Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My G6 Corolla 4X4 - My Rwd 7age corolla - Page 12

sonur

Another great update, liking your work a lot.. :thumbsup:

What will you do with the Scoob once it is done ?

Thanks for the comment and the interest :rolleyes:

I actually havent thought that far ahead what I was going to use it for, but when I get it working

the first time I probably will drive it hehe.. Just kidding, I was thinking of just use it as a regular

car for couple of months becouse Im about to sell all my cars exept the G6, camry, legacy and this scooby

and I want to make time for the G6, I want to get it rolling as fast as I can becouse I miss it :crybaby:

Mainly I was going to use the Scooby on the track only befor I sold the Blacktop from G6 but people are telling me that the rear diff will just brake the secont I give it some gas, so I have to upgrate the rear drivetrain to something bigger and I was planing to buy a 240sx rear diff and axels mainly beacouse they are cheap and easy to find also Its cheap to buy a LSD for them... THEN I will only use it for the track

I love following this Thread, you always have something going on keeping you busy! :thumbsup:

KP

Thanks KP always a pleasure to read your respond same as Paul, active responsers :lol:

NEW TICK!

I finished the boot for the gearlever (dont remeber what you call it) so now no sand, dust or water is going to come up there and I also add a 20mm sound proof foam looking carpet thingee..

l.jpg

Finished the radiator connectors and connected the hoses

l.jpg

Looking sweet

l.jpg

And the one below

l.jpg

Took the hedders off, going to finish welding it in school tomorrow, love saying the word "finish" :D

l.jpg

Bought a cheap blueish Blow off valve

l.jpg

Then took the intercooler pipes to a friend whose going to weld them for me and add the blow off fitting

More to come of that matter

But Im also into bikes, have had dosent of them almoast hit a car ones doing 200km/h then took a brake from them..

But I often buy them to fix and sell and lately I have been looking into them again so I bought couple

This Suzuki RM 125cc offroad 1980

l.jpg

And this Suzuki RMX 250cc Enduro street/offroad 1995

l.jpg

It had no engine so im going to use the 125cc 1980 engine and get it licensed so I can use it on the street to work or to school, love driving solo and feeling the wind trying to get you off the bike B)

Then off to camry, took some sunny picture of him

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Now I need that rust gone, looks like it has been eaten abit :D

Enjoy fellas and grills

So maybe some of you have been thinking what happent to the black E10 that I bought for spares...

At first I was going to make it 3sfe daily, when I started on it I found out that the fueltank was

hanging onto the body by 3 maybe 4mm of metal the rest was RUST!!! so this is what I did to it sadly

l.jpg

Been selling stuff from it for more then twice its value so I think I did a smart move this time

Then sold my jealous G6 buddy the winter tires and rims that sat under my G6, sad to see it like this :unsure:

l.jpg

God I have to finish that garage befor the snow

l.jpg

I have been shearching my butt off for that 3.0l camry engine and sadly I don´t think I will find one that

I can afford Im so cheap becous the BT was so exspensive to rebuild that I don´t want to spend so much

monney into an engine again.. Im leaning to one of my good old 4age 16valve engine and turbocharge it with

all the stuff I already have, nothing big just 7-8psi of boost just to make it kick alittle :euro:

Then I sold the 17" speedline replica under the suban

l.jpg

Going to use the monney to fix the other 17" that I have

Then picked up the lengthened intercooler pipes

l.jpg

One for blow off valve

l.jpg

And one for the idle air controle valve

l.jpg

This goes to turbo

l.jpg

Enjoy more to come, I´ve been really busy in the car, trying to find the

right subaru ECU wiring diagram to finish the wiring so I can start the sucker :horse:

Ah a sorry state for those 'rolla's :( But it happens and you'll do something exciting with them I'm sure! :thumbsup:

A turbo 4A-GE would be nice... something I think it's about time I looked at doing myself. :D

KP

All good stuff going on, I wish I had somewhere to work on my car, I would love to have a mess with it :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

This is a big thing and I wanted to tell somebody about it :rolleyes:

I finally found the ECU wiring diagram pinouts I spent the last two months trying to find

So NOW I can mark the right wires and move them into the SR ECU wiring and start the car!

The things left to do in the enginebay to start is bolt all the stuff togeather again after

paint and drain the old oil and put new in and check the fuel if It has any octane to burn.

That will hopefully happen this next week or this wheekend... ;)

But in other notes.. I tradet my Renault mobile house for a more winter based car :yes:

l.jpg

It´s a Jeep Cherokee lifted for 38" tires, It´s a Diesel 2.5l manual and it has a broken rear diff

l.jpg

I just noticed when I took those pictures from my apartment windows that theres a showel on the roof :D

Im super exited to fix it so I can drive it and I cant wait for the winter to come now.

I also have to get started on an engine for the G6, I dont want it to rust by the sea :o

Enjoy buds

That Jeep is a monster, but you did get a free shovel with it, so it can't be bad..

What plans do you have for the G6 then ?

The shovel is what makes the deal! :lol:

Let us know what you do with the G6 mate as I want it back on the road! :P :thumbsup:

KP

loving the g6!!! need more updates on this ;)

i would be looking to do a similar conversion with my facelift sr and have a couple of questions;

what shape car do i get the rear transmission from? im guessing i need the whole set up, so the diff, drive shafts, cradle, hubs, shocks, anti roll bar, handbrake cables and lower wishbones? anything else required? i notice from your pic's that the rear set up are drums, is there a disc option?

ive also seen on fensports web site that they can modify the corolla rear diff cradle to accept the celica gt4 all-track rear diff. does anyone have any information on this? will the 4wd corolla shafts fit the celica diff, and if not will the celica shafts fit into the corolla hubs?

the idea atm is to get a 3sgte engine to fit the little corolla but i dont want it fwd as ive been there, done that with powerful fwd cars and want to go down a different route with this one :)

That Jeep is a monster, but you did get a free shovel with it, so it can't be bad..

What plans do you have for the G6 then ?

Plan A

I have atleast two 4age 16v engines that I can begin with just by trhowing one in the car for a start

and see if that lasts stock as a turbo, then in the meantime I could prepp the secont one for turbo.

I have the third 4age already prepped up and ready but it has the Rwd AE86 equipment bolted to it becouse

I was going to buy a 1987 Tercel wagon this summer and put it in instead of buying an MR2 like I was thinking of doing this summer.

That´s where I am at now at the moment but If Im going to use the 4age 16v I need a ae95 engine block for the 4wd diff.

The shovel is what makes the deal! :lol:

Let us know what you do with the G6 mate as I want it back on the road! :P :thumbsup:

KP

Will do, and thank you guys for posting :yes:

loving the g6!!! need more updates on this ;)

i would be looking to do a similar conversion with my facelift sr and have a couple of questions;

what shape car do i get the rear transmission from? im guessing i need the whole set up, so the diff, drive shafts, cradle, hubs, shocks, anti roll bar, handbrake cables and lower wishbones? anything else required? i notice from your pic's that the rear set up are drums, is there a disc option?

ive also seen on fensports web site that they can modify the corolla rear diff cradle to accept the celica gt4 all-track rear diff. does anyone have any information on this? will the 4wd corolla shafts fit the celica diff, and if not will the celica shafts fit into the corolla hubs?

the idea atm is to get a 3sgte engine to fit the little corolla but i dont want it fwd as ive been there, done that with powerful fwd cars and want to go down a different route with this one :)

When I first began the rechearch for a 4wd drivetrain I was going to use a 3sfe engine and gearbox from

a rav4 1994 and the rear diff all to copy the drivetrain from a GT4, but I needed a rear cage to bolt into

the rear body to hold that rav4 diff and it would almoast fit the factory bolts, you had to move holes in

the cage for the front bolts to fit (the bolts closer to the driveshaft) but I never got that far with that

option so I never looked into the rear axle lengths or if the driveshaft fits either rolla diff and vise versa...

I went a different route and cheaper and found a wagon with 4wd same front end as mine and took everthing

4wd related in the drivetrain (exept the gearbox and handbrake caples) you have to drill into the 4wd brakedrumtustplate

for the stock G6 handbrake caples to fit other stuff will fit bolt in E9, E10 and E11 corollas...

You can use the drivetrain from E10 wagon and E11 bugeye and E11 facelift...

In the rear brake disc stuff I was thinking of inport a nissan sunny GTR rear disk brakes and bolt that in

that was the cheapest way, I also thought of going 5lug with disks all around but found noone with

4wd in my country or anywhere, but then I bought my Camry and it has discbrake around :o

I have a bud that ownes a E10 GSI rolla that he made 4wd and he had someone fab up the rear 4wd drumbrakes

to fit his stock GSI dampers so he could go full Adjustable Coilover suspension becouse he coulden find kit to fit a 4wd wagon..

so I think you could have some one fab up you drumbrakes to accept disk brakes.

Good luck with your project :thumbsup:

ok mate thats great info :thumbsup:

i may see if i can get a cheep GT4 rear end from a car being broken for spares to see what lines up etc. the 4wd corolla stuff is non excistant here in the uk. as far as i can tell, it was never sold here hense the lack of parts :angry: im guessing that it wouldnt cope well with turbo power anyway as id be aiming for 300bhp/300ft of torque.

I've been looking at the pros and cons of having a 3S-GTE engine put in mine. It won't be till next year though.

I really like some of your engineering ideas, shame you don't live on the same street as me :thumbsup:

I've been looking at the pros and cons of having a 3S-GTE engine put in mine. It won't be till next year though.

I really like some of your engineering ideas, shame you don't live on the same street as me :thumbsup:

It´s always a pro having a turbo :lol:

I just realiced that it´s been a year since my first post :rolleyes:

time sure has flys bzzzzz when your doing stuff...

So new tick tack

FMIC sanded and painted and frontbumper cut to fit the cooler and pipes

l.jpg

Intercooler pipes painted also and fitted

l.jpg

Cleaned the turbo and painted the wastegate again

l.jpg

l.jpg

Mate another adapter for the turbo, this is for the oil in and out..

l.jpg

Took the broken springs out, gonna buy new ones tomorrow

l.jpg

l.jpg

Put the 16" DTM rims under, looks nice

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

And I did a bunch more put it wasn't picture worthy,

moved the swaybar alittle,

fitted a new front axel nut and shim,

messured the exhaust lenth for that muffler to come between

and something I dont remember, I spent 8hours up there did a bunch almoast done with the basic to start it :lol:

Enjoy...

great build thread nice to see after all the hard work you finally reunited with it looking forward to seeing more :)

• Like 1

Thanks again for the read, lots of updates, how is your garage coming along ?

Funny that you mentioned the garage this day, there was cind off hurricane weather and the roof almoast flew off :thumbsup: had to runn all over the place to collect the wood that had flown off the roof....

OM NOM NOM - I want those wheels! Very nice :D What was the engine that you swapped into it again?

KP

Nice rims hehe, the engine is sr20det from a s14 nissan silvia, the engines name is Blacktop :D

great build thread nice to see after all the hard work you finally reunited with it looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for the comment...

Just finished the electic and tryed to start but nothing happent, probably out of Battery becouse the starter just "tigg tigg" -ed...

Update soon :ffs:

Shame your roof blew away, sounds a nightmare..

Still you have a nice car colection to play with, so it can't be to bad :thumbsup:

Hi i would just like to say this is amazing :o

i would love this car so much (the g6)

i am 15 and i hope to be a mechanic but currently know very

little about cars

this post immensely helped me, i learned so much . thanks

btw how did you learn so much

and this may sound stupid but what about putting a celica beams redtop engine in the g6, i know it probably wouldnt work

but it was just an idea

• 2 weeks later...

Shame your roof blew away, sounds a nightmare..

Still you have a nice car colection to play with, so it can't be to bad :thumbsup:

Yea and the car colection just got better :thumbsup:

Hi i would just like to say this is amazing :o

i would love this car so much (the g6)

i am 15 and i hope to be a mechanic but currently know very

little about cars

this post immensely helped me, i learned so much . thanks

btw how did you learn so much

and this may sound stupid but what about putting a Celica beams Redtop engine in the g6, i know it probably wouldn't work

but it was just an idea

Thanks for the comment.

The main reason why I know so much about cars and engines, is because I started young, my first car

was a Mazda 323F and I was 14years old, so every year I bought and sold one car until I was 17

got my license, then I owned 2-3 cars every month, and now I own 4-5-6 cars every month :help:

I know about the beams motors, they just don´t come cheap but they fit if I buy a rav4 manual 4x4 transmission.

More suban stuff, but no pictures of it.

It´s been hell, Ive been trying to get the suban to work right, I got it running couple days ago

but somehow the Nismo ECU does not fire up the injectors or the fuelpump, I had to connect them

straight to the Battery to get them working and to fire up the car to see what else was failing or wrong

connected, so far those two fauls are the only trouble I have so I bought new relays and ignition buttons

to cennect straight from Battery to the ECU so nothing would corrupt the power to ECU.

Going to look something like this when done..

l.jpg

Then I drove the Big Jeep up to my dads garage and fixed the rear differential

and the powersteering got fixed so its done, but I forgot to picture all of it....

Then in the week I shipped the black rolla to the boneyard

l.jpg

l.jpg

Alot of stuff still on it, but I needed the space it was in and I dont have room for more parts ;)

l.jpg

l.jpg

Then I made a assom trade today..

Rented a stupid high dolly, and drove the camry ontop of it

l.jpg

Had to drive ontop of some wood to get it on there

l.jpg

Then drove couple of miles out town to pick up this new beasty :spiteful:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

It´s a Mercedes Benz if you didn´t know :laughing: and it´s a 2300cc with a supercharger

manual transmission with a limited slip differential (LSD) and 17" 2003 C class rims :lol:

Theres a reason why the kid who owned it wanted to trade me, last night he was drifting on

a open road and was driving to fast and lost the car and hit a curb and bent one of the rear

wish bones, I´ve already bought the parts for it, going to fix it when I get time to,

This is going to be a fun car next summer :D

Hope to finish the suban befor winter because Ive been getting alot of

calls and peoble offering me all cinds of cool trades, but I want to drive

it and see what it does first :hammer:

Enjoy

cool thanks im lookin to buy my first car now bu people say im stupid because i cant drive legally yet bu i really want to start

rallying and become a mechanic so i would like to start young.

luckily for me corollas are very cheap and theere is plenty of them in my country so i hope to get a corolla soon

keep up the good post and nice merc

Thats a nice Merc, and will add to your nice collection of cars :thumbsup:

I've had a lot of rwd cars and do miss them, but I love my E11 too much at the moment.

Like the trailer as well, very high lol

Thanks for the comments buds :thumbsup:

hey eire_man if its not to much trouble could you edit your last post and delete the quote so

your post dosent go so long and doubleing all my previous picture post :unsure:

that would be grate :lol:

as for that G6 corolla, it looks nice I would recomend have someone drive it for ya to see what its like

befor you buy it, woulden be bad if your driver knew something about transmissions and engines :rolleyes:

Just a glimps of what I bought this last friday

l.jpg

It´s a Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L High Output 193hp version

A friend of mine was listing it for sale online for spares so I gave him a call, gave him a offer

low enough so I knew he would race it up alitle and we ended it same as throwing away fees about

70pounds, thats nothing for one of the gradest offroad trucks you can get, Ive owned about 10 of these

jeeps and no one has ever broken down on me, but I bought them all broken down in some way and fixed them.

So heres to number 10 (I think), had no powersteering, main belt, radiatorcab, radiatorhose, oil, water,

transmission fluid, and had been sitting since 2008 :lol: , went to the bone yard and got all the

parts for free (they dont charge for parts that where out) exept the radiatorcab and hose. I even drained

the transmissionfluid, motoroil and radiatorfluid out of two of them down there and put it in my jeep

started it for the first time and drove it home :toast: total cost: 84pounds had to put 1L of new fule into it

l.jpg

l.jpg

I have no idea what to do with it, but Its drivable.

Then when I got that Jeep home I started fixing the Big one

l.jpg

Changed to smaller drivable tires 35"

l.jpg

And as past statement (older post) fixed the powersteering lines and Battery relocation (turned it 180) goin to put

it in the trunk when I find cheap but good cables that can hold a stable voltage to the headed sparkplugs (diesel)

And took out the licens plate so I could get my ***** to school...

Then took new pictures of the suban (today), me and dad pulled it to my house because I left

the Merc at his house so I could lift it up and change those bent rear wishbones :yes:

Ive been staring at this picture for hours, It looks so hot from this view :jawdrop:

l.jpg

And other less cool pics

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Nothing has changed since last engine bay picture

l.jpg

l.jpg

Exept I went for my previous BIG return hose idea (just when I started it going to change the route later)

l.jpg

Then comes the first posted electric harness pictures, have been posponing that so I woulden kill you guys out of boreingness :hang:

l.jpg

Followed by a close up

l.jpg

Then out zoomed quickly befor anything else would happen to you

l.jpg

So far I found my old cable with fusebox attached from my G6 when I had two amplifiers

and I bought new relay for ignition (stadet in older post) and BIG starter relay of somesort for

12v direct powerline to ECU that goes first through a turn- or push botton for ON and OFF feature

Dont know when I have time to connect any of that to the suban :dontgetit:

But Enjoy buds and dont drink and drive!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links