Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just got rid of my 2.0ltr this week

gazooracer

These with the solid doors feel is also because of the door/window seals and not only from the weight of the actual door.
If something is loos in the door card or the seal is broken or partly damaged it will make these light cheap feeling when open and close. My Auris from 2010 has very nice door close sounds, similar to vw golf, Passat etc. 

• Like 3

On 3/6/2024 at 5:46 PM, bigblock said:

So the Toyota is poor build quality and too flimsy and light weight with poor fittings and materials. Plus high risk of death in an accident. So why did you bother with Toyota in the first place? You must have compared Toyota to previous vehicles you have had to be able to make a comparison and a decision to try out a Toyota. So it's a rubbish brand but I will have one anyway. Just doesn't add up does it?  As for Ford. I gave up on the 'stack um high'  'sell um cheap' brigade years ago.

Lol, no need to take it personal, I only expressed my view mate. If you have Toyota enjoy it. I bought that car to use it as a mini cab, chose it cuz I needed a reliable and economical car which didn't come true in my case. Had I have a choice other than my work I had never spent that kind of money for a brand like Toyota. I went for Ford as I was broke and went for a 18reg titanium with automatic transmission for only £6400 the figure you can never buy a Toyota hybrid for but I only mentioned Ford here because sometimes going expensive isn't the solution to your problem. Every car goes down in value brother and I don't think Toyota is any exception to that, every reliable, easy to fix and economical car holds value to a certain extent, Toyota does it a bit more as it's been reliable over the years which it isn't anymore. The type of customer service & things Toyota has started doing, to me, whoever did that in the past didn't take long before the rivals took over.

• Like 1

I do enjoy my Toyota and it's such a shame you didn't enjoy yours. As this is a Toyota Owners Forum I had to defend my corner so to speak. Sorry for the outburst and I hope you have better luck with your Ford.

• Like 2

I have run Japanese cars for the last 25 years - Honda  - Mazda - Toyota and never had a problem with any of them.

Had two brand new Hyundai i30n Performance in early 2021 and both cars were nightmares.  First car rejected at 250 miles due to a gearbox failure.  The second car rejected at 700 miles due to a major oil leak on the gearbox + many rattles in the dash.  After that I bought a new Mazda 3 GT Sport, absolutely fault free during two years of ownership and 20,000 miles.

I took delivery of a new Corolla 2ltr GR Sport Hatchback in October 2023, now has 4000 miles on the clock and I'm very impressed with the car, run on Shell v power since new.  Excellent MPG, performance and handling. Good build quality and It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, 

Edited by Mr Billiards
text added

I always drove cheap under £425 old rear wheel drive old Volvo's. Drove my Nans Volvo 340 for 5 years and even though a named driver, earnt a NCD.

1986 2.3l 740GLE estate was my first bought car £425 in 2002. Then in 2009 a 1989 Volvo 240GLT Auto estate £350, sold 2018 for £500 with 234,000miles. Ran great. Then in 2016 a 1996 Volvo 940 LPT auto estate. £250, still have this as my work van.

Always liked old Volvo's for reliability, ease of maintenance and comfort. 

Bought a Lexus IS 220D one day on eBay, thinking diesel cheap to run and fancied a safer vehicle for 2nd car.

Collected it, all good but AC needed new rad which I fitted and 13 months later new tyres all round and shortly after after 19 months the head gasket went! My fault as a well known issue. Should of got the IS250 Auto. Loved the build quality of Lexus but not the Turbo lag and mismatched 6 speed gearbox.

Wanted another car and thought about a used Volvo but modern ones not like the old ones. Decided on Toyota after looking online at Skoda Octavia. 

Bought a 2015 Auris Hybrid estate, hybrid swung it and a few more toys. Not as characterful  compared to my 940, it's proven reliable, cheap to run transport though. An A to B car. Only on 49,000 miles. Volvo 940 B230FK 2.3 petrol on 209,000 miles.

fleet.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:23 PM, Yowsah said:

I have honestly had no problems with my 2.0 litre TS GR Sport. I love it. It’s a great car and hopefully will give me trouble free motoring for years to come. I feel so sorry for the op who has had a rough time with his Corolla but it is not really fair to advise the forum members to avoid the 2.0litre at all costs and to describe the vehicle in the terms that he does. His vehicle could be described in such terms but I certainly couldn’t do the same with the experience gained so far with my vehicle.

Wish you all the best with your GR Sport, may it lasts you forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigblock said:

I do enjoy my Toyota and it's such a shame you didn't enjoy yours. As this is a Toyota Owners Forum I had to defend my corner so to speak. Sorry for the outburst and I hope you have better luck with your Ford.

I fully understand you and I was a big fan of Toyota myself once, I even made my brother buy it too, lol. All the justifications I am being given here by others for It to be light weight I once used to give these myself, lol. It was nearly impossible to convince my brother as he is a Merc fan boy, you miss the feel of Merc, that's so obvious. So when all that happened to me I had no face left to face him. My whole outcry is to warn others just to avoid the possible catch out there which can be avoided if the new buyers know all this. Despite so many cases, Toyota never initiated any callbacks for the issue which is a shame for a brand of that size and reputation.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:56 AM, Niky said:

I've driven few different brands over the years- 2 Kias, old petrol Corolla, diesel Clio, and old BMW 320 petrol....

2006 1.9 Diesel Octavia with DSG - lots of costly problems once it hit 120k miles.  DSG, Electrical, calipers issues, the list goes on and on.... I loved the car, but had to get rid of it

2006 1.8 Petrol Avensis - super reliable car, but needed something better on fuel for my 20ish k miles per year

2013 1.6 diesel Civic - absolutely faultless vehicle, but upcoming ULEZ in London pushed me to get rid of it. Checked its latest MOT 174k miles still passing without any advisories. 

And the Corolla 2022 1.8 TS now - almost went for the 2L engine, but the running cost(fuel, insurance, PPC) put me off

I really wanted to stick with Honda, but their 10th generation with turbo engines put me off the brand. I still check the Civiforum time to time and read horrible stories for the 11th gen hybrid Civic

My experience(also from friends) Toyota and Honda (at least Honda used to) have the best cost effective cars to run. Not talking about reliability, but cost of running - which is pretty much the same. They all have issues, and need a certain maintenance, but thinking of general maintenance, servicing and consumables for a car......

Toyotas usually don't need timing chain replacing, their suspension is made to last, 1.8 petrol engine is bomb proof, electrics are pretty good without many issues, specifically for hybrid cars -  brakes last longer than regular ones, no DPF, no clutch, no turbo, no gearbox(eCVT have 0 issue records as long as I am aware) no starter, no alternator, no auxiliary belt, etc.....

This is why I picked a Corolla, and today is exactly 2 years since I have it. 39k miles so far and I am happy with my choice. Not a perfect vehicle, it has its pros and cons, but the running cost and reliability is the most important bit in any vehicle for me( and yes I want a Lexus ES300H, but haven't grown enough to have one, yet 😀 )

Apart of an odd infotainment system glitch(had it reinstalled by the dealer), and wheel alignment because it was pulling slightly to the left I haven't had any other issues - I know its only 2 years and 39k miles yet, but that's exactly what I've been expecting from Toyota. Hopefully the case for another 5 years and 100k miles more

A friend has a es300h and his injectors have just had problems 😳😳😳😳

• Sad 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:56 AM, Niky said:

I've driven few different brands over the years- 2 Kias, old petrol Corolla, diesel Clio, and old BMW 320 petrol....

2006 1.9 Diesel Octavia with DSG - lots of costly problems once it hit 120k miles.  DSG, Electrical, calipers issues, the list goes on and on.... I loved the car, but had to get rid of it

2006 1.8 Petrol Avensis - super reliable car, but needed something better on fuel for my 20ish k miles per year

2013 1.6 diesel Civic - absolutely faultless vehicle, but upcoming ULEZ in London pushed me to get rid of it. Checked its latest MOT 174k miles still passing without any advisories. 

And the Corolla 2022 1.8 TS now - almost went for the 2L engine, but the running cost(fuel, insurance, PPC) put me off

I really wanted to stick with Honda, but their 10th generation with turbo engines put me off the brand. I still check the Civiforum time to time and read horrible stories for the 11th gen hybrid Civic

My experience(also from friends) Toyota and Honda (at least Honda used to) have the best cost effective cars to run. Not talking about reliability, but cost of running - which is pretty much the same. They all have issues, and need a certain maintenance, but thinking of general maintenance, servicing and consumables for a car......

Toyotas usually don't need timing chain replacing, their suspension is made to last, 1.8 petrol engine is bomb proof, electrics are pretty good without many issues, specifically for hybrid cars -  brakes last longer than regular ones, no DPF, no clutch, no turbo, no gearbox(eCVT have 0 issue records as long as I am aware) no starter, no alternator, no auxiliary belt, etc.....

This is why I picked a Corolla, and today is exactly 2 years since I have it. 39k miles so far and I am happy with my choice. Not a perfect vehicle, it has its pros and cons, but the running cost and reliability is the most important bit in any vehicle for me( and yes I want a Lexus ES300H, but haven't grown enough to have one, yet 😀 )

Apart of an odd infotainment system glitch(had it reinstalled by the dealer), and wheel alignment because it was pulling slightly to the left I haven't had any other issues - I know its only 2 years and 39k miles yet, but that's exactly what I've been expecting from Toyota. Hopefully the case for another 5 years and 100k miles more

Dealers can make a bit of bad luck worse than it needs to be,  my own experience with injector failure resulted in dealer putting in 4 new injectors.

Now the other 3 cars I know about that have had injector issues went to a different dealer and that dealer just replaced the 1 faulty part... Fast forward a few months and all 3 cars have injector problems again.... This time they go to the dealer I visited and all 4 injectors were replaced under warranty.... None of these cars have problems since but it's only been 12 months so probably 40-60,000 miles as all taxi's. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, taxidriver50005 said:

the other 3 cars I know about that have had injector

Are they all 2L corollas? What year are they all

15 minutes ago, taxidriver50005 said:

Interesting to hear that. The 2.5L has a very good reputation for reliability. What year is it? 

Could the injector issues be related to e specific year cars?

4 minutes ago, Niky said:

Are they all 2L corollas? What year are they all

Interesting to hear that. The 2.5L has a very good reputation for reliability. What year is it? 

Could the injector issues be related to e specific year cars?

2019 so dynamic force motor similar to 2.0   also yaris 1.5 have had issues too, new model with direct injectors 

Oh and yes all 2.0 2019-2020

Edited by taxidriver50005
More info

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links