Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

3 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Is the 130 engine worth it? I was sat in the Premier the other day while waiting for my wife's car to be serviced. Very, very tempted. They fixed some of my annoyances with the current model, as well as it having some nice toys.

One of the few criticisms I had of my Yaris and Cross was that you had to plan your overtakes carefully because it quickly ran out of steam.  I personally would choose a 130 but I wouldn’t trust it until it’s got a few miles on.  I’m quite convinced that they have a programmed lack of power for the first 1000 miles or so.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

One of the few criticisms I had of my Yaris and Cross was that you had to plan your overtakes carefully because it quickly ran out of steam.  I personally would choose a 130 but I wouldn’t trust it until it’s got a few miles on.  I’m quite convinced that they have a programmed lack of power for the first 1000 miles or so.  

I would totally agree with that thought...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Is the 130 engine worth it?

So far, for me (subjectively), the answer to that question would be a yes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CPN said:

I would totally agree with that thought...

I’ve had it with every new Toyota and Lexus.  They get a few miles on and all of a sudden they go a lot better.  

• Like 5

I've noticed similar on all 3 hybrids... At least with how theHV Battery charges/discharges (same temp, speed location but Battery charges/discharges at different rate. Also feels like response/performance varies. Particularly noticed going auris to auris. My guess is that it can influence your drive style, but if you need full power stamp on the accelerator. 

Pure guess work based on input from mk 1 butt. 

• Like 3

I’m thinking it’s a positive defeat device to protect the engine during the running in period.  

• Like 5

Meh... £10k to change my car! Seems the trade-in values have dropped off a cliff. I would need to sell privately to get what it is worth, and then the discount on the new car is still pretty much non-existent. 😓

The changes to the new car are more extensive than it first appears. Parking mine alongside the new version (all changes are the new car):

* Ride height is about 0.5" higher

* Car has more front rake

* Windshield line is brought further back

* Roof line is more curved

* Wing mirrors are a smudge wider

* Steering is lighter and much more positive

* Suspension is tuned and is even more firm/even less body roll in corners and virtually no nose dip even under hard braking

* Front suspension/geometry improved resulting in much reduced loss of traction/no loss of traction in aggressive cornering under power

* More refined power delivery

I didn't really get to try any of the improved electronics. TSS 3.0 seems to have a new feature where it will steer away from kerbs even though steering assist is off. I saw this behavior on the Corolla and hated it. I still couldn't find a way to totally disable this feature.

I like it, but not enough to pay another £10k.

• Like 5

@YarisHybrid2016 I take it you are talking 2024 Yaris Cross?

If so, the front end/grille has also had a bit of a makeover which I prefer to the older model.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CPN said:

@YarisHybrid2016 I take it you are talking 2024 Yaris Cross?

No. 2024 Yaris GR Sport (digital dash and other changes).

• Like 3

Just now, YarisHybrid2016 said:

No. 2024 Yaris GR Sport (digital dash and other changes).

Ah right! Yes, there are a lot of very subtle dimension changes (amongst others) between my old Launch Edition and our new Premiere also...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CPN said:

If so, the front end/grille has also had a bit of a makeover which I prefer to the older model.

I think the Cross model in the showroom is still the Mk.1.0. I think the Mk.1.5 is out later this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's weird that it's higher - Did they forget to put the 'sports suspension' on the 2024 GR Sport? :laugh: 

I'm going to wait until they see sense and put heated seats in or something; I can't justify dropping another £10k that I don't have just for 15 more HP, and I only want that for the higher-speed MG2 running; My one is fast enough for my needs!!

Actually CPN, how fast have you been able to hold the car on EV-only?

On a flat with no wind it's around 59-60mph in my one, albeit not for long before it drops to 3 bars of charge and the engine fires up!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Actually CPN, how fast have you been able to hold the car on EV-only?

On a flat with no wind it's around 59-60mph in my one.

There were a couple of times on the flatter A1(M) sections when it had enough Battery (~60% SoC) and it seemed to hang on in EV mode for an age at (a true) 70mph! (it didn't gulp the juice out of the Battery as fast as I thought it would during this time either...)

It hit a slow incline when it got to just under 50% and of course the ICE kicked in but the inst. mpg was showing 80-90mpg up that slow incline! (both MG2 & the ICE roughly sharing the load...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That is pretty dang cool :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

That is pretty dang cool :thumbsup: 

Yes it is! I kept nudging the wife going "Look at that! Look look!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm guessing her opinion differed... :laugh: 

• Haha 3

Can you say, disinterested? 😴

• Haha 5

Just asking out of curiosity Colin what are the standard factory fitted tyres on the premiere edition.

3 minutes ago, G L J said:

Just asking out of curiosity Colin what are the standard factory fitted tyres on the premiere edition.

Same as on our previous Launch Edition. Bridgestone 205/45R17 84W

• Like 1

Completed some cosmetic stuff today, courtesy of AliExpress (lol!)

Piano black caps for all the doors to complete the look started(!) by Toyota! (cheapskates that they are!)

PXL_20240419_142302875.thumb.jpg.078dce6003ff1c242a75fb5b9b58ca14.jpg

PXL_20240419_142503541.thumb.jpg.48e6b01f3379b2fd583d778ef737e558.jpg

(just noticed that I took that photo before I'd wiped it off properly!)

Plus a full set of appropriately blue piped non-slip mats for all the various orifices that could generate rattling noises if objects are left in them!

PXL_20240419_163029915.thumb.jpg.8506d6f2c44f2a02e89de5c6f3b5b7f9.jpg PXL_20240419_163123614.thumb.jpg.18d54b5a2367a4f00c0dc7363536848b.jpg

...and yes, I know I've covered the wireless charger with a mat but since I was able to re-install my phone bracket to almost the same place as in the Red Baron, it will only get used rarely anyway...

The mats work really well especially the one in front of the passenger seat where SWMBO tends to dump her house keys! 🤣

• Like 6

That little mat looks useful. Do you have a link to it at all? Damned if I can find it on AliExpress 

Thanks 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

That little mat looks useful. Do you have a link to it at all? Damned if I can find it on AliExpress 

The mats

(the cup holder double one doesn't quite work as is but if you cut the straight bit out and separate them, it does for each cup holder)

The caps

If you get the caps, you need to use an alcohol wipe and make sure all the areas of the panel are squeaky clean before you offer it up. Line it up properly with the protective tapes removed and then use a LOT of downward pressure to make sure it sticks. (check they fit before removing the tapes)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CPN said:

The mats

The caps

Nice one 

Thanks 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CPN said:

Completed some cosmetic stuff today, courtesy of AliExpress (lol!)

Piano black caps for all the doors to complete the look started(!) by Toyota! (cheapskates that they are!)

PXL_20240419_142302875.thumb.jpg.078dce6003ff1c242a75fb5b9b58ca14.jpg

PXL_20240419_142503541.thumb.jpg.48e6b01f3379b2fd583d778ef737e558.jpg

(just noticed that I took that photo before I'd wiped it off properly!)

Plus a full set of appropriately blue piped non-slip mats for all the various orifices that could generate rattling noises if objects are left in them!

PXL_20240419_163029915.thumb.jpg.8506d6f2c44f2a02e89de5c6f3b5b7f9.jpg PXL_20240419_163123614.thumb.jpg.18d54b5a2367a4f00c0dc7363536848b.jpg

...and yes, I know I've covered the wireless charger with a mat but since I was able to re-install my phone bracket to almost the same place as in the Red Baron, it will only get used rarely anyway...

The mats work really well especially the one in front of the passenger seat where SWMBO tends to dump her house keys! 🤣

Hope the insurance police aren’t watching. 🥸

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Hope the insurance police aren’t watching. 🥸

Pah! They can do one!! :rifle:

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links