Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Me Put My Dad Off A H**** Crv-clare

Manxrav

I need help to try and put my Dad(Tony) off swopping the T180 for a Crv 2.2 Es. After his little grouse with the Toyota main dealer overhere (re batteries for fob) he is really adament he wants rid of our beautiful T180. He was sold on the new VW Tiguan as I was but now he,s rather taken by the Crv. I have told him that on TOC it is not very highly thought of and that he is mad to even think about such a move. I must admit I don,t know a lot about Crv so if I could get my fellow Rav section mates to give me a good case for him not to buy one I would really appreciate it ( Waiting for Chatmans reaction with batted breath)

Regards

Clare

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• chatman

• dave.m

• anchorman

The JD Power survey is the place to find what customers thought of their cars rather than the manufaturers

The full league table scored H*nda CRV Joint 12 alongside the Civic

And sorry to say but the RAV4 was rated 30th

Here is the 4x4 survey anyway, you can view all the other catagories using the left hand menu

That doesnt help I know but Toyota/Lexus accounted for 6 out of the top 10 for manufacturers

Kingo :thumbsup:

Whats his adress Clare ? we will be right round.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I need help to try and put my Dad(Tony) off swopping the T180 for a Crv 2.2 Es. After his little grouse with the Toyota main dealer overhere (re batteries for fob) he is really adament he wants rid of our beautiful T180. He was sold on the new VW Tiguan as I was but now he,s rather taken by the Crv. I have told him that on TOC it is not very highly thought of and that he is mad to even think about such a move. I must admit I don,t know a lot about Crv so if I could get my fellow Rav section mates to give me a good case for him not to buy one I would really appreciate it ( Waiting for Chatmans reaction with batted breath)

Regards

Clare

What :o :o NO Don't do it Clare :nono: :nono: :nono:

It may be further up the "I am better than you survey tree" (well it did fall down the ugly tree hitting all the branches on the way down) but come on A *** (cant even say it) You would need very dark windows or even :bag: over your head....Your friends will ignore you and we wont speak to you (I've put a better lock on the TOC back door so no more sneaking in :ph34r: ) and I'm sure the Ferry owners from the IOM will not allow one on for fear of scaring the kids on the boat....

All because of a Battery...No Clare beg & plead :wub: with your dad don't do it...you can promise to clean the T180 every weekend...(and miss the gates more often as well :blush: ) and I'm sure the Honda :sick: forum is full of old people talking about SAGA insurance and Tartan seat covers bla bla bla...........

Phew need to rest in dark corner now......... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Phone childline but dont tell them your real age.

Clare,

The wife and I drove the C*V, prior to driving the T180 and to be honest we were both left disappointed by it. The interior finish was worse in the H**** and the car handles worse too. You feel the car lean into corners more, also it's sooooooo slow! :wheelchair: The seats are more comfortable in the Rav, and the rear seats are easier to tumble forward. The only thing in its favour, is that you can get cruise control lower down the range (but as your dad has the T180, equipment is not the issue)

I do like the quote from the whatcar? website...

"Owners loved the CR-V's engine and gearbox, but were less keen on the looks" :laughing:

Whits wrang wi tartan seat covers??

Onyway, jist confide in him quietly that ye'll never speak tae him again.... :shutit: :shutit:

Or get yersel a real RAV wi a real turbo engine - if he'd like tae visit sunny Glasgae, an try oot a real motor he'd then know he could compete in the Manx races aside the 2 wheelers

Ma RAV has a toyota engine block and a yamaha cylinder head. No a Honda bit in sight. :yes:

Hondas are whit ye buy when ya want a moped tae dae the shopping aifter ye'v been banned frae drivin real cars....

Honda CRV things are seen aroon here as weel - they come oot at the weekend and plough a furrow to sainsburys then back again. Its a toy fur folk who think they still do the school run aifter the we'ens left home 20 years ago.......

And the next thing is ye'll tell me he's aff tae Spain tae meet some twisted referee..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Buy the auld man a trike - ye get them VAT free fur the disabled and with Kingo's help, could even get a shopping basket thrown in.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the next thing is ye'll tell me he's aff tae Spain tae meet some twisted referee..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Good to see you're taking the result so well Bothy... :lol::lol:

Clare

Can I help him choose the colour?

Can I Can I Can I Can I?..............

What?

Umm...... :mellow: ......... :huh: .........what to say? :unsure:

If you can get past the looks ............and that is a purely personal thing and look at the car coldly and dispassionately........

what you find a is competent enough estate car.......on stilts.

From everything I read...........you may as well buy an Accord or a Passet estate.

Maybe that point could be levelled at 90% of the SUV's on the road but to my mind what singles out an SUV from an estate car is a spark of individuality, character, call it what you will, that seperates it from the normal everyday.

H**** have tried so hard to make it like a normal road car they have taken away what little personality the C** ever had. To me it just feels dull and uninteresting. It's a kitchen applicance.........it does it's job, probably will never give you any trouble but neither will it stir the soul.

The rep at work has had 2 RAV4s an 03 and an 05, he test drove the CRV and hated it, no power, bland styling and worst of all it felt really cheap inside, not somewhere he'd want to be for 10 hours a day, he bought the new freelander 2 instead, he's had it a week and really regrets not getting another RAV

I nearly fitted a switch to turn on the new reversing camera just to see the look on Mr or Mrs Honda drivers faces(voila :ffs: ) as they fade into the distance............................ :lol::lol::lol:

The rep at work has had 2 RAV4s an 03 and an 05, he test drove the CRV and hated it, no power, bland styling and worst of all it felt really cheap inside, not somewhere he'd want to be for 10 hours a day, he bought the new freelander 2 instead, he's had it a week and really regrets not getting another RAV

Ned Flanders was bad enough when Rover then BL tried to make an agricultural vehicle but now Ford has had a play as well? I would rather have 2 peach coloured CeRVixes with violet stripes and a 500cc engine than one of those nails.

I hope the Toyota Centre that did such a good job of supporting your Dad are satisfied with themselves Clare.

Ned Flanders was bad enough when Rover then BL tried to make an agricultural vehicle but now Ford has had a play as well? I would rather have 2 peach coloured CeRVixes with violet stripes and a 500cc engine than one of those nails.

Ah, hang on that's a bit strong :eek:

..............................................maybe ONE peach coloured....... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Before I nodded off on the setee (which took about 4 nano seconds) I went to Tesco with wifey and browsed the mags for a while. Apart from being amazed by how they manage to get 17kgs of leaflets inside each one i noticed that There was a road test comparing the New FL with H***** CeRVix, VW thingy that has just come out and the RAV. This is how they came out;

1st FL

2nd VW

3rd H

4th RAV

The a bit further on there is a survey on which is the most reliable cars. Can't remember the details but out of 26 makes, I think Honda was top but then Toyota was defo second. FL was about 4 from bottom. Does it not occur to the cretins that write these things that there is a bit more to a car than the colour?

And another thing while the dummy is out. I wish Toyota hadn't made my car from rare earth magnets so that wehen I come out of Tesco to the remotest part of the car park where it was left in the pouring rain then it wouldn't have every beaten up nail in the county clustered all around it. Duncs will tell you that you can pull up with a HST on Reading Station and position about 50 doors against the platform and then he has to wait for about an hour and a half while the entire population of Berkshire queues up to go in one door :wacko: Well the same applies to my RAV in a car park. I think it is tracked by malicious FL owners who inform every owner of the roughest cars and vans that the best spot in the whole of the western world is about 3.5mm from each of my pristine doors.

I would just like to say that I am not at all affected by lack of sleep.

Regards

Clare

Batteries for a fob! Good job he didn,t get a puncture :o

And another thing while the dummy is out. I wish Toyota hadn't made my car from rare earth magnets so that wehen I come out of Tesco to the remotest part of the car park where it was left in the pouring rain then it wouldn't have every beaten up nail in the county clustered all around it.

Years ago a mate of mine went to play golf with some friends, the driver who took them drives an artic for weetabix, they had a 7am T off, on arriving at the car park which holds anout 200 cars there were 4 cars parked, the driver starts reversing into a space between 2 of the 4 parked cars, if my mate hadn't shouted STOP he'd have hit one of them :rolleyes:

The world is full of morons :(

I am possibly banned from answering as i run 2005 D4D XTR and 2007 Crv 2.2 iCDTi ES. The main reason for going Honda was spare wheel situation and availability of cruise at lower price levels.

Could make an absolutely brilliant vehicle combining best of both.

Try to find report Daily Record Motor Section friday 16th nov.

Psssst.

Don't say out Andy but I quite like them!

Er hm, Where was I? Oh yes those confunded CeRVixes............

Psssst.

Don't say out Andy but I quite like them!

Er hm, Where was I? Oh yes those confunded CeRVixes............

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Anchorman that's blasphemous.....................Go to back of the class...........

:!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

Chatman, get the lads rounded up, we have a job in derbyshire :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

And another thing while the dummy is out. I wish Toyota hadn't made my car from rare earth magnets so that wehen I come out of Tesco to the remotest part of the car park where it was left in the pouring rain then it wouldn't have every beaten up nail in the county clustered all around it.

Years ago a mate of mine went to play golf with some friends, the driver who took them drives an artic for weetabix, they had a 7am T off, on arriving at the car park which holds anout 200 cars there were 4 cars parked, the driver starts reversing into a space between 2 of the 4 parked cars, if my mate hadn't shouted STOP he'd have hit one of them :rolleyes:

The world is full of morons :(

The old man stoppped at the chip shop round the corner. A numpty reverses into the side of the Punto - its dark. My fathers 88. The guy says I don't see any damage and drives off! Lucky it was the old man driving otherwise the guy would have had anything I could find wrapped around his wordly goods. Some folk are pure chancers. The Punto now has another couple of dunts in it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links