Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Air Feed Fitted...

Norfolk n Chance

Where did you pick the cold air feed from fella and can i ask how much it set you back. I've still got the old snorkel in so i'm keen to replace it with something similar. Just need to figure out where I would hook it on to my pre-facelift (ARRRHG!) bumper.
Lee

I ordered mine last night, cost me £40 delivered, i have the same dilemma of where to feed from, if i figure it out ill post a picture.

Cheers Emsii, i found and ordered a set last night when i ordered the CA feed pipe.

Ill put pics up when done .... :thumbsup:

Disclaimer .... The above post contains no humour what so ever in keeping with TOCs "No Humour" policy.

eBay... around £30 i think...

crinks85 added a CAF to his pre-facelift... he sourced the air from the top grill next to the Toyota Badge :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• LAA69

• cabcurtains

• -T- Sport

Your going to need a man sized filter now you have got yourself a big pipe :lol: ;)

Your going to need a man sized filter now you have got yourself a big pipe :lol: ;)

But a bigger filter will simply let a lot more crap into my engine... clean air is always better :P

:lol:

But a bigger filter will simply let a lot more crap into my engine... clean air is always better :P

Very well said, in a completely to the point, no Humour or fun type of school boy shinanigans ...

.... Which would contravene some regulation im sure ... "Least animated emoticon inserted here"

how long does the ducting need to be to get from say the filter (in my case read stock airbox gap) to a cold spot i.e the front grille?

i looked at a pipercross kit today in Halfords and it looked a touch short.

however i have seen 75cm and 100cm long jobbys around just wondering which would be a better fit?

any advice?

I got a 1m hose which fits fine..... just! :lol:

1.5m would probably make the install a bit easier :thumbsup:

Bigger Filter=More Flitered Air=More Power - compare our siggys if you cant remember Burnley :lol: :P

Bigger Filter=More Flitered Air=More Power - compare our siggys if you cant remember Burnley :lol: :P

Also = poorer filtration = more crap in engine = potential damage to engine = shorter engine life :P

Also = poorer filtration = more crap in engine = potential damage to engine = shorter engine life :P

Bring it on, i think not changing your oil for 18,000 miles will be doing more damage :P

De Ja Vu.

Because none of us are bored of this at all....... :rolleyes:

I thought that the humour was bloody funny!

It's good to let your childish side run wild once in a while.

It makes you more, human. :yes:

De Ja Vu.

Remember, being human contravenes at least 4 TOC forum regulations !!!!!!!

N&C, no oil change for 18k :eek: You should be ashamed sir ... :huh:

Bring it on, i think not changing your oil for 18,000 miles will be doing more damage :P

To be fair it's had a few top ups so it's not all old oil.... :bag:

Just curious....

Why do people list their bhp at the fly wheel, when it's at the wheels that matter?

im curious as to why you feel power @ the flywheel doesnt matter as much as wheel HP?

flywheels HP is an indication of engine performance/power.

wheel HP is performance after the loses of transmission/gearing etc.

lets not forget manufacturers state PS/HP figures @ the fly, so when people modify their cars and have them rolling roaded its nice to be able to be comparative between stock figures and modified figures.

Just curious....

Why do people list their bhp at the fly wheel, when it's at the wheels that matter?

I list both.... -T- Sport got 209bhp @ the Fly but only 4bhp more than me at the wheels....

Dale... what were your figures??

De Ja Vu.

Remember, being human contravenes at least 4 TOC forum regulations !!!!!!!

You know what.

I'm so sorry. I forgot!

I'm gonna have to tell my mother that she didn't raise me right.

Please sir, lead me to enlightenment. Show me the rules!

It's ok i found Dale's figures....

I was there also, even though it looks like i wasn't :lol:

206 BHP - Fly

151 BHP - Wheels

130 Torques's

Max Power at 8430 RPM, hit the limiter at 8580 RPM 110 MPH.

53 Reg, done 54k mods below :)

I am very happy with figures :yahoo:

151BHP @ the wheels??

So despite me having less at the Fly i have more where it counts! :P

My exact results were....

209BHP @ 8260RPM

164WHP @ 8260RPM

130 Lb-Ft @ 7580RPM

Max Power @ 105Mph.

Note! He claimed he had to lift off before the limiter as my wheels were wobbling! :lol:

Make sure you get me a Kebab while you're out! Sure you've got plenty of room in that Van of yours!

I'm in the process of getting all the service items together to give mine a good going over.... then i want another Dyno run ;)

just going back to the caf topic (before i report all of you for going off topic :D) has anyone actually whipped the front bumper off to see if theres a way of running it through to the engine bay, rather than just trying to find one with it on?

i dont wanna do somehting like what was pictured on page one with the pipe sat behind the grill, i want to actually sink the bell end (im not talking about my helmet, im refering to the caf piece which can be sunk into the bodywork where air can enter the pipe) into my front bumper somewhere, some people may think it would look chavvy but imo its the best way of getting lots of cold air into the engine quickly!

not sure whether to go the viper route with its enclosed filter or go typhoon with a heatshield route, granted the viper wont b so good on the rr due to lack of air intake but is that what really matters? it would be annoying not getting a true rr reading!

(my koni springs came yesterday, pics coming soon)

T8 TRD did that on his...

He put an intake hole just under the passenger headlight.... it did look a bit chavvy tbh but each to their own :thumbsup:

206 BHP - Fly

151 BHP - Wheels

130 Torques's

151BHP @ the wheels??

It was a typo, 161 at the wheels is the correct figure, the additional 0.66% at the wheels would leave you for dead :2guns:

Shall i get my :nopity::lol: :P

206 BHP - Fly

151 BHP - Wheels

130 Torques's

151BHP @ the wheels??

It was a typo, 161 at the wheels is the correct figure, the additional 0.66% at the wheels would leave you for dead :2guns:

Shall i get my :nopity::lol: :P

:laughing:

Once i get my service done i want to go back for another dyno run ;)

Service, CAF and CUstom Heatshield = New Dyno! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links