Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

24 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Edit:  oops...I should have refreshed before posting this.  I see that bZ4X beat me too it, lol.  Sorry!

From Reddit / BZ4X forums:

From Reddit from a customer in Norway.  An official email from Toyota Norway....bolded part.  Solution by end of October.  If they can inform that officially, the fix is in.  However, I would be sorely disappointed if Toyota gave priority to the production line restarting and pushing all of the built BZ4X / Solterra units to a later date.  Of course, it could be just logistics and time to get the fix into place too.

snip-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

As one of our first bZ4X customers, you have unfortunately experienced that the car is delayed in relation to the delivery schedule we had laid out. This is due to the global recall campaign that you have previously received information about. Quality and safety are at the very core of our strategy, and we will never compromise or launch products that do not meet our quality standards 100%.

We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October.

We are very sorry for the situation that has arisen and any problems this has caused you. Contact your dealer and seller if you experience challenges during the waiting period with regard to car maintenance.

Sincerely

Toyota Norway AS

snip-----------------------------------------------------------------

No problem, we all try to share the latest info here! 😊

Update, original Toyotas' email:

tj70r4aef2l91.thumb.png.c3cbb89066827dc1cf41d2c23cab9196.png

Now, we know what Toyota UK will announce. 😊

6 days left for production start!

1 hour ago, rfrancis073 said:

We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October.

I think the key bit of information needed here is where was this persons car in the build cycle. If it was in queue for build then October is reasonable, if there car was at port or distribution in Norway then October is a long time

p.s.

I do enjoy following these posts around all the forums. Like some of you I am in many of them and it’s good to see this forum is a common denominator 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Malop said:

I do enjoy following these posts around all the forums. Like some of you I am in many of them and it’s good to see this forum is a common denominator 

Completely agree. You’ve got the one where the US people spend their time working out how to dodge tax, and then one where the Subaru people complain about something obscure no one else has thought about and then Reddit where the bin is always on fire. 

LOL! 😂😂😂😂 

@MSNP please share this with local dealer 😂😂😂😂

Toyota UK:

Screenshot_20220831-182437_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98e9f222c3cbb1d90029ff4dd581ac35.jpg

• Haha 2

Lol, lol, thats funny, I might give Toyota Croydon a call tomorrow and ask if all UK Vision BZ4X's have glossy painted wheel arches.

Ive ordered the vision and its definitely matt wheel arches, so maybe this this an upgrade 

5 minutes ago, MSNP said:

might give Toyota Croydon a call tomorrow

Maybe we should all give Toyota Croydon a call and ask if we order a vision with gloss wheel arches?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Lol, lol, thats funny, I might give Toyota Croydon a call tomorrow and ask if all UK Vision BZ4X's have glossy painted wheel arches.

Ive ordered the vision and its definitely matt wheel arches, so maybe this this an upgrade 

We should order from where they got this car 😂😂😂

Steering wheel was on the right side, right? 😂😂😂😂

"We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October."

So that's the solution to the problem, not the fix nor the parts being available, if it involves the replacement of all 4 hubs and wheel bolts that's a lot of workshop time per car

9 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Yep, definitely on the right

20220828_134830_compress48.jpg

Love it, man! Looks so damn good with this gloss wheel arches! 😍😍😍😍

I would pay extra for this. I guess, I will buy my bz4x from this dealer 😂. They must have very good sources in Japan! 

• Thanks 1

And US models coming with windsheel wiper heating system. I haven't seen this at any UK trims. 

Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield 
wipers with de-icer function. 

1 hour ago, Malop said:

If it was in queue for build then October is reasonable, if there car was at port or distribution in Norway then October is a long time

Maybe they restart the production line to build only premium versions for us. 🤣 Then it would be worth waiting until November.🤣

In April, I found out about reservations 2 days too late... and all the best ones were already reserved...so I'm waiting for my bz4x and I would be very happy to have it even if it had square wheels.😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

"We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October."

So that's the solution to the problem, not the fix nor the parts being available, if it involves the replacement of all 4 hubs and wheel bolts that's a lot of workshop time per car

They are just giving out what they have heard.  They (nor we) have an idea what that means yet.

All we know at this point is the line is "assumed" to start back up on the 7th of September.  While they may start the line with incorrect bolts, I highly doubt it at this point, considering how long they shut it down to find the solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rfrancis073 said:

They are just giving out what they have heard.  They (nor we) have an idea what that means yet.

All we know at this point is the line is "assumed" to start back up on the 7th of September.  While they may start the line with incorrect bolts, I highly doubt it at this point, considering how long they shut it down to find the solution.

I don't think, they would officially announce their assumption or rumor. This must be confirmed by Toyota Japan. 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

I don't think, they would officially announce their assumption or rumor. This must be confirmed by Toyota Japan. 

Yeah, I have no doubt they have permission to give out what they did.  What I’m thinking is they don’t know Toyotas plan as far as if the new parts will be provided in October, will the solution be given in October with parts arriving later, something else.

my guess (hopes) that parts will be provided soon to have all current cars repaired by mid - late October.  I base this on the idea of the line starting back up next week. With assumed corrected wheel bolts.

2 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

My suspicion is that Toyota jp is trying to postpone an official announcement. End of October or mid of November I presume to be the target for them.

All the facts point to November: full silance from Toyota, defect founded, rumors from Norwey, the fact that Toyota will provide me a loaner car taking this "job" from dealear's hand... Until now my arangement with the dealer was that I will receive what car they have available ( dealer's test drive cars) and until now I already changed 5 cars. Now, as Toyota assumed the lowner car it will be "for a longer period not only a week".

Also we should take into consideration the fact that in Europe none of the bz4x cars ware delivered to the customers so the alredy proposed buyback from USA is not aplicable. The cheaper and less time consuming option for Toyota is to provide us (those with orders from April) a new build car from September. To ship new spare parts, to replace them and to deliver already built and fixed cars to us is equal as time from my perspective. 

I'm also confident that in Toyota's marketing departament are smart guys and they know how to fix a "bad image" issue. I gues that they will let us choose between a new built car with delivery time November - December OR the alrady shiped cars delivered as substandard and maybe with some discounts or benefits (like already offered in USA and with customer reaction already tested).

Bottom line, I'm already in peace with the ideea that the car will be delivered in November so... only time will tell and I'm confident that Toyota will implement the right and honest solution for us. 😀

Keep in touch.

And this is from Toyota Finland after Norway:

Dear Toyota customer, 24/08/2022

We are sending this message to inform you of changes to the delivery time of the bZ4X model you have ordered. On June 23, Toyota released an inspection campaign for bZ4X models in North America, Europe and Asia. The inspection campaign is related to car wheel bolts, which may become loose, and in which case the wheel (tire/rim combination) can come off while driving. The cause of the problem is still being investigated by the manufacturer, and at the moment, unfortunately, we do not yet know when the corrective measures will be available. We will inform about the start of car production and deliveries immediately after receiving this information. The delivery times of the cars will also be confirmed when the repair measures have been clarified. If you have used the Toyota bZ4X Order Tracking in the MyToyota application, the status of the car you ordered changed in the MyToyota application on August 16. to "Awaiting Production" status. The change is due to the inspection campaign mentioned above, and it happened regardless of what stage your car's order tracking was in. If the vehicle you ordered had left the factory before the launch of the campaign, Order Tracking will be updated to the correct status when car deliveries start again. On behalf of Toyota, we would like to express our deepest apologies for this exceptional situation and we believe that a solution to resume deliveries and production will be found as soon as possible, and the new car you ordered will be delivered to you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Toyota Auto Finland ”

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

And this is from Toyota Finland after Norway:

Dear Toyota customer, 24/08/2022

We are sending this message to inform you of changes to the delivery time of the bZ4X model you have ordered. On June 23, Toyota released an inspection campaign for bZ4X models in North America, Europe and Asia. The inspection campaign is related to car wheel bolts, which may become loose, and in which case the wheel (tire/rim combination) can come off while driving. The cause of the problem is still being investigated by the manufacturer, and at the moment, unfortunately, we do not yet know when the corrective measures will be available. We will inform about the start of car production and deliveries immediately after receiving this information. The delivery times of the cars will also be confirmed when the repair measures have been clarified. If you have used the Toyota bZ4X Order Tracking in the MyToyota application, the status of the car you ordered changed in the MyToyota application on August 16. to "Awaiting Production" status. The change is due to the inspection campaign mentioned above, and it happened regardless of what stage your car's order tracking was in. If the vehicle you ordered had left the factory before the launch of the campaign, Order Tracking will be updated to the correct status when car deliveries start again. On behalf of Toyota, we would like to express our deepest apologies for this exceptional situation and we believe that a solution to resume deliveries and production will be found as soon as possible, and the new car you ordered will be delivered to you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Toyota Auto Finland ”

In original language:

Arvoisa Toyota-asiakkaamme,

Lähetämme tämän viestin kertoaksemme muutoksista tilaamaanne bZ4X-mallin toimitusaikaan.
Toyota julkaisi kesäkuun 23. päivä tarkastuskampanjan bZ4X-malleille Pohjois- Amerikassa, Euroopassa ja Aasiassa. Tarkastuskampanja liittyy autojen pyöränpultteihin, jotka saattavat löystyä, ja jolloin pyörän (rengas/vanneyhdistelmän) irtoaminen ajon aikana on mahdollista. Ongelman aiheuttajaa tutkitaan edelleen valmistajan toimesta, ja tällä hetkellä emme valitettavasti vielä tiedä, milloin korjaustoimenpiteet ovat selvillä. Tiedotamme autojen tuotannon sekä toimitusten käynnistymisestä välittömästi saatuamme nämä tiedot. Myös autojen toimitusajat tulevat vahvistumaan, kun korjaustoimenpiteet on saatu selvitettyä.
Mikäli teillä on ollut käytössänne Toyota bZ4X:n tilausseuranta MyToyota - sovelluksessa, muuttui tilaamanne auton status MyToyota -sovelluksessa 16.8. statukselle "Odottaa tuotantoa". Muutos johtuu edellä mainitusta tarkastuskampanjasta, ja tapahtui riippumatta siitä missä vaiheessa autonne tilausseurannan vaihe oli. Mikäli tilaamanne ajoneuvo oli lähtenyt ennen kampanjan julkaisua thetaalta, tilausseuranta päivittyy oikeaan tilaan, kun autojen toimitukset jälleen käynnistyvät.
Haluamme esittää Toyotan puolesta syvimmät pahoittelut tästä poikkeuksellisesta tilanteesta ja uskomme, että ratkaisu toimitusten ja tuotannon jatkamiseksi löytyy mahdollisimman pian, ja tilaamanne uusia auto päästään luovuttamaan Teille mahdollisimman nopeassa aikataulussa.
Ystävällisin terveisin Toyota Auto Finland

24 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

5 days left until the suspension ends!

Seems there are a number of different vehicles manufactured on Production line 1

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/37824467.html

when the current production resumes on Line 1, maybe it will not include BZ4X ??

25 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Seems there are a number of different vehicles manufactured on Production line 1

when the current production resumes on Line 1, maybe it will not include BZ4X ??

The only car on that line that uses lug nuts is the Marai.  The BZ4X, Solterra and Crown all use the lug bolt system that has caused all of this mess.  I suspect that the fix is in for the factory and any of those / all of those will be up (or available) to run.

As of now, this is a Japanese recall only.  It may only effect Japanese sold units.  Will update thread as information becomes available.

https://car-moby.jp/article/automobile/toyota/bz4x/bz4x-recall-information-sep2022/

Far fewer number and should be able to fix before releasing (I would hope).

On September 1, 2022, Toyota announced that it has notified the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of the recall that there is a risk of defects in the driving support function "Lane Tracing Assist", display audio, electric parking brake, etc. in bZ4X. . Based on information from the market, it is reported that the current number of defects is 15 (total of similar recalls) and no accidents have occurred.

The recall applies to models produced between March 2, 2022 and June 2, 2022 . Please be sure to check the production period as it does not match the purchase period .

Toyota is telling you to have it checked and repaired promptly if the model you own is applicable. These measures will be implemented as needed from September 2, 2022.

You can check whether your car is a target vehicle by searching for recalls, improvement measures, and service campaigns .

If your car is subject to a recall, it is necessary to reserve a date and time to visit the nearest dealer and have it inspected and repaired. Repair charges are free and there are no costs.

*Lane Tracing Assist: A system that supports the steering wheel operation necessary to maintain lanes while radar cruise control is in operation.

A similar recall has been announced for the Subaru Solterra.

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Title corrected to UK date format.
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

This is technically possible but I dont think this will be something Toyota would do.

When I consider all data shared so far, my personal view is to start production the latest mid of Sep and deliver new cars the latest in Nov for the UK. All cars produced before will be scrapped and people likely to receive new car. (If there is no another failure arise with the car 😂

Again my personal assumption: I think Toyota and Subaru engineers examined all the parts on the car during this suspension. Thus my expectation is high with bZ4Xs reliability. 

Seems to imply they have a fix, does the article say what the fix is?

4 minutes ago, Malop said:

Seems to imply they have a fix, does the article say what the fix is?

Not that I saw.  I'll say the my BZ4X, stuck in the Port of New York since July 18th, was built on June 14th so based on the article, the fix would have already been in place before mine was built (Units built between March 2nd and June 2nd).  Again, this may be something unique to Japanese only models and have no bearing on US/UK built models, considering the low number of units recalled and the fact that this isn't being listed as a 'global recall' (at least not yet).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links