Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbies

kimi

I live in Manchester but I soon will be working in Kent.

Interesting nickname ;) I'm just across the Thames from Kent in Essex.

Hey guys.

Recently passed me test, and have had my 51 reg yaris for a month. I love it, and i'm pleased to see so many others on here who love their yaris' as much.

Hiya,

Good choice for a first car - when I passed I had a Fiesta for a month and I've learnt my lesson - never again lol. Got a Yaris after 6 months & have another one now.

Welcome to TOC both of you :D

Hi

Just going to do my bit by saying hello. :D

I have just picked up a nice little 05 Yaris T2 from the dealer for my wife so i maybe around here time after time to ask questions. :)

TsYaris.jpg

I currently own an 06 S2000 GT (I'm a Honda fanatic) and wanted my missus to have a Japanese built car too (for reliability). B) The Yaris fits the bill just perfectly for her. :thumbsup:

IMG_2468.jpg

See you around

Matt

Nice S2k mate, my dad drives one very nice cars!

Welcome to TOC!

Hello everyone, another new member here!

First of all, I have spent the last few weeks trawling through the previous topics on this forum, and rest assured, I won't ask how to fit an aftermarket headunit to a yaris!

-This is a great forum by the way, loads of very helpful members and frequent posts!

Now hopefully I'll be getting a yaris (rescued from the breakers yard) as my first car within a couple of weeks. My dad and I are currently chasing a black x-reg 1.0 which was stolen/recovered :o and will soon be able to buy it from the insurance company :yahoo:

I'll get some pics up as soon as I buy, because Its a bit tatty and I plan to make some changes

There are some gorgeous cars on this forum! I think I may be asking a lot of questions along the lines of how did you do that/where can I buy that/how much is that/will that fit this etc etc!

Priorities are -Fix all the car park dents

-get some hubcaps

-audio gear

-get some alloys

-Colour code everything

-rear spoiler

-rear lights (I've seen a really nice chilli red one on this forum with red tinted lexus lights)

-suspension upgrades/lowering

-strut braces (debating wheter or not to get a rear one at sacrifice of whole boot!)

-maybe when I have money t-sport seats or re-upholstering!

Look forward to hearing from all of you

-James

Hey everyone im sort of in the same boat as james... lol...ive beeen previously looking at the posts for about a week and loving them all im glad ive now got one and can actively join in in the posts lol..

the only time ill ask you about how to fit an after market CD player is if i totally mess it up 8-) which knowing me will happen lol...

Im 19 and have never seen the point in driving before because everything has been pretty close, now i go uni in liverpool and also work just down the road... so ive realised i need to drive now and its going to be so much more fun!... therefore i am ready to pass my driving test now all i need to do is book it and do it :| thank god...

...I live in the north west...

...and currently own a Yaris 1.0ltr GS VVTi - in Matallic Black oOo love black lol...

first thing im going to be doing to it is the ICE im sure of it i just dont at present know what i want and where i want it from therefore any help will be appriciated like :P plus i am on a pretty tight (well ish) budget.. being a student an all...

anyway ill b on tomorrow so hope to speak to you all then...

adz :)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone............erm...............hi everyone.

I'm a 29 year old male from the Northeast of England who after years of experience will only drive a car if it's japanese. Anyone who has any experience of Japnotheast may recognise me as the man with the girly blonde ponytail (I'd cut it off but i'm not all that sure it would ever grow back, gulp).

Im currently in the market for a Yaris, not sure whether im gonna go for the 1.3 petrol or the 1.4 D4-D, I think it's going to be restricted by my budget which is about £3500-£4000. I'll be reading your experiences with interest.

Ive also come to claim the title for most dramatic car change ever, LOL. Im currently driving a 200bhp Integra type-r which ive got up for sale elsewhere on t'internet. I must be getting old as i'm getting bored with the £500 a year insurance bills and £200 taxbills so a Yaris it is :D

Look forward to speaking to and getting to know you all.

Colin (Lelisevis)

Hi and welcome.

Hope you can cope with the extra power of the Yaris! :laughing:

I've recently the owner of a Gold 2001 Yaris VVTi CDX (Reg MK 51 XXD). I was lucky to find this was fitted with a Nokia car kit & the TNS 200 satnav.

For some reason the satnav always seems to want to send me onto the A6, without knowing how busy this can get. I live in nearby Marple, so if your in the South Manchester area keep an eye out for me.

I did follow the A6 for a distance to give it a run out to Doveholes at the end of the Whaley Bridge by-pass. The Satnav got me back to Marple just fine.

Ever since someone suggested looking at Yarises I've spotted a lot in the Stockport - South Manchester Area.

I've recently the owner of a Gold 2001 Yaris VVTi CDX (Reg MK 51 XXD). I was lucky to find this was fitted with a Nokia car kit & the TNS 200 satnav.

For some reason the satnav always seems to want to send me onto the A6, without knowing how busy this can get. I live in nearby Marple, so if your in the South Manchester area keep an eye out for me.

I did follow the A6 for a distance to give it a run out to Doveholes at the end of the Whaley Bridge by-pass. The Satnav got me back to Marple just fine.

Ever since someone suggested looking at Yarises I've spotted a lot in the Stockport - South Manchester Area.

Welcome to TOC

That is what satnav systems are supposed to do..............get you back home ;)

Glad you are liking your Yaris................put some pictures up when you get chance :)

hello everyone,another new member here :yahoo:

cant believe i have had my yaris sr for 3 years and only found this site yeterday doing a google search to find info about wheels catching.i have a red 2oo2 sr just fitted a set of pi lowering springs and am going to pick my new wheels up tomorow :thumbsup: .bought some 17" tsw catalunya fitted with yoko a539 tyres will take some pics when iv put them on and get em posted.

Hello Yaris owners. I'm looking hard at the options for replacing my current car when it expires, and at present, a Yaris D4D (or possibly a Corolla) is top of my list. I had a Rover Maestro turbo diesel until it blew a head gasket 3 years ago, (at 165,000 miles) which was ideal for my needs (60 miles/day commuting, occasional long fast run, and enough power and stability (weight) to handle my glider trailer occasionally). The Maestro had an early Bosh dual rate injector direct injection diesel. The only other car I know of that used the same was the 110 BHP Audi A4. My normal fuel consumption was upward of 60 mpg overall. All the current generation small common rail diesels can beat that but there are some engines I would avoid. I have at least a month before my stopgap (petrol) car has its next MOT, and possibly 13 months if it doesn't cost too much to stretch another year. In that time, I want to find out whether the legendary Toyota reliability holds for the small end diesel models. An initial question here: has the Yaris D4D got the earlier Denso solenoid operated injectors, or are they the later quartz Piezo type?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I'm Andy, joined the site after looking around - really impressed with all the useful info that I've seen so far..

.. and I've just become the proud owner of a silver 99 T-reg 1.0 GS.

So far, its so much better than my old car (especially on the motorway, well it was an F-reg Subaru Justy!) but I'm starting to miss the fancy climate control on my mum and dad's Corolla as its a bit chilly in the mornings at the moment.

Now I've just got to decide, ipod or diy cd unit change..... ;)

Andy.

Hello everybody, I'm Andy, joined the site after looking around - really impressed with all the useful info that I've seen so far..

.. and I've just become the proud owner of a silver 99 T-reg 1.0 GS.

So far, its so much better than my old car (especially on the motorway, well it was an F-reg Subaru Justy!) but I'm starting to miss the fancy climate control on my mum and dad's Corolla as its a bit chilly in the mornings at the moment.

Now I've just got to decide, ipod or diy cd unit change..... ;)

Andy.

Neither, just sit on eBay for a while and wait for a decent toyota yaris one to pop up. Stick one of those puppies in and it'll look awesome, much better than an aftermarket version.

Regards. Vicky

Neither, just sit on ebay for a while and wait for a decent toyota yaris one to pop up. Stick one of those puppies in and it'll look awesome, much better than an aftermarket version.

Regards. Vicky

Cheers, I had a quick look today, then it was... "I wonder how hard.. POP, ooo those heater knobs came off easy, oh look there are the screws..." :D

Although I don't think the credit card can take the strain at the mo...

Andy.

Firstly Hello and welcome to Toyotaownersclub :group-cuddles:

We hope you enjoy this site and all the social events that you can come along on,

and meet up with all the other yaris owners.

Just a reminder though, when you have a question to ask,please use the search facility that is available to you at the click of a button.

A lot of the question's you will probably ask,will have been asked before.

If you can not find what your looking for or it has not been asked already,

then please put a post up :D

Anyway have fun in your Yaris :thumbsup:

* * This thread will get cleaned up monthly to remove any off topic chat * *

Firstly Hello and welcome to Toyotaownersclub :group-cuddles:

We hope you enjoy this site and all the social events that you can come along on,

and meet up with all the other yaris owners.

Just a reminder though, when you have a question to ask,please use the search facility that is available to you at the click of a button.

A lot of the question's you will probably ask,will have been asked before.

If you can not find what your looking for or it has not been asked already,

then please put a post up :D

Anyway have fun in your Yaris :thumbsup:

* * This thread will get cleaned up monthly to remove any off topic chat * *

Thanks for the warm welcome, im lucky because i have a verso t180, and with me being a driving instructor i can also use the great new yaris :D Im changing soon, and considered the diesel so if anyone has one i would app some comments whether its as good as the petrol

Neither, just sit on ebay for a while and wait for a decent toyota yaris one to pop up. Stick one of those puppies in and it'll look awesome, much better than an aftermarket version.

Regards. Vicky

Cheers, I had a quick look today, then it was... "I wonder how hard.. POP, ooo those heater knobs came off easy, oh look there are the screws..." :D

Although I don't think the credit card can take the strain at the mo...

Andy.

To be honest, I was a bit scared at stripping down the interior to get the cd player fitted at the bottom . . so I got my dad to do it instead!! (But I did help him though!) Is was pretty easy to fit, my only problem was that the two cigarette lighters used a plug in the back, but we easily got round that, and you can always get an adapter. In the end though, the cd player was fitted in a couple of hours and everything was back together again, it works beautifully, and you would never have guessed that it originally had a tape player in!

I would deffinately go down the route of having an original toyota yaris cd player in - and above all, it looks GREAT!! only my personal opinion though...

Regards. Vicky

Hello all i thought i would introduce myself. i have recently bought a colour colloection yaris 1.0 and i am very impressed with it. more nippier than i thought it would be and i love the electronic dash.

Hi there

I'm Minxy and I've just become the proud owner of a W reg Yaris 1.3 VVTi SR. Not my first Toyota I have to say, had MR2's previously, but over the past year I've been thru 6 cars...just traded a 51 plate Zafira to get this little beauty... :D

Hope to be dropping in often to ask questions, and just generally see what's going on!!

Minxy :yahoo:

Hello people well im another newbie im 27 from little old Essex and recently bought a t sport and loving it :thumbsup:

recently sold my last car which i loved and enjoyed to the max and done all the shows/meets all over the country it was my baby a WRX Imprezza UK300 ltd edtn. number 296 out of 300 ever made.

House/Mortgage forced sale so now im here but i am loving the yaris and to be honest it has everything in it what my scoob had so its like home from home woohoo

anyway hope to speak to you all at some point :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links