Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Air Feed Fitted...

Norfolk n Chance

Finally got it fitted... thanks Chay for the pointers! :thumbsup:

Now the question is... i have another silver funnel that came with the kit and i'm undecided on wether to replace the mesh in the bumper in order to cut out a section and fit the funnel... or leave it as it is and keep the "stealth" look... opinions?? B)

03052009041.jpg

03052009039.jpg

03052009040.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• LAA69

• cabcurtains

• -T- Sport

Don't cut it, that will allow bigger objects to potentially get and it will look chavvy as well as making the car potentially harder to sell on as it will have a hole in the grill!

Stealth is best option :ph34r::lol: ;)

Don't cut it, that will allow bigger objects to potentially get and it will look chavvy as well as making the car potentially harder to sell on as it will have a hole in the grill!

Stealth is best option :ph34r::lol: ;)

Agree with CC above, this is also on my list of to do's, jammy git but well done :thumbsup:

Is it easy to remove the stock air feed and what diameter pipe have you used ? ;)

Nice CAF Norfolk. It looks great with only the silver/chrome lip poking under the filter. :help:

Emsii, those hoses make it look fantastic. The CAF fits with the redness. Lovely! ;)

Agree with CC above, this is also on my list of to do's, jammy git but well done :thumbsup:

Is it easy to remove the stock air feed and what diameter pipe have you used ? ;)

It's quite easy to do just remove the Battery and pull out stock air feed - there's a plastic cap holding it in place above the headlight :thumbsup:

I used a 75mm diameter pipe... fits quite snuggly where the stock feed used to be :D

Emsii - what diameter did you use??

I did this same thing yesterday.

w82ph2.jpg

My "pipe" was too large to fit like norfolk's. :(

Are those Red replacement hoses or hose sheaths ?

It's quite easy to do just remove the Battery and pull out stock air feed - there's a plastic cap holding it in place above the headlight :thumbsup:

I used a 75mm diameter pipe... fits quite snuggly where the stock feed used to be :D

Emsii - what diameter did you use??

Cool, i was looking at 75mm hose as well with Blue bell ends, now i know it fits i think ill order .

Cheers chaps .... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Want to get some hose sheaths like Emsii

:thumbsup:

Think I'll pass. :)

Did contemplate it once but... nah.

It would seem that a sense of humour is even being censored these days without even an explanation from the mods....

The "Family Friendly forum" was tidied up after complaints from paying members about smut and off topic comments

Moderators have enough to do without having to manage schoolboy toilet humour :rolleyes:

The "Family Friendly forum" was tidied up after complaints from paying members about smut and off topic comments

Moderators have enough to do without having to manage schoolboy toilet humour :rolleyes:

You make it sound like non-paying members are second class....

As for "Off Topic" comments... it's my thread and i don't recall complaining about those...

red yaris again making members feel like the forum is no longer a nice place to be. unless of course you have paid. HA

You make it sound like non-paying members are second class....

As for "Off Topic" comments... it's my thread and i don't recall complaining about those...

You got your explaination Gaz............................Non Paying members are not second class...............but paying members do get certain privelages and do help to keep TOC solvent............Why not become a paying member Gaz?..............and really help the club. :)

Because little things have been happening lately that put me off taking out a membership...

May i add at this point that i have damn well paid......

So id like to complain about the sense of humour bypasses the job of moderator seems to require, can i please suggest a review of the JD for Moderator status.

Also please explain what a Cold Air Feed does if it is not to Blow cold air into an intake hole ?

Ive just ordered one in the hope that the above is exactly what it does, now if im misled, perhaps some enlightenment would be welcomed, if however i am correct, then an explanation for the over zealous moderating would be appropriate ?

Thank you kindly ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::baby:

Because little things have been happening lately that put me off taking out a membership...

I may think twice next time, thats for sure, im all for appropriate moderating, but come on damn .... pffff

red yaris again making members feel like the forum is no longer a nice place to be. unless of course you have paid. HA

Please see TOC T&C's:

T&C Edit: 2nd December 2007

Moderators within the Toyota Owners Club are appointed by the management to volunteer and moderate topics and posts within the club and have the right to remove, edit or alter any post they see fit that bides with these terms and conditions on this website. Any members opposing a moderators decision should do so with the moderator directly by using PM or email in a professional manner. Any member purposely creating posts or threads opposing a moderators decision will result in the members forum account being closed permanently. Members should also be reminded that we do not tolerate ANY rudeness to staff members whatsoever whether it is done through the website, PM system or email.

Please see TOC T&C's:

T&C Edit: 2nd December 2007

Moderators within the Toyota Owners Club are appointed by the management to volunteer and moderate topics and posts within the club and have the right to remove, edit or alter any post they see fit that bides with these terms and conditions on this website. Any members opposing a moderators decision should do so with the moderator directly by using PM or email in a professional manner. Any member purposely creating posts or threads opposing a moderators decision will result in the members forum account being closed permanently. Members should also be reminded that we do not tolerate ANY rudeness to staff members whatsoever whether it is done through the website, PM system or email.

Ok now i do agree that this thread is going :offtopic:

A PM when the original slightly off topics posts were removed may have been better

But never mind..... can all posts after -T- Sports 9.54pm post please be removed.

EDIT : All posts up to this one... one's after this are on topic and devoid of humour....

Now the question is... i have another silver funnel that came with the kit and i'm undecided on wether to replace the mesh in the bumper in order to cut out a section and fit the funnel... or leave it as it is and keep the "stealth" look... opinions?? B)

03052009041.jpg

03052009039.jpg

03052009040.jpg

Where did you pick the cold air feed from fella and can i ask how much it set you back. I've still got the old snorkel in so i'm keen to replace it with something similar. Just need to figure out where I would hook it on to my pre-facelift (ARRRHG!) bumper.

03052009041.jpg

03052009039.jpg

03052009040.jpg

Where did you pick the cold air feed from fella and can i ask how much it set you back. I've still got the old snorkel in so i'm keen to replace it with something similar. Just need to figure out where I would hook it on to my pre-facelift (ARRRHG!) bumper.

Lee

I ordered mine last night, cost me £40 delivered, i have the same dilemma of where to feed from, if i figure it out ill post a picture.

Cheers Emsii, i found and ordered a set last night when i ordered the CA feed pipe.

Ill put pics up when done .... :thumbsup:

Disclaimer .... The above post contains no humour what so ever in keeping with TOCs "No Humour" policy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links