Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Back Box Part Number

SCOOB_81

The rearbumper is different so the PIPE to the BOX is a little longer

Longer?? But does it still not hang on the same mountings? I've never read this before and am on the verge of tears. :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SCOOB_81

• Norfolk n Chance

• -T- Sport

• dwtg

Do i take it that we are now playing for an ice cream then?? :lol:

Did they use your reg/chassis number when ordering??

If so you'll be ok!! :lol:

Although i think someone on here was told by one dealer that the TTE Back Box couldn't be fitted to a facelift CTS!! :wacko:

No, they couldn't fin it under my car and was ordered under pre-facelift!!! Holy ***** :crybaby:

Looks like I owe you a cornetto mate....

Anybody got a pre-facelift fitted with a TTE back box that wants to measure the pipe and i'll do the same?

As both pre and post facelift CTS have the same chassis surely they would have the same mounting points for the exhaust??

Although i think someone on here was told by one dealer that the TTE Back Box couldn't be fitted to a facelift CTS!! :wacko:

No, they couldn't fin it under my car and was ordered under pre-facelift!!! Holy ***** :crybaby:

You need one from the FACELIFT model :thumbsup:

Mountings are the same only the PIPE TO the Box is a 5 - 6 cm longer

I don't believe it :( I can't cancel the order as Toyota made it very clear that I was ordering a part they couldn't verify would match my facelift. I got the feeling they'd never actually sold one before.

I don't believe it :( I can't cancel the order as Toyota made it very clear that I was ordering a part they couldn't verify would match my facelift. I got the feeling they'd never actually sold one before.

Well, just rang Toyota in the hope they'd not ordered it yet, but it'll be here tomorrow. Damn their efficency.....

According to the TTE website both pre & post facelift back box's are the same part no!!

:thumbsup:

I thought they were the same...

Learn something new everyday. If the part number coming from the TTE Website was for the Facelift surely it's correct? :P

Right, I'm just back from changing my pants to the brown pair that I keep for such occasions as this.... :o

Cheers for that Norfolk, I'd thought the same. When I'd rang to order I was told when we were discussing if they're the same fitting that both pre and post facelifts use the same standard box, so I'm not sure why the TTE would be different? G6-R, I notice you're form the Netherlands mate (just been to Amsterdam - Awesome!! :D) , could the euro fit be different to the Uk?? Still don't see how or why they'd do it, but it's Toyota so you never know!

So true, T-Sport, you do learn something new everyday - just hope the lesson hasn't cost me £250!! :eek:

Well once you've got it if there's any issues let me know, i can always have a run up to Sunderland if your garage want to have a look at how mine's fitted!

Well once you've got it if there's any issues let me know, i can always have a run up to Sunderland if your garage want to have a look at how mine's fitted!

It's really is much appreciated mate, but I'd never drag you up here!! :thumbsup: To be honest I'm quite chilled about it really! :D Just been speaking to a few mates who reckon it'lll be fine, or in the worst case scenario I'll take it to AAS in Newcastle and have have it's pipe extended (ahem). Like you said though, the cars chasis is the same (unless anyone knows otherwise?), so that would mean the centre section would have to be shorter on the facelift? From what G6-R was saying about only 5-6cm it could be possible. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!! Gentlemen, place your bets........ :lol:

2 Cheeseburgers and a packet of fries!

That it.... Fits!

Thanks for the vote of confidence there T-Sport! :D I'm going with a cautious bag of pickled onion monster munch myself.

Cheap skate!!!

Can't blame you though, and I do love Monster Munch!

Lol!! Given my position it's quite a sizable bet. A lesser man would have wagered a bag of space raiders! :lol:

They're just as nice!!! Dont diss Space Raiders! :lol:

It's really is much appreciated mate, but I'd never drag you up here!! :thumbsup: To be honest I'm quite chilled about it really! :D Just been speaking to a few mates who reckon it'lll be fine, or in the worst case scenario I'll take it to AAS in Newcastle and have have it's pipe extended (ahem). Like you said though, the cars chasis is the same (unless anyone knows otherwise?), so that would mean the centre section would have to be shorter on the facelift? From what G6-R was saying about only 5-6cm it could be possible. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!! Gentlemen, place your bets........ :lol:

Well the offer's there if you need it! :thumbsup:

Although, if it doesn't fit at least I'll win the race to post a video up!! :lol:

We have a winner!!!! :toast:

I've skinned my knuckles trying to remove the old one from the rubber mountings, but the new was fitted in two minutes!

Well, first impressions were that the two tail pipes were bigger than I expected! :thumbsup: BUT my it's quiet :( I'd maybe rate the standard box as a 3/10 for noise and the TTE gets a whopping 4/10. It does go with the subtle feel to the car, but could have done with being a touch deeper and louder - not chavy though, just a touch. Maybe it'll bed in a little, but it was canny embarrassing when I fired her up as with my little bro helping out I had an audience of kids expecting this mighty roar - and they laughed! :lol:

But, least it fits so the video race is on!! :D

Cheers folks, and thanks anyway for the offer Norfolk! :thumbsup:

Where's my Cheese Burgers and Fries?!?!?

Hey Scoob can u post up a vid of u idleing and reving the car. im thinking about getting the tte box but dont want to spend all that money on a silent exhaust

Hey Scoob can u post up a vid of u idleing and reving the car. im thinking about getting the tte box but dont want to spend all that money on a silent exhaust

Yeah no probs, will do on the weekend mate........unless Nolfolk feels wracked with gulit and beats me to it!! :lol:

I'll post your burger and chips T-Sport! I should have kept the half cooked specimen of a burger my little bro brought in from McD's today for ya!! :lol: I accept no liability for ar5e rot though....

Well, finally got it uploaded! :D I'm actually quite pleased with it now, and it seems to have bedded in a little and doesn't sound so tinny. Sorry the quality's not great, and I think I'll get my little bro checked out for parkinsons after seenig his camera work! :lol: Couldn't give it too much though as some cars turned up at the bottom of the hill :(

TTE Back Box

Cheers!

Scoob

Well, finally got it uploaded! :D I'm actually quite pleased with it now, and it seems to have bedded in a little and doesn't sound so tinny. Sorry the quality's not great, and I think I'll get my little bro checked out for parkinsons after seenig his camera work! :lol: Couldn't give it too much though as some cars turned up at the bottom of the hill :(

TTE Back Box

Cheers!

Scoob

Nice One Scoob, sounds like mine :thumbsup: and looks like mine i.e slightly off centre to the left :lol:

I hope you like it, its a definite improvement over the original :thumbsup:

TTE Back Box

Cheers!

Scoob

Nice One Scoob, sounds like mine :thumbsup: and looks like mine i.e slightly off centre to the left :lol:

Cheers matey! :thumbsup: So yours is off centre too??? I've been trying to think of how to straighten it up, but it bolted so well into place that I've no idea. I'm open to ideas?? I really like it, but the way that it sits off centre makes it look iffy :(

And yeah, defo improvement over the origional though! :thumbsup:

TTE Back Box

Cheers!

Scoob

Cheers matey! :thumbsup: So yours is off centre too??? I've been trying to think of how to straighten it up, but it bolted so well into place that I've no idea. I'm open to ideas?? I really like it, but the way that it sits off centre makes it look iffy :(

And yeah, defo improvement over the origional though! :thumbsup:

This issue has been discussed in the past, i dont think anyone bothered to do anything about it, its just the way it is :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links