Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My G6 Corolla 4X4 - My Rwd 7age corolla - Page 12

sonur

More sweet stuff mate, I have an LUK Clutch in my GTi, they're nice.

Do you happen to have a GTi Sunroof?...

LUK Clutch? never heard of it :rolleyes:

Sunroof, yes I do have one, but I dond´t remeber in what condition it is in, i can cheack

for it and let you know?!

I have a luk clutch too. They are German-made.

"I presuaude him to sell me his front lip

I alway wanted and yesterday he did"

l_471558fa9f2a44a5814faa5c74d7bac7.jpg

Hi,

Congrats on your project, nice one!

I have a question for you regarding the front lip. I noticed you have the same "unusual" bumper as I do (like this one). I haven't seen an E11 front lip in person, but I'm not sure wether it fits our bumper or not. I'm currently looking for a front lip, too - as well as a G6 grille - for my Linea Terra hatchback.

Also, do you have any idea why do we have different bumpers?

Thanks!

sede7

name='sede7' timestamp='1295877482' post='1081719']

"I presuaude him to sell me his front lip

I alway wanted and yesterday he did"

l_471558fa9f2a44a5814faa5c74d7bac7.jpg

Hi,

Congrats on your project, nice one!

I have a question for you regarding the front lip. I noticed you have the same "unusual" bumper as I do (like this one). I haven't seen an E11 front lip in person, but I'm not sure wether it fits our bumper or not. I'm currently looking for a front lip, too - as well as a G6 grille - for my Linea Terra hatchback.

Also, do you have any idea why do we have different bumpers?

Thanks!

sede7

Our bumpers have different lower front lip of the bumper, these G6 bumpers front and rear are two peaces

I bought my front lower peace from either Booster-tuning or from a Toyota wrecked part seller in my country

I really dont remeber where I got it from but it´s like you said "unusal"

My front lip I bought to put on that lower peace front bumper does not fit 100% but I knew that befor I bought it, Im going to mold it onto the lower bumper and make a new bumper from glassfiber rolleyes.gif

Now look who desited to show up after a long time, this kept me waiting to assamble the master peace cursing.gif

l.jpg

Now when I got it in mail I started staight away

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

ACL Racing main bearing in and ARP lubed up

l.jpg

l.jpg

Measuring for oil clearance

l.jpg

l.jpg

Greased all of it and torqued it down to specs

l.jpg

One BT piston ready for new OEM pistonrings

l.jpg

Two coplete with ACL Racing bearings ready for take off

l.jpg

Two inserted two to go

l.jpg

All inserted plus headgasket

l.jpg

Head on, headbolts cleaned and lubed and head torqued to specs

l.jpg

l.jpg

Enjoy

More to come tomorrow, did a bunch last night (almoast finished it)

OM NOM NOM!!

How did you get the Head so clean!!?! I'm trying to get my block and head dipped so I can store them...

OM NOM NOM!!

How did you get the Head so clean!!?! I'm trying to get my block and head dipped so I can store them...

I went to the shop to get the surface ligned up 100% and they cleaned it for me

Some more lovely photos of this beautifull engine

l.jpg

l.jpg

WOW so glad that this part is over, the engine is 3/4 completed where it stands, I cant finish it where it is because

then I cant get it out of the basement...

I just got back in from painting apart of the body where the engine will sitt

it was only factory primered and was starting to rust a litle.

Next on the list:

get the engine up to my dads garage, and put the gearbox on it and into the engine bay.

Then another driveshaft moldings have to be made and weld the exhaust back togeather and the G6 is ready for inspection biggrin.gif

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA!!!

This is how it started on friday at my dads garage

l.jpg

l.jpg

Getting the 4wd gearbox molding holes ready

l.jpg

Im alone at this so this is my method!

l.jpg

Done

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Rolling the Rolla in and baking bred

l.jpg

Done, even cleanded all the little rust spots in the floor

l.jpg

l.jpg

Now to the Driveshaft/propshaft

l.jpg

l.jpg

In the rear moldings I cut everything off and made a new narrower ones to fit the propshaft deep in the tunnel

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

DONE!!

l.jpg

Rear

l.jpg

Front

l.jpg

Almoast finished

l.jpg

l.jpg

The black panda is almoast finished now, Ive been driving it to day but its got some illness I

have to get a hold off, Its bogging ALOT!! I cant put the trhottle down 20% it just boggs and

I cant rev it past 5000rpm, its like its lacking fuel but this wasent like this when the Silvertop

was in it, and I got everything the same ECU, MAP, O2 sensor, the only change is the BT engine instead of

ST engine!..

Update in couple of days , Enjoy wacko.gif

Finally working right yahoo.gif

Just put new sparkplugs in, mating 3sgte spark wires into it, this thing moves so friggin much!!

• 1 month later...

It´s been a while since I posted something, I was going to make a video of the Black beast

but have been so busy in school and with my pregnant fiance with our secont baby :toast:

But here´s something Ive been doing with the smallest time I had in between space and time :yawn:

I tradet my AE95 Drift Wagon project for my Shefs friends G6 the one I bought the front lip from

l.jpg

Third time I had another G6 with my 4wd G6, secont time picturing it

l.jpg

l.jpg

Its sitting on 16" rims with alomast new tires

l.jpg

Its driven 189.xxxkm and he just put a new alternator in, then the headgasket blew :unsure:

l.jpg

Couple of days later I went to one of my Toyota buddies and bought my old 7afe 1800cc engine back

from him and was thinking of build my first 7age engine, He had this sitting out side his garage when

I came to wisit him (the red Corolla)

l.jpg

I asked him about it and he sayd he had been meaning to trhow it away for along time, He bought

it from some women long time ago and never got around to do anyting to it, so it sad there for 4years

So I bouhgt it from him for throwing away fees :rolleyes:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Love this gauge cluster, no rev gauge :thumbsup: Its driven 89.000km :lol:

l.jpg

The day after I towed it with my old man to his garage where my elivator sits and started working on it

I finished it the day after that and got it on the street and took my little famelie to a winterhouse out in the country to relax over a wheekend..

l.jpg

l.jpg

And theres Mini me having a blast out in the snow :lol:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Little Arty picture

l.jpg

Then I had the pleasure of buying one of my old ae95 I owned year befor

l.jpg

Don´t know what to do with it..

l.jpg

So this is the newest stuff, but I actually got a big new stuff that I want to hold on to alittle bit longer

I will post wen I get the time to, and Im going to post a video soon of the 4wd G6 rolling,

finally done breaking it and men its moving fast!!!!! TOTALY Justin Bieber Knock out Whaa BAMM :bangin:

Feel free to post fellas... Its free!!!

How much cash do you have dude??.... :lol: Don't ever throw the AE95... ever. It's too much like an AE92 :lol:

How much cash do you have dude??.... :lol: Don't ever throw the AE95... ever. It's too much like an AE92 :lol:

Hehehe :D thanks , I got some savings, and I got an envelope in my draw with cash to buy cars and make

more monney from, I dont have a job anymore so I cinda have to buy and sell one car a month just to make

ends meet. I have friends that are extremely jelouse of me having almoast two babies a fiance an apartment

and 3-4 cars a month to do stuff to and they barrely have one car to fittle with and they live at there moms house

for free and they all have a full job... I dont know how they cant do the same thing I do :huh:

But dont you mean the ae92 5door not the wagon 4x4?

But heres more new stuff :D

I got a call from my good friend who has helped me some little some alot in all my car history,

he offered me his Subaru GT for my new G6 and my new AE95 Touring, I thought about it over a night

befor I tell you more, heres the story about that Subaru :o

l.jpg

And what heppent to it

l.jpg

Then got fixed

l.jpg

Just repainted after he had tha rollover accident in snow over the winter

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

This was an original GT Subaru with its 2.0 Turbo boxer engine, so that photo is taken about three years ago

in that time everybody was feeling to drift, buying an rwd or building an rwd car was already big.. I myself

had the Rwd Nissan S13 drift car, been working on that for two years making it as it was back then

l.jpg

Then he had another accident and the suby came out like this

l.jpg

So my friend desited to tag along the Drift blood and this was his first move was to sell his boxer

engine, wich I happent to buy from him so he could start the Drift project

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Then I sold the engine again and the fellas took it out for themselfs

and I bought that gray/yeallow engine jack in the picture so they could do the job

l.jpg

On with the picture flow

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

So with no divetrain he started to search for a grade swap

l.jpg

And the day after he bought this for a toyota friend

l.jpg

l.jpg

A imported 1jzgtte engine 2500cc twinturbo (I own the turbochargers from this engine as shown in older post)

l.jpg

So we started the first alignment of the engine

l.jpg

this engine is so big

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

So after thinking and messuring and thinking alot more, this engine would never bee a good swap unless

cutting the firewall, something we dind´t want to do becouse of rules in our country

So he went searching for another engine swap, calling friends, hitting the internet,

then a friend of ours whanted to swap engines with him and this was to be a much better to fit

SR20DET

l.jpg

So the secont swap started and Im going to let the pictures talk for a while

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

As close to the firewall as possible

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

How it sits to day and been a while

l.jpg

Engine specs

ACL race bearrings / ACL washers

GREDDY metal headgasket

Brian Crower 264 cams

NISMO rocker arms

ARP head / main and rod bolts

SS Topmount headders

NGK bpr7eix sparkplugs

The engine had a full overhaul plus all gaskets and everything timing relaited is new

So the engine has to be broken in when it starts for the first time :rolleyes:

Thinks left to do to/buy to finish

Propshaft

Turbine and oil/water lines

Downpipe to previous 3" open exhaust

Harness

ECU

Water cooler lines

Some intercooler hoses and pipes need to be fabed

Blow off vale

So this is the BIG story about my friends Subaru which I call Suban now Subaru-Nissan = Suban :hug: !Removed!

And because of my firends monney issue and lack of knowledge I just bought it from him.

I already started on it cind off, I just bought this used Megasquirt 1 standalone unit yeasterday

l.jpg

Its premapped for a 2.0 Turbo Renault Megan engine so this will work perfectly for me :crazy:

l.jpg

If you guys dont mind, would you be ****** off if I post more new stuff about

this new Project of mine to this thread? I will offcourse trhow in some Toyotas

in between when they come along :blush:

Enjoy guys, and please post at will, this is becoming like a loner blog page :bag:

I've really enjoyed your thread, very good work, I miss the days when I could take my car to one of my dads many garages, sadly now he is retired (73 years old) and I have to fix my own car in the street :crybaby:

I like some of your ideas and fabrication skills, shame you don't live closer as I would ask you to do an engine swap for my E11 SR :drool:

Keep the tread update please...

Thanks Paul

Great story - such a busy man and glad you got your G6 back in the end.

A quick question - what are these wheels you have? they look like Momo's?

l_4c316a1d24424162a702d5e60e1bb49e.jpg

I've really enjoyed your thread, very good work, I miss the days when I could take my car to one of my dads many garages, sadly now he is retired (73 years old) and I have to fix my own car in the street :crybaby:

I like some of your ideas and fabrication skills, shame you don't live closer as I would ask you to do an engine swap for my E11 SR :drool:

Keep the tread update please...

Thanks Paul

Paul, thanks, about you fixing your car outside is not so bad, you gain more intrest

and get more fast fixing knowledge if you would happen to brake down somewhere on a busy highway :rolleyes: I don´t remember saying this but I did all the 4wd fab work in my G6

out side my dads Carpenter workplace, I did the engine swap inside but It took me 3 months

to weld all the moldings and bolt for the hole rearend and the first propshaft moldings and

exhaust I even worked at it in pooring rain twice welding and messuring laing on my back

in the water :thumbsup: After that I felt like I could do anything anywhere and I cinda have done everything I ever wanted to do to my cars when ever where ever I please.

And Paul, if you pay for a Airplane ticked and foot(Beer) and roof over my head, I would be

more than happy to do that GT4 swap for ya.... just an offer, Ive allways wanted to visit UK :unsure:

Great story - such a busy man and glad you got your G6 back in the end.

A quick question - what are these wheels you have? they look like Momo's?

l_4c316a1d24424162a702d5e60e1bb49e.jpg

Thanks, I am glad, cind off, Im allways thinking about the monney Ive spent at it

and everytime I drive into a hole in the street by accident or nick the bumper into a parkenlot cementblock (dont remeber what it is called) or even just driving it generally

Im constantly thinking (Im driving a 9.000GBP Corolla :help:

About those rims, they are factory 14" Toyota and they came from my first G&

the facelift one from factory

126791662.jpg

Tell me are those MOMO rims exspensive out there?

I resently found 17" MOMO just like my old 14" and was thinking of buying them for my 4wd G6

As for power upgrades in my G6 4wd beast, Im trying to get a hold of new 272 8.4mm lift cams

Will post soon what will happen :lol:

thanks mate. I haven't seen any pre-2000 'rollas with those wheels on before - they must have been an option on the toyota accessories list, or were European specification only?

Are they the same wheel on the G6R as on the green 'rolla? I can't be quite sure?

Re the momo wheels. Like everything they release new versions regularly/each year - why not post a pic up on here so we can see - someone may know?

I'm in love with these Momo wheels but not sure what year they are from?

29877082.jpg

thanks mate. I haven't seen any pre-2000 'rollas with those wheels on before - they must have been an option on the toyota accessories list, or were European specification only?

Are they the same wheel on the G6R as on the green 'rolla? I can't be quite sure?

Re the momo wheels. Like everything they release new versions regularly/each year - why not post a pic up on here so we can see - someone may know?

I'm in love with these Momo wheels but not sure what year they are from?

29877082.jpg

From the time you asked me about those rims and til now Ive seen so many of them on facelifts cars in my country..

So my answer is they only came here under the facelift types.

Here´s the 17" MOMO rims I was telling you about, There still for sale and Im thinking of buying them

295g7kp.jpg

30d9g0k.jpg

Cind of cool set of rims, never seen them befor.

New stuff :group-cuddles:

I bought two more corollas

One repainted black E10

l.jpg

Bought that for spares, Automatic needed the 1300cc engine for the other G6

Dont know for shore what´s wrong with the old G6 engine so for fast work I bought

a new engine and the repainted rolla just happent to come around it :bag:

Also fitted with brand new tires, I call it a bargain

Then I went to the junk yard and found a manual same boddy and pulled all the manual stuff

out of the interrior, and clutch and brake petal, clutch master cylender and fluit lines.

Then the goal is to put my spare 3sfe 2000cc manual Carina engine into it :drunk:

Im already started on it so I will post pictures of the progress and when its done

All this efford is to make me a hell of a good daily so I can work on my Black panda with no trouble.

And then I bought one Apex Colored Touring 4wd AE95 with welded rear diff

The AE95 befor welded diff

Video is Old, my buddie had it more then a year ago

Dont know what to make off it, Its olny got a block without head in it

Was thinking of making it a Rwd drift machine and strip the interrior.

Will post pictures of it as it is now sitting on cool 14" rims waiting for my coilover suspension to go under

Enjoy so far..

• 3 weeks later...

Last two wheeks have been almoast to much for me...

But befor I tell you about that, heres some pictures of the

ae95 wagon but these are not the cool rims I told you about

I threw those white rims under it becouse the other rims where

sitting on flat tires that woulden hold air for more then a day.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Dont mind the ugly bonet, I have a extra one much better looking in the garage

l.jpg

So here we have the other G6 that I got from my bud the shef, I pulled out the engine

and hooked it up to the lift so I could take everything off it and put on the new engine

that I put instead, the one from the Black E10 automatic...

l.jpg

This has been the biggest of all troubles in my engine swapping time, The G6 engine has a knock sensor

and hall detector sensor but the old one only had a dissy and I had a hard time swapping sensors and

the following equpment over to the older type engine...

l.jpg

Timing belt wheel located on the crank shaft, older version engine

didnt have those extra teeths in the back for the hall detector sensor

and the wheel on the left was in the factory G6 engine and dindt come off

easly, then I bought a new one for the older tipe engine.

l.jpg

And theres the stuff I had to get behind the wheel to bolt onto

the older version engine for the hall detector sensor to work as it should.

l.jpg

Everything still out side :rolleyes:

l.jpg

Now that G6 is done, finaly, Now Im starting on the E10 body, trying to figure out whats best

and cheapest option to go 4age or 3sfe engine, I resently bought two 4age engines with everyting

just pulled it out of a GTi befor it went to the crusher :crybaby: they where rusty.....

More pictures coming soon, have to pick up the Subaru any day now and start on that.

Enjoy

Why have you sent another GTi to the crusher?.....

Ohh.. Hi Jones :blush: Remeber the blue GTi 3door I post fewe pictures of

My bud had it and was fixing it for inspection but sold it to another friend

he tried to get it through inspectiong but got "banned to drive" ticked out

of rust :boxed: So he ribbed the car to peaces and trated me all of it for

the RWD ae86 gearbox and 4age RWD intake manifold and waterrunners...

The secont GTi was a 5door liftback black one, I resently was offered to buy

it for not that much monney, but I refused cous I had enough of cars already

couple of months later after he had tried to fix the car he must had felt

spending monney to this car was not cool and would just loos´em so he sent it

to the crusher :huh: another bud of mine works at the bonejard and he gave me

a call and I went there and picked up the engine and transmission from it

and the doorpanels and some of the interrior befor he crused it. It was not

rusted, And just that when it goes to the crusher the licens are whiped out from stock

and they are not alowed to sell the body to no one!! its a shame, If I had know he

would throw it away, I had bought if from him for trowingawayfees :angry:

Cind of made up my mind about the E10, going 4age in it....

Already got two engines that are OK why not use´em ;)

urgh shame :( lol do you have any GTi sun visors though mate? I'm in need of a couple bits and pieces :D :thumbsup:

Keep it all going dude, you always seem to have something cool going on!

KP

urgh shame :( lol do you have any GTi sun visors though mate? I'm in need of a couple bits and pieces :D :thumbsup:

Keep it all going dude, you always seem to have something cool going on!

KP

Sorry I dont have it Dr.Jones....You need anything else?

Man your GTi is getting cooler every day :thumbsup:

Some times Im lucky some times Im so not lucky and end up spending two wheeks

fixing an engine that should had taken one day getting it in and fired up... <_<

So to day I think I got lucky..

I had nothing to do between classes in my shcool so I drove to a place down town

that has tonns of Auto sales, filled with cars for sale all over the place.

And I nailed this one wich is highly rated in my country for it purpose of

easy offroad cheap to fix and spends same amount of gas as my 4wd G6 does :!Removed!:

l.jpg

Its a Disel Hilux double cab, I got if for really cheap

I coulden belive that the guy sayd yes to my offer! :toast:

l.jpg

These type of Toyotas go quickly if they ever go on sale that is

l.jpg

I´ve been searching for one for a long time and gave up hope a long time ago...

l.jpg

It dosent look spanking new but it drives superbe :wub:

l.jpg

l.jpg

This was mind blowing :lol: Stock engine!! beside new

sparkplugs, wires, oil and filter changes every now and then :yes:

l.jpg

Ive been meaning to post a video for you guys about my country,

It will maybe explane why I need a truck every now and then :D

My 4wd G6 has never left town so I needed a truck bad!!

There are mountains everywhere I look :huh:

Enjoy fellas have a assom Toyota day :bye:

Iceland is a top place, one of my favourite places I have ever visited, I am planning on going over there again next year for a week in the summer

What an awesome video!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links