Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Rav4?

Paulus17

Did a member in Ireland not have a red 5door 2wd version??? seem to remember that one (will be in the pinned section of the pictures)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• bitman

• Big Kev

• crofter

You cant get anything better than a RAV 4.2 , mines a 3 door 2003 nrg vvti, 127k miles ,had her for over 7 years, probably go for ever.

The only reason i bought an Iq, was that i needed something more economical for the daily commute (92 mls) and i couldnt find anything good enough to replace my RAV , so I've ended up with the best of both worlds really, RAV for the heart, IQ for the head.

Thanks for the info everyone,much appreciated :thumbsup:

All i know about the car is that is was reg in september 02,and the model type,and it was in very good condition :thumbsup:

There are roof rails fitted,but no bars,was this a standars fit and had to get the bars seperate??

Nice looking motor Bitman :thumbsup:

My friends dad drives a 3 door Rav 1999 i think it is??

Forgot to say that we will be picking ours up this saturday,i just couldn't twist her arm enough :D

Thanks for the info everyone,much appreciated :thumbsup:

All i know about the car is that is was reg in september 02,and the model type,and it was in very good condition :thumbsup:

There are roof rails fitted,but no bars,was this a standars fit and had to get the bars seperate??

Nice looking motor Bitman :thumbsup:

My friends dad drives a 3 door Rav 1999 i think it is??

Forgot to say that we will be picking ours up this saturday,i just couldn't twist her arm enough :D

Roof rails where fitted as standard to these models but no bars... Helpful for holding onto when cleaning the roof, grab the rail then stand on back wheel...:yes:

Same year/month as mine, as noted before the 4.2 model RAV is the best looking model, holds its looks well :toast: :toast: :toast:

Cheers Chatman :thumbsup:

Just been looking on the bay and see that the owners manuals are pretty expensive,£20-£30 :eek:

Where can i find info on the spec of what we have,and things such as tyre pressures,loads,towing,etc.

Talking of towing do i need a removeable towbar so the rear door will open?? It's just for a small trailer,so will be single leccy.

Just been looking on the bay and see that the owners manuals are pretty expensive,£20-£30 :eek:

Where can i find info on the spec of what we have,and things such as tyre pressures,loads,towing,etc.

Talking of towing do i need a removeable towbar so the rear door will open?? It's just for a small trailer,so will be single leccy.

Paul....see Pinned Section on Page 1 of Forum..."Service Data Sheets"....yours is a 4.2 model...select year and prey hesto, all the data for bedtime reading you could wish for, and some pictorially displayed.

All supplied yonks ago by Anchorman, who really does border on knowing his stuff.....shoulda been a mechanic....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

you have to buy the bars seperately. i cant remember how much mine were from toyota,i got them and a Roof Rack at the same time.They should still be available.

Thanks Big Kev and Atkiman :D

Kev i can only see two sheets showing am i looking in the right place??

Where can i find info on the spec of what we have,and things such as tyre pressures,

29 psi all round

From what i remember.........

Its only the NV base model that had 2wd & plain wheel arches,all other models had wheel arch extensions and permanent 4wd :yahoo: with a ltd slip diff.

Or check out the photo's in the pinned section..:thumbsup:

Here is a piccy of the Rav we are buying.Iasked the seller to mail me a piccy over and this is it.

Can i edit the title of this post to say piccy included??

rav4.jpg

Very nice Bitman,must admit i do like the black and the dark blue ones :thumbsup:

I also like the look of the side steps but SWMBOs not so keen,at the moment :D

So can i safely say that it is an all wheel drive?

Are they both yours??

I also like the look of the side steps but SWMBOs not so keen,at the moment :D

you have to take it step by step :!Removed!:

So can i safely say that it is an all wheel drive?

yes, your gx is all wheel drive :thumbsup:

Are they both yours??

yup, but the black one (5drs gx) is gone due the need of towing 2500kg yacht :o

i have now another black one :eek: lets say her bigger sister? :lol:

Step by step :D Very good. :D

Cheers Bitman. :thumbsup:

We can't wait to pick it up tomorrow and go for a good drive in it.

More questions i'm afraid.

Is there a document somewhere that tells us what all the controls etc do.

Is there any alterations that we could do to improve the car,once we feel it is ok??

Whats her bigger sister :unsure:

Is there any alterations that we could do to improve the car,once we feel it is ok??

keep the allows clean (wash them well with car shampo) as they are a weak point (corrosion) of toyota / lexus imho.

mediaCAEOTF7F.jpg

Allows,what are they :unsure:

The round silver things with the rubber rings on them :thumbsup:

Allows,what are they :unsure:

He means your allow wheels, Paul....

:toast:

keep the allows clean (wash them well with car shampo) as they are a weak point (corrosion) of toyota / lexus imho.

mediaCAEOTF7F.jpg

Errrr WARISIT...................

Wee Charlie.

Hello everyone.

My wife is about to buy a 2002 Rav4 GX VVT-I,after falling in love with it after a good test drive.

This was the first time she's driven anything like this and i don't think she will be changing either now,so long as all goes well with it??

The car is in very good condition inside and out.It has done just over the 100,000 miles.

So is she making a good purchase with the amount of miles on it.She also wants it for the 4x4 in the winter.

One thing we noticed though was that the bonnet was hot to the touch,is this normal on these cars??

rav4.jpg

Very Nice Mate !! I see it has the inclusion of a sunroof !!! Luuuuurvly

Hello everyone.

My wife is about to buy a 2002 Rav4 GX VVT-I,after falling in love with it after a good test drive.

This was the first time she's driven anything like this and i don't think she will be changing either now,so long as all goes well with it??

The car is in very good condition inside and out.It has done just over the 100,000 miles.

So is she making a good purchase with the amount of miles on it.She also wants it for the 4x4 in the winter.

One thing we noticed though was that the bonnet was hot to the touch,is this normal on these cars??

rav4.jpg

Very Nice Mate !! I see it has the inclusion of a sunroof !!! Luuuuurvly

Hi Paul,

Yes, I agree with Charlie - nice car & hope you get many years enjoyment from it. You really can't go wrong with the RAV-4, especially the 4.2 (i.e. your model), which in my view is the nicest one so far. The 4.3 is good but it isn't as proportionately pretty overall. We've had 3 RAV's: an '02 VX 5-door auto VVTi (petrol)in silver which we bought new as an import when we returned to UK from Paris; a '55 D4D (diesel) Granite in Astral Black which I drove for a year or so and I've recently bought a '54 3-door auto XT3 in Kielder Green metallic. The original 02 VX now has about 67K miles on it and apart from a new ancilliaries drive belt and water pump, has been uber-reliable - it's still on its original Battery, which coped with the last two winters parked outside on the drive! The only hiccup was a new catalyst in the exhaust which would have been covered under warranty but for the utter incompetence of a certain Toyota dealer. So my only advice is make sure that you pick a good dealer to look after it for you. We've been fortunate in having only very good experiences of Toyota main dealers (apart from the one mentioned re the catalyst - may he burn in hell) and our current dealer, Pinkstones in Stoke, looks after both of our RAV's very well and has first class staff.

So I hope you & SWMBO enjoy your new car and keep us up to date with how things go here on the forum.

Best of luck,

Firemac

Thank you Charlie and Firemac :thumbsup:

Yes Charlie it does have the sunroof which i'd forgot about :o

Well todays the day we go and pick her up,so will report back later,maybe with some more piccys :yes:

And i'll definately be keeping an eye on the allows ;) :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links