Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Charliefarlies Guide To The Toyota 2Ad Diesel Engine And Its Issues.

CharlieFarlie

Another oil thread ?

Sorry that's my fault. I was just mentioning how I came across this thread!

Thanks for the advice, will give Toyota a ring and get 3 bottles of Straight 75W oil directly from them. Thanks.

Wish I hadn't bothered to try and help now!!!

Sorry I've never ever had to change gearbox oil in a car before, I thought it was something that never needed changing, unless you have to open the gearbox up for whatever reason. I normally always buy servicing parts from the main dealers, they're not normally that much more expensive than the after-market stuff and things like brake pads tend to last longer, so that's the reason I'd rather stick to the main dealer. Anchorman recommends the stuff, you recommend something different, I don't know anything about these things, that's why I thought I may as well stick with the normal stuff which can be bought from the main dealer, unless the Fuchs one is the better buy in the long run? Thanks for your help.

Now now Taff,, there may be nothing wrong with the Fuchs stuff but all I know is that the 6 speed box is full of different fancy metals and plastics. I see that Fuchs have changed the description from 75W to Racing 75W and I don't know ester is and whether it is compatible - it may be but I wouldn't personally risk it.

Nobody is ungrateful for your input buddy.

rom

Sorry I've never ever had to change gearbox oil in a car before, I thought it was something that never needed changing, unless you have to open the gearbox up for whatever reason. I normally always buy servicing parts from the main dealers, they're not normally that much more expensive than the after-market stuff and things like brake pads tend to last longer, so that's the reason I'd rather stick to the main dealer. Anchorman recommends the stuff, you recommend something different, I don't know anything about these things, that's why I thought I may as well stick with the normal stuff which can be bought from the main dealer, unless the Fuchs one is the better buy in the long run? Thanks for your help.

What you have to remember is that Toyota do not make there own oils! They have it made by some of the big boys and have it placed in there own branded containers. Ester (And double Ester) oils are the highest grades on the market at this time. I've used the Pro SRG 75w in my Avensis gearbox without any issues.

This oil was recommended to me by Tim from Opie Oils for my Avensis 6 speed box. I believe that both Guy and Tim know what they are talking about when its comes to Auto lubes...

Fair enough. Should be considered a suitable alternative. At RRG, most of the Toyota oil is labelled Chevron but I'm sure they have different suppliers.

Now now Taff,, there may be nothing wrong with the Fuchs stuff but all I know is that the 6 speed box is full of different fancy metals and plastics. I see that Fuchs have changed the description from 75W to Racing 75W and I don't know ester is and whether it is compatible - it may be but I wouldn't personally risk it.

Nobody is ungrateful for your input buddy.

I understand what you are saying mate regarding the application of the Fuchs oil within the Toyota gearbox. :driving:

Can we talk about weasel pee oils ?...................

Have just spoken to the Service dept. of the main dealer. They said I need to measure exactly how much oil I'm losing after doing 1200 miles and if it's over 1 litre then I'll need to contact them again. He said if I bring the car into them to check and top up the oil then there'll be a charge for this, so he said I may as well do this myself if I can, to avoid any charges.

So I'll calculate how many miles I've done since I first topped it up after I bought the car and will then wait until I've covered 1200 miles so that I can get a figure for exactly how much oil I've used. So will have to wait a few weeks now until I do that amount of mileage.

He also said that if there was an issue, as the car's no longer under warranty, they'll need to explore what options to take and they if they make any payment, it would be regarded as a goodwill payment towards any potential work. I asked whether this is a known issue with my engine but he said that he said he has no details of my car available as it's never been into their dealership before so he doesn't know what engine I have in my car, even though I'd given him my reg. no.

Then when I asked for his name at the end of the conversation, he just said goodbye and hung up! I get the feeling he wasn't actually aware of this issue, so will contact them again once I have some proper figures to give them. Hope I don't have to speak to the same guy again!

Then when I asked for his name at the end of the conversation, he just said goodbye and hung up! I get the feeling he wasn't actually aware of this issue, so will contact them again once I have some proper figures to give them. Hope I don't have to speak to the same guy again!

Sounds like you need to be speaking to the Service or Aftersales Manager, don't put up with incompetance

Sounds like you need to be speaking to the Service or Aftersales Manager, don't put up with incompetance

Exactly ! Either this person is fobbing you off, or they don't want to take any responsibility for the advice.

Surely it is the dealer's job to take note of mileage, top it up, and run the check......? As far as him not being aware of the issue, that is distinctly possible......was he small and green, and from a place named after a well known chocoate bar that helps ye work, rest, and FIB.....?

Big Kev......in bed wiff trapped nerve in back.....rattle not my cage today, y' hear......?

Big Kev......in bed wiff trapped nerve in back.....rattle not my cage today, y' hear......?

You've got a nerve ;) :D:

Hi all, my 4/3 has now covered 20974 miles now, and in the last 2930 has used 1Lt of 05-30 so going on that over 10000 between oil changes 3 Lt seems a lot of consumption, never owed a car that's used oil in the past, I think there's something amiss but will Mr. T ?

thanks

geordie

Hi All, my first post on the forums and it looks like my 2007 Verso has this issue.

Bought the car second hand last year (obviously without knowing about the engine problems) and within a week was back at the dealership having the EGR valve replaced. We were told that this was because the previous owners hadn't used the car much, in four years they had done a total of 30,000 miles. We're now up to 45,000 and experiencing further issues.

The engine (and other) lights come on intermittently, for about an hour or so and will then go off for a couple of months, we've only seen this a few times. This started when we were having cold weather and only on the colder days, so we put it down to that. We took it back to the Toyota dealer last week however when the lights came on again (just 5 days out of our 1 year warranty) and were told that the Injector needs replacing. Given that it looks like the EGR valve has gone and then just over 12 months later the Injector(s) have gone (they are checking whether they can cover this under their warranty) it would appear that my poor car has the AD engine issues. Does this sound likely to someone with more engine experience than me?! The service department has not flagged this as a potential fault although I did leave a message earlier asking if this was a possibility, no-one's got back to me yet.

I'm ready to fight my corner if necessary, or does anyone know a good Toyota dealership in the Bristol area that may be more used to this issue.

Hi all, my 4/3 has now covered 20974 miles now, and in the last 2930 has used 1Lt of 05-30 so going on that over 10000 between oil changes 3 Lt seems a lot of consumption, never owed a car that's used oil in the past, I think there's something amiss but will Mr. T ?

thanks

geordie

Geordie is that your ZZR ? I had one of those missiles when they came out ! Took it to John trigger who removed the secondary throttle butterflies and fitted a full Akrapovic system and a powercommander and live mapped it on the dyno. Awesome bike !

Picture155.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Back on topic. Firstly I was never asked to pay for top ups or checks by the Dealer in relation to the oil consumption tests..

Secondly how on earth can a Dealer let a customer do his own checks ? That is just unheard of and plainly ridiculous !!!

You need to go direct to Toyota GB Customer service and give that Dealer a very wide birth !

Oh and nearly forgot ..... You car is a 2007 so your car is still under extended warranty. You really do need a new dealer !

Surely it is the dealer's job to take note of mileage, top it up, and run the check......?

That's exactly what I was thinking! Judging from the phone call, it sounds like they're going to charge me for any investigation they need to do as well.

Maybe they're just delaying things, they'll wait for me to clock up the mileage and then do the above next time when I take the car in. I just don't want to have to cough up anything up front, in case they don't give it back later. Didn't realise Toyota were going to be difficult, I've only read good things about them in the past, hence why I just bought one.

I have just been through this but they finally agreed to the engine and took mine into them today, they also gave me a brand new Yaris which I'm really impressed with!

I am worrying a bit as I left my lindop chip on there and havnt told them it's there! As part of the engine replacement will they remove it and bin it??

Should I say something?

I have just been through this but they finally agreed to the engine and took mine into them today, they also gave me a brand new Yaris which I'm really impressed with!

I am worrying a bit as I left my lindop chip on there and havnt told them it's there! As part of the engine replacement will they remove it and bin it??

Should I say something?

"Could I come in and pick up ma chip kit, Mr. Dealer".....should just about cut it......

Yes charlie, had a gen 1 now running a gen2 on a 58 plate, because i'm clocking have a LSL conversion fitted and I will be fitting a peg lower kit this year, covered 33300 on it todade, love it

Geordiepost-125480-0-74097800-1361260956_thumb.

P.S and it does not use any oil even at 11000 revs

Just heard back from the dealership. The dealer is saying they will need to do 2 oil consumption tests, each test over 1000 miles. For which we would need to drive to the dealership and back (1.5 hour round trip each time, not fun when you've got to drag a baby along as well!).

We've already had a faulty EGR valve, which was most certainly clogged with carbon, and are now experiencing 5th Injector issues, am I right in thinking that as per the warranty bulletin:

For all other out of warranty conditions related to AD engine problems, where the customer complaint can be directly linked to a "carbon clogging" concern , i.e. EGR Valve , DPNR, 5th Injector, EGR Cooler, blocked manifold, etc., we would accept this as being linked to an oil consumption condition.

these issues should be accepted as being linked to the oil consumption condition and therefore further testing is unnecessary?

My experience recently is that dealers will do the Oil consumption test anyway, regardless of any history of other OOW Events.

I've had injector problems, and EGR problems, and my dealer has said that it needs to be using oil and to have it recorded before Toyota UK will agree to the engine replacement.

Some dealers are more understanding however, and I have mine booked in next week . . . Thanks Don ;)

Would they remove it then?

They certainly will, Gavin.....you have committed no sin, my friend.....it is your property.....go fetch

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links