over both the above options... that includes running costs etc as a few peeps have pointed out...

HOWEVER

You have obviously made the best decision out of option a and option b :) I think people will understand this now it actually has been clarified properly... I hope ;) lol

*moses off to roleplay again

f2_hallelujah.jpg

We all understand and love each other again!

Ok, so maybe I should have made it clearer.... I guess I thought that beings as I'd told a few Toccers about the Celica, that they'd have blabbed and everyone would know by now and figure it all out....

God damn you guys who are good at keeping my secrets! :lol: Make sure you keep the others - there's no excuse to blab those! ;)

I havent read through all the pages but wouldnt it have been cheaper to just keep the yaris? :P

Oh.. just read theres a big debate on this already lol

Synopsis... (or 4 beer version)

Something something ... waste of forum space... etc..... ford ka, kai , is it a kia... not a KA... oooh mk1 mr2.... no its a BLUE AYGO!!!!

i do worry about some of the people on this forum :S lol

poor lass posted thats she is selling her pride n joy for a new motor n certain people ave to be "difficult" about it

hope u like ur new car, when do u get it?

Hmm....interesting that you ask that T600 seeing as it's been mentioned loads in this thread! :lol:

I must have missed that. :oops:

who's that picture of TVOR?

fair play if Em's got a new car. Its not your finances so don't worry and Em didn't seem the sort of lass that would chuck money away needlessly. hope you like it em and you get to join them nutters in the Aygo thread. Lol. hope Kai offers you the same as Kaori did!

:thumbsup:

No, I'm a proper skinflint - I hate chucking money away and if I can make a saving on something I will! :lol:

Hopefully should get Kai by next Saturday - just waiting for the dealership to call and confirm he's in and when his packs going to be added - I've asked to choose my registration as well so they'll call me with a list

I'm crossing my fingers for one that ends in my initials or KAI.... but bearing in mind its any random letters, its not likely! :lol:

Kai ...............OR......................Kaori.......................I am sure you will love and cherish your new car as you have done your previous cars.

Those TOCers on the Aygo forum just do not know what is about to hit them ;) :lol::lol:

Once again Em is setting the trend and breaking the mould :thumbsup:Well done and good luck to you and Kai!!

Once again Em is setting the trend and breaking the mould

Well I dont think theres anyone else on TOC crazy enough to actually downgrade a car (and their only car at that! lol)! :lol: :lol: But I am hoping we get a few more Aygos around and about - there is already one TOC Aygo meet in the pipeline before I even get Kai! :D

So come on people - forget the need for speed, buy an Aygo instead, you know you want to! :P Did I mention the £35 road tax?

You know me Steve - proud to be different! ;)

Kai ...............OR......................Kaori.......................I am sure you will love and cherish your new car as you have done your previous cars.

Those TOCers on the Aygo forum just do not know what is about to hit them ;) :lol::lol:

Once again Em is setting the trend and breaking the mould :thumbsup:Well done and good luck to you and Kai!!

Your loss is our gain :D

Raistlin

Can you set a trend and break the mould at the same time? ;)

I suspect that getting smaller cars will become more and more popular; the government are driving us that way. Apart from those who buy the Aygo as a first car, most owners will have downsized to get the Aygo. Didn't one of the first Aygo owners on here have an IS200 before buying it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the tax advantage was increased in the future; even higher rates for bigger cars, more tax on petrol, and more tax breaks for the more economical ones. They'll keep doing that until enough of us get the message.

I look forward to your comments on it once you've got it. I think you're going to like it; I'm convinced that you can have a lot of fun driving a small car, and you can use it to the max without risking your licence so much.

who's that picture of TVOR?

I'll let you figure it out :thumbsup:

Did I mention the £35 road tax?

Hope you have no regrets :thumbsup:

An extra £6.66 a month you could have kept the T Spirit... :!Removed!:

Downgrade?

No ta...

quite happy with my less plastic-y feeling MR2 **

**DISCLAIMER: Comment is based on the plastic-y feeling of Yaris as a 'modern car'... I havent been in a new Aygo... it may be less plastic-y)

i do worry about some of the people on this forum :S lol

poor lass posted thats she is selling her pride n joy for a new motor n certain people ave to be "difficult" about it

hope u like ur new car, when do u get it?

Nobody was being difficult about it. JJ has summed it up perfectly in that at 1st it appeared the main reason for change was saving money rather than to change the car & get the cheapest new 1 available. Now that people understand that it was a choice of an Aygo or something a lot more sporty rather than get an Aygo or keep the Yaris it will be a lot clearer in peoples minds why she's doing it.

I don't think you'll find a person on the forum who isn't happy for her that she's got a nice sparkly new car to drive so can we just drop it now?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links