Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ideas For Toc Rav4 Meet

Hoovie

Hey just asked or told the misses about going to Geneva Motor Show...and......................................................................

........She didn't even bat an eye lid...and just said when you going.....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Come on.........................So when we going then.....

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• local hero

• Parts-King

• chatman

• anchorman

Hey just asked or told the misses about going to Geneva Motor Show...and......................................................................

........She didn't even bat an eye lid...and just said when you going.....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Come on.........................So when we going then.....

Well flights dont seem a problem BMI from £3-04p..but looked at hotels most either no vacancies or £100+ per night, for shared room will try gasthaus :unsure:

Tunnocks Caramel wafer/Scotch pie factory > IrnBru Works > Whisky Distillery > Perth Off-Road driving (can even provide landrover with full rollcage etc) > Haggis shooting at Gleneagles > then finally some Scottish Rally type road work - dieselly oil burners given a days start ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flights to Geneva from my neck of the woods are only on Saturdays :huh: - prob have to fly/drive to another UK airport and then fly from there.

All in trip for around the £100 could be ok.

One possible source of accomodation could be a Hostel :eek: - Stayed at some weird nun-run hostel in Zurich years ago when I extended a biz trip into a weekend and wanted cheap as chips place to stay - something like £10 a night!

or Maybe even forget the flights - Drive to Geneva - each RAV 4 up :thumbsup:

Flights to Geneva from my neck of the woods are only on Saturdays :huh: - prob have to fly/drive to another UK airport and then fly from there.

One possible source of accomodation could be a Hostel :eek: - Stayed at some weird nun-run hostel in Zurich years ago when I extended a biz trip into a weekend and wanted cheap as chips place to stay - something like £10 a night!

We could turn it into a road trip......Nice Idea....Would take longer though..............................

I second Hoovies Idea............ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We could turn it into a road trip......Nice Idea....Would take longer though..............................

Brill hate flying, Count me in if we get enough interest..did anyone click my bangkok motor show,where it said bangkok motor show there was a link to the left (more thai ladies) apologies not for the faint hearted or kiddies :thumbsup:

PS..I AM DEF UP FOR HOOVIES WEIRD NUN RUN HOSTEL :lol::lol:

Shared Hostel Dorm room in (1 bed in a three bed dorm-men only!) €21.2

OR

1 bed in a single room €39

GENEVA HOSTEL

Rooms dont look too bad, but no cat swinging allowed, take a VIRTUAL TOUR

I like LH's idea of the Bangkok motor show better though

Hmmmm getting better all the time

Kingo :thumbsup:

Tunnocks Caramel wafer/Scotch pie factory > IrnBru Works > Whisky Distillery > Perth Off-Road driving (can even provide landrover with full rollcage etc) > Haggis shooting at Gleneagles > then finally some Scottish Rally type road work - dieselly oil burners given a days start ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are not worthy of the Tunnocks factory.

Even as an evil sasanack, I must protest at the suggested cruelty to the wee haggis. Hunt them to extinction and you know it will only indirectly affect your tourist industry in the end! :yes:

shcm does in fact stand for Stop Haggis Callous Murder. :gun_bandana:

....they are quite tasty though..... :eat::unsure:

Maybe even forget the flights - Drive to Geneva - each RAV 4 up :thumbsup:

even cheaper - just sleep in your RAV.

PS..I AM DEF UP FOR HOOVIES WEIRD NUN RUN HOSTEL :lol::lol:

Don't forget your wimple.

We are forgetting Bothy, he has only got 2 seats, and his isnt long enuff to sleep in, he might get there first, but will have to fillup every 100mls :D

We are forgetting Bothy, he has only got 2 seats, and his isnt long enuff to sleep in, he might get there first, but will have to fillup every 100mls :D

....yes but he has two RAVs. Take off both rear doors (being very careful with the hinges of course), park them back to back and you have a sleeping area across the two boot spaces.

How you drive RAV No.1 and No.2 at the same time is a minor problem. I can hook up an active cruise control so that RAV No.2 automatically follows RAV No.1 at a distance of about 6 inches....... or a tow bar of course :D

Bothy could always get towed by a 5 door :eek: That way he could save on the fuel and he would actually arrive in the same week he left :rolleyes: OR I could just post him like many of the parts I send him, and he would get there before he left ;)

I'm not sure me and Bothy would fit in the same dorm, I might have to cut down on the pies between now and March :D:

just planned a route Calais to geneva 463mls...7h 57mins, Dont know if this includes stopping at Le pie shoppe en route.. :meet:

We also need a 5 door spare RAV to take the seats out the back and so make enough room for the duty free booty and pie's of course..... ;) ;)

We could do it in some of the T180's and make the journey faster....may need a Roof Rack to carry the spare tyres on though....also a map of local Toyota dealers.... :D :D

Distance from Calais and aerial view of the Halls at Geneva....

distance.jpg

map.jpg

genevamotorshow.jpg

You can walk to it from the airport...as it's right next door..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

just planned a route Calais to geneva 463mls...7h 57mins, Dont know if this includes stopping at Le pie shoppe en route.. :meet:

How much fuel will that take LH? Must be cheaper to fly, even though you dont like it :lol:

Might have to bring some pies with me, dont expect they do our type of pie in Geneva :rolleyes:

How much fuel will that take LH? Must be cheaper to fly, even though you dont like it :lol:

Might have to bring some pies with me, dont expect they do our type of pie in Geneva :rolleyes:

That's about a tank full on a Diesel RAV..... with 4 up and sharing the driving/Fuel cost's... still be cheaper than flying.....and more enjoyable....

The Pie's in France may contain meet we normally bet on in a race at Aintree :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Might be missing a trick here.

Was with my French colleagues visiting Toulouse a while back. It has a few curry houses and they wanted to try it. (They are French and they seem to like curry :eek:).

Slightly surreal experience for me. Brum is supposed to be the balti capital and I'm eating Indian type food in France, modified for French tastes. :unsure:

Anyway, point is I reckon there must be a market. So, large tank of balti in the back, with poppadoms, naans, rice etc. Flog 'em on the way down - pays for the diesel. (Did you see "The Apprentice" when they tried to flog English cheese to the French? :rolleyes:)

Could be an alternative for when work goes bust next year because nobody is buying cars. Open a curry house in Brittany. :unsure::lol:

map.jpg
Do we go near that big bridge in the clouds that they went over on top gear? And is Anchs up for it cos I'd never have got to the London motorshow

without him..Also never driven on the wrong side of the road but willing to learn :eek::eek::help: Tre Bonn as Del boy would say :thumbsup:

The "Cloud Bridge" is further west. I meant to go over it when I drove to North-East Spain, but I followed the Sat-Nav and of course it was not on there yet :rolleyes:

Driving on the wrong side is no problem - only takes minutes to get used to it - only complication I found is when the roads are really quiet if you start off a drive, is easy to automatically drive on the left as no cars to jog your memory :D

The "Cloud Bridge" is further west. I meant to go over it when I drove to North-East Spain, but I followed the Sat-Nav and of course it was not on there yet :rolleyes:

Driving on the wrong side is no problem - only takes minutes to get used to it - only complication I found is when the roads are really quiet if you start off a drive, is easy to automatically drive on the left as no cars to jog your memory :D

doesn't seem to be a problem for foreign lorry drivers up here in Scotland who drive on the wrong side all the time - the problem is for those of us trying to drive on the correct side!

Still working out whether attaching a car trailer could be done without anyone noticing........and finding out where they are going might be helpful???

map.jpg
Do we go near that big bridge in the clouds that they went over on top gear? And is Anchs up for it cos I'd never have got to the London motorshow

without him..Also never driven on the wrong side of the road but willing to learn :eek::eek::help: Tre Bonn as Del boy would say :thumbsup:

I normally drive on the wrong side anyway.

Its a hell of a long way though. I recently drove to Stuttgart and it is a very long day. However, I will see what I am doing shift wise.

This is what worries me;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kCqcMOB6STc&...feature=related

Don't worry about that Anchs, If you need a cuddle, buy kingo a pie + a pint and he's very accomodating :thumbsup:

These don't tie in very well with rest days so I need to start looking at holidays or swaps. Anybody any idea when they plan to go? It would probably be easiest for me to swap into Wed/Thu 11th&12th plus a day holiday if we need to spill over into another day either side. That gives us 3 days and two nights to avoid putting hands between the pillows!!!

Anybody any idea when they plan to go? It would probably be easiest for me to swap into Wed/Thu 11th&12th plus a day holiday if we need to spill over into another day either side.

I'm easy.........apparantly :D: But it will cost you more than a pie and a pint! ;)

I still prefer flying, not sure I could take the strain of driving/been driven for two whole days :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links