Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Hi Guys,

July14th Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel without seeing one, interested to see the delivery times of it as I know the Dealerships Demo was delayed till 23rd August so wonder what lead times on customer orders.

Customer deliveries are supposed to commence September.

Hi Frosty Longtime since I was last on here but had to comeback to Toyota, prior to ordering was told Late September.

2 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

Hi Frosty Longtime since I was last on here but had to comeback to Toyota, prior to ordering was told Late September.

Hi Peter - welcome back.

Thanks Frosty 🙂

Ordered my Yaris cross Dynamic a month ago after paying deposit and expecting it before the start of October.

I hope? 

so could get it in October/November we'll see

Production started in mid July, I would think 6-9 weeks for delivery from TMMF, dealer will want cars for the New reg (71 plate ?) on the 1st of September release

Hopefully the Y,aris release a year ago will have most of the issues sorted on the platform, the 4x4 version may have a few teething problems tho as it's completely new

• Confused 1

Ah okay cool, wont hear anything from where I ordered it as wasn't a dealer and dont really want to pester this company, cant wait to be back in a Toyota this will be my first Yaris Style car so will be interesting and also the 1.5 3 cylinder.

Demos will start arriving in dealers soon however they are under an embargo until 23rd august and cannot be driven.

All Toyota have said so far as regards customer orders is deliveries will commence in September no specific date has been given yet

Could be lucky and dependant on date and Spec alot of Yaris Cross's ight come across in one go 😄

The plant is 90 miles from the port (Zeebrugge), so a short hop across the North Sea (depending on the ship's route)

looks like they do a direct run in to Grimsby (GBA group ?)

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/AUTOPRESTIGE-IMO-9190157-MMSI-255801580

and no end of other ships

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd keep my same thread as it's for this car any ideas where I can get chrome locking wheels nuts as the Toyota supplied ones are just matt and crap and make the other wheel nuts stand out ?

• Like 1

Chased up my order and been told Mid to late September 🙂

Hi

Ordered my yaris cross excel last saturday, delivery nov or dec, they had a premier version in, glad i didnt go for it , as i thought, i cant do the black interiors, scarlett flame and a glass roof, grey roof lining , nice and light

• Like 1

Went for Yaris Cross Excel in Silver Metalic, City Pack, Essential Protection Pack, Toyota Skyview® Panoramic Roof, JBL Sound System and Front and Rear Mud Guards didn't go for Dynamic as with pano roof id still shows the outlines of black on the sides and I didn't like it, heard Pearlescent Paint is a pain to match if you need to get a repair and seagulls round here are a pain.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Auris TSpirit said:

Hi Guys,

July14th Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel without seeing one, interested to see the delivery times of it as I know the Dealerships Demo was delayed till 23rd August so wonder what lead times on customer orders.

Interesting Peter.

I have never in 60 years of driving ordered a new vehicle without seeing it or driving it.

I so look forward to your full report once you have it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Interesting Peter.

I have never in 60 years of driving ordered a new vehicle without seeing it or driving it.

I so look forward to your full report once you have it.

Ordered a CHR same way and wasn't disappointed

Just now, Auris TSpirit said:

Ordered a CHR same way and wasn't disappointed

We are all different Peter.

I still look forward to your full report.

• Like 1

@john p williams saw the Yaris cross Premium in Metalic Silver 1st August, just they have no test drive demos yet also not ordered from the delaer so if I hate it will get my money back with the saving I made doubt I'll hate it though 🙂

• Like 1

I am looking forward to having a look at the Yaris Cross, it looks as if it is just the right size for me with a bigger boot than the regular Yaris but still fairly compact overall. I have had two 3 cylinder cars in the past and I wasn't keen on either of them.  I could feel vibrations at certain speeds and they just are not as quite and smooth as a 4 cylinder engine.  Motoring journalists often describe them as having a characterful thrum, personally I would rather have an engine that is unobtrusive.  However I won't pass judgement on the Yaris Cross until I have had a test drive.   

• Like 1

I've been using yaris hybrids as courtesy cars for a while, and the last one was the latest incarnation, smooth, dont know when it goes from Battery to engine, so i'm expecting the same on the cross. Shame they dont do the excel as awd but i just cant live with a black interior

• Like 4

Just sold my Electric car for near what I paid for it as it just wasn't the right choice and as my dealership are very good to me it was Back to Toyota 🙂

• Like 1

I have only purchased one new car and had that 7 years, I test drove that 3 times and researched in no end, Ergonomics and accessibly of a car are a big issue for me

£25K plus is not small change and i like my cars to be an outright purchase, i suppose the gen4 yaris has got most of the issues sorted with the 4x4 powertrain being the only new system that is untested, to me the cross is a lot of money for a small car

Edit. For even more money, you could have a Lexus UX (poss the 2022 Lexus LBX)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I have only purchased one new car and had that 7 years, I test drove that 3 times and researched in no end, Ergonomics and accessibly of a car are a big issue for me

£25K plus is not small change and i like my cars to be an outright purchase, i suppose the gen4 yaris has got most of the issues sorted with the 4x4 powertrain being the only new system that is untested, to me the cross is a lot of money for a small car

Edit. For even more money, you could have a Lexus UX (poss the 2022 Lexus LBX)

Each to there own I suppose I am not really a Lexus fan the cars are too box like for me and the cost I think is crazy for what you get and they also weigh a lot more than most cars, my Electric car was £36k but due to low mileage just did not work out cost effective hence the change to Hybrid.

• Like 1