Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Getting A New Car!

Demonic Angel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• chatman

Won't it cost you more to chop in the Yaris for a new aygo?

Don't forget to have you foglights on whenever you drive it.

If I recall correctly , everyone on this forum thinks it looks dead cool !

Nice one Em !

Not bad at all, I can see the thinking behind getting it, very good decision I think. I had a choice of swapping my Yaris for the Golf & starting to save up again or spend the money I'd saved on a deposit on a house to rent out & chose the car, the sensible decision would have been to get the house sorted then worry about the car at a later date & every now & then I find myself wondering about whether I should have done that instead.

Credit to you for making the right decision, I'm sure you'll love it. I look forward to seeing pics & then the car itself at the christmas do

Great choice and great colour, Is it a 3 door?

To be honest I have thought the same, with petrol going up to over a £1 a gallon and insurance and tax prices going up every year, when the time comes I have also considered ‘downgrading’

Full update at your convenience :thumbsup:

Great choice and great colour, Is it a 3 door?

To be honest I have thought the same, with petrol going up to over a £1 a gallon and insurance and tax prices going up every year, when the time comes I have also considered ‘downgrading’

Full update at your convenience :thumbsup:

Yep 3 door, apparently you can get 550 miles to a tank no bother ;) Its almost like running a diesel! Ok so I'm going from a 1.3 to a 1.0, but big deal, I'm the one laughing all the way to the bank, I just wont beat anyone in a race, but I can live without that for the sake of the savings I'm going to make! ;)

Charlie - its actually cheaper in all respects than the Yaris, so I really couldn't say no, being the cheapskate that I am! :lol:

I'm actually considering selling my sat nav as I got it for the bluetooth phone capability & iPod connection as much as I did for the Sat Nav and now I need neither the bluetooth or the iPod connection - as the Aygo Blue has both already! :lol: So if anyone fancies a TomTom 510 on the cheap or is willing to swap for a basic Sat Nav, let me know! :lol:

Looks gorgeous :)

may he give you many faithful years of service, keep you warm in the winter, and keep you safe from idiots :)

:thumbsup:

Looks gorgeous :)

and keep you safe from idiots :)

:thumbsup:

Don't think there's a car on the market that can do this unfortunately !

Well everyone I know with one seems pleased with it....

Still can't belieeve its cheaper to buy a new car, unless you were making payments on the yaris??

DA, could'nt convince you to buy a Rav then ? :lol:

Oh well never mind the Aygo is a smshing little car :thumbsup: love the colour, metalic blue is gorgeous.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Dave ;)

Looks cool, had one for a courtesy car a few months ago.

61 MPG sounds obscene though, I get 22 if I'm lucky!

Won't it cost you more to chop in the Yaris for a new aygo?

I would have thought this... cause the Aygo used to be (tho its prolly all changed now)... Less car, for not a lot less money.. new basic Aygo used to = decent spec 2nd hand Yaris.

Well everyone I know with one seems pleased with it....

Still can't belieeve its cheaper to buy a new car, unless you were making payments on the yaris??

I think she was Charlie... (tho correct me if I am wrong Em..) Im just glad I own my car 100% :)

The mr2 wouldnt have cost as much as that :o - just imagine all the money you would have saved buying a mk1!

And then spent on Insurance and Tax and the fixing of it when it came to MOT ;) there are some small things that can be said about new cars.. warranty for one... but I'd still take my MR2 over that anyday...

I can understand the downgrading for house etc... running costs will hopefully stay low for you Em so good luck with that :thumbsup: I must admit, I wouldnt want too much less than what I get atm.. (approx 300 miles to a tank) I often think to myself that I want a house... but then I refuse to give up my car for it... its not worth it. If Im gonna get a house.. it will be an addition to my possessions.. not instead of ;) I'm too attached to Skye lol

nice choice :thumbsup:

I've seen a few of those around and they do look nice .I've got the Carbon Quartz Sport version 1.0 and he is a nippy little car , i often dont realise im speeding until i look at the speedo lol

So when you getting him ???

Granted I could have got a Mk1 quite easily - and bought it outright. But its the running costs I'm thinking of predominantly and like JJ said, tax plus petrol plus MOT plus fixing it when it goes wrong = more money. At least with an Aygo I know I have a warranty, I don't have to pay to get it serviced, no MOT for 3 years, it's £35 a year road tax and £35 a month petrol. Cheap as chips!

I based it on a need vs a want. Yes I want a nice fast sexy car, but all I need is a runaround. I'd much prefer to save the money and have a half decent place of my own - and then think of the nice car when I'm settled in my own place and can happily afford both. Maybe thats the "wrong" way to do things, but I can't live with my folks forever - they're driving me insane! :lol:

Somethings gotta give I'm afraid.

Hehe i've known for ages :D :lol:

Hehe another one joining the Evil society known as the Aygo Club :D

evil.jpg

I love my Aygo, ladies dont suspect a bad man would drive an Aygo :lol: ;)

I always get at least 500 miles from a full tank. Im confident i could get over 700 easy on a long motorway drive at around 55mph. Nurburgring 2008 anyone? :lol:

Granted I could have got a Mk1 quite easily - and bought it outright. But its the running costs I'm thinking of predominantly and like JJ said, tax plus petrol plus MOT plus fixing it when it goes wrong = more money. At least with an Aygo I know I have a warranty, I don't have to pay to get it serviced, no MOT for 3 years, it's £35 a year road tax and £35 a month petrol. Cheap as chips!

I based it on a need vs a want. Yes I want a nice fast sexy car, but all I need is a runaround. I'd much prefer to save the money and have a half decent place of my own - and then think of the nice car when I'm settled in my own place and can happily afford both. Maybe thats the "wrong" way to do things, but I can't live with my folks forever - they're driving me insane! :lol:

Somethings gotta give I'm afraid.

Good luck with both the Aygo and the house hunting :thumbsup:

Hehe i've known for ages :D :lol:

Hehe another one joining the Evil society known as the Aygo Club :D

evil.jpg

I love my Aygo, ladies dont suspect a bad man would drive an Aygo :lol: ;)

I always get at least 500 miles from a full tank. Im confident i could get over 700 easy on a long motorway drive at around 55mph. Nurburgring 2008 anyone? :lol:

You're not bad.... you're frickin EVIL! :lol::lol:

And you know I'm up for Aygo Nur! ;) I want my Nur sticker to actually mean something! :P

I want my Nur sticker to actually mean something! :P

:lol: I totally forgot i got you that :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links