Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

On 12/31/2023 at 2:40 PM, ZZYGY said:

Just noticed the PHEV prices are here ⬇️ 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/online-reservation

Design from £39,145 just scrapes in below the £40K barrier, £4460 more the the 1.8.

Rough calc shows its not worth it for me,7 years to break even on fuel costs based on my usage. But then the Zombie apocalypse 🤔

Looking like a £1.9k premium for the PHEV as only the GR a sport is a true comparison with the 2.0 engine. 🤔

Well I won't be buying one for a while. Spoke to the dealership that I bought my 2022 2.0 GR Sport JBl/Alcantra from.

The car is only 18 months old, with 8000 miles on the clock. I paid £34500. 

They quoted a PX price of £19,500 and that was against the Premiere Edition.

I know the older models, take a bit of a price dive when the new model comes out, BUT !!

Anybody else had this type of PX rip off ??

• Like 3

On 1/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, Tango T5 said:

Well I won't be buying one for a while. Spoke to the dealership that I bought my 2022 2.0 GR Sport JBl/Alcantra from.

I know the older models, take a bit of a price dive when the new model comes out, BUT !!

Have you had prices from Webuyanycar, Motorway, CarWow etc? That will give you a feel for what the true market value is.  

I’m expecting a lot of flak for this but having owned a 2.0 Excel and driven the gen 2 GR sport the new car is a massive leap forward over the old car , divisive looks and  paint scheme included. 10 years of automotive development really shows when you actually drive the car. More controversy there is a huge difference between the 1.8 and 2.0 HEV drivetrains ,  the 1.8 feels it is working hard a lot of the time , the 2.0 feels relaxed most of the time. 

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Tango T5 said:

I sold my 22 reg GR with 12000 miles to a non Toyota dealer for more. One of the local Toyota dealers offer more but was trumped in the end negotiation.

• Like 1

I personally think that Toyota as over priced the new C-HR a top of the Hybrid Lexus UX is cheaper than the new C-HR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 6:36 PM, Leo63 said:

I personally think that Toyota as over priced the new C-HR a top of the Hybrid Lexus UX is cheaper than the new C-HR.

Yes, very true and sadly so. My wife liked the C-HR very much (quirky design and bi-tone paint) BUT I've now given up on getting the 1.8 Excel at near £40k (with JBL/Tech).

Yes, the C-HR is a very attractive car but it doesn't make financial sense when other more powerful options come into play, e.g.:

• Merc C200 Luxury (showroom condition, 73 plate with all conceivable toys) for £37k, or
  • Corolla 2.0 Excel (6 months old) for only £25k; the £15k saving allows us the luxury of a few business class trips to Bali for 2 weeks each time in a 5-star resort.

This is a really good forum, and I fully intend to be back in 24 months when I guess that C-HR prices might possibly be more within my reach. (especially after seeing the £3k price reduction that emerged this week for bZ4X).

• Like 5

On 1/7/2024 at 8:23 PM, drykoke said:

Yes, very true and sadly so. My wife liked the C-HR very much (quirky design and bi-tone paint) BUT I've now given up on getting the 1.8 Excel at near £40k (with JBL/Tech).

Yes, the C-HR is a very attractive car but it doesn't make financial sense when other more powerful options come into play, e.g.:

• Merc C200 Luxury (showroom condition, 73 plate with all conceivable toys) for £37k, or
  • Corolla 2.0 Excel (6 months old) for only £25k; the £15k saving allows us the luxury of a few business class trips to Bali for 2 weeks each time in a 5-star resort.

This is a really good forum, and I fully intend to be back in 24 months when I guess that C-HR prices might possibly be more within my reach. (especially after seeing the £3k price reduction that emerged this week for bZ4X).

Price reduction on the bZ4X and 0% finance a strong indication it’s not selling as expected, which TBH I expected , Battery range is well down on the more established competition (and a reason I ruled one out ). The dash is compromised with a round steering wheel as it was designed around the “fly by wire yoke” so few people can actually see the dash without the wheel obstructing it. No fast charge on early models. All that being said it’s a nice car but as the first BEV it’s a good bit behind the competition. Give Toyota 4/5 years and they will be as good as any other BEV. 

It’s clear where Toyota are trying to go with the CHR,  and it’s a more premium segment and younger audience . I’ve seen it said several times about the new CHR  “that’s Audi, Merc, BMW money” , correct and for some folk it’s all about “the badge” on the car not what you actually get. I’d definitely not want any of the aforementioned out of warranty Badge or no Badge. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had a new C-HR delivered yet? At the end of November my dealer said he could get me a Design with glass roof in January but wouldn't budge on price and his trade in value was poor.

I tried Carwow just before Christmas and the best was £400 less the my local but they would not commit to a delivery date. I then went back to my dealer by email quoting that offer. No response for 5 weeks until I Got a call this week saying  are you still interested, to avoid sweary words I hung up.

Looking at the Toyota website tonight it looks like there has been and update in the paint options for the same price but no indication of lead times.

I'm still tempted by the PCP deal but what is going on with the dealers, is it high demand or slow supply?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, asinrutee said:

Another point is the new Lexus LBX, which has just been voted car of the year, and is more upmarket than the CHR, the base model comes in under 40k.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lexus-lbx-wins-what-car-car-year

Though the LBX is comparable to the Yaris Cross rather than the C-HR ...

It's certainly more upmarket than the Yaris Cross    😉    

• Like 1

If I had to pick a new vehicle now from the Toyota group I would go for the LBX.

Toyota have aimed the new C-HR for the youngish buyer, its lost its unique place in the market place by being to family friendly. 

• Like 2

The higher pricing and lack of practicality lead me to buy a Rav4. I did eye up the new CH-R but it just wasnt for me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I did eye up the new CH-R but it just wasnt for me.

I to had a look / poke around one in the showroom the other week & commented to the staff member asking if I was interested " no, its even more fugly in real life, seeing it has made my mind up to keep the one I already have " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I too woild go for the Lexus LBX, in another league to the Yaris Cross.

• 4 weeks later...

We bit the bullet and decided to part exchange our 2020 Excel C-HR for another 2023 Excel, really prefer the older shape over the new one. Managed to get a great deal on an ex demonstrator with very low mileage. and loads of extras. That should keep us going for a few years longer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, barriechris@aol.com said:

We bit the bullet and decided to part exchange our 2020 Excel C-HR for another 2023 Excel, really prefer the older shape over the new one. Managed to get a great deal on an ex demonstrator with very low mileage. and loads of extras. That should keep us going for a few years longer. 

I drove one of those as a courtesy car. A big surprise for me was (being a basic spec) no navigation so when hitting “map” button it displayed “not installed” message. But i plugged my phone in and enabled carplay… viola hitting the “map” button brought up carplay map. 

lovely car to drive

How does the driver lock all doors, I am test driving the design spec ?  Or are they auto locking ? 

Doors are not auto locking. There is a button on the driver side armrest, near the window switches, that will lock all the doors,

8 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Doors are not auto locking. There is a button on the driver side armrest, near the window switches, that will lock all the doors,

I have looked for that and there is no such button. I think they are auto locking now as it makes that locking noise when car moves off but it does seem hit and miss whether this activates or not.i even tried locking my door to see if it locks the other doors but no such luck. I will speak to dealer as there is no manual in the car 

11 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

I have looked for that and there is no such button. I think they are auto locking now as it makes that locking noise when car moves off but it does seem hit and miss whether this activates or not.i even tried locking my door to see if it locks the other doors but no such luck. I will speak to dealer as there is no manual in the car 

Apologies age catching up found the door locking buttons on armrest 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Apologies age catching up found the door locking buttons on armrest 

The manual is online if you want to download it. And it says that the door lock/unlock buttons are where you've found them. 🙂

As I understand, from reading the manual, while the new C-HR doesn't have automatic or speed sensitive locking of the doors as such it replaces that function by automatically retracting the door handles - which provides the same effect of preventing someone from accessing the car while you are waiting at the traffic lights etc. I think ... 😉

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

New CHR Excel 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Nice.

6 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

New CHR Excel 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Another masterpiece designed by Toyota 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links