Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Its a similar listing to the one which expired, and is the same seller. Based on feedback here it works for most.

Check you have the spare socket behind the airbag before buying though.

The item is shipped from thailand i think which may explain the price

Its a similar listing to the one which expired, and is the same seller. Based on feedback here it works for most.

Check you have the spare socket behind the airbag before buying though.

The item is shipped from thailand i think which may explain the price

So is it original Toyota part?

I assume so, send an email to the ebayer who is selling it if you need confirmation

There is no screw! In Auris 2010 facelift 1.6 valvematic there is no screw. So since there are no screws to retain the airbag does anybody know how is it retained?

There are only two holes one in every side but no screws into them. You can see only a thin iron into them.

There is no screw! In Auris 2010 facelift 1.6 valvematic there is no screw.

I have the same model and you are right there is no screw, but there is a hole either side of the steering wheel boss and you can see a metal object inside which is the end of a spring clip, if you insert a small screwdriver in the hole with the blade at a rightangle to the spring and push lightly the side of the airbag will lift up, do the same for the other side and the airbag will lift away, do not disconnect the bag and do not have the key in ignition switch, its a good idea to remove the fuse for the horn because it keeps sounding when you are doing this and you might annoy your neighbours :ffs:

I have just done this on my car and its quite easy to do, i just need to get the parts.

I have just one question, how will this affect my warranty?

the pics show, 1.the hole in wheel boss,2 the hooks behind airbag, 3 the spring which goes behind hooks, 4 the socket for plug.hope this helps.post-58139-0-44606900-1303055300_thumb.j

post-58139-0-34828000-1303055227_thumb.j

post-58139-0-62302600-1303055252_thumb.j

post-58139-0-25411800-1303055273_thumb.j

I have the same model and you are right there is no screw, but there is a hole either side of the steering wheel boss and you can see a metal object inside which is the end of a spring clip, if you insert a small screwdriver in the hole with the blade at a rightangle to the spring and push lightly the side of the airbag will lift up, do the same for the other side and the airbag will lift away, do not disconnect the bag and do not have the key in ignition switch, its a good idea to remove the fuse for the horn because it keeps sounding when you are doing this and you might annoy your neighbours :ffs:

I have just done this on my car and its quite easy to do, i just need to get the parts.

the pics show, 1.the hole in wheel boss,2 the hooks behind airbag, 3 the spring which goes behind hooks, 4 the socket for plug.hope this helps.post-58139-0-44606900-1303055300_thumb.j

Thank you very much! Yes I have the same model like yours. So you push this iron towards the inside of the steering wheel. When you ll need to reattach the airbag you push it and it attaches or you need to do something wih the screwdriver again?

Thank you very much! Yes I have the same model like yours. So you push this iron towards the inside of the steering wheel. When you ll need to reattach the airbag you push it and it attaches or you need to do something wih the screwdriver again?

Yes push towards the centre of wheel and refit by aligning the airbag in center and push gently and it clips into place, refit horn fuse.

Does this come with the cable? To anyone that has bought this from eBay. And the cc is canceled when you fully press clutch all way or from the beginning of pressing it? And something else. At the manual of the Auris it says that when vsc is being activated the cc speed is canceled. What does it mean with that? Means when vsc is enabled you cant use cc or just that if vsc works in a situation that car slips the stored speed at cc is canceled?

Those pics are great - thanks. Can't see it affecting your warranty, if you are that worried you can always remove the stalk before it goes in for its service and just leave the technicians wondering why there is a hole there! :D

PS: Nicecar, VSC will only disable the CC when it is activated - i.e. when you're skidding all over the place ;)

Finally got round to fitting this at the weekend, works a treat and it came with the correct cable (Ebay: Thailand seller).

Just need to come up with a way of cleaning up the hole, maybe make up a little gaiter or something.

i think, there is no way to install a cruise control to my Diesel Engined-Auris... do you know a solution dear forum users???

How did you make the hole for the CC switch?

Hi, Alex, hi everyone, following this thread. I have finally put my hands on the part number for the pre-drilled lower steering wheel boss cover a049.gif

Please, have in mind that there were like 14 different part numbers for this part, depending on the color. This one is for Dark Grey trim! Enough said, here is the part number: 45184-02150-B0

Parts King, could you please quote a price for the item? Thanks!

I saw the lower steering boss part here http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2007_TOYOTA_AURIS_ADE150L-DHFNXW_4504.html

Will it fit right up to 2010 models and does it matter that its overseas model?

Finally is it possible to be installed in a 1.4 D-4D engine Auris?

Finally is it possible to be installed in a 1.4 D-4D engine Auris?

Tell us the answer please... is it possible for 1.4 D4-D engines...

Finally got round to fitting this at the weekend, works a treat and it came with the correct cable (Ebay: Thailand seller).

Just need to come up with a way of cleaning up the hole, maybe make up a little gaiter or something.

Hi, I have just ordered from this eBay seller, can you tell me how long it took for your switch to arrive from Thailand?

Having looked at the cutouts for the switch , i am thinking that a step cutter might be a good idea to keep it neat and a round gaiter might be easier to find.

I tried to find out some part numbers from Toyota today for the rubber gaitor that goes around the cruise control stalk and to see if the steering cowel with the hole car with in it comes in different colours.They could'nt do anything without a chasis number and as i dont have a car with cruise its a bit difficult.Did the SR180 not come with cruise control and cant the part numbers be taken of that.Any help would be helpful

Hi folks, just completed my CC fitting to my 60 plate auris sr 1.6 valvematic.

I ordered it from eBay seller in thailand and arrived in about 7 days.

I used a stanley knife to make the hole in the steering wheel, make sure you heat the blade with a lighter and it is much easier :thumbsup:

Some pictures attached, all I need to find now is a rubber gaitor...off to my dad's shed :rolleyes:

post-107401-0-64051900-1304341980_thumb.

post-107401-0-05943200-1304341998_thumb.

post-107401-0-24636500-1304342007_thumb.

post-107401-0-05355400-1304342020_thumb.

post-107401-0-22022300-1304342034_thumb.

Hi folks, just completed my CC fitting to my 60 plate auris sr 1.6 valvematic.

I ordered it from ebay seller in thailand and arrived in about 7 days.

I used a stanley knife to make the hole in the steering wheel, make sure you heat the blade with a lighter and it is much easier :thumbsup:

Some pictures attached, all I need to find now is a rubber gaitor...off to my dad's shed :rolleyes:

Nice one mate, let us know how you get on looking for a gaitor.I looked on eBay at indicator and cruise control stalks to see if theres anything suitable but I won't know what size to get till the cruise control arrives.

No luck with gaitor so far, was thinking maybe old style vauxhall stalk gaitors as they are fairly uniform in size?

Took car in for service today with CC in situ and didnt receive any comments so I assume there are no warranty issues....

I just installed my CC today and drilled the hole slightly out of line.

However, I solved the problem of the gaiter, by examining an Auris in the showrooms. that had a black rubber sheet fixed on the inside of the cover and and had slits all around the inside to permit movement of the stalk.

So I found a sheet of black iron-on fabric in a haberdashery, cur it just oversize of the hole (about 5mm all round), cut a central hole for the stalk and made a few slits to allow movement, and then stuck it on the outside of the cover with a soldering iron.

Looks great and hides all the errors in drilling, cutting and out of alignment of the hole.

And, as an added bonus, the CC actually works a treat.

Krait

Success story here, and I only registered to check the photos here to make sure I got it right!

2007 Auris 1.6VVT TR (3ZZ engine).

I bought the CC from a link posted in this forum (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180654340773), it was under £20 including shipping, so I figured it was worth a gamble. It arrived in about 10 days from Thailand, so no complaints there!

The CC arrived with the right cable, it was installed just fine following the first page instructions on this thread. I did remove the horn fuse whilst mucking about with the steering wheel to avoid annoying the neighbours though! I made the hole for the stalk with a small hole saw (just big enough to pass the stalk through from the inside), and I have some rubber edging trim (from computer modding) to put around the edge of the hole to neaten it up. If I'm unhappy with how it looks I might investigate finding a gaiter, but I don't often look behind the steering wheel!

After it was installed, I started the engine, pressed the button, and the cruise light came on and worked just as per owner's manual.

At £20 for the CC and a bottle of wine to a mate for helping me fit it and lending me his hole saw, this was an absolute bargain, thanks guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links