Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T Sport

mr-p

just a few bits i have planned for the rolla over the next couple of weeks

oil capgaitor

front discs

wheel nuts

hose cover kit

Domokun

getting a sub cover like this but with corolla t sport on it or a pic of my rolla?

sub grill

also going to get some chrome bulbs for the front indicators and side repeaters, some f/l springs, red caliper paint, some carbon wrap for some interior bits, a new bonnet and front bumper re sprayed :yahoo: and some kicker components for the front

still looking for a few bits to just cant decide on what

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr-p

• LOZZA_T_SPORT

• wangtastic

• corollat3sport

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please excuse my ignorance, but why is there so much emphasis on Cold Air Feed, only reason I ask is because I had this debate on facebook this morning, and what problems do cone filters cause.

Thanks chaps

the cold air feed is there to supply the filter with as much cool air as you can give it, just helps it work more efficiently. as for problems there is pro's and con's for all types of filter, the main ones are MAF sensors with oiled filters like k & n, slight chance of hydrostatic lock with enclosed and open induction kits but it is minimal, sometimes they can make a car run slightly lean or with the t sport just about everything you do upsets it unless you keep all the piping oe size or buy an ecu :crybaby: whether they add performance is up for debate especially if you have no other mods done but they sound great and look good :thumbsup:

this is the debate I have had about CAF today,,

Nick Kee Induction kit looks bang tidy in that bay!!! Lol. Does it get the cold air feed from the bottom of the box?? If not ya need a nice cold air ram pipe in there mate!

16 hours ago · Like

Oli 'Chunk' Horwood Yeah mate there's a little pipe that comes from bottom right of the box into it. Comes from just behind passenger side headlight

15 hours ago

Phil Horwood IMHO there is too much emphasis on cold air feed, the only time the engine draws in any hot is is when you are sitting in traffic and that is the only time you cant use performance anyway.

10 hours ago · Like

Phil Horwood once the car starts to go forward the ram air effect from the forward movement will instantly change the air under the bonnet to ambient temperature, that works in exactly the same way as ram air effect thro your radiator, your cooling fans never ever work once speed is above 5-10mph., so on that basis I firmly believe a cold air intake is an urban myth that folk seem to follow. I have done some observations using scan gauge measuring air intake temp on my lexus with no CAF, yes i traffic the temp rise but the moment you start moving it cools down again to with-in 2 deg of ambient temp. that same scenario would happen with a CAF because in traffic there is no forced air into the CAF just under bonnet heated air

10 hours ago · Like

Phil Horwood On to physics now and airflow. the engine under tray if correctly designed should not fit flush and parallel, it should be formed with a slight convex shape, the reason being is as you drive thro the air a positive air pressure will form below the under tray just like a airplane wing, this will create a negative pressure in the engine bay, now with physics-when you have a negative pressure this will be drawn away by the vacuum (sucked) as some people call it created by the faster flowing pos pressure. So now all that hot under bonnet temp will be sucked out the moment you start to cut thro the air in front of the car, hence no need for CAF

10 hours ago · Like

Phil Horwood Not having a go at you nick, just that everyone says the same about CAF.

9 hours ago · Like

Phil Horwood yes but the air temp from the ram pipe where ever it is fitted and once moving will be within 1 deg of ambient air passing thro the opening of the grille etc, a ram pipe can not physically lower the ambient air temp,

yeah what he says is spot on but it never hurts to have as much cold air as possible going directly to the filter itself just look at most high performance cars and race cars most will have a ram air sealed system so as little as possible heat transfer is passed on to the induction system to get maximum performance, yeah as you move forwards air will rush trough the engine bay and be sucked out again but this air has passed over the engine through the rad etc etc so its not as cold as it could be, to be honest i dont really believe that an induction kit will give you much more than noise unless you have other mods to support the need for increased air flow, its more of what you like get it and do it :thumbsup:

Phil Horwod is me, I had the debate this morning when someone suggested a CAF, but in my opinion not really ness, WHAT is more important would be to put some heat resistant wrap around your induction pipe to stop latent heat being absorbed into the incoming filtered air.

I do totally agree with you that an induction pipe will not gain any BHP increase, I had one fitted on my Lex 300 and K&N claimed a 10bhp increase, I had it dyno'd before and after and gave NO incresae at all, marginal increase in midrange torque tho. and this I have noticed in my "T" since i fitted my home fabricated K&N, On a hill where I live I have noticed a distinct improvement in engine flexibility.

:help: lol should really look at names! yep totally agree with you , the heat wrap is a a good idea but then its just adding more weight will will just outweigh gains if any. i think that unless you running serious mods like cams,standalone ecu, 4-2-1 decat, ported, polished and head work then there is no real need for an induction kit. it just looks better than the horrible plastic jobby and sounds better to. i agree with you to on the tourque and how the engine performs it is smoother and more drivable and because of the higher quality denser air ve will be improved slightly so it will get a slightly better bang. its why i dont buy uber expensive induction kits because there just not worth it IMO

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick pic, got a few bits today :yahoo:

27052011181.jpg

hopefully ill get round to geting these on tomorrow

029.jpg

just waiting for my springs and trd gearknob now :yahoo:

just a quick pic, got a few bits today :yahoo:

27052011181.jpg

hopefully ill get round to geting these on tomorrow

029.jpg

just waiting for my springs and trd gearknob now :yahoo:

Which gear knob have you gone for mate ?

my trd gear knob arrived today :yahoo: along with the new gaitor.

28052011185.jpg

Nice gear knob mate, I've got the same, you get it off eBay??

my trd gear knob arrived today :yahoo: along with the new gaitor.

28052011185.jpg

Nice gear knob mate, I've got the same, you get it off eBay??

:thumbsup: yeah mate eBay bargain fits and feels great

just an update on some bits ive managed to get done

got my discs on after much :ffs: :censor:, one of the slider pins had never been greased so was seized solid had to heat it up to get it out!

0046.jpg

0054.jpg

fitted and started painting the calipers

0072.jpg

should be getting my springs delivered tomorrow so heres some before pics :thumbsup:

0092.jpg

0084.jpg

011-1.jpg

Does it not annoy you that the gaitor doesnt meet the bottom of the knob, that would drive me bonkers

Does it not annoy you that the gaitor doesnt meet the bottom of the knob, that would drive me bonkers

was just a quick pic its all on properly now :thumbsup: i just put some tape and a cable tie on the inside of the gaitor to hold it up

Cool, if you get chance i'd appreciate a pic from a fair distance IE not too close like the current pic

Thanks

Cool, if you get chance i'd appreciate a pic from a fair distance IE not too close like the current pic

Thanks

hello041.jpg

hello040.jpg

hello042.jpg

hope there ok :thumbsup: excuse the mess lol

Loving the car mate, bonnet looks epic, and like the amp/sub spraying :)

You should spray your front lip red I reckon, would look lush!

Loving the car mate, bonnet looks epic, and like the amp/sub spraying :)

You should spray your front lip red I reckon, would look lush!

:thumbsup: cheers mate. definitely spraying the lip just got to get some paint, got so much to do :ffs: may start the sound system at the weekend aswell

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links