Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Engine noise at rapid acceleration is a pet hate as currently with a MK3. The new 130bhp cross premiere when it comes out will very much appeal. 

Ooh, exciting. Just received an email that the factory has received my order, which baseline in the app is the same message it has had since the dealer took my order. But it now shows what factory its being made in and the route etc. A year ago with my Aygo X I got this email one week before they started manufacturing it, 3 days from starting they had finished it, then about 3 weeks until "your car is almost ready to be delivered" and then the dealer had it for like a week.

I had a late august ETA, but seeing that I got this email exactly 1 week later than with my Aygo X (which was delivered to me halfway july) so there is a decent chance im getting late july delivery!

The Aygo X came from Czech republic though, I feel it might be a shorter trip from Onnaing to Zeebrugge than from Kolin CZ to Zeebrugge. Just 1½ hours compared to like 12h 😄 Although it's probably not the distance that truely matters but how long it waits until the truck is full 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

Ooh, exciting. Just received an email that the factory has received my order, which baseline in the app is the same message it has had since the dealer took my order. But it now shows what factory its being made in and the route etc. A year ago with my Aygo X I got this email one week before they started manufacturing it, 3 days from starting they had finished it, then about 3 weeks until "your car is almost ready to be delivered" and then the dealer had it for like a week.

I had a late august ETA, but seeing that I got this email exactly 1 week later than with my Aygo X (which was delivered to me halfway july) so there is a decent chance im getting late july delivery!

The Aygo X came from Czech republic though, I feel it might be a shorter trip from Onnaing to Zeebrugge than from Kolin CZ to Zeebrugge. Just 1½ hours compared to like 12h 😄 Although it's probably not the distance that truely matters but how long it waits until the truck is full 😄

I just got an email my X left factory. It just take 2 days from the build.

13 hours ago, isnsiie said:

I just got an email my X left factory. It just take 2 days from the build.

Yes, it says on the app, it takes 15 hours in the factory but two days is probably correct for the process to start to it being stood outside in the yard.  

Yeah I guess the building itself is well below 24h, but likely its all the testing etc that takes most of the time until its out in the yard. 

I wonder how often does a loaded truck leave that yard.

That's the timelinenfor my current car. Ordered August 2022.

Screenshot_20230624_120555_Keep Notes.jpg

• Like 1

great, my dealer confirmed that the eta is end of July. 

3 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

Yeah I guess the building itself is well below 24h, but likely its all the testing etc that takes most of the time until its out in the yard. 

Every few minutes.  Some go by road to Zeebrugge and some go by rail through the tunnel.  This was taken from the cab of a train passing Toton.  You can see the cars (mainly Yaris) being unloaded.  

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 20.15.44.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

Every few minutes.  Some go by road to Zeebrugge and some go by rail through the tunnel.  This was taken from the cab of a train passing Toton.  You can see the cars (mainly Yaris) being unloaded.  

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 20.15.44.png

Hope the cars are well protected from the fall-out of rail trucks brake dust etc. 🤞

17 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Hope the cars are well protected from the fall-out of rail trucks brake dust etc. 🤞

That’s an American problem.  Those modern car transporters have disc brakes and pads.  The cars are covered in wraps anyway.    They don’t stand on a dock with sea spray on them.  

6 hours ago, anchorman said:

That’s an American problem.  Those modern car transporters have disc brakes and pads.  The cars are covered in wraps anyway.    They don’t stand on a dock with sea spray on them.  

That's the trouble with getting old - what happened this morning? Haven't a clue!

40 years ago? Crystal clear - still remember the photo's of the warranty manual for all the paint problems. Including the industrial fall out of vehicles parked adjacent to goods yards. The paint adhesion test was an eye-opener - sandblasting a small area of paint behind a Badge and comparing the result with the manual. 

• Like 4

On 6/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, Yugguy1970 said:

My inlaws have just bought a 22 plate YC and are absolutely loving it. 

For them the fact that apart from the hybrid tech it isnt all touchscreen and bleeding edge haptic feedback and all that, is perfect.  It's comfy, reliable, not too big, so easy to drive and a decent turn of speed if needed.

I'm looking forward to testing the YC to see how much it has improved since my wife's 2014 Yaris hybrid. I do agree about wanting the more analog controls but my Captur full hybrid also has knobs for the main ones and is more comfortable and obviously has better tech than the 2014 Yaris. I hope so because I think if it can get close to the Captur on tech and comfort I will be going for it. Reliability isn't an issue for me becaue I am always in the warranty zone and not going over three years, at least not at the moment with such good residuals.

• Like 1

Good points. All I would say though is even if you are warrantied you still don't want the hassle of breakdowns and recoveries and waiting for parts.

Toyota reliability is a big draw for me.

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Good points. All I would say though is even if you are warrantied you still don't want the hassle of breakdowns and recoveries and waiting for parts.

I agree, although my puma hasn’t broken down, it’s been off the road to get problems fixed, a new dash to cure a rattle, ( three weeks), and having a noise sorted that eventually required a new engine, ( six weeks) this in a car not quite three years old, I’ve probably been unlucky as none of the Puma forum members have had these issues, ( maybe a couple have had dash rattles which they say are a loose airbag bracket) but mainly Battery issues, as seems to be the case with mild and full hybrids, I’m hoping Toyotas legendary reliability still holds true, I pick mine up next weekend, so I guess I’ll find out…

If it makes you feel any better, out of all the Fords our family's owned, half of them have had some sort of instrument cluster fault requiring it to be replaced - The last one was on a Ford Focus TDCI, where it just went dead one day for no apparent reason. Apparently it's quite a common problem as Ford don't put a conformal coating on the exposed circuit board, and it can just corrode to death!

The dealers are very cheeky too - Charged my dad £80 to program the odometer on top of the cost of the cluster and installation!

29 minutes ago, Cyker said:

If it makes you feel any better, out of all the Fords our family's owned, half of them have had some sort of instrument cluster fault requiring it to be replaced - The last one was on a Ford Focus TDCI, where it just went dead one day for no apparent reason. Apparently it's quite a common problem as Ford don't put a conformal coating on the exposed circuit board, and it can just corrode to death!

The dealers are very cheeky too - Charged my dad £80 to program the odometer on top of the cost of the cluster and installation!

Yes a few puma owners are complaining of digital instrument cluster flickering, not something I’ve experienced, only a week until I get my cross, 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yes, but my last few cars have never had a problem in their first three years. Maybe I was just lucky. 😃

image.thumb.jpeg.a853504e96b251553e408d02641cb0c5.jpeg

Another day spent drooling.... well, just while I was having my Aygo serviced.

Got the email last friday, but still no news on it being built. But I guess it can be even up to a week and then some, as my Aygo didnt start building until a week had already passed from the email. Still having hopes for late july delivery altho they gave me a late august ETA 😄

I asked this earlier though but not much traction, how are you waxing yours?

• Like 1

Picking up my cross excel scarlet flare on friday ordered 25th april

• Like 3

On 6/24/2023 at 10:16 AM, CruxisCore said:

On 6/27/2023 at 10:07 PM, Dezzer21 said:

Lucky you, mine was order 2 months earlier and just left the factory, though, I added panoramic roof.

1 hour ago, Dezzer21 said:

How long did it stay in country for for PDI before you got the notice to pick it up?

Mines been in the country for awhile 'awaiting PDI', trying to get an idea of timelines.

Left factory 9th arrived dealers 26th, at derby about ten days.

• Like 1

Looking doubtful now about collection this Saturday, everything is in place, even had the dashcams taken out of my old car, garage rang today, said they’re hopeful for a delivery to them on Friday, but it’s still showing at derby on the app, which they confirmed, so fingers crossed for a week on Saturday…

Update this morning that my car is in stock and ready to be delivered! ... on or after the 12th July, why so long?! 😞

2 minutes ago, Xerapin said:

Update this morning that my car is in stock and ready to be delivered! ... on or after the 12th July, why so long?! 😞

Certain things are installed by/at the dealer, so it could be that they're backlogged with those before they can get on to work with yours. My dealer said that they are suddenly getting a lot of cars to deliver, so it might be a season for that.

I got the email week ago about the factory receiving the order but still no news about actually building it, blegh!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links