Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

• 3 weeks later...

I have done this on my 2.0 d4d and it is brilliant. I have ordered the cover for it.

I need the part no for the steering wheel plastic the big cover that covers the whole of the back of the steering wheel.

It has to be the blackish one i have only got audio controls on my steering wheel.

My local Mr T said there is about 14 different covers.

My question is if i give them my reg will it show i didnt have cruise to start with?

Sorry for the long post i want it to look like its been there from the factory as my local Mr T a bit fussy when it comes to adding extras,

but i brought the car used from them and still have some warranty they supplied and dont want to give them any excusses.

Try sending a PM to Parts-King. Describe what sort of cover you need (for MM-T or manual etc) and he will organize everything.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, but I finally got chance to install it on my '08 2.0 SR D4D, and it works perfectly.

For the time being there is just a roughly cut hole for the stalk to go through. When I get my mits on the right bit of plastic I'll remove the steering wheel and make it look as though it's always been there.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

I have read all the 19 pages. But I still wounder if it will work on a 2006 corolla 1.6 vvti?

Can I use a CC from a RAV4 from 2007?

• 1 month later...

Have just installed CC in my D4D 2.0 Auris SR. using some of the great posts here so thought i would show my install.

ordered the part using the Thailand seller on eBay mentioned earlier.

part ordered on the 5th feb - arrived on the 11th :)

brand new original stalk with transit cover over the stalk (leave on as you feed through to avoid the metal brace scratching the stalk)

Didnt feel the need to remove the steering wheel. just removed the 30mm torx bolts and placed the air bag and horn out of the way (didnt unclip)

tested to see if the cruise light comes on: it did :)

drilled a 38mm hole with a holesaw centrally as close to the edge as you can get inside the guide lines pointed out in other posts.

fed the stalk through with transit cover on.

tightened the 2 screws mentioned in other posts (not supplied from thailand)

replaced the airbag tightened the Torx bolts.

drove to scrapyard testing CC on way. very nice :)

removed a small grey rubber indicator bellow from an old Volvo indicator (not sure of the model). also removed a larger black one from a volvo and a black on from a Vauxhall. paid £2

out of the 3 bellows i decided to fit the grey bellow. very happy with result :) cost about £22 - time: about 1/2 hour tops!

CC-Auris.jpg

Hey cannon,

Using the bellows was a stroke of genius. Wish I had thought of that. I had to fiddle around with a rectangular hole and then cover it with an iron-on rubber pad. Still, it looks fine.But yours is genius.

Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally is it possible to be installed in a 1.4 D-4D engine Auris?

Tell us the answer please... is it possible for 1.4 D4-D engines...

So does anyone try it in this engine. In so many pages I couldn't find any answers.

Thak you.

Does anyone know if Toyota offers the CC for 1.4 model? Maybe Kingo knows something as a dealer?

Kingo is the man who would know if it is "officially offered". I figured the D4D is the same engine in the Avensis so it must have been available, and would fit. Is it available for the 1.4 Engine in any other model of Toyotas line up?

Hi guys,

I've installed the cruise control on my car today, as per instructions.

Pressed the on/off button, the Curise light came on the dash, but it doesn't function?

Any ideas? It's an Auris 2.0 D-4D T3.

Thanks.

Ive installed it on two cars and it doesnt work, so I dont offer to supply the parts as it seems a bit hit and miss. This is not an official mod, there is no info available as to what it does and doesnt fit, sorry

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice Kingo.

Thankfully I didn't spend a fortune on it as I got it for £12.53 delivered. Both the module and cable included.

I have a Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D - 1AD-FTV engine.

You guys can add that to the growing list of incompatible vehicles...

Unreal, silly question, but did you just press the button at the end of the stalk? Please notice that you need to activate the CC by pressing the button, but after that you need to push the stalk downwards in order to start maintaining the speed you're travelling at...

Hi Speed_Chaser.

I Pressed the On/Off Button at the end of the stalk to turn the Cruise Control on, then pressed the Stalk downwards towards the "Set", but nothing happened, is there a specific speed at which the Cruise Control works?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, it works if you're driving faster than 40km/h or something... There is some sort of limit, but I don't remember exactly :(

according to my auris handbook cruise control can be used betweenn 25 mph and 125 mph.

cruise control is deactivated if VSC or speed limeter are used and if the vehicle speed drops more than 10 mph below the preset speed.

It is also de-activated by touching the brake or clutch pedals too

It is also de-activated by touching the brake or clutch pedals too

Hi Kingo, thought that too obvious to mention.

Although i have cruise fitted,i never feel i am in full control when using it.

But dont do long trips these days.those who do it may well swear by having it fitted.

Yes it was a bit obvious, but for those who have never used it, it was worth a mention :lol:

I find the Auris HSD CC is not very forgiving, as soon as you go uphill, it wants to race away with you and you feel like it is not under your control

Yes it was a bit obvious, but for those who have never used it, it was worth a mention :lol:

I find the Auris HSD CC is not very forgiving, as soon as you go uphill, it wants to race away with you and you feel like it is not under your control

yes i know what you mean.with mine if you slow by breaking and the cruise disngages when you reset it the car accelerates harder than i am comfortable with back to the previous speed setting.

Also dont like the positioning of the cruise control lever behindthe steering wheel.

why don tthey mmount it on the steeering wheel as others do.

Hi, everyone,

Just to report another installation of CC in1.6 vvti, year 2008. Everything works as per instruction manual! I want to thank to speed_chaser and everybody else who shared their experiences with us.

cheers :)

You are welcome :) Always glad to help!

I am going to see if the cruise control is compatible with my Auris. I have a 2009 1.6 model and really miss the cc option. Thanks for all this info, it's great. :hug:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links