Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbies

kimi

Hey there,

First post here, I own a golden metalic colored 2002 Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTi...

Looks like a nice forum, hope I can be useful and get advice :)

Cheers !

• 4 weeks later...

:P hey every one, been looking through the forums for quite a long time jst finnally registered found out a hell of alot of stuff from this site, and hopefully you can all help me out and i will do ma best back :P

'ello guys

just got myself another yaris, after nearly two years of suzuki... and i love it!

ive been fully converted now, and ive only had the thing 2 days!

love it love it love it love it!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, thought i would say hello to you all.

Been looking around the site and i must say it looks good.

My Yaris is a zinc diesel reg 12th june 07, cant believe the power from

a 1360 cc engine, im very impressed, 2500 rpm at 70 mph is very good.

anyone with a diesel tried BP ultimate or Shell extra? they make such

a difference to my car.

Hope to be on here often.

Hey

Just took possession of my flame gold (eek!) 2001 Yaris today. Really glad I checked on here as I too have been having trouble with the clutch. Guess i'm getting used to it already!

My car came with no manual (so far, the garage say they'll look for it, lol) so i'm toiling a bit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Louisxiv

Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker (gathering info) before finally taking a large plunge into Toyota ownership.

My wife picked up a new Yaris TR in Decuma grey a week ago and she loves it. I think its a really impressive car with a surprising amount of kit inside (completely unexpected for a small car)

I currently drive a Golf 1.8T, until tomorrow when i shall be collecting my Auris 2.0 D4D in silver steel - can't wait.

Mr T (and in particular, my local toyota) must !Removed! love us!

anyways, looking forward to participating in the forums.

Gareth

Hi everyone,

Collected my new Yaris TR D4D in Eclipse Black 2 weeks ago. Just hit 1,000 miles and so far its been brilliant. Got it for £9,775. Complete bargain.

Hi everyone :D I just bought a 2002 plate 1.3 5 door Yaris CDX in black which has only done 32650 miles :thumbsup: I am happy so far apart from a few things i'm hoping you guys can help me with, as I am not clued up about cars & this is my first Toyota.

I don't have a user manual, & therefore have had to 'explore' the car myself.

I have had to lower the seat as far as it goes, & lift the steering wheel up to make room for my knees (long legs) but then had to move the seat forward a little to make my arms more comfortable when holding the wheel, which brings my knees closer to the wheel, again :blink: Does anyone else have this problem?

Gutted that there are only Speakers in the front! Can I put Speakers in the back?

The wing mirrors look a bit naff, can they be replaced with nicer ones (& have the electrics still working)?

I am disappointed the sunroof isn't electric as the windows & mirrors are.

And why when I did a search for CDX on this forum did it return no results?? :huh:

Hi everyone :D I just bought a 2002 plate 1.3 5 door Yaris CDX in black which has only done 32650 miles :thumbsup: I am happy so far apart from a few things i'm hoping you guys can help me with, as I am not clued up about cars & this is my first Toyota.

Welcome El_En. Welcome to TOC and Toyota ownership.

Well done on finding this thread to say hello. But you might have more chance of getting answers to your questions if you post them as a new thread in the Yaris section.

I'll try to answer a couple for you now though.

For a manual - check ebay; there's always a few for sale, but you may have to wait a while to find the right one for your year of car. However, look for people selling bits from a 'breaking for spares' Yaris of the right year as they may well have one.

Yes, of course you can put Speakers in the back. If the wiring's already there it's a doddle, if not then routing the wires will take a bit longer. Your head unit may or may not be up to fading the level between the existing front and new rear Speakers so you might want to upgrade it. Plenty of stuff in the Yaris and the Electrical sections on this, and plenty of people who know the specifics if you have any questions.

The search facility doesn't work well with short words - that's I think to stop searches for words like An, The etc as they'd find every post evAR. However, spare a thought for us MR2 owners as it doesn't even work for MR2

Regards, Tony

That's great, thank you so much ;)

So, I need the electrics dept for the Speakers info. I guess perhaps the mirrors may be in there too. Will go there! Thanks again :thumbsup:

That's great, thank you so much ;)

So, I need the electrics dept for the speakers info. I guess perhaps the mirrors may be in there too. Will go there! Thanks again :thumbsup:

Sorry, I've misled you slightly.

Audio/Video/Electronics section is good for any information that isn't specific to a particular model of car. So if you do want a new head unit, or information about various makes of speaker then that's probably the place. But for specifics of the size of rear speaker for a Yaris the info is probably in the Yaris section. Mirrors again - if they're specific to Yaris you'll probably find info in the Yaris section.

HTH,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Im new here so thought I would drop a wee message introducing myself.

I have just new acquired a Yaris for the first time yesterday. A 53 plate 1.0 T3 which I am more than happy with. Wish I'd bought it sooner as my previous car was an 02 plate Corsa :blink:

Anyways Im 23 from Dundee but living in Edinburgh now.

Here's a picture of my car, not the best as it was just taken outside my house on my camera phone. First plans are to lower it as you can fit a childs head under the arches, and then get some rims for it but I am unsure of what to go for, any suggestions peeps?? Comments welcome :)

DSC00587.jpg

Hello all,

Just made the first payment for a Yaris and I'm going to pick it up next Wednesday. My last car was a '99 Mazda 323F 1,8 (BJ). The new(ish) Yaris is a 1.0 litre 3-door model first registered 2006/11 and used as a dealer-owned replacement/show car. It's got ca 1800 miles on it. Here in Estonia the equipment level is called Linea Sol, equivalent to T3 used in the UK. It's got tint and alloys (yet to be fitted by the dealer) as extras and the colour's called Cosmic Blue (Vivid Blue - Mica in the UK, apparently).

Sure the 1-litre engine rattles and struggles under acceleration, but I hope the mileage and low insurance make up for the sometimes diesel-like soundtrack. Otherwise, the car made a good impression (obviously, as I bought the thing). The engine noise doesn't really bother when doing steady city speed (as it will be doing 95% of the time). As mentioned in almost all reviews, storage space is plenty and the cabin feels really spaceous. Even the rear seats can be used by two adults without feeling cramped.

Here are a few shots from the ad- more to come when I get my hands on the thing.

6975653uu7.jpg

6975644dw7.jpg

6975647hi0.jpg

BR,

Margo

Hi all, newbie here, just thought id say hello and introduce myself :) must say this looks like a friendly and helpful site, good work B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Wife just bought a new yaris in Athens as we have moved there, it is an auto and apart from slow changes especially from 1st to 2nd it is a great car. Yes she letme try it.

I am worried about this thought as pulling out from the lights, other drivers are usually very close and I am always expecting a shunt. With 2 small children this is not an attractive prospect.

I have searched but there doesn't seem to be anyone else with the same problem so I am hoping it is a one off requiring an adjustment. I have been told that they are controlled via the ECU , could someone please direct me or advise me.

P

Hi al, im new to the site and will be driving my 51 plate yaris vvti (its blue by the way :P ) in a fewmonths hopefully if i pass my test! so i thought i would just drop you all a line to say hi.

I've not been in here for a while, its been busy in here :D

Welcome to TOC to all the new members :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I've recently got my first Yaris - a 2001 1.3 GLS. Loving it so far. No mods done to it (can't afford it!!) but I'll post some pics up soon.

Hallo Everyone :D

I am new around here, and indeed new to owning Toyota's.. Since the start of my driving life (nearly 3 years now) i've been driving Honda Civic's, my most recent being the beefy VTi, but I had to sell it, due to it costing LOADS to run..

After a lot of test drives, and a lot of thinking.. I opted for a 57 plate Yaris 1.3 SR in Eclipse black. It's got some amazing little extra's, and it has to be one of the most drivable cars i've ever had a chance to be in.

It's currently on Toyota Finance, but I will be buying that out mid-next year, then I can make some subtle changes.

Some pics of my little beauty:

S4020319.jpg

S4020321.jpg

Hey, Im Jo im 19 and from Bristol. Im new to Toyota's and have recently purchased my FIRST car!! :D I love it...

She's a lovely '02 plate Yaris T-Sport.

Was having a look on here for hints and tips really and thought id join up...

My bloke works for Toyota so always handy to have him there ;)

Hope your all okay...Are there many meets that happen in the South West because i have noticed that most of you are from quite way out!!

Anyway ill get some pics posted up...Hope you like!!

:P

PA130064-1.jpg

PA130051-1.jpg

Hey my names Chris and I am a noob!! Ive just bought a Yaris 1.3i CDX 5 door. Its the nuts! Got it as a bit of a bargain! 2002 plates and its only done 3000 miles! yep thats correct...3000 miles! result!

B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

We bought our silver Yaris Zinc 5 door in April (our first new car). It took a little getting used to (our last car was over 15 years old), especially using the clutch, but is now a pleasure to drive.

Best wishes from south Devon (where it is a beautiful day) :D

mfh3 - Welcome to our club :thumbsup:

sending my best wishes down to lovely Devon, from horrible dirty Bilston :crybaby::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links