Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior lights

Safcaw

Boot light I have disconnected mine as the boot is often open for long spells when I am using tools out of the boot but dont want to lift the various tool boxes out of the boot.

Yes light cuts out after say 20 minutes but if you close the boot because it raining it re starts the countdown once again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek.w said:

Boot light I have disconnected mine

Doesn't it just have a rocker switch to turn it off? Suzuki Across certainly does.

Nope, controlled by the boot latch/switch somehow. Been like that since the Mk1 Yaris.

I guess they figured it would defeat the point slightly if you had to fumble in the dark depths of the boot for a light switch to illuminate the boot :laugh: 

In general it's not a problem, but there's always those pesky edge-cases!

• Like 1

Ah, it's a Rav4 thing. I couldn't think of a use case for it the switch myself, but now I know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, displaced said:

Doesn't it just have a rocker switch to turn it off? Suzuki Across certainly does.

Yeah mine has a switch.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimota said:

Some of you might laugh at the Skoda brand but they are now excellent cars.  The scientific boffs in the Czech Republic invented a removable boot light that can be used as a torch and the drivers door accommodates an umbrella just like a Bentley.  The umbrella is particularly good as my hair goes all curly if the slightest bit of rain lands on it.

I owned 3 Yeti's and found that particular car great in everyway and loved the various cubby holes and pockets especially the under the passenger seat drawer. In fact SWMBO only yesterday said how she missed the Yeti's storage spaces.

• Like 5

So far, the Yeti has been the best car that’s been in the family.  It was my wife’s car but I really enjoyed driving it. My new Yaris Cross is very impressive and I somehow think that it will eventually steal the Yeti’s crown.  Time will tell.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Jimota said:

So far, the Yeti has been the best car that’s been in the family.  It was my wife’s car but I really enjoyed driving it. My new Yaris Cross is very impressive and I somehow think that it will eventually steal the Yeti’s crown.  Time will tell.

I had considered moving to a Yaris Cross but it shared a flaw with my Yeti's (2) and that was the cill catches the back of your calf on entry and exit. So a no for me. I know the RAV4 isn't a huge car in the grand scheme of things  but it made my Yetis look positively diminutive in comparison (still liked them though).

• Like 4

Woohoo, my interior switch order is now status shipped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Woohoo, my interior switch order is now status shipped.

Took about a week to get to me once the shipped status appeared and arrived via Royal Mail. RM sent me a text to let me know they had it for delivery. 

• Like 2

Woohoo, it arrived today.  Actually looks decent quality.

When I fit them I'll take some pics.

• Like 2

Just done them, 10 minute job, pretty easy, and look good. How it should have been.

20230228_161635.thumb.jpg.5729833ea0ba4fca92360944b121a18c.jpg

• Like 3

Agreed it’s how it should have been stupid idea not fitting illuminated switches. The PHEV version they come as standard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Agreed it’s how it should have been stupid idea not fitting illuminated switches. The PHEV version they come as standard.

The switches in my RAV are not illuminated, and, TBH, I don't miss such illumination or find it an issue at all - maybe I've just got used to things as they are.

I drove the wife's C-HR the other night - every single switch lit up like a Christmas tree - very distracting. I much prefer the calm, dark interior of the RAV.

Each to his / her own as they say ... 🙂

• Like 3

Nighttime.

The photo doesn't show the colour correctly but it's very close the existing button leds.

20230228_193258.thumb.jpg.09395db1477b94bfed9d3abe3596bc0e.jpg

20 hours ago, philip42h said:

The switches in my RAV are not illuminated, and, TBH, I don't miss such illumination or find it an issue at all - maybe I've just got used to things as they are.

I drove the wife's C-HR the other night - every single switch lit up like a Christmas tree - very distracting. I much prefer the calm, dark interior of the RAV.

Each to his / her own as they say ... 🙂

It's one thing I find annoying on my RAV4, stopping to let someone out the back in the dark I struggle to find the door unlock button. The illuminated switches are tempting, how difficult are they to fit?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinB said:

It's one thing I find annoying on my RAV4, stopping to let someone out the back in the dark I struggle to find the door unlock button. The illuminated switches are tempting, how difficult are they to fit?

Dead easy.

You need a trim tool and a couple of screwdrivers.

Once you've removed the panel the driver's is 3 screws, the passenger ones you just need to gently prise out the switch past the tabs.

Took me 15 mins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links