Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Indeed, it wont automatically lock the car, but you can just lightly touch the "stripes" on top of the outside handle once you are out and the car will lock without needing to dig up the key from your pocket. But yeah, it never automatically unlocks other than the traditional "you unlocked the car but didnt open any door in 30 seconds" kinda deal.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, Xerapin said:

Going by the reports and my own experince, I would suggest estimate 16 weeks +/- 4weeks would give you the same ish range. Some are getting them in 8-10 weeks, some are getting them closer to 20 weeks. Some I think are still waiting on orders from last year. Just don't get the mudflaps as they are on +6month back order and won't complete the order until they have them from what I understand.

8 hours ago, Knorton said:

Two weeks (500 miles) since pick up. What can I say but one very happy bunny. Yaris Cross design in galactic blue, the colour looks way better in the flesh than on the little plastic swatch in the showroom. love the driving position and how it drives. Drove across to Deal pier with my cousin to have a look at fishing spots, and he was so impressed it's now on his list for when he changes his motor next year. following on from another topic it came with two keys. A quick question regarding the smart entery system. When I did the test drive the I was left with the impression that vehicle automatically locked when you took the key out of range? This does not appear to happen or am I misunderstanding the system entirley? The hanbook is vague and just mentions how to use the manual lock using key fob/internal locks and sensor. can anyone enlighten me further. 

Kev.

DSCF2154.JPG

The car won't auto lock. However, to beat not locking the car, you will get a reminder in my Toyota app to denote what's not locked. You can then lock the car remotely. The only issue I have with the MyT app is that you can't close the windows of you forget to lock. 

I had to run down from airport security back to the airport car park to shut my window which was slightly opened as I got an app notification. 

40 minutes ago, squadrondavid said:

The only issue I have with the MyT app is that you can't close the windows of you forget to lock. 

I had to run down from airport security back to the airport car park to shut my window which was slightly opened as I got an app notification. 

I had this problem also but you can get the dealership to reprogram the key to do this with a long press on the key fob. 
Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, Dezzer21 said:

Brilliant. I will notify them. 

Ugh, gotta wait until thursday for delivery!

Well, it's been 4 months so I guess what is 4 days? 😄

I got my Aygo X in little over 3 weeks from when it started manufacturing, this one is a few weeks past that already. But the storm sure slowed things down.

It's going to be the longest four days ever

• Haha 1

But you will be the first with 73

I once had the reg year plates a day early.  It was delivered with false plates, not trade plates and I had to promise not to cheat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

But you will be the first with 73

I once had the reg year plates a day early.  It was delivered with false plates, not trade plates and I had to promise not to cheat.

I'm not from the UK, that system of random numbers I keep reading here seems weird to me from the outside 😄 I understand its probably something to do with registration year of sorts and the cutoff related to it, but why isnt it just like.. "24" instead of 73 of all numbers?

But regardless, to my knowledge we have no similar system here and the only benefit in this regard to be gained would probably be if it was first registered to use 1.1.2024 and even that would only be cosmetic for some future buyer, even if they could see it was manufactured in 2023, so probably nothing gained 😄

• Haha 1

The UK has had a number plate system for vehicles since 1904.

The current UK number plates don't have random numbers. 

UK_Rear_Registration_Plate.png

Basically with the current system (and there has been three previous systems), for number plates of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) - see above - the first two letters represent the area in which the vehicle was first registered, the next two numbers represent the six month period* within which it was registered, and the last three letters are random but set by the licencing agency (DVLA). The national identifier/flag is optional (eg UK). Electric vehicles now have a green flash in place of the national identifier.

* The current system began from September 2001. The 'year' identifier changes every six months - 1st March and 1st September. Began with 51 in September 2001, and 02 in March 2002, and the sequence continues in that vein - ie Sept 2002 52, March 2003 03, etc, We currently have new cars registered from 1st March 2023 as 23, and from 1st Sept 2023 73.

This twice yearly change prevented the industry having a sales glut when buyers want the new registration, which was an issue of the second system.

220px-Northern_Ireland_Rear_Registration_Plate_%28Blank_identification_band%29.png

For Northern Ireland number plates (see above), the first letter is the series used, the next two letters represent the County within which the car was first registered (eg. TZ is Belfast), and the numbers follow a sequence between 1001 and 9998. When 9998 is issued, registrations move onto the next series (eg when BTZ9998 is issued, a new series starting C begins (eg. CTZ1001). Some numbers (eg 1111, 2222, etc) do get withheld by the licencing authority (DVLA). The country identifier (UK) is optional.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CruxisCore said:

I'm not from the UK, that system of random numbers I keep reading here seems weird to me from the outside 😄 I understand its probably something to do with registration year of sorts and the cutoff related to it, but why isnt it just like.. "24" instead of 73 of all numbers?

But regardless, to my knowledge we have no similar system here and the only benefit in this regard to be gained would probably be if it was first registered to use 1.1.2024 and even that would only be cosmetic for some future buyer, even if they could see it was manufactured in 2023, so probably nothing gained 😄

It is a bit weird, but makes sense when you understand the system!

There are 2 registrations a year, so the first one is the last 2 digits of the year, and the 2nd half is that +50

So e.g. this year, the registrations would b XX23 ZZZ and XX73 ZZZ

TBH I prefer it to the old system, where they used a letter instead for the year - My first car was a Y-reg; Smeg knows what year that was, I'd need to look it up in a table! :laugh: 

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

My first car was a Y-reg

Our first new car was a D reg - 1987 Nissan Micra.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It is a bit weird, but makes sense when you understand the system!

There are 2 registrations a year, so the first one is the last 2 digits of the year, and the 2nd half is that +50

So e.g. this year, the registrations would b XX23 ZZZ and XX73 ZZZ

TBH I prefer it to the old system, where they used a letter instead for the year - My first car was a Y-reg; Smeg knows what year that was, I'd need to look it up in a table! :laugh: 

Think a lot of us are Smeg - Y reg I think it's a 2000/2001. 

First used car was a pug 205 1.1 E reg. 

• Haha 1

Alright be honest you two, did you have to look that up?? (Or are you so old you have it committed to memory? :tongue: :laugh: )

The thing with that Fiesta is it was 6 months too new, and was taxed under the (then) new tax scheme based on CO2 - I remember being annoyed when I realized that if it was older, it would have been taxed under the old 2-tier engine-size system and would have been cheaper! :laugh: 

(I'm very glad I don't have it any more as I think it's tax is north of £200 a year now.... for a gutless 1.3!! :wacko:)

• Haha 1

On a similar theme, here in the Republic of Ireland, we also have a twice yearly system of registrations, in the format of '231 LM 246'. '23' is the year and the third number, '1', starts on the 1st January. The '1' becomes a '2' on 1st July. The two letters denote the county in which the vehicle was first registered, in the above example 'LM' = Leitrim - there are a few exceptions, 'D' is for Dublin, 'G' is for Galway and 'C' is for Cork, (I think). The last numbers are a sequential sequence of when the vehicle is registered. So it would be possible to have '231 LM 246' parked next to '232 LM 246'. This system came into force for the 2013 year.

Addit: What on earth is a "sequential sequence"? Should really have typed "The last numbers are issued in sequence"  🙄

Edited by dannyboy413
clarification
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Alright be honest you two, did you have to look that up??

No. By the time Y reg had come in, we'd had eight new cars - Micras, Sunny, Concerto, Corollas, and the first of 2 Primeras (a Primera SX introduced to celebrate Nissan winning the BTCC manufacturers championship within 3 years) .......

• Like 2

Fascinating. In Finland we just have 3 random letters, dash and 3 random numbers

• Like 2

Well I've had most of them my first being a 1959 Minivan (Not new - I'm not quite that old!) which had no prefixes or suffixes! If my Cross is delivered before March and is 73 plate that will help me remember it as I got married in Sept 1973 and it is my Golden Wedding Anniversary in two weeks time. Shame they didn't do it Gold !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dcweather said:

Well I've had most of them my first being a 1959 Minivan (Not new - I'm not quite that old!) which had no prefixes or suffixes! If my Cross is delivered before March and is 73 plate that will help me remember it as I got married in Sept 1973 and it is my Golden Wedding Anniversary in two weeks time. Shame they didn't do it Gold !

They did for a bit….. well a yellowy colour but it wouldn’t be my choice.   

To  save me wading through this 89 page thread how do I go about looking up the progress of my order when it gets nearer the time? My wife has a Yaris and a "MY Toyota" account and I have set up a new one for myself but can't see anywhere to enter order details or whatever?

5 hours ago, dcweather said:

To  save me wading through this 89 page thread how do I go about looking up the progress of my order when it gets nearer the time? My wife has a Yaris and a "MY Toyota" account and I have set up a new one for myself but can't see anywhere to enter order details or whatever?

You can do it best if you’ve got a windows computer by logging on to the Toyota website with your email address you gave the dealer.  You can then interrogate the developer settings to get details.  Maybe someone can find you the instructions?

Joining the club of being delivered a car with 2,9 bar in every tyre. Door frame sticker says 2,2 and 2. Yikes

• Haha 2

I believe most owners on forum have had the same mine were over 3 bar rubbish pre delivery.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, anchorman said:

You can do it best if you’ve got a windows computer by logging on to the Toyota website with your email address you gave the dealer.  You can then interrogate the developer settings to get details.  Maybe someone can find you the instructions?

Thanks, yes I can log in ok on my Windows PC, but as i don't have a car can't see anywhere to input order details etc so it knows about the ordered car?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links