Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Zz-Ge Turbo Build Thread

scott5

Cool man. I can see how youd afford it. You must not have any money for living lol. Ive been through my apprenticeship. But fair play. You know what you want.

lol yeah not much money left over after wadges come in lol :thumbsup:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott5

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Clawliger

• nrgizerbunny

out of interest how much bhp will the car produce after all this is done and tuned etc? 250?

alot higher then 250 mate theres alot of work getting done to the engine and 1.8 bar of boost should be near enough 500bhp

I give you props for the work no doubt about it. This project could turn into a nice little investment aswell. Turbo Conversions for the 2zz-ge in the UK.....have a little think about it :thumbsup:

Demo Car!

I give you props for the work no doubt about it. This project could turn into a nice little investment aswell. Turbo Conversions for the 2zz-ge in the UK.....have a little think about it :thumbsup:

Demo Car!

hmmm never really thought of that :thumbsup: demo car that be awsum. anyone interested in a turbo conversion lol ??.

out of interest how much bhp will the car produce after all this is done and tuned etc? 250?

alot higher then 250 mate theres alot of work getting done to the engine and 1.8 bar of boost should be near enough 500bhp

Wow wasn't expecting that figure! Will the drivetrain be able to handle all that or are you upgrading that too?

I think I saw a 600bhp rolla by fensport on YouTube once

Yes that is correct altho it dose have a 3sgte frm a celica and is 4wd.

And yeah am upgrading the gear box u get a kit from MWR to fit a mr2 gear box to the 2zz. And they hold crazy power standerd

If upgrading the fuel pump do you have to put a return line in?

Yes as clawliger says you get a fuel rail frm MWR with a fuel pressure regulator and return line to the tank looks amazing:-D check the pics

Yea they had it on 5th gear, but the gearbox shattered on the day sadly so your concerns about the gearbox are valid!.

Yea they had it on 5th gear, but the gearbox shattered on the day sadly so your concerns about the gearbox are valid!.

yeah it did reck part of the gear boxx but that corolla is stupidly fast thats got more that 600 on race fuel which it was prob running that run my car will be fast and pushing alot of bhp but not that much unless i change it to 4wd then make it faster which i may do but not til i have the car built and have alot of fun in it

• 2 months later...

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00617.jpgDSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

thought id update this again some more pics of the car after a good wash lol and the bottom end is stripped away to the enginnering shop getting work done and new pistons and rods coming soon aswell. not to far away from having it in the blue rolla :D

It looks amazing mate! And on top of that... it's blue !!!! :drool:

The white rims look magnificent in combination with the dark blue of the car... Maybe I will start thinking about it... :rolleyes:

Hi..

Sorry it's abit off topic but I didn't want to start a while new thread regarding it. Some people used to buy supercharger Oil from eBay, from a user name "amyk422". I just got an email saying they have setup a new site with everything they sell, and adding more things slowly. They've got good stuff on there too.

the site is:

www.kwikphyx.com

It looks amazing mate! And on top of that... it's blue !!!! :drool:

The white rims look magnificent in combination with the dark blue of the car... Maybe I will start thinking about it... :rolleyes:

lol yeah the white rotas make it look amazing just need to get everything painted and engine built up and see how fast it is lol cant wait should be in the car and runnig for near end of the year still alot of money needed lol

scott

So what ya running in there atm then?

You got a donor engine or?

yup bought a t-sport for £2.200 last year in july taken then engine from it buildin it all up the subframes and rear axle wishbones are gettin powder coated and have new polly bushs for wishbones and rear axle to fit. the fuel tank take from it am in the middle of making the fuel system for it with 2 fuel pumps and a swirle popt for it as i have the MWR fuel rail with the return line wich u need to drill into the tank so its easier and neater to do it with the tank out . it came with B>C coilovers that were on it for bout a month before i bought it so there like brand new.away to buy braided brake lines and looking at big brake kis aswell. when the engines done all i need to do is swap it all over as it will all be done. just need the blue rolla painted once engine and everything in :D. not as easy as it sounds no lol but saves time.

scott

only seen this thread now, fair play

iam confused though.....what engine is getting worked on and what car is the engine finally going into ?

do you still have the grey rolla ?

only seen this thread now, fair play

iam confused though.....what engine is getting worked on and what car is the engine finally going into ?

do you still have the grey rolla ?

[/quo

lol ok . iv got a black 1.8 vvtli t-sport and a blue T3 toyota corolla 1.4 vvti. the engine is coming out of the black t-sport getting all the work done to it then its goin into the blue corolla. and the 1.4 from the blue corolla is goin into the black corolla.

sorry didnt really make it clear at the start

scott

• 2 weeks later...

well thats my engine away to the engineering company to get....

port and polished

port matched

valve guides all checked

head skimmed

block resurfaced

bores honed

pistons fitted to the rods

pistons ,rods ,crankshafts ,flywheel and clutch all lightend and balanced (Knifedged crankshaft)

crankshaft heat treated

not to far away still need uprated bottom end bearings and oil pump and gaskets but apart from that the engine is almost ready to be built :yahoo: then once that done onto buying a turbo. making a manifold and downpipe and exhaust. and then the standalone ecu :yahoo: cant wait

port and polished

port matched

valve guides all checked

head skimmed

block resurfaced

bores honed

pistons ,rods ,crankshafts ,flywheel and clutch all lightend and balanced (Knifedged crankshaft)

crankshaft heat treated

not to far away still need uprated bottom end bearings and oil pump and gaskets but apart from that the engine is almost ready to be built :yahoo: then once that done onto buying a turbo. making a manifold and downpipe and exhaust. and then the standalone ecu :yahoo: cant wait

looking foward to seeing it all done mate, when do you hoping to get it done by?

port and polished

port matched

valve guides all checked

head skimmed

block resurfaced

bores honed

crankshaft heat treated

looking foward to seeing it all done mate, when do you hoping to get it done by?

hoping to have it in and runnig for end of the year mate still got bout £4000 to spend on it to all be done the turbo itself is bout £900 lol but yeah and of the year should be runnig :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links