Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

The forum is not affiliated in any way with Toyota - no one will read this, if they do the issue isn't at their pay grade

you don't just pull a car from market due to "wheel studs/bolts" or shut down a production line - there is a fundamental flaw/issue with the car, the fact orders have been cancelled and re-ordered shows they are pulling all production cars off the market and building replacements

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I hope someone from Toyota Japan's senior management or Toyota UK headquarters reads this forum and understands what people think of Toyota.

Toyota, whether Japan, Europe or GB, neither visit the Club or will reply to posts. 

It has been just two months since the recall was announced, which, in terms of recalls and the severity of the issue is still fairly short in terms of time. No manufacturer will issue statements on what precisely the recall fault is until they have determined corrective measures and had these agreed by the appropriate authorities. 

If you require a pertinent update, your Toyota importer would be your point of contact.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota, whether Japan, Europe or GB, neither visit the Club or will reply to posts. 

It has been just two months since the recall was announced, which, in terms of recalls and the severity of the issue is still fairly short in terms of time. No manufacturer will issue statements on what precisely the recall fault is until they have determined corrective measures and had these agreed by the appropriate authorities. 

If you require a pertinent update, your Toyota importer would be your point of contact.

They can announce the status of the recall monthly at least. This causes speculation in the market. 

Contacting Toyota UK?  Yes I just did it today 🙂 you know what is the funny part? They are not even aware what is written at Toyota UK website. When I mentioned him that it is written deliveries will start in late 2022 he replied " I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for informing I will get it corrected"  😊.  Soooo amateur, God help us! 😂

They can only tell you what they are told or is put on the system, realistically you will not see the car till late Q1, early Q2 2023

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

This causes speculation in the market. 

As does posting rumours, conjecture, etc on forums.

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As does posting rumours, conjecture, etc on forums.

Thats Toyotas problem. They must take the control and  give sufficient/effective information to the market. Many people cancelled their order just because of this. 

And forums are here to share information and discuss. You cant just expect people to share %100 accurate information here.

Again they won't issue updates until they're ready. If a manufacturer loses orders due to recall action, etc, to a degree that's usual and expected.

All part of the rich tapestry of life.

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

My dealer has had one in the showroom since at least  last week.   Yesterday I noted another in the yard. 

Exactly so ... my wife took her C-HR in for service at our local dealer early in July. They had a bZ4X in the showroom that she sat in, and another round the back as a demonstrator, but said they that they were unable to book test drives at that time. The salesman was not amused when she said "Oh yes, is that because the wheels fall off?"    😉

The dealers are ready to go just as soon as their demonstrator stock is 'fixed' and the "do not drive" notice is withdrawn.

9 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Exactly so ... my wife took her C-HR in for service at our local dealer early in July. They had a bZ4X in the showroom that she sat in, and another round the back as a demonstrator, but said they that they were unable to book test drives at that time. The salesman was not amused when she said "Oh yes, is that because the wheels fall off?"    😉

The dealers are ready to go just as soon as their demonstrator stock is 'fixed' and the "do not drive" notice is withdrawn.

Is that stock belongs to Toyota or dealer,any idea?  I mean demonstrators.

5 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Is that stock belongs to Toyota or dealer, any idea?  I mean demonstrators.

In all honesty I have very little idea. As I understand, demonstrators and show room models are normally regarded as "dealer stock" to be sold on by the dealer as and when they are no longer needed for demonstrator or show. A demonstrator will have been registered (to the dealer) so if you buy one of those you would be the second owner but a showroom car is probably unregistered and can be sold on as a brand new car. I think ...

... but as to who actually owns that stock I have no idea.

• Like 1

In the past, some manufacturers had a time limit on stock that dealers had - eg two months. When the time limit was reached they required the dealer to register the cars and pay the manufacturer for them. Hence the reason for some dealers to regularly have pre-registered cars for sale.

• Thanks 1

Dealers will often be on a stocking plan with the manufacturer, so the manufacturer funds the stock, usually for a fixed period of say 6 months. When it becomes 6 months old, it becomes fully paid, so the dealer can sell it on, hence ex demo models. Pre reg are different in that the manufacturer says take these 10, 50, whatever number of cars, they get registered, but have extra bonus money in them so the dealer can sell it at less than new, even though most of those pre reg cars will never have turned a wheel, often good deals come from pre reg cars. Of course it is done to hit targets, nobody can afford to miss targets

• Thanks 1

The demonstrators are actually owned by Toyota and leased to dealers. This is new to Toyota and dealers took a bit of time getting the demonstrators on the road as there was more paperwork than usual. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

They can only tell you what they are told or is put on the system, realistically you will not see the car till late Q1, early Q2 2023

We ordered our bz4x and in April, it arrived at Derby late June.  AFAWK it is still in Derby awaiting a fix.  Even if a while new vehilce needs to be built, production is supposed to restart week 2 September,  so that would probably mean Nov 22 delivery, or are we missing something ?

Very frustrating situation. I am about to order a lease car through a new job I start next week and the lease rates on the BZ4X are very competitive. However I cannot wait until next year for delivery. 

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

We ordered our bz4x and in April, it arrived at Derby late June.  AFAWK it is still in Derby awaiting a fix.  Even if a while new vehilce needs to be built, production is supposed to restart week 2 September,  so that would probably mean Nov 22 delivery, or are we missing something ?

I was informed that production and delivery takes 2 months. Thus the best scenario suspenaion will end mid of Sep and first batch will arrive in November if they decide to scrap all current ones.

8 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Very frustrating situation. I am about to order a lease car through a new job I start next week and the lease rates on the BZ4X are very competitive. However I cannot wait until next year for delivery. 

I noticed you are not showing the Rav4 PHEV anymore have you sold it?

Just now, Roger_N said:

I noticed you are not showing the Rav4 PHEV anymore have you sold it?

No, although not sure why that isn’t showing. The new job means we need to revert to 2 cars and given there is a subsidised lease car available (must be a BEV) I may as well take advantage of it. Otherwise the RAV is almost perfect and proving to be an exceptionally powerful and economical tow car - just the utterly rubbish infotainment system, useless sat nav and poor DAB reception. 

• Like 2

I thought that I'd review some of the facts and the timeline for the bZ4X recall:

• 16th June 2022 – production of bZ4X suspended until 1st July identifying low attendance due to Covid as the reason; several lines / models impacted
  • 22nd June 2022 – production of bZ4X suspended until 15th July again identifying Covid and supply issues as the reason
  • 23rd June 2022 – global recall notice issued; 412 cars affected within the UK
  • 11th July 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 29th July “in order to investigate the cause of the recall for a certain model”; affects Noah, Voxy, MIRAI and bZ4X; no other lines / models impacted by this announcement
  • 19th July 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 31st August; affects MIRAI, bZ4X and Solterra; other lines / models impacted but to a lesser extent
  • 10th August 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 6th September

And “At the time of this announcement (10th August), the global production plan for September through November has been revised to a higher volume, estimated to average about 900,000 units per month. This plan is based on careful confirmation of parts supply and the personnel structures and facility capacities of our suppliers. However, it remains difficult to look ahead due to the spread of COVID-19 and other factors, and we will continue to make every effort possible to deliver as many vehicles to our customers at the earliest date while closely examining the situation.”

Those are the facts we have - I don't believe that we have any further official information - the rest is speculation ...

It seems reasonable to hope that as of the 10th August announcement Toyota had a reasonable understanding of the problem and an expectation that they would have a resolution in place in time to resume production on 7th September. Whether that was because they had a fully worked-up plan to do so or whether Toyota management had set their engineers a "stern deadline" I couldn't speculate. So, we live in hope that the end of this problem is in sight ...

... equally, there is still time for Toyota to issue an "adjustment to the production plan for September"  to further extend the suspension.

I can't see any basis for speculating as to what the 'remedy' might be ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

I thought that I'd review some of the facts and the timeline for the bZ4X recall:

• 16th June 2022 – production of bZ4X suspended until 1st July identifying low attendance due to Covid as the reason; several lines / models impacted
  • 22nd June 2022 – production of bZ4X suspended until 15th July again identifying Covid and supply issues as the reason
  • 23rd June 2022 – global recall notice issued; 412 cars affected within the UK
  • 11th July 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 29th July “in order to investigate the cause of the recall for a certain model”; affects Noah, Voxy, MIRAI and bZ4X; no other lines / models impacted by this announcement
  • 19th July 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 31st August; affects MIRAI, bZ4X and Solterra; other lines / models impacted but to a lesser extent
  • 10th August 2022 – production of the bZ4X suspended until 6th September

And “At the time of this announcement (10th August), the global production plan for September through November has been revised to a higher volume, estimated to average about 900,000 units per month. This plan is based on careful confirmation of parts supply and the personnel structures and facility capacities of our suppliers. However, it remains difficult to look ahead due to the spread of COVID-19 and other factors, and we will continue to make every effort possible to deliver as many vehicles to our customers at the earliest date while closely examining the situation.”

Those are the facts we have - I don't believe that we have any further official information - the rest is speculation ...

It seems reasonable to hope that as of the 10th August announcement Toyota had a reasonable understanding of the problem and an expectation that they would have a resolution in place in time to resume production on 7th September. Whether that was because they had a fully worked-up plan to do so or whether Toyota management had set their engineers a "stern deadline" I couldn't speculate. So, we live in hope that the end of this problem is in sight ...

... equally, there is still time for Toyota to issue an "adjustment to the production plan for September"  to further extend the suspension.

I can't see any basis for speculating as to what the 'remedy' might be ...

I totally agree with you. When I analysed previous suspensions and recent Toyotas announcements. It came very reasonable to me that production will likely to start the latest mid of Sep. 

But as you wrote,  we will see soon 😊.  Finger crossed! 

• Like 1

Well, I contacted my dealership in London, several times and they never return my calls, so Ive given up on them. I had an initial call from them in June telling me about the recall and then nothing. I think thats really bad, ok they may not know anything but the least they could do is give their customers a curtsey call every now and then

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MSNP said:

Well, I contacted my dealership in London, several times and they never return my calls, so Ive given up on them. I had an initial call from them in June telling me about the recall and then nothing. I think thats really bad, ok they may not know anything but the least they could do is give their customers a curtsey call every now and then

Get in touch with Toyota customer services and let them know how they have treated you, that should get their attention.

35 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Get in touch with Toyota customer services and let them know how they have treated you, that should get their attention.

I did 😊 their answer: "We will contact on behalf of you,  then dealer will contact you back ASAP. Which dealer was it? "

Unfortunately Toyota UK distributor and their customer service is very poor.  I have experience with other Toyota distributor in another country and I can honestly say that dealers are not afraid of anything as much as they are afraid of getting complaints there! 

They got very upset with me when I have low scores on their NPS. I gave them for fair reasons - the service was not good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links