Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross accessories and improvements

anchorman

7 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Are you running it to a rear dashcam?

Be interested to see how it is running it through the lower door trims, if that's the route you're taking. I used my boss' cable pole to poke it through the headlining but it was a PITA because it kept snagging on stuff. Was wishing I'd bought a cheap endoscope to stick to it so I could see what the heck I kept getting stuck on :laugh: 

Honestly, you’re spending too much time sipping tea with Mr Khan, it’s affecting your hearing 😉.  I’m going through the top right umbilical 👍

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s a UK spec Cross not a Maybach.

That’s weird. The UK launch spec had them on Excel and above. Have they done some cost cutting?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

That’s weird. The UK launch spec had them on Excel and above. Have they done some cost cutting?

You mean for the sunvisor vanity mirrors?

• Like 2

Yes, vanity lights behind the sun visors which turn on when you slide the vanity mirror cover.

Vanity2.thumb.jpg.bc8e4e1a6accbaf0aefaed975be686f7.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

There’s a power socket under the dash Mark.  Works in the accessory position.  

Thanks, that’s useful, but actually don’t think I explained myself quite well enough - what I actually need is an analogue Auxiliary Audio Input, which is usually a 3.5mm audio socket - they used to fit these on cars as standard a few years back, but they seem to have dropped these from recent vehicle builds - just seem to fit digital USB sockets as the only way of getting sound into the audio system these days.

Maybe someone sells an adaptor that will plug into the Yaris Cross USB and give me an 3.5mm analogue audio input - anyone know of such?

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 2

The Excel Model I assume has a front sill guard but no rear guard.?

When mine arrives, I will have a Front & rear Dash Cam fitted & then let you know what route for cabling they take.

Tel

4 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

The Excel Model I assume has a front sill guard but no rear guard.?

When mine arrives, I will have a Front & rear Dash Cam fitted & then let you know what route for cabling they take.

Tel

Doesn’t have either.  If they make a decent job of fitting your cameras, you won’t know where the wire goes.  I’ve got the pan roof and I’m not going anywhere near the curtain airbag so mines going down the way.  I might have a change of plan and use a different camera.  Im experimenting at the moment!

• Like 1

So I will get Yaris Cross Scuff Plates, F&R Dash Cam,Mud Flaps & Bib Spoilers Front & Back if I get a good deal.

When I ordered in mid December I had no wheel Option ,No Panoramic roof & no JBL Option.

AWD Models 2022 models, in silver & white, with all the Options above, are available @ prices close to 40k & I have seen pre-owned cars north of 36K.

My Red Base Version, when Grimsby finally release it,will be rare.

Just need to develop rear scuff plates as Halfords no longer sell the Ribbed 3M Tape that was perfect for said application

Tel

• Like 1

Can anyone post on here please the Rear Spoiler fitting instructions because the part itself is dearer than the front & I fear the Dealer Cost maybe prohibitive ?

Thanks 

Tel

On 1/30/2023 at 12:20 AM, IT Troll said:

Yes, vanity lights behind the sun visors which turn on when you slide the vanity mirror cover.

Vanity2.thumb.jpg.bc8e4e1a6accbaf0aefaed975be686f7.jpg

Hate them.  The Missus does her makeup, gets in the car, drops the visor, opens the mirror and dies her makeup. 

Some time later she make shut the mirror. 

Then time for a lipstick refresh, and hair and lipstick just before we arrive. 

• Haha 3

Don, what is the switch, opposite from the USB socket?  Car on a slope, AWD? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Don, what is the switch, opposite from the USB socket?  Car on a slope, AWD? 

It’s hill descent control.  You engage it to go down a steep slippery hill and within the laws of physics it controls the speed of the car to walking pace.  

8 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Can anyone post on here please the Rear Spoiler fitting instructions because the part itself is dearer than the front & I fear the Dealer Cost maybe prohibitive ?

Thanks 

Tel

You mean the skirt?

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/544e4764-0f0d-416c-899c-51ecbbb82e16/Yaris-Cross_Rear_skirt_PW158_0D100_AIM_005_046_0.pdf

On 1/29/2023 at 11:27 PM, IT Troll said:

Double checked and it’s not got them.  Maybe because it’s got a pan roof 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks Don for your quick response.

Both Spoilers look easy to fit which will aid my negotiating skills @ the point of Sale.

Tel

Re the Dash Cam Dealer fit they must have Tech Up-Load as per above for the Next Base Cams they offer.

I will ask Devon Aygo.

Tel

18 hours ago, anchorman said:

Double checked and it’s not got them.  Maybe because it’s got a pan roof

Yeah, probably cut through the wiring when they took an angle grinder to your roof. 😜

Or they are just penny-pinching on the newer editions.

LaunchGoodies.thumb.png.a57642dc31a33633f462c8699a62db4f.png

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 12:42 AM, Motorola said:

Thanks, that’s useful, but actually don’t think I explained myself quite well enough - what I actually need is an analogue Auxiliary Audio Input, which is usually a 3.5mm audio socket - they used to fit these on cars as standard a few years back, but they seem to have dropped these from recent vehicle builds - just seem to fit digital USB sockets as the only way of getting sound into the audio system these days.

Maybe someone sells an adaptor that will plug into the Yaris Cross USB and give me an 3.5mm analogue audio input - anyone know of such?

Thanks,

Mark

Not sure if this might do it. Cheap enough to buy and try...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09874Q33W/

19 hours ago, anchorman said:

Double checked and it’s not got them.  Maybe because it’s got a pan roof 🤷🏻‍♂️

That just means you've got sunvisors that won't spring back and smack you in the face when you go over a bump! :wacko: :laugh: 

(I'm only half-joking - This is a genuine problem in mine!! :eek: :laugh:  flash reckoned it's the electrical contacts in the sunvisor arm acting like a spring... :unsure:)

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 10:28 PM, anchorman said:

On 1/29/2023 at 1:59 PM, anchorman said:

Took a photo for you……

E489D27C-4949-4369-B2FD-11C7732A8E29.jpeg

Bit late for Don, but this reminded me, you can get right angle connectors which would be less obstrustive again. 

Plenty to chose from though take care to get the right one.  I think you need a left angle. 

The other problem is cable length.  They tend to be very short or too long. 

If your phone has USB C there appears to be a bigger selection. 

• Like 2

Probably only avaliable in japan (or maybe here in europe on eBay or something). But funny how accessories is avaliable on this little car.

Toyota Genuine Accessories for Yaris Cross

https://easycars.jp/product/toyota-accessories-for-yaris-cross/

https://www.modellista.co.jp/en/product/yariscross/selection/

This woodgrain Luggage Deck is my favorit 😄

image.thumb.png.9b9e15b49f44f7492606d39c5c654b44.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some useful and bonkers things in the first link. My favourite is the light which projects the car logo onto the road. 

• Like 1

Re- the challenge of fitting the Rear Dashcam.

Is the cable too short for running it along the carpet route & ,assuming it is, can it not be extended as said unit is offered for all Models.?

Tel

15 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Re- the challenge of fitting the Rear Dashcam.

Is the cable too short for running it along the carpet route & ,assuming it is, can it not be extended as said unit is offered for all Models.?

Tel

I’ve got a Viafo A129 and I’ve bought a quality screened 8m cable.  I’ll thread it along the lower door cappings and up to the drivers side umbilical to keep well away from the DAB antenna.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links