Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

The above is very Dealer dependant.

Mine arrived in mid-February but registration was never doubted for March 1 2023.

Tel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

The above is very Dealer dependant.

Mine arrived in mid-February but registration was never doubted for March 1 2023.

Tel

Perhaps March sales are less important than annual sales.  

Not really related to delivery, but in a weird reverse order, now that I have a Yaris Cross on order, I've been test driving all it's closest competitors.

Just came back from driving a Ford Puma. Although I have no complaints about how the Yaris Cross test drove, I can see why all the reviewers say the Ford Puma is more fun to drive. But I feel all of it's strong points revolve around driving irresponsibly (both like speed/acceleration/cornering wise and fuel consumption wise). But yes, it was a very fun drive. But I didnt feel like it had literally anything else over the Yaris Cross. Rather have a real hybrid than a mild hybrid anyways.

And as someone who isnt a car/driving person, I just dont value those aspects. Most of it would go unutilized by me as I just dont drive that way even if I have the power under the hood. I appreciate reliability, fuel economy, safety much more.

2 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

Not really related to delivery, but in a weird reverse order, now that I have a Yaris Cross on order, I've been test driving all it's closest competitors.

Just came back from driving a Ford Puma. Although I have no complaints about how the Yaris Cross test drove, I can see why all the reviewers say the Ford Puma is more fun to drive. But I feel all of it's strong points revolve around driving irresponsibly (both like speed/acceleration/cornering wise and fuel consumption wise). But yes, it was a very fun drive. But I didnt feel like it had literally anything else over the Yaris Cross. Rather have a real hybrid than a mild hybrid anyways.

And as someone who isnt a car/driving person, I just dont value those aspects. Most of it would go unutilized by me as I just dont drive that way even if I have the power under the hood. I appreciate reliability, fuel economy, safety much more.

As a current puma owner I can vouch for how the puma drives, but reviews I have seen say the cross isn’t far behind it, I’m getting 50+ mpg in mixed driving which isn’t too bad, but, the cross should be way better, as you say, reliability is paramount, it’s the same with me, I can say that the issues I’ve had with my car are appalling, a new dash to fix a rattle, even a new engine to cure a noise , not to mention the constant Battery issues, ( although in fairness these have lessened since it had an update), that members on the forum are constantly having problems with, so leaving me with no confidence in the car whatsoever, hence switching to a brand that is known for its reliability, ( fingers crossed) .

8 hours ago, Primus1 said:

As a current puma owner I can vouch for how the puma drives, but reviews I have seen say the cross isn’t far behind it, I’m getting 50+ mpg in mixed driving which isn’t too bad, but, the cross should be way better, as you say, reliability is paramount, it’s the same with me, I can say that the issues I’ve had with my car are appalling, a new dash to fix a rattle, even a new engine to cure a noise , not to mention the constant battery issues, ( although in fairness these have lessened since it had an update), that members on the forum are constantly having problems with, so leaving me with no confidence in the car whatsoever, hence switching to a brand that is known for its reliability, ( fingers crossed) .

Which is?

13 hours ago, anchorman said:

Which is?

I believe Primus1 has a Yaris Cross on order but not delivered yet so I read it as if he is talking about Toyota as the reliable brand after being burnt by the Puma

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

I believe Primus1 has a Yaris Cross on order but not delivered yet so I read it as if he is talking about Toyota as the reliable brand after being burnt by the Puma

No, no, I mean Land Rover of course..😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Primus1 said:

No, no, I mean Land Rover of course..😁

A wise man once told me "If you want to drive anywhere, get a Land Rover. If you wan't to also get back from that trip, get a Land Cruiser" 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Seriously, I’m sure there are plenty of land rovers out there that their owners are more than happy with, of course I mean Toyota, everyone knows they are bulletproof ( usually) I’m hoping to keep this longer than most of my cars , it will see me into retirement, but who knows….!

My plan is like 4'ish years. I drive around 30k a year, so I want to get rid of it well before 150 thousand kilometers, so that it still remains under Relax and Toyota Approved for the next buyer.

I got a ridicilously good financing on it that I will likely get never again in my life, so I guess it's tempting to keep paying it off a little longer. And should have a nice trade in value or just cash in hand for whatever succeeds the Yaris Cross for me.

Dealer rang today with my 4 weekly update, apparently it’s on course for end of July delivery…

• Like 2

Has the app changed.?, it’s now showing the place where it’s built ( onnaing?) same for left the factory, and in transit, with arrived at your retailer showing uk and a line pointing north, has the dealer done this after my update call today?, or does it mean there’s progress at last, I’m sure the app didn’t show this this morning…

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Has the app changed.?, it’s now showing the place where it’s built ( onnaing?) same for left the factory, and in transit, with arrived at your retailer showing uk and a line pointing north, has the dealer done this after my update call today?, or does it mean there’s progress at last, I’m sure the app didn’t show this this morning…

The factory is correct.  Each section goes bold once completed.  It will show left the factory next but be aware that it will appear to flirt backwards after each stage.  It just means it is on the move.  When it gets to Zeebrugge you can keep an eye on the boat.  Mine missed the first boat but caught the second.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9196319#:~:text=The current position of SEA,Jun 1%2C 02%3A00.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anchorman said:

The factory is correct.  Each section goes bold once completed.  It will show left the factory next but be aware that it will appear to flirt backwards after each stage.  It just means it is on the move.  When it gets to Zeebrugge you can keep an eye on the boat.  Mine missed the first boat but caught the second.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9196319#:~:text=The current position of SEA,Jun 1%2C 02%3A00.

I now have a vision of a very forlorn looking Yaris cross stood waving at the quayside, ticket in hand as the ship disappears into the distance….🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Neeear, faaaar, oh wheeeere is my car,

I belieeeeve that my car will soon boaaard....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've just reached the temporary phase of month after ordering when you give up checking every day for no reason (since there'd be email notification if things changed) you just kinda forget it's even coming until you are actually closer to more realistic times 😄 Mine was given ETA of end of august so likely nothing happening until july

• Like 2

Nothing is showing in red only the processing order, the app has changed and I had an email which, states welcome to Toyota type of thing, 

My T app showing same in mine and got welcome email also,ordered 23 April.

Still a way to go before it arrives. The worst part is the wait.

Had a Cross Excel on order, ordered in early March, but the delivery had slipped to predicted late August and that was a long time to wait. Cancelled the order, and bought a 12 month old premiere variant with 4k miles on the clock. Happy with that in the end, even if I'd have liked new.

• Like 2

Had a call from the dealer yesterday,they get it next week and we should be able to pick it up on Friday next week. Excel with adventure pack (front mudguards missing, discussion to be had), ordered late March 23.

• Like 2

Ordered a replacement for my current excel in early February, got a message from Toyota around March that a replacement (excel with pan roof) order has been made. Went into production late May.

• Like 2

Bad news for bargain hunters, looks like Toyota have joined the list of manufacturers to be dropped by DriveTheDeal over the past year, a broker who IMO not only negotiated some of the best deals, but were almost always up-to-date with offers and incentives and model range from the manufacturer. 

Last week you could order a GR Sport for approx £24700 which including PCP incentives is £4800 reduction on list.

Best price I can find now is Autoebid where the same car costs £25519 after discounts/incentives.

Anyone know of a better current deal?

11 hours ago, kipster said:

Had a call from the dealer yesterday,they get it next week and we should be able to pick it up on Friday next week. Excel with adventure pack (front mudguards missing, discussion to be had), ordered late March 23.

The mud flap manufacturer has either gone bump or broken ties with TGB.  They are not available at the mo with possible q4 or later delivery.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links