Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

And now the stupid questions begin

Primus1

Some amendments can be done via obd 2 port with suitable adapter and phone app and no need to bother with the dealer visits.
I use Carista and did changed a few things on the car to my likes plus the diagnostic capabilities all good for £47 a year subscribers and £35 for the adapter. It looks like they have now new upgraded version too. 
CARISTA OBD2 bluetooth Scanner and App for your VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Mini https://amzn.eu/d/gKriPqU

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, Impith said:

I'm pretty sure it is displayed on any of the 'Driving Information' set of screens since those are the ones I swap between. However, out of interest, I've just been and sat in my car and started a route with different categories on display, and at least the *first* turn instruction is displayed on the instrument cluster in every category. That surprised me because I will admit I didn't expect it for the Settings display at least! 

I am talking about the display as a turn approaches, where the turn display replaces whatever is shown otherwise. Are you referring to the Driver Support System screen which may (I don't know) replace the compass with a permanent display of the upcoming turn?

Yes I have the same comprehensive turn display using Smart Connect Navigation. April 21 Cross Excell with one over the air software update. It didn’t show the turn by turn prior to the update but works really very well now.

• Like 2

The beeping is normal; It usually triggers when a door is closed when the car is on but it can't sense the key any more. As you correctly surmise, it's an "Oi! I'm still on!" warning. It has saved me a couple times as I'm still not used to the car being totally silent when stationary, and have forgotten to turn it off more than a few times!!

On 1/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, IT Troll said:

Ah, perhaps the difference is I am using phone-based navigation. Perhaps that only shows on the Driver Support System screen. I'll give it a test next time.

I tested the two systems. You only get the pop-up approaching next turn display when using the in-built navigation. If you are using phone navigation (Apple CarPlay) this doesn't happen. However, you can switch the instrument cluster to the screen which shows permanent next turn directions and these will change as directed by the phone.

My preferred setup is CarPlay on the infotainment screen operating in split screen mode with, navigation, media playback and notifications. Then have the instrument cluster showing either trip economy or drive power distribution.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links