Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

I'm not sure if i've understood correctly, the discharge pipe from the supercharger will go across the inlet manifold and down underneath the passenger headlight to the intercooler.

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to get the pipe through the driver side of the car, the washer bottle gets in the way and unless I find a washer bottle that is half the size.

I might be forced into getting the outlets on one side.

Ah gotya, i think i must of had the diagram the wrong way round - didnt realise that was the discharge end by the inlet manifold. I thought that was the inlet end and the outlet end was the one facing down, which I would have thought would have gone into the intercooler to be cooled before going through the throttle body on the passenger side!

Strange though, the majority of videos on youtube seem to have the air filters attached to the impellor side :wacko:

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

Nope you are right, the larger pipe is the inlet, the one that comes out and is facing down in the photos is the discharge.

One of the issues with the rotrex is it has to be kept within +/- 15 degrees of the horizontal because there is an oil scavenger pump that will otherwise run dry. To meet that criteria, I have to have the discharge coming upwards. At that point, I could either send it towards the washer bottle or towards the Battery. If I go towards the washer bottle, all of the belts and air con bits will screw me over, so I'm heading over towards the Battery. This isn't ideal but I suppose I have no choice really.

I swear that se7en motorsport have the.discharge facing straight down with there kits.

Can you not rotate the charger housing at all?

Yep you're right they do have the discharge pointing down. To do that I would have to move the charger further away from the engine. In a celica this is possible, in a corolla it isn't, the radiator is in the way.

I'm going to have a go at removing the secondary air injection, that way I can at least run bigger bore pipe. I just need to trick the ECU into thinking its still there.

Incidentally, I have e-mailed lee at se7en motorsports. He hasn't replied yet but I await his response. I want some parts and an engine tune! LOL

Its hard. Tbh your best bet would be running an apexi pfc and delete the beed for the secondary air injection pap. Lol. Better tuni.f ob thw pfc aswell.

todays update

2011_0130_144820.JPG

As you can see the piping is starting to go in. its getting so tight in there. I've purchased myself an idler pulley so I can run without the supercharger if needed. Things to do are sort out the fuel system and order up a few alternator brackets.

Wow ive just read this whole thread, very interesting read. :thumbsup:

Looks like you have matters under control. Keep the updates coming :thumbsup:

under control! haha I hope so.

So I need a couple of things yet, one is an intercooler, looking at the lack of space versus the pressure drop, side intercooler is the one!

Next is blow off valve, which sort do I get? I'd prefer not to have a loud whoosh.

I'm dumping to atmosphere. The MAF sensor will be right near the throttle body and I'm going to have the BOV somewhere near the floor of the car.

Brilliant sound aswell. Had one on my punto. Is it genuine? Because theres replicas that go around that have a weaker diagphram in them and cant hold boost as well.

balls, how do you know its genuine, I bought it on eBay from a seller I bought the aem off. Admittedly he is in latvia but the valve has the holograms on it.

This project is brilliant! I take my hat off to you Nrgizerbunny, it's a serious piece of work you're getting yourself into, and you seem to have it all under control...for the time being at least :lol:

In addition to my T Sport I also have a Fiat Coupe 20v turbo, the equivalent Fiat Coupe forums are full of people doing huge power projects - although the vast majority of them involve just bolting on bigger turbos/intercoolers/exhausts etc, they don't involve the sort of original design and fabrication work you're getting in.

Bravo! :thumbsup:

Gareth

Looks pretty cool :)

So does the blow off value do the same job as the bypass value when your at idle so that the compressed air isnt slamming in to the closed throttle body? :thumbsup:

Not that the compressed air would amount to much at idle, i presume the Maf might want to add more fuel though - which might be interesting for fuel economy.

OKay the blow off valve is here, as far as I can tell it looks legit. the packaging is too good to be fake but being the curious git that I am, I'm going to take it apart to have a look at it.

the need for the bov comes from when caning the car, if you cane it and lets say get to 8000RPM then lift the throttle, the valve will be shut and you will be compressing air against a shut valve. You'll generate a whole load of boost and cause backpressure which will trash the bearings in the supercharger.

My setup is like this:

Air enters air filter

Through Supercharger

Through intercooler

Through Blow off Valve

Through MAF sensor

Through throttle valve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links