Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

27 minutes ago, swoop5511 said:

The Ariya is not an option for me unfortunately. To small for someone my size.  

Like for like the Ariya is also quite a bit more expensive.  

I also think,  just opinion,  that you're likely to get a new bz4x before you get any comparable EV.  Assuming mid/end of September relaunch of manufacturing and all pre ordered bz4x are being rebuild.  

No chance that anyone ordering now will get a new kia,  hyundai,  VW,  under 9-12 months.  In case of an enyaq 2 years.  

Nissan Ariya may come quicker 6 months (?)

You could be right about earlier delivery of the bZ4X, time will tell. However, my confidence in receiving a high quality product from Toyota has been badly knocked back by this poor experience with the bZ4X. I’ve had Toyotas for the last 30 years, been very happy with them. Waiting now to see if Toyota will do anything to reassure people like me that there will be no further problems with the bZ4X even if the current problem is solved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

When I enquired with Nissan at end of July I was told Feb for top of spec AWD so 6 months is about right. 

I agree with the other comments on here as well, it’s not just about delivery time it’s about how Toyota explain and fix the problem, I want confidence not only in the car but also in the resale value of the car in 3 years time. 

While waiting for the BZ4X I’ve had the opportunity to drive the Volvo XC40, VW ID4, Tesla Y and Nissan Ariya. The XC40 was a great car, lacking in some tech and some big problems at launch (I had a launch model) including the car shutting down and needing dealer recovery to resolve (mine was resolved by breakdown luckily). The ID4 is a nice car but the driving position is a bit low for me. I really liked the Ariya, similar driving position to BZ4X but the tech is better (which probably explains the price differential). Model Y is just a no for me, really didn’t like the drive experience. 

7 hours ago, swoop5511 said:

The Ariya is not an option for me unfortunately. To small for someone my size.  

Like for like the Ariya is also quite a bit more expensive.  

I also think,  just opinion,  that you're likely to get a new bz4x before you get any comparable EV.  Assuming mid/end of September relaunch of manufacturing and all pre ordered bz4x are being rebuild.  

No chance that anyone ordering now will get a new kia,  hyundai,  VW,  under 9-12 months.  In case of an enyaq 2 years.  

Pricewise: This does not fully reflect reality in terms of price. Aria Evolve is coming with 87kw and range is 329 miles but recently I got quation for £51.500. Yes there is a tiny price difference between top trims but you get range for this. 

Delivery term: Today I was at car show at Farnborough. Dealer informed me that the earliest delivery term is november for Aria. He had received one order last Friday and showing dleivery date mid of November. 

Interior and exterior design: And I found Ariya little bit more spacious. I had chance to compore almost all other brands for EV cars today. 

I definetely love exterior desing of bZ4X.  I just adore it. But interior I have many doubts 🙂 if I will regret.

Unlike the Bz4x, I don't like the exterior design of the Ariya but the interior is super premium and comfortable.

As a result I really cant decide which is a better option for me. I booked test drive for Nissan Ariya for this Saturday to feel the car. 

• Like 1

Problem for me (ariya vs bz4x)  is that the middle console / dash runs very low and the seat does not go back far enough for my knees not to be pressing against them.  Similarly,  you can't get the larger Battery with the middle trim and the top spec trim comes with a sun roof that also restricts head height.  

At 7ft / 2.10m height every cm matters.  

Also don't want the top trim. For me the Bz4x motion still ticks all the boxes.  Just want the damn car.... 

• Haha 1

Ahh how was the car show? I went last year but didn't this year.

Any small EVs on display or all still hausfrauenpanzers? :unsure: :laugh: 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ahh how was the car show? I went last year but didn't this year.

Any small EVs on display or all still hausfrauenpanzers? :unsure: :laugh: 

It was very good. I entered at 11 am and left at 5pm but couldnt really finish the show, it was huge. 

Almost all brands and EVs were in the show. The only disturbing part of the show was (and you will get shocked!) No dealer from Toyota in the car show! Toyota parked the bZ4X there and it was locked 😔. I took pictures with Subaru Solterra. I dont know why they didnt even bother to put a stand in the car show. That was a real shame for Toyota. 

Small EV: To be honest I dit really pay attention to small EVs or ICE cars,  but there were many type of EV there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

Problem for me (ariya vs bz4x)  is that the middle console / dash runs very low and the seat does not go back far enough for my knees not to be pressing against them.  Similarly,  you can't get the larger battery with the middle trim and the top spec trim comes with a sun roof that also restricts head height.  

At 7ft / 2.10m height every cm matters.  

Also don't want the top trim. For me the Bz4x motion still ticks all the boxes.  Just want the damn car.... 

Could you test both cars? 

Their publicity strategy is a bit weird - For instance the Enfield Car Pagent is just up the road from the Enfield Jemca dealership but they very rarely have a presence there.

The 2023 Geneva motor show has been cancelled this week for the 4th year running, as most manufacturers were unwilling to commit for a variety of reasons. So a show like the British Motor Show stands little chance of attracting manufacturers. Dealer groups would have probably had stands rather than manufacturers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Could you test both cars? 

Yes,  test sit the ariya at the UK launch event early June.  Not drive, but no way for me to make that car work.  

And test drove the Bz4x at UK launch event.  That was more than fine and put a deposit in right then and there 

• Like 2

Had a phone call from Toyota Online today and they’re arranging a loan Corolla hybrid for me until my BZ4X is ready, they are still unable to give me a date for that but I get the Corolla this week. 
The poor guy on the phone got both barrels  from me about lack of comms and messaging from Toyota Corp and leaving their community to infer and gossip on possible options and outcomes. Do realise it’s not his fault and didn’t make it his either. I explained that people all over the world were cancelling their cars and losing faith in Toyota. 
They did confirm they have turned off MyT tracking for the BZ4X and set everyone to build as they didn’t want to give people “false hope” of delivery until they had more accurate information. 
I questioned if fuel was covered with my loaner as I was expecting an EV charged from home at cheap rate tariff. He said no but would look into it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Malop said:

Had a phone call from Toyota Online today and they’re arranging a loan Corolla hybrid for me until my BZ4X is ready, they are still unable to give me a date for that but I get the Corolla this week. 
The poor guy on the phone got both barrels  from me about lack of comms and messaging from Toyota Corp and leaving their community to infer and gossip on possible options and outcomes. Do realise it’s not his fault and didn’t make it his either. I explained that people all over the world were cancelling their cars and losing faith in Toyota. 
They did confirm they have turned off MyT tracking for the BZ4X and set everyone to build as they didn’t want to give people “false hope” of delivery until they had more accurate information. 
I questioned if fuel was covered with my loaner as I was expecting an EV charged from home at cheap rate tariff. He said no but would look into it. 

Is it Toyota UK or dealer? More details please 🙂

Toyota UK Online. My BZ4X is the Premier edition which is from Toyota UK direct rather than via dealer 

• Like 1

I believe, this is something new. I havent noticed it before. Have you? 

Toyota UK website:

The All New bZ4X is in dealers to view now, and will be available for test drive and customer deliveries later in 2022.

Source: https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x

6 hours ago, Malop said:

"they have turned off MyT tracking for the BZ4X and set everyone to build..."  thanks for the info , that is very interesting.  We got our order on the app go back to build, so figured it meant a new car being built from scratch.  Maybe this statement means they can fix them after all and the vehicles in Derby will actually get delivered. 

53 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I believe, this is something new. I havent noticed it before. Have you? 

Toyota UK website:

The All New bZ4X is in dealers to view now, and will be available for test drive and customer deliveries later in 2022.

Source: https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x

This is also very encouraging, "will be available for test drive ..." rather than may be avalable seems to suggest an end in sight for this saga

Despite everything , for us the bz4x still looks a terrific car, so hoping our order will arrive

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Maybe this statement means they can fix them after all and the vehicles in Derby will actually get delivered

The Toyota guy was fairly honest with me, they’ve put up with a lot of “feedback” from me since May about poor communication and lack of visibility (so even before the recall), but even he was sounding frustrated by the lack of central messaging and it seems they’re not telling the guys on the phone too much either.

So although it does sound promising I’m holding on optimism until Toyota Corp say something via a proper press release. 

I would not read too deeply into the word may versus will and pin hope on that. That wording has been on the bZ4x page for quite a while now.

I've made my decision this weekend and I've left the Toyota world. Sold my Supra and cancelled the bZ4x opting to go all in on a new I-Pace available for immediate registration. 

I don't have faith in the bZ4x after this length of time and I'm concerned about what else has been overlooked. I'm not an engineer so perhaps the rest of the car is perfect, but really, if the world's biggest manufacturer can't keep the wheels on, what else is going to go wrong with the newer aspects of a full BEV? I don't want to be a real world beta tester. 

Also, imagine how awful the swirl marks are going to be after they rush clean months of atmospheric crap off the cars in Derby. I hate swirl marks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bZ4xSupra said:

I would not read too deeply into the word may versus will and pin hope on that. That wording has been on the bZ4x page for quite a while now.

I've made my decision this weekend and I've left the Toyota world. Sold my Supra and cancelled the bZ4x opting to go all in on a new I-Pace available for immediate registration. 

I don't have faith in the bZ4x after this length of time and I'm concerned about what else has been overlooked. I'm not an engineer so perhaps the rest of the car is perfect, but really, if the world's biggest manufacturer can't keep the wheels on, what else is going to go wrong with the newer aspects of a full BEV? I don't want to be a real world beta tester. 

Also, imagine how awful the swirl marks are going to be after they rush clean months of atmospheric crap off the cars in Derby. I hate swirl marks. 

You have all rights to say ylu lost your beliefs.  I completely agree with you. 

But for me bz4x is still first option. At least I will be waiting Toyotas October announcement. Then I might jump for another order. 

So i had my free charger installed end of July, i had considered delaying the install due to the recall, but didn't think it would take Toyota long to sort, and about a week previous, my dealer had said my car was still showing as due for delivery to dealer 12th August.

The day after my install i received an email from my dealer, from someone i had not dealt with before, claiming he would be away for 3 weeks and would update me on my car when he returned.

4 weeks later (today), after having replied to the email asking for an update and hearing nothing i rung up my dealer.

It was someone else on the sales team i spoke to, apparently said person who sent me the email had only just returned and wasn't available today.

The person i spoke to was aware of BZ4X issues, and told me nothing new. They've stopped production, they have no date to restart production or for when the fix would be sorted, only that he stressed it would be a while, his demeanour insinuating it could be quite a while.

My next question to him was about me cancelling my order. Would Toyota demand payment for the installed charger (which he said they could), would they let me have it for free, how long are they expecting me to wait, with the possible charge for installation to be paid for by me on cancellation?

He said he was going to raise this with head of sales to find out.

I'll be honest, I've scoured the internet regarding purchase of other evs both new or nearly new, taking into account waiting times for new cars, and inflated prices for vehicles available immediately. 

My preference is i still really want this car i ordered, but how long am i expected to wait. As has been said before on here, the lack of information, and timescale to rectify this is so demoralising.

To add insult to injury, i took out a loan end of last month to make up the shortfall in being able to purchase this car, and my 1st payment will be due end of this month.

I have been a massive loyal customer of Toyota for over 2 decades, having many Toyotas, some brand new, some nearly new, culminating in the Lexus RX450H I've currently had for nearly 8 years, the longest I've ever had a car. 

Like i said earlier, i still definitely want this vehicle, but my patience is definitely being tested, and my brand loyalty as taken a massive hit........... let's all hope we hear something positive fairly soon

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

This is also very encouraging, "will be available for test drive ..." rather than may be avalable seems to suggest an end in sight for this saga

Despite everything , for us the bz4x still looks a terrific car, so hoping our order will arrive

My dealer has had one in the showroom since at least  last week.   Yesterday I noted another in the yard. 

Egg, give Toyota Customer Experience a call and talk to them. The more of us who do that the more Toyota May listen. Plus you have a new problem (the charge point) for them to think about. 

I dont know this just a robotic reply to my question or an honest one 🙄 but please see Toyota UK reply below:Screenshot_20220823-131040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6a11d489eb072cde412c0e93655d0a9e.jpg

• Like 1

I hope someone from Toyota Japan's senior management or Toyota UK headquarters reads this forum and understands what people think of Toyota. They should really put the customer at the centre. But they can't do it with this silence. They just leave customers to make assumptions and believe every article they see online.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links