Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My E11

Littlenicky

Hi Guys and Gals.

I want to get rid of the electric sunroof on my E11 so looking for a new roof skin , had a search of the web and cant find any suppliers. Has anyone got any ideas where i can get hold of one?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlenicky

• PaulinhoT

• Steven252

• Tibs

It's going to be dealer only I'd say. Either that, or a second hand roof skin via a breakers from an E11 minus the sunroof.

There was a guide to 'how to' in Retro Cars magazine a month or two ago on such a project actually.

Curious as to why you want to kick the sunroof option out though? Fitting a cage?

Yup , wanting to fit a cage.

Ive got a GT4 that im gonna break for engine and running gear.

Sounds good, please keep us all updated on here to your progress.

Will do , gonna take some pics as i do it , planning on starting in a couple of weeks time when ive got access to a unit.

The guy who is gonna be helping me with this project just had a message from Duncan McMath head of Toyota Europe copied below.

Just thought you would like to know it was me who organised the 250 TTE edition Corollas (plus a few extra built by dealers from parts).

We built them for a special national dealer open day event , but the wheels only arrived 3 or 4 days before , so it was a mad rush to get them finished. The mods were front bumper , rear spoiler , 7 x 16 Speedlines with NCT3 tyres and TTE lowering springs , and a TTE rear silencer i think.

The first prototype had a 20v 1.6 4AGE in it , but Toyota wouldnt homologate it as 99 octane unleaded not sold in Europe.

Applied the same parts upgrade formula for the Starlet SR !

Good luck with the project !

D McMath

Thats good on you getting a reply :)

Sadly I can't say I have had the same luck. Over the course of last year I emailed Toyota Europe, Toyota USA plus Toyota Motorsport GmbH asking for information and help with regards to turning my E11 TTE into a WRC. In my email I showed my forcasted budget for this year, the parts and information I needed, and what I could spend last year on the project. Sadly the only reply I had was from Toyota USA asking me to visit my local dealer and ask my questions there.

As much as I love my car, and I still plan on spending £##,###.## on it to get it to where I want it to be, there lack of response left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Still good luck with your project, and it will be interesting to compare our cars in the future :)

Thats good on you getting a reply :)

Sadly I can't say I have had the same luck. Over the course of last year I emailed Toyota Europe, Toyota USA plus Toyota Motorsport GmbH asking for information and help with regards to turning my E11 TTE into a WRC. In my email I showed my forcasted budget for this year, the parts and information I needed, and what I could spend last year on the project. Sadly the only reply I had was from Toyota USA asking me to visit my local dealer and ask my questions there.

As much as I love my car, and I still plan on spending £##,###.## on it to get it to where I want it to be, there lack of response left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Still good luck with your project, and it will be interesting to compare our cars in the future :)

Its **** when you make an effort and they cant be ubikd to even send you an email , i have no contact with them myself but my brother in law owns a GT4 which he has turned into a WRC works replica (was at Legend Fires North West Stages this weekend) and he seems to get info but i know he does have quite a few contacts in the rally sphere around europe.

• 3 weeks later...

My Corolla sat in the workshop waiting for donor car

407462_3376306092720_1421376994_33309053_334141941_n.jpg

The Celica ST185 is my brother in laws and the part built ST165 is a customers car which will be ready to race in April.

I'm looking to sell some parts but when i put a post up showing the items it gets deleted , cant see any post saying im not allowed to advertise , have i missed something?

Thanks

Any more details on your plans for the corolla?

also pm me with what your selling.

I'm turning the car into a replica works WRC , at the moment all i need from the corolla is the Shell and keeping hold of the wheels just incase i can use the current hubs.

I'm picking up an Celica ST185 a week on saturday and will be using the floor plan , Engine and running gear.

I'm expecting the project to cost a small fortune so will be selling whatever i can.

It's going to be much cheaper for me to watch your project rather than do mine lol..

Really wish you the best of luck with this, and if you need a hand, then you only have to ask ;)

It's going to be much cheaper for me to watch your project rather than do mine lol..

Really wish you the best of luck with this, and if you need a hand, then you only have to ask ;)

Cheers , i'm going to have empty pockets for a long time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links