Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Yaris' just noisy cars?

clonzana

It seems very surface dependent - Some roads are whisper quiet, but I've been on some where the road noise has been deafening!

The worst is worn tarmac where the tar has worn leaving a rough surface of all the stones that make up the core, and the sandy concrete slabs they use on sections of the M25, e.g. around the A3

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 7:44 PM, Cyker said:

It seems very surface dependent - Some roads are whisper quiet, but I've been on some where the road noise has been deafening!

The worst is worn tarmac where the tar has worn leaving a rough surface of all the stones that make up the core, and the sandy concrete slabs they use on sections of the M25, e.g. around the A3

The worst road I’ve ever been on are the concrete autobahns in Germany, it’s just bump, bump, bump over the expansion joints 😤

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 7:44 PM, Cyker said:

the sandy concrete slabs they use on sections of the M25, e.g. around the A3

We lived near that section 40+ years ago when it was opened. The noise is down to the grooves that are cut in the concrete to improve braking traction.

Before then they cut the grooves at a regular spacing but that produced a whine that caused many people to head for the hard shoulder thinking their drive train was about to expire. So then they adopted a random spacing so it's just a horrible noise.

We got several £k of compensation for the loss of value to our house. (Moved to Cheshire not long after. 🙂 )

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikeSh said:

We got several £k of compensation for the loss of value to our house. (Moved to Cheshire not long after. 🙂 )

That's one smart cat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links