Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jdm Rear Spoiler

JordaniQ

Just posting some pics up of the JDM rear spoiler that i have on my iQ as requested. It looks perfect in my opinion, half way between the Scion and the EUDM spoiler.

It's fixed by bonds not bolts (tiger seal) but as usual the quality of the adhesive is next to none. Body workshops use tiger seal to hold up entire body kits and extended wheel arches with no problem. You lift the car before you lift the spoiler off.

It costed approximately £260 including postage from Japan.

img1795mg.jpg

^ That dent got quoted £80 to fix! Parked it up for uni one day and came back to see this. Heartbroken.

img1794bh.jpg

img1793x.jpg

Jordan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JordaniQ

• craggle

• tarquin

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoiler looks great, Want to get myself one in the summer but will probably get the Toyota version but that looks very nice indeed, I assume the price was unpainted?

Those polyurethane adhesives are strong things, I used a Wurth adhesive while building some parts of my kit car and you don't get them apart again without destroying things!

Shame about the dent, :(

Craig.

Nope! Came painted straight from the Japan Toyota factory :P at that price unpainted i wouldn'tve bothered haha.

Jordan

Ohhh, Even better then. Colour match looks very good too. Tempting...... :)

Craig.

No!, They do a silver one too, Must resist, can't afford it yet, must resist........ :) :)

Craig.

Hahahah do it you two! Just for the sake of uniqueness. Black oem rear skirt ordered. Think it'll go well with the red and the black roof etc

Jordan

Much better than the OE fit that I currently have fitted. Much bigger table space for those visits to Maccie D's, with the dribble gap for the spilt drinks. :D

Fish

Much better than the OE fit that I currently have fitted. Much bigger table space for those visits to Maccie D's, with the dribble gap for the spilt drinks. :D Fish

LOL a bit of stereotyping there eh :P but true nonetheless haha. I think the scion one looks like a chav's baseball cap on backwards.

Jordan

Strangely enough... I do see bolts.... Soooo not only adhesive?

Peter

Nope, the covers on the top just clip on to hide the bolt holes. I just put them on, cut off the 2 prongs that stick into a hole you are supposed to drill into the boot lid, sanded it down, and just tiger sealed it on and left it on with some masking tape to fix it over night.

Jordan

lol @ "just for the sake of uniquness".

JMO but I think the most unique iQ's about are probably the ones that are running without all the extras glued or bolted on and a loss of .5 mpg for every 'Customised' feature added.

The 'rear spoiler' is probably good for increasing the fuel consumption of a iQ by a full 1 mpg when actually driving.

At least they look good while sitting parked at Micky D's and save you fuel while you are not cruising.

(but then to think of it the price of a £5.99 meal could get you a gallon of petrol)

Some days i just sit, and some days i sit and think.

george

Ah well each to their own I guss :P to some, modding their cars to make them look different and perform better than standard is a hobby, some even make a living out of it eh

Personally I prefer KFC :D

Jordan

I do like the look of that spoiler. A nice middle option between the previous options.

For the record, it's In N Out Burger for me.

It is lovely, I actually like it very much.

I am only messing about. (dont have any wink icons to post sorry.)

george

;) :P just type ; ) without the space and it does it automatically. I should totally treat everyone to a McDonald's should we ever meet up haha

J

;) :P just type ; ) without the space and it does it automatically. I should totally treat everyone to a McDonald's should we ever meet up haha

J

Careful what you're offering... I work just round the corner from your place of study !! ;)

I have to agree with Peter, the bolt covers really should have been placed underneth, but I'm starting to see George as...

victor_meldrew220.jpg

You have no idea how close to it you are with 'One foot in the grave.'

Really not quite so 'Jolly/!Removed!' as Richard Wilson though.

george

Yah..oh wells. The scion bolt covers are also on the top too pretty sure..am i right in saying that Taz?

Jordan

Yah..oh wells. The scion bolt covers are also on the top too pretty sure..am i right in saying that Taz?

Jordan

The Scion wing does indeed have the bolt covers Jordin. It can be held on with only moulding tape though.

Like the spoiler, and the black roof. It goes very well with the Red, almost looks like a glass roof in your pictures. I think the 'dribble' spoiler looks better than the version from our Mr. T. I used to prefer KFC, then I saw the conditions of the poor chickens supplied to KFC, and chicken nuggets/popcorn chicken.... no way ever again. Has to be proper chicken, not that reformed crap. Have you seen that?

Anyway, I absolutely loved Popeyes Chicken, but the last time I had that was 1999 in Jeddah.

Now, I make do with a chicken strips meal from Maccy D's. I have a problem with cheese and all the other crap they put on burgers and so on. I mean, who the hell thought of putting cheese, of all things, on a bacon and egg McMuffin? Cheese, for breakfast! The dirty, cheese putting on everything, b'stards. :pepsi:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links