Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ideas For Toc Rav4 Meet

Hoovie

That puts me on earlies so around in the evening but not if I'm on very early next day. However, if I'm still working from home - no problem!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• local hero

• Parts-King

• chatman

• anchorman

How can you drive a train from home? :unsure::unsure: Have you got a train set in your loft? Or do you control one of those driverless jobbies that we went on in London from your laptop?..Spooky :driving:

Aha! I have my own siding where I maintain my own train!!!

I produce training material like this traction manual. It is all done in Excel (yes even the pictures) and you can navigate around and click on the various parts and it tells you have to fix it and what the rules that apply to it consist of.

This is a real one;

Class156.jpg

.........and this is an Excel drawing of the same thing;

156.jpg

They take a bit of time and believe it or not the hardest thing to reproduce are the stripes.

WOW thats really impressive, Wife just said is there no end to your talents, To which i replied he probably swept the BL**DY platform as well, as theres not a single piece of litter..:thumbsup:

Don we still have Steam trains on the Isle of Man Ho and electric ones as well!!!!!!!!!

Clare

They take a bit of time and believe it or not the hardest thing to reproduce are the stripes.

I'm well impressed with that :thumbsup:

Right lost track in here somewhere what date's may be best for the northern curry night meet....

I have Friday 6th Feb earmarked for a project meeting in Manchester.... the still needs TBC with my client ;) ...... So who's up for it then.... :)

I check the diary and let you know.... :thumbsup:

:D :yahoo:

What's this :o

Meeting looking likely to be on Tuesday 10th now :censor: so the Night of Monday 9th Feb is the curry date

:crybaby::crybaby: :( :( Have a good time lads :crybaby::crybaby:

I'm well impressed with that :thumbsup:

Me too! :toast:

Don we still have Steam trains on the Isle of Man Ho and electric ones as well!!!!!!!!!

Clare

I thought you could walk around your island :P

Clare

I thought you could walk around your island :P

They don't have any RAV's though :( :( :( :( :(

:thumbsup: O.K.Then how about Dil Se - Orkney? (That must be the furthest North in the UK for a curry night?) - unless someone's doing curried penguin masala!)

:thumbsup: O.K.Then how about Dil Se - Orkney? (That must be the furthest North in the UK for a curry night?) - unless someone's doing curried penguin masala!)
Ive had chicken Tarka massala :yes: Its like chicken tikka, but a little Otter.. :shutit:

:eek:

Drawing that train in excel is like building a house with only a spanner! Why not just pasting the photos directly into the manual?

:eek:

Drawing that train in excel is like building a house with only a spanner! Why not just pasting the photos directly into the manual?

Well there lies a little story. The company only have basic programs on their computers so it has to be something that is compatible with them. It is part of an interactive guide and you can hold your mouse over an item on the train and click on it and it will open up another page with a description of the component and photos etc. You can also click other tabs that take you to fault finding and rectification and another tab for rules and regulations. I will soon be talking to a guy who is good at web design as we may find it more user friendly as a web browser.

The answer to your question is that the complete excel diagram is full of hyperlinks.

Well there lies a little story. The company only have basic programs on their computers so it has to be something that is compatible with them. It is part of an interactive guide and you can hold your mouse over an item on the train and click on it and it will open up another page with a description of the component and photos etc. You can also click other tabs that take you to fault finding and rectification and another tab for rules and regulations. I will soon be talking to a guy who is good at web design as we may find it more user friendly as a web browser.

The answer to your question is that the complete excel diagram is full of hyperlinks.

Go the web hyperlinks and hot spot route.... Make those doc's so simple and easier to manage....Use Dream Weaver...

The images will be better controlled and faster.........

Go the web hyperlinks and hot spot route.... Make those doc's so simple and easier to manage....Use Dream Weaver...

The images will be better controlled and faster.........

Well thats all very well for you to say :wacko:

Do you need the computer on or off to do that?

All being well I'll show you how good I am at scoffing curry but as for the hot spot route I'm afraid that I don't know what you are talking about :thumbsup:

All being well I'll show you how good I am at scoffing curry but as for the hot spot route I'm afraid that I don't know what you are talking about :thumbsup:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Anyhow back on topic for a while.... Is this curry night going ahead. Or am I sitting in the hotel bar at a single table again reading the paper....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Anyhow back on topic for a while.... Is this curry night going ahead. Or am I sitting in the hotel bar at a single table again reading the paper....

Yes, so far A yes from me, looking good for Kingo, sorry but fuji cant make the 9th :crybaby: Anchs only if he can be in bed before midnight, as he apparently turns into a pumpkin, and anyone else who wants to make the trip + its in Manchester... :thumbsup: I won't need to book anything on a Monday night, It has been suggested that later in the year maybe we could have a bigger event, maybe a day at Gaydon, followed by a Curry/Meal in the evening which would be more central and a fuller day for anyone coming a greater distance, your ideas for this would be welcome, and if anyone can make it to Manchester Mon 9th about 19-00 to 20-00 they are very very welcome.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links