Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

1 hour ago, Malop said:

Seems to imply they have a fix, does the article say what the fix is?

It seems they have. Looks like a software problem:

If your car is subject to a recall, it is necessary to reserve a date and time to visit the nearest dealer and have it inspected and repaired. Repair charges are free and there are no costs.

https://car-moby.jp/article/automobile/toyota/bz4x/bz4x-recall-information-sep2022/

Maybe Toyota need to call it bZ4recall.....

Does make you wonder what else they will find?!

At least Toyota aren't leaving it to customers to find all the issues!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, duncerduncs said:

Maybe Toyota need to call it bZ4recall.....

Does make you wonder what else they will find?!

At least Toyota aren't leaving it to customers to find all the issues!!

The only reason I'm not canceling my order right now is the 10 year warranty.

42 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Do you think they would delay fix only for that reason? They clould change the car anytime and no need to explain anyone 😃

+ thank you for sharing this

39 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

There not going to use a vehicle that's currently under a worldwide safety recall. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

There not going to use a vehicle that's currently under a worldwide safety recall. 

Perhaps, but if they are supposed to be restarting production next Wednesday, and it only takes 15 hours to build each car

You would thik they could manage by the summit which is not until November

It is a very prestigious event, and would be excellent opportunity to showcase the BZ4X

Question is why Toyota have pulled the car from the event ?

from My Toyota portal "It takes fifteen hours from the moment the rolled raw steel arrives to transform it into your vehicle"

7 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Screenshot_20220902-114952_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0c6fdd093a8007df0806baf6e0a1fa8.jpg

And last 4 days! 😊

Admiring of your optimism, and hoping you are correct

Given there is still silnce from Toyota, there still remains three possibilites:

1.  Fix is rolled out to existing vehicles , such as waiting in Derby.  Not great given they have all been sitting in baking hot sun for over 10 weeks, they will be covred in dust/dirt

2.  Existing vehicles at Derby scrapped/recycled or similar, and orders rebuilt from scratch at Japan, maybe best option.

3.  The nuclear option:  the vehicle is discontinued due to brand damage/major design fault....

All speculation / conjecture of course...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

It is a very prestigious event, and would be excellent opportunity to showcase the BZ4X

Question is why Toyota have pulled the car from the event ?

Toyota representatives would probably get bored of answering the same repeat question of " is this the new electric Toyota that got recalled because the wheels could fall of? " 

Anyway Toyota always have Paris 2024 to look forward as Toyota is the official material handling partner to the 2024 Olympic & Paralympic games.

The automotive side of Toyota is also involved in the Paris games to.

3 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Admiring of your optimism, and hoping you are correct

Given there is still silnce from Toyota, there still remains three possibilites:

1.  Fix is rolled out to existing vehicles , such as waiting in Derby.  Not great given they have all been sitting in baking hot sun for over 10 weeks, they will be covred in dust/dirt

2.  Existing vehicles at Derby scrapped/recycled or similar, and orders rebuilt from scratch at Japan, maybe best option.

3.  The nuclear option:  the vehicle is discontinued due to brand damage/major design fault....

All speculation / conjecture of course...

Option 2 please 😊

New cars often sit for days/weeks/months in the sun/dirt/dust before purchase. It is only on the past year that demand has shortened time from rolling off the line to customer delivery. My car sits in the sun every day - at least when it shines - without apparent harm. 

Aren't they part of the Hunter wheel alignment system ...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Aren't they part of the Hunter wheel alignment system ...

Yess right, looks like it.

Today I saw this pic on instagram posted by someone from Japan but I cant find the profile again.

I don't follow subaru forums.  Anyone heard any news from Subaru side? If they received email from Subaru or informed by dealers ?

I found below video, Subaru dealer claiming that "it is almost here" just uploaded. 

https://www.solterraforum.com/threads/we-get-a-car-in-a-couple-of-weeks.698/#post-7153

Subaru Canada has informed at least one dealer that the fix is in and being installed.  Dealer told customer that Solterra will be ready in a few weeks.

Crosses fingers ***

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

https://www.solterraforum.com/threads/we-get-a-car-in-a-couple-of-weeks.698/#post-7153

Subaru Canada has informed at least one dealer that the fix is in and being installed.  Dealer told customer that Solterra will be ready in a few weeks.

Crosses fingers ***

Yes thank you! I just saw your post in the other forum. This is great! 

late-late-show-james-corden.gif.b49d1699207d98e99eaf7eed7287a57c.gif 

• Sad 1

I guess we will get more updates from Subaru side than Toyota!

Subaru test drive this year here in the UK. Posted on 21th Aug. 

Screenshot_20220903-084639_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f71225bf457b0bb8aa01914dac7ec372.jpg

I am at my Toyota dealer atm for an Mot and service on our Auris. 

Spoke to the sales guy that sold us the Bz4x and while he didn't have any info on timetable etc, interesting snippet was the following 

The car that the wheel feel off was at 8k miles. They "drove" a large number of bZ4x to same milage and beyond. Toyota's main problem is (was?) that they been unable to duplicate the fault. 

Anyone at Chatsworth this weekend to ask them about the BZ4X as they seem to have focussed on the Mirai in the picture. 
That might be a BZ4X in the background?

61586E92-7287-49C0-8A09-9B83ED53FE34.jpeg

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

Spoke to the sales guy that sold us the Bz4x and while he didn't have any info on timetable etc, interesting snippet was the following 

The car that the wheel feel off was at 8k miles. They "drove" a large number of bZ4x to same milage and beyond. Toyota's main problem is (was?) that they been unable to duplicate the fault. 

My local dealer emailed me yesterday.

He didnt mention expected delivery date or fix has been found. But what I understand toyota japan could replica the failure. Email: It (thermal expenaion) has to do with some testing which was being carried out by Toyota in Japan, and was on one car.

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

Not sure the dealer knows what’s going on in this case.

from the US recall:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RMISC-22V444-4456.pdf

Toyota continued to investigate and conducted a driving test using mass production wheels and hub bolts that were tightened to specification. The testing showed that the hub bolts loosened under certain severe driving patterns.

48 minutes ago, Malop said:

Anyone at Chatsworth this weekend to ask them about the BZ4X as they seem to have focussed on the Mirai in the picture. 
That might be a BZ4X in the background?

61586E92-7287-49C0-8A09-9B83ED53FE34.jpeg

I guess yes it is bz4x. If the cars are belong to Toyota UK not local dealer then it is the same car at my avatar. I took that photo when I was at british motor show and there wasnt anyone from toyota uk. They just left bz4x in the show and left! 😕

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links