Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

12 hours ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Yesterday I tested the remote heating on my Corolla TS in preparation for the colder months using the MyToyota APP after setting this I entered the car after a few minutes and drove off then “ Profile cannot be synced “ kept appearing on display screen every few minutes or so. It’s very distracting whilst driving and using the Sat Nav mode, it may be yet another bug in the MyToyota app ( of which there seem to be many! )

After completing my journey and pressing “Continue “on the error  message instead of “Cancel” my Username was correctly shown, but the password was missing, I entered the MyToyota APP password and this seemed to clear the message.

So if you intend to use the remote heating function from the App please be warned you may see this error message. I believe the same message has been noted on the BZ4x forum and reported to Toyota Tech developers 

And it's worth noting that if your password contains upper case characters the reluctance of the on-screen keyboard to switch to uppers can be a tad frustrating. Perseverance is required.

Perseverance is definitely required. I had to log in to my multimedia system a couple of days ago and it took ages to get the uppercase to work

On 11/8/2023 at 8:41 AM, Basil-BarryC said:

Yesterday I tested the remote heating on my Corolla TS in preparation for the colder months using the MyToyota APP after setting this I entered the car after a few minutes and drove off then “ Profile cannot be synced “ kept appearing on display screen every few minutes or so. It’s very distracting whilst driving and using the Sat Nav mode, it may be yet another bug in the MyToyota app ( of which there seem to be many! )

After completing my journey and pressing “Continue “on the error  message instead of “Cancel” my Username was correctly shown, but the password was missing, I entered the MyToyota APP password and this seemed to clear the message.

So if you intend to use the remote heating function from the App please be warned you may see this error message. I believe the same message has been noted on the BZ4x forum and reported to Toyota Tech developers 

Tried this, this morning same issue.

I logged in before I left the driveway, did two trips one to the supermarket about 5 miles, and then to a friends to drop off some groceries.

It used to be that each trip would show after a subsequent trip but not this time.

Have tried deactivating and reactivating the connected services no luck there either.

3 hours ago, scabad said:

Tried this, this morning same issue.

I logged in before I left the driveway, did two trips one to the supermarket about 5 miles, and then to a friends to drop off some groceries.

It used to be that each trip would show after a subsequent trip but not this time.

Have tried deactivating and reactivating the connected services no luck there either.

I have factory reset the car, deleted the app reinstalled the app from the play store logged in and added my car, I have activated remote services in the app but now the remote services like locking the car and setting the remote heating has vanished from the app.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. 

Earlier I would have said no problems now, except is said Add Vehicle.   A reboot fixed that but 3 short trips today, the first 3 hours ago, have yet to appear.

2 hours ago, scabad said:

I have factory reset the car, deleted the app reinstalled the app from the play store logged in and added my car, I have activated remote services in the app but now the remote services like locking the car and setting the remote heating has vanished from the app.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. 

Update.

I have been trying to sort this problem out all day.

I decided to completely go back to the start, I deleted everything on the car again by resetting the system completely both by doing a factory reset in the system menu and the pressing and holding the on off button for three seconds.

I then deleted my account with Toyota and re-registered this seems to have reinstated everything including remote heating controls etc.

@Roy124 I don't yet know if the trips are being recorded as I haven't been out on any drives since resetting. 

I'll keep you updated.

• Thanks 1

The new app finally updated itself and everything that was on the old app has now appeared, Inc trips and service history etc.

• Like 2

Hi there. Just went from the old to the new app. First of no fuel range is shown. But more seriously after a while both hybrid coaching and warning light menu disappear. Finally no trips have been recorded at all for today. I deinstalled and reinstall it, but same results. This is truly an awful app. Inexcusable. Toyota must fix it ASAP. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nixy said:

Hi there. Just went from the old to the new app. First of no fuel range is shown. But more seriously after a while both hybrid coaching and warning light menu disappear. Finally no trips have been recorded at all for today. I deinstalled and reinstall it, but same results. This is truly an awful app. Inexcusable. Toyota must fix it ASAP. 

I ended up resetting everything car and app I agree this needs sorting it goes from bad to worse to good then awful.

I just wish they would sort it properly. 

I have a friend that has a mini clubman and the car connects no problem and all information records no problem. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Morizo aka Mr Toyoda, is aware of the crappie apps from toyota Europe! Also gave a one star review at Google store. Let's see if and how they react! 

• Like 1

Apparently he's quite the petrolhead so I feel it's unlikely he'd even use them. I don't even understand why they even bothered wasting money on this sort of thing - It's the sort of thing I'd expect in premium vehicles, not these.

It needs a lot of money invested into infrastructure to make this sort of thing work well, otherwise you get... well... this. The money could have been better used elsewhere...

I just wish there was a way to confirm it's disabled in the car, as I don't trust the security of it and don't want my car even connecting to it!

As a techno nerd, if it's there, I expect it to work.

Trips 2 and 3 are there today but not trip one.

What is important is OTA updates.  Android Auto is good to have. System configuration allows for tailoring the systems to match your needs.

The App adds nothing to the driving experience. It does nothing inside the car.  The servicing data might have some utility but why stop at servicing?  Why not include insurance, road tax and MOT?

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 11:16 AM, DaveST said:

Well, after the total shambles yesterday with the app not working at all (along with the MyToyota customer portal on the website) it all seems to be fixed again.  My Corolla didn't recognise me though, and had to login once more.  At least the cars are reliable!  The app still needs some work though. The "where to" screen needs to change the title to "Where's my car".

That's worse than the dog not recognising you

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scabad said:

Update.

I have been trying to sort this problem out all day.

I decided to completely go back to the start, I deleted everything on the car again by resetting the system completely both by doing a factory reset in the system menu and the pressing and holding the on off button for three seconds.

I then deleted my account with Toyota and re-registered this seems to have reinstated everything including remote heating controls etc.

@Roy124 I don't yet know if the trips are being recorded as I haven't been out on any drives since resetting. 

I'll keep you updated.

The worst thing about completely resetting everything is, that I've lost all my navigation favourites I don't use android auto as I have all my music on a memory stick. I know I could use my phone when connected to the port but it's just my personal preference.

Does anyone know if it's possible to save the destinations on a USB like I did on my previous Corolla a 2019 plate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nixy said:

Agreed. But if you do it, do it damn right! 

Definitely - It's just not good enough leaving it in such a state. Alas with software development getting sloppier and sloppier in all sectors, I'm not confident it'll improve any time soon...

• Like 1

MyToyota started working again after I loged out and then back in all data was quick to load back up.

But its a pain as this should all happen in the background or when I open the app.

When the site is down for updating then it should at least give this out on the app.

• Like 1

Derek, I have had to reboot my phone almost every other time I access the App.

Just now first four trips display but the last still outstanding. 

I also have to refresh the App too

• Like 1

I can’t even get onto the app, it just logs out …

I received this email a few days ago. I suspect it refers to the 2.3.0 version of the software. Luckily I hadn't installed the latest update, so I wasn't affected

Unfortunately we have a login issue using Face ID / Biometrics that we are working hard to resolve. In the meantime, you can get around the issue by disabling Face ID in your settings (and restart the app).

You can also open the MyToyota app and allow Face ID to fail (e.g. turn the mobile away) and then cancel the Face ID reattempt, which would allow you to sign in with your phone number/email. This should lead to a successful login, after which you can re-enable Face ID if you had switched it off.

Once again, we are very sorry for this issue and we will aim to resolve it as soon as possible.

If you would like further assistance, please email us at mytapp@toyota-europe.com.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Connected Services Support

13 hours ago, scabad said:

The worst thing about completely resetting everything is, that I've lost all my navigation favourites I don't use android auto as I have all my music on a memory stick. I know I could use my phone when connected to the port but it's just my personal preference.

Does anyone know if it's possible to save the destinations on a USB like I did on my previous Corolla a 2019 plate.

Update after four journeys.

On first getting into the car this morning I had to longin to the system.

After my second trip I checked the app nothing had registered. I had put several local destinations in the Sat Nav, when I tried to voice activate I simply got "I'm having trouble understanding you" and "sorry there has been a server error" when I got to my third location I checked the app again it showed only the that journey the first two were missing, at my final location it showed that journey too.

The system really needs sorting as someone said previously if they're offering a service then it should work properly. 

12 hours ago, Derek.w said:

MyToyota started working again after I loged out and then back in all data was quick to load back up.

But its a pain as this should all happen in the background or when I open the app.

When the site is down for updating then it should at least give this out on the app.

This new app is crap. Period. I wander if the US app has similar problems. A company like Toyota that has won repeatedly the Le Mans race and others with all the ultra sofisticated software required to do so, has no excuses serving this awful app to their customers, who actually pay for the hypercar's extravanza. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Nixy said:

This new app is crap. Period. I wander if the US app has similar problems. A company like Toyota that has won repeatedly the Le Mans race and others with all the ultra sofisticated software required to do so, has no excuses serving this awful app to their customers, who actually pay for the hypercar's extravanza. 

Works absolutely fine for both me and the memsahib for both of our cars. No problems whatsoever transitioning from the old app to the new one. It would have been nicer if they had not removed the trips history from the website version and also the ability to export it to a csv file for external analysis but hey, software evolves.

If you are so upset by it perhaps you could ask Toyota for a refund on the amount that you have spent on the App.

• Like 1

Hey SB, either u r the lucky one or the genius of the bunch. For all  others on this topic tough luck. Right? 😒

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links