Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

6 hours ago, simond64 said:

I never use the SIPA but they could’ve offered the better advanced park assist with 4 cameras for 360 view , this is a £100 option on the Yaris Cross

Maybe only £100 but don’t you lose the latest version of the multi media. That’s what the dealer told me. 

7 hours ago, simond64 said:

I never use the SIPA but they could’ve offered the better advanced park assist with 4 cameras for 360 view , this is a £100 option on the Yaris Cross

Looking on the Toyota website it seems to downgrade the media system from 9 to 8 inch and loose connected services, odd option to offer. 

15 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

The problem is the price is going up and things are getting removed 🤷‍♂️

Depends on what model however all models gain spec to some degree:

All models gain

• 12.3" fully digital dash
  • 10.5" MM21 Multimedia
  • TSS3 (improved Pre-collision, LTA, Radar cruise & RSA, plus new Intersection collision avoidance, Emergency steering assist, Oncoming pre-collision, lateral collision avoidance support, Curve speed reduction, low speed acceleration suppression, emergency driving stop system, rear seat reminder system & OTA updates)
  • Wireless charger
  • Enhanced remote services ( locking/unlocking, Climate control, hazard light activation & OTA updates )
  • Scuff plates
  • 5th Gen Hybrid system

Excel gains:

• BSM with safe exit assist
  • RCTA
  • Adaptive headlights
  • HUD

These along with inflation are clearly going to raise prices 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Depends on what model however all models gain spec to some degree:

All models gain

• 12.3" fully digital dash
  • 10.5" MM21 Multimedia
  • TSS3 (improved Pre-collision, LTA, Radar cruise & RSA, plus new Intersection collision avoidance, Emergency steering assist, Oncoming pre-collision, lateral collision avoidance support, Curve speed reduction, low speed acceleration suppression, emergency driving stop system, rear seat reminder system & OTA updates)
  • Wireless charger
  • Enhanced remote services ( locking/unlocking, Climate control, hazard light activation & OTA updates )
  • Scuff plates
  • 5th Gen Hybrid system

Excel gains:

• BSM with safe exit assist
  • RCTA
  • Adaptive headlights
  • HUD

These along with inflation are clearly going to raise prices 

The stock audio system has had any improvement ? 
After I got rid of my 2018 Auris TS , to have an upgraded sound system with the JBL (I know extra charge for this , but my point is not all money related , ordering one spec and ending with less what you actualy wanted plus removing the parking assist ) ticked one of the boxes to come back to Toyota - ordered in May , not made it to the MY22 production and now I’m facing the wait and see how the stock system will perform … not ideal , no ?

If they ‘ve had MY22 orders still waiting why didn’t they just built them and change the production line after ?

Does ANYONE use “Parking Assist”?

I’ve had it on 3 Citroens and only used it on two of the car once, just to see if it worked. With the Corolla I’ve never even tried it.

It is just a gimmick, it’s much quicker just to park the car yourself and if you can’t do that you probably shouldn’t be driving.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dylanfan said:

Does ANYONE use “Parking Assist”?

I’ve had it on 3 Citroens and only used it on two of the car once, just to see if it worked. With the Corolla I’ve never even tried it.

It is just a gimmick, it’s much quicker just to park the car yourself and if you can’t do that you probably shouldn’t be driving.

I've had it on two cars now. I tired using it on the last one as a sort of "I've got it, I might as well try it". By the time it found a space it liked you could have parked the thing yourself. Never used it on the Corolla. 

As you say, it's a gimmick car manufacturers added on a few years ago as a feature to try and make people buy new cars. 

I think it's fun to show off to your mates, but I don't think it could cope with the inch-perfect spaces you need to deal with on most city streets.

Helps me tho', when people can't auto-park their giant land barge SUVs so I can just nip in and nick the space after they've given up :laugh: 

• Like 1

New video of the European version MY23 on YouTube, just for info. Specs will be different to UK (whatever they may be 🙂

• Like 2

Tempted to jump ship on Honda Civic or HRV,I know Toyota is still the king of hybrids but the way they give information to their latest models are really poor and UK specs are really left out compared other country. 

• Like 6

Yeah that's long been a Toyota-ism - They make great cars but their ability to communicate needs work...

I'm not a big fan of saloon-y cars but I must admit the new Civic seems pretty good. I kinda wish they gave it a different name as it doesn't look very Civic-y, but the same can be said of the new Yaris :laugh: 

• Like 2

Toyota Denmark has prices for the new Corolla. It's very VERY expensive, even for the entry model. 

Some say it's due to changes in taxes for 2023, others say it's just Toyota getting greedy. 

Whats the UK prices, and have they gone up, compared to the 2022 model? 

Link is the danish prices 25. jan 2023. All prices must be diveded with 8.50 to 'translate' them into GBP

https://modelinformation.toyota.dk/Toyota/specs/Prislister/PersonbilerPrisliste/?gotofirstsearchresult=Corolla touring sports

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nielshm said:

Toyota Denmark has prices for the new Corolla. It's very VERY expensive, even for the entry model. 

Some say it's due to changes in taxes for 2023, others say it's just Toyota getting greedy. 

Link is the danish prices 25. jan 2023. All prices must be diveded with 8.50 to 'translate' them into GBP

https://modelinformation.toyota.dk/Toyota/specs/Prislister/PersonbilerPrisliste/?gotofirstsearchresult=Corolla touring sports

Prices went up a lot plus the deals aren’t attractive anymore. High interest rates, no deposit contributions etc. Anyone bought a new Toyota 2019-2021 are real winners and they should keep their cars until 2030. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Prices went up a lot plus the deals aren’t attractive anymore. High interest rates, no deposit contributions etc. Anyone bought a new Toyota 2019-2021 are real winners and they should keep their cars until 2030. 

Interesting view, I bought 2020, 2022, ordered for 2023 in September and believe I’ve won every time, however, since October not been attractive to order

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

This is true. The deals now are not attractive at all. I picked up my TS GR 2.0 in June ‘22 and it was £269 a month. The same terms now, albeit a MY23 model, would be £446 a month. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

This is true. The deals now are not attractive at all. I picked up my TS GR 2.0 in June ‘22 and it was £269 a month. The same terms now, albeit a MY23 model, would be £446 a month. 

I’ve done better than your 22 for a 23 TS 2.0 excel 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simond64 said:

I’ve done better than your 22 for a 23 TS 2.0 excel 

Well done! 

Although not knowing the terms of each deal it would be hard to judge 🤔

23 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Well done! 

Although not knowing the terms of each deal it would be hard to judge 🤔

Yes, absolutely - there are a lot of variables (deposit amount, mileage, guaranteed future value, part-exchange evaluation etc.).

If you got a good deal for 23 model you’ve done well, it’s the best upgrade since 2019

• Like 1

12 hours ago, simond64 said:

If you got a good deal for 23 model you’ve done well, it’s the best upgrade since 2019

Absolutely, but ‘good’ is a relative term which means different things to different people.

The deal I was offered for a MY 23 back in September was - for me - not good enough to change a car that only got delivered in January 22. For someone else, this may have been a good deal. 

• Like 1

A good deal just a year ago was 0% to 1.5% at most.

Just browsing the deals now, good seems to be around 5% and I've seen 11% in some places.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

A good deal just a year ago was 0% to 1.5% at most.

Just browsing the deals now, good seems to be around 5% and I've seen 11% in some places.

Shame I can't get that rate on my savings! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here in Ireland the Corolla has gone up between €2000 - €2500 depending on the trim. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Glc said:

Here in Ireland the Corolla has gone up between €2000 - €2500 depending on the trim. 

In uk even more. All cars are crazy high prices. 

• Sad 3

On 1/28/2023 at 7:58 AM, nielshm said:

In Croatia, i bought my in 9/2021 Corolla TS 2.0 Style for cca 30000€, new price tag for MY23 is cca 40000€.

• Like 1

It’s a joke seriously. The worst is that used ones that are 1-2 years old are even more expensive than the new one if there are any available to buy immediately. People should stop buying cars is the only way forward so the market can stabilise and things smothered and prices set to more normal levels. A member here said -“ been lowest sales on record “ , well agreed but that is because you don’t have stock and I am talking about completely different situations when there will be plenty of new and nearly new cars but no customers, until then forget about any good deals. 

Here an example what I called a good deal and how was in uk in 2019 

Mercedes c class C180 SE 9G tronic auto list price of £33000 sale price through broker £22500 brand new car savings of £10500 , delivery 1-2 weeks. https://www.drivethedeal.com

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links