Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ideas For Toc Rav4 Meet

Hoovie

As suggested - let's put this on its own thread ....

Suggestions so far I have seen ......

* Skidpan Session somewhere

* Real Life Skiddy Road driving in Norway

* Drink-Driving Weekend in Lake District (that is Driving in Daytime, Drinking at Nighttime :lol: )

Maybe post and/or adapt any suggestions and we can have a poll vote bit later?

PS - Open to non-RAV4 TOC members, I am sure, but idea may be to go off-road a bit :P

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• local hero

• Parts-King

• chatman

• anchorman

MOTOR SAFARI Up here in N Wales/Cheshire Borders. I know the owner, might be able to get a deal together ;)

Nude mud wrestling in Queensferry on a Saturday night

Pie eating competition at a venue to suit-Pies excluded-bring yer own!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nude mud wrestling in Queensferry on a Saturday night

I've heard that on special occasions, they even have women in the ring :blink:

name='Hoovie' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:26 AM' post='825521']

I've heard that on special occasions, they even have women in the ring :blink:

I would'nt go so far as to say they are women :wacko:

Me and Bothy could compare Hernia scares before leaping into a tub of hot mud! What a sight :sick:

Well i think the skid pan thing would be most beneficial to us all, only drawback i can see is that most seem to say 3hrs tuition, so if say 15 of us were interested it could be a problem, I appreciate that we would not actually be driving for 3hrs..also finding a location suitable for everyone will be difficult..

another idea might be a rav economy run ie we brim our tanks, drive somewhere for lunch, drive back + see who has used the least fuel obviously different categories for petrol/diesel..

other than that a day go karting on a proper circuit with 70mph carts, i have done this before and its good fun..

OR a weekend in Bangkok.. :rolleyes:

Go Karts are great fun - don't think I have ever driven 70 MPH ones though :eek:

Actually, twice after I went karting, I drove home in my 4WD Celica Turbo and managed to spin it each time :blush: could never manage to even get the back end to step out usually :rolleyes:

Location wise, most are ok for me personally but I think it would be good to have any meet to include an overnight to make it worthwhile with the travel needed for many given the range of locations (as well as a bit of inbibement)

OR a weekend in Bangkok.. :rolleyes:

Well this is the best offer so far, beats my nude mud wrestling :rolleyes: however, Bangkok airport has been shut this morning, and I'm not going all that way to be knocked back...........again! :lol:

The pie tasting session looks promising :D:

Years ago as the "Northern Technical Account Manager" it was in my role to go to the Lyons Cake factory in Carlton and tour the production line, followed by a raid on the Staff Shop - filled up the boot for a fiver :eat:

you'd have loved that, Kingo ;) :Jumpy:

Cake?.................Cake??........Do I look like a cake person Hoovie?

It's pies or nowt fer me :lol: Any pie will do, but the savoury type, pork pie, snake and pygmy, that type of thing

There is a place in the world for Apple pie and custard............Just to finish off with you understand :eat:

I like the Pie idea :D :D or all down to Hoovie to sample the pasties..... :lol: :lol: then do some surfing.....

Cadbury's World seems a good idea as well....tour the factory smell the glorious chocolate then fill your boots with a visit to the shop afterwards.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Interesting idea ....

head to north Devon and there is a cadburys world outlet shop at "Atlantic Village", lots of surfing of course and between Sep and April, you are allowed to drive on most of the Beaches.

Westwood Ho! beach looks a great place to have some fun on and long as you got another vehicle to hep you get out of trouble, could be good ;)

:beer::beer:

Cake?.................Cake??........Do I look like a cake person Hoovie?

It's pies or nowt fer me :lol: Any pie will do, but the savoury type, pork pie, snake and pygmy, that type of thing

There is a place in the world for apple pie and custard............Just to finish off with you understand :eat:

This place might suit Kingo, right in the midlands so central for all.. link :cheers::eat::eat:

This place might suit Kingo, right in the midlands so central for all.. link :cheers::eat::eat:

That's a long trip. :rolleyes: I'd barely get the engine up to temperature.

There bay nuthin wrong wiv Tipton, :thumbsup: but to be honest, we could probably find some where a bit less "urban".

Haven't been in the pie factory for a few years, but here's the menu for Kingo:

http://www.p77.com/mad-pies/eat-in.htm

Did Anchorman also suggest The Motor Heritage Centre @ Gaydon in another post? Should that go on the list for completeness?

BRILL SHCM, torn between the desperate dan 4lb pie, + the Navvies mixed grill, served on a shovel, I just love Haute Cuisine.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I was thinking maybe we could do a Januaryfest, like the Octoberfest?

Oktoberfest.jpg

Just a thought (or two) that sprung to mind ;)

Oktoberfest.jpg

We could always do Spearmint Rhino in Windsor...Just a thought seeing those two above....Could meet their other cousins....

Just tossing things into the pile as such..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Oktoberfest.jpg

We could always do Spearmint Rhino in Windsor...Just a thought seeing those two above....Could meet their other cousins....

Just tossing things into the pile as such..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well what about THE GENEVA MOTORSHOW next year, looks like it could be quite entertaining + some nice cars as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

well what about THE GENEVA MOTORSHOW next year, looks like it could be quite entertaining + some nice cars as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some lovely models on display....

Funnily enuff I nearly organised a trip to Geneva this year, but events overtook and it never happened. I am even more determined to go now :yes:

Geneva.....nice......very nice........but I think it would take serious work before I could get my Pass stamped for a trip like that from the Boss :chair::bangin::bash: :fishyface:

Geneva.....nice......very nice........but I think it would take serious work before I could get my Pass stamped for a trip like that from the Boss :chair::bangin::bash: :fishyface:

Time to start collecting brownie points...............Would you like the front room decorated dear?......By the way I'm off to Geneva for an overnighter :no: Mind you, I think I could get away with an overnight in Geneva, not sure about Amsterdam though :eek:

We could go further >>>

AUSTRALIA MOTOR SHOW PICS

I'm sure you might agree with me LH?

Time to start collecting brownie points...............Would you like the front room decorated dear?......By the way I'm off to Geneva for an overnighter :no:

Just nipping out for a pint of Milk, dear. Back soon! :angel_not:

Time to start collecting brownie points...............Would you like the front room decorated dear?......By the way I'm off to Geneva for an overnighter :no:

Just nipping out for a pint of Milk, dear. Back soon! :angel_not:

Might need a better excuse than that Fuji, Kingo will be up for THIS ONE The Bangkok motorshow. however we will need a translator (NEGOTIATOR).. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links