Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

My word talk about reading between the lines :rolleyes:

The trouble issuing any information is that people make up their own assumptions, I understand that anyone having a BZ4X on order will be rightly worried and i am sure they will be adequately catered for, but geez, some of the things I am reading is just pure speculation  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

My word talk about reading between the lines :rolleyes:

The trouble issuing any information is that people make up their own assumptions, I understand that anyone having a BZ4X on order will be rightly worried and i am sure they will be adequately catered for, but geez, some of the things I am reading is just pure speculation  

Today is 18 Aug 2022.  Toyota UK saying they will not even have a update till sometime after 01 October "an update early in Q4...."

Dragging 2,700 vehicles all the way back to Japan ! 

May be readng between the lines, but the lines are rather clear....

19 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Where is the official link to that information? I can't see anywhere where it says 2700 vehicles being dragged back to Japan? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

May be readng between the lines, but the lines are rather clear....

This is conjecture and doesn't help anyone.

Toyota have said they will have an update in Q4, and, in the UK and Europe it is common for vehicle manufacturers during recalls not to issue information until they have identified specific fixes for whatever the fault may be. 

• Like 1

The issue for me is trying to find any stock in the UK from an alternative manufacturer that is somewhat comparable that is relatively readily available.

Used prices are absurd and new orders are 6 - 12 months. 

I've left my order on the Premiere Edition open but have confirmed with my dealer I can walk away at anytime. 

I understand that they might not have much to communicate but I would really appreciate a formal release from Toyota UK acknowledging the work ongoing, at least. I don't need more than that - radio silence however doesn't build confidence. 

• Like 1

It makes sense now why they updated order numbers 😄

If they hadn't updated the system for orders, people could have tracked the order all the way back to Japan!

When I gather all information I assume they will open assembly line for bz4x in the second or third week of Sep. And I was informed earlier that production and transportation takes 2 months. Thus people who ordered already,  will start receiving the car (with new order number) in the mid of November with the very optimistic scenario. 

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

This is conjecture and doesn't help anyone.

Toyota have said they will have an update in Q4, and, in the UK and Europe it is common for vehicle manufacturers during recalls not to issue information until they have identified specific fixes for whatever the fault may be. 

With respect......

According to My Toyota App and confirmed by the dealer, our new bz4x was/is in Derby , UK, since about 20 June 2022.

Now, since this week,  according to My Toyota App "You will be notified when we start building your car...."

So if a new vehicle has to be built from scratch , what do you suggest will happen to our original vehicle , which we had been very mich looking forward to receiving ?

Regarding conjecture , the dealer showed us the order for the car, and printed on it on RED was "Returnable" and the order number had changed.

Appreciate everyone on here seems to be very pro Toyota, but we ordered a new bz4x in April, and have had almost zero information supplied, in fact most of what we know hs been gleaned from this forum

Am not knocking anyone, in fact the info of these forum was  big part of the decision to buy our first ever Toyota brand vehicle.  Just making what seem to be logical assumptions based on the facts that we do know.

11 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

So if a new vehicle has to be built from scratch , what do you suggest will happen to our original vehicle

I'm not suggesting anything - that would be making an assumption, conjecture, call it what you want.

Two key parts from the Poland article

Toyota bZ4X: cancellation of confirmed production (2022-05 and 2022-06) and delays in the execution of NCO orders

Dear

We received information from TME [Toyota Motor Europe – editor's note] about the cancellation of the confirmed May and June production in the bZ4X model. The factory will not produce further copies of this model, initially until the end of 2022 [emphasis added by the editors of Elektrowoz], which results in an extension of the delivery time by 6-8 months. Therefore:

• orders affected by the cancellation of confirmed production have again been granted "unconfirmed" status in Kanri (...)

And it's in a dot. The contract has a clause that the company can change the price when the euro will cost more than $ 5. The price of the euro did not exceed this threshold, and yet Toyota raised its price, i.e. unilaterally terminated the contract.

Update 2022/08/18, 5:37 p.m.: the topic is hot. Shortly after the publication, it turned out that the position of Toyota Motor Europe had changed. However, he will not have to pay extra, i.e. the price of the car will not be updated to the price list in force today, August 18, 2022.

17 minutes ago, Malop said:

Toyota bZ4X: cancellation of confirmed production (2022-05 and 2022-06) and delays in the execution of NCO orders

Dear

We received information from TME [Toyota Motor Europe – editor's note] about the cancellation of the confirmed May and June production in the bZ4X model. The factory will not produce further copies of this model, initially until the end of 2022 [emphasis added by the editors of Elektrowoz], which results in an extension of the delivery time by 6-8 months. Therefore:

• orders affected by the cancellation of confirmed production have again been granted "unconfirmed" status in Kanri (...)

And it's in a dot. The contract has a clause that the company can change the price when the euro will cost more than $ 5. The price of the euro did not exceed this threshold, and yet Toyota raised its price, i.e. unilaterally terminated the contract.

Update 2022/08/18, 5:37 p.m.: the topic is hot. Shortly after the publication, it turned out that the position of Toyota Motor Europe had changed. However, he will not have to pay extra, i.e. the price of the car will not be updated to the price list in force today, August 18, 2022.

The document should be from around April 2022 as it confirms that production will be discontinued in May 2022. Thus delay (6-8 months) will go until between October - November 2022... 

11 minutes ago, Malop said:

Dear

I was more looking at the new order number, date new car is started and RETURNABLE.  Surly this can't be so bad that they have to be scrapped and started over (and that's coming from my engineering side)?

1 hour ago, rfrancis073 said:

I was more looking at the new order number, date new car is started and RETURNABLE.  Surly this can't be so bad that they have to be scrapped and started over (and that's coming from my engineering side)?

That's what our order says too , RETURNABLE, and shows it as starting all over again from scratch with new build at the factory in Japan.

So it seems yes, they will be scrapped, recycled or whatever.

NOTE: this is definately assumption, conjecture, but cannot see any other logical explantion.

Will be extremely happy to be wrong, and above is not the case, and we get to take delivery of the vehicle

2 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

With respect......

According to My Toyota App and confirmed by the dealer, our new bz4x was/is in Derby , UK, since about 20 June 2022.

Now, since this week,  according to My Toyota App "You will be notified when we start building your car...."

So if a new vehicle has to be built from scratch , what do you suggest will happen to our original vehicle , which we had been very mich looking forward to receiving ?

Regarding conjecture , the dealer showed us the order for the car, and printed on it on RED was "Returnable" and the order number had changed.

Appreciate everyone on here seems to be very pro Toyota, but we ordered a new bz4x in April, and have had almost zero information supplied, in fact most of what we know hs been gleaned from this forum

Am not knocking anyone, in fact the info of these forum was  big part of the decision to buy our first ever Toyota brand vehicle.  Just making what seem to be logical assumptions based on the facts that we do know.

6 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

That's what our order says too , RETURNABLE, and shows it as starting all over again from scratch with new build at the factory in Japan.

So it seems yes, they will be scrapped, recycled or whatever.

NOTE: this is definately assumption, conjecture, but cannot see any other logical explantion.

Will be extremely happy to be wrong, and above is not the case, and we get to take delivery of the vehicle

And with equal respect ...

The new order number might simply cover the planned remedial work ... to be carried out at Toyota's Burnaston factory.

And the term "Returnable" could simply refer to the Toyota 'buy-back' scheme to cover customers that no longer want their bZ4X.

And this is, of course, wild speculation and conjecture on my part and I may well be being wildly optimistic ... let's hope that we get some 'real' news before too long. 😉

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

And with equal respect ...

The new order number might simply cover the planned remedial work ... to be carried out at Toyota's Burnaston factory.

And the term "Returnable" could simply refer to the Toyota 'buy-back' scheme to cover customers that no longer want their bZ4X.

And this is, of course, wild speculation and conjecture on my part and I may well be being wildly optimistic ... let's hope that we get some 'real' news before too long. 😉

I dont think so.

I think, they created new order number to disable people to track current car. Once production starts again we will umderstand what this new order number stands for. 

Its possible just to restart the productions lines it easier rebuild your car with new order number!.

Cars already in a holding pens around the world will be issued with modified parts when spare capacity is avaible for delerships to fit then sold off at main Toyota dealers as orders pick up.

You be issued with a new order number to track new car when its nearly ready for coming off the production line.

If this is true,  good news! 

The production line for the new EV (electric vehicle) "bZ4X" was out of operation from late June to the end of July and August 2022, but will start operating from early September. bZ4X filed a recall on June 22nd. The hub bolts that attach the tires may loosen due to repeated sharp turns and sudden braking, and in the worst case, the tires may fall off.

Source:

https://monoist.itmedia.co.jp/mn/spv/2208/12/news056.html

I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to think about canceling my order.  I think, I will go with Nissan Ariya as delivery time is the earliest in the market and price match with bz4x.

Do you have any alternative plan or recommendations?

We already spoke on another forum, but have asked my dealer about cancelling my order too.

It was the 80 engineers comment that made my mind up. That many people working on it suggests not a minor production or materials flaw but a serious lack of thought in forces on the body, and in my mind doesn’t bode well for the future. 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to think about canceling my order.  I think, I will go with Nissan Ariya as delivery time is the earliest in the market and price match with bz4x.

Do you have any alternative plan or recommendations?

Also been looking at the Ariya, I think next week is the deciding point for me. Toyota are supposed to be calling me to discuss a loan car as my previous lease car has now gone back. I’m getting the suspicion that the reason they are waiting for next week is that they want to “bundle” that conversation in with another one about expected delay in delivery. 
It will be disappointing if I do move to the Ariya as I’ve basically lost 3 months time in their delivery queue since the recall happened. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malop said:

Also been looking at the Ariya, I think next week is the deciding point for me. Toyota are supposed to be calling me to discuss a loan car as my previous lease car has now gone back. I’m getting the suspicion that the reason they are waiting for next week is that they want to “bundle” that conversation in with another one about expected delay in delivery. 
It will be disappointing if I do move to the Ariya as I’ve basically lost 3 months time in their delivery queue since the recall happened. 

Yep, also started looking for alternatives, but will keep my bZ4X order for now until things become clearer. I test drove the Ioniq 5- didn't like it as much as the bZ4X but nevertheless a nice car-  but the waiting list was over a year when I enquired. ID4, EV6, Tesla don't appeal to me. Possibly I thought of downsizing to a Kona electric or eNIRO- certainly cheaper but with quite good specs on the top models. Also looking at the Arriya, hope to have a test drive soon.

Very disappointed with Toyota over this mess with the bZ4X. I really expected Toyota would get their first EV perfectly right. I still have a 15 year old Prius, never had a single fault over 110k miles. I was hoping for something similar from the bZ4X...

The Ariya is not an option for me unfortunately. To small for someone my size.  

Like for like the Ariya is also quite a bit more expensive.  

I also think,  just opinion,  that you're likely to get a new bz4x before you get any comparable EV.  Assuming mid/end of September relaunch of manufacturing and all pre ordered bz4x are being rebuild.  

No chance that anyone ordering now will get a new kia,  hyundai,  VW,  under 9-12 months.  In case of an enyaq 2 years.  

Nissan Ariya may come quicker 6 months (?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links