Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

I got my cruise control stalk from Thailand today,exactly 10 days wait. Took the fuse for the horn out as people have said before, you cant help but make it sound no matter how careful you are.

I plugged it into the correct slot pushed on the button and the dash light came on.I take it this means it definately works?

I have got a gaiter off a volvo indicator but its a little large and square at the stalk opening so I'm going to wait to see if anyone comes up with a good gaiter or rubber sheet to hide the inside mess, anyone got any pictures?

I did find this rubber http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-5mm-thick-rubber-sheet-black-200mm-x-200mm-/170634726580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27ba9f4cb4

It comes in different thickness and will probably do the job.

Hello,

today I just registered to confirm that the CC does work on a Auris 2.0 Diesel.

It's MJ 2007.

I am not shur, but the signal "Cruise" does light up, but if the CC works there is

no other light showing up?! I thougt that this "Dash-Symbol" with arrow would light up when

CC is working...

The installation took me about 10 minutes. With a holesaw (hope it is the right word) I drilled

a hole to the plastics and rest was very easy. It looks very nice becuase of the perfect circle.

Regards,

Mart

Hello,

I received the CC stalk from Thailand last Tuesday did not get time to fit it, But I did fit it today. I'm pleased to report it is working great :yahoo: . Thank you speed_chaser

FYI:

Auris 1.6 T3 2008 reg UK model

manual 5 speed

engine 1ZR-FE

Took a hint from one of the post and cut hole using a Stanley knife after heating the blade up, once you get the first cut increasing its size is pretty easy.

added a square piece of rubber from inside, so the hole doesn't stay open.

Also, a tip put some thin paper tape on the switch this protects it from getting scratched while installation.

Thanks,

Everyone.

Fitted cruise control yesterday without too much trouble.The only tricky bit is trying to locate the best place to drill out for the stalk.After a bit of trimming with a stanley knife, I managed to get my gaiter off a volvo indicator on.

I tried it out today and everything works fine,I got 48 mpg with the cruise on so happy with that.

While I was at Toyota today I noticed in the new auris brochure that the new 1.6 engines get cruise control as standard.They didnt have a new model in so I could see it on the steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm that this does/doesn't work on the new Australian facelift ZRE's

Hi there, I have 2007 Corolla ZRE 152 Ascent Model. Recently went to Wreckers and got the steering wheel from Corolla Conquest installed in my Corolla Ascent. Conquest Steering wheel has cruise control stalk pre-installed and also came with additional audio options.

Total cost to remove my existing steering wheel and install conquest steering wheel with cruise control is AUD 700 inclusive of labour charges and is working fine. They also gave me Three Months Warranty against parts and workmanship. Total time taken was about an hour.

May be I should now just sell of my existing Ascent steering wheel and airbag.

The wreckers used conquest steering wheel; new SRS airbags and a new round switch which sits underneath the steering wheel; the ascent round switch is not compatible with conquest steering wheel because of different plug in cable (I think).

• 1 month later...

would this stalk work to? "84632-08021" it looks just the same

thank you

btw: does the cruise control stop when you break?

Hi ProGunNL,

I have no access to the part number you quote, but I can confirm that the Cruise will stop or cease working when you hit the brake or clutch.

Cheers

Krait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i decided to install the CC in my car too. I will probably install it at the next service, in november.

But i have two questions:

First, is that if I will have the speed limiter function with the cruise control installed.

The second, and most important, is that: Will I face any problems with my insurance? In the insurance's contact there is also the version of the car (Auris Unique). In case of a serious accident, is there a possibility that the insurance won't compensate because of this modification? (like the case that will not compensate if the driver has drunk, or taken pills).

Did anyone came aware of this?

Thank you!

Hi justise,

1. The Cruise Control means just that - it controls (limits) the speed to whatever setpoint you have set it to. It's your choice. And you can alter this setpoint at any time.

2. I do not know the answer to this question. Why not ask your insurance company - ora any other insurance company?

I did not feel the need to ask as this is an authorised modification and not intended to increase the PERFORMANCE of the machine.

Krait

Krait, I believe that you did not understand Justises first question correctly. I believe he meant wether he will have speed limiter in the same set with cruise control.

The answer is no Justise, you won't have limiter. It is different to cruise control and is not included. Speed limiter limits your speed so that if you'll for example press your throttle pedal to the floor, the car won't go faster than what you've set it to go. You will have to press the pedal for the car to move. With cruise control you don't need to touch the pedal. Your car moves using the speed you've set.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

any idea's where I can get the parts from??

my local toyota want £102.73 just for the parts!!

I've found a site called pentagon toyota who will post them to me for £97.

Any other idea's where I might be able to get them a bit cheaper???

hi there,

any idea's where I can get the parts from??

my local toyota want £102.73 just for the parts!!

I've found a site called pentagon toyota who will post them to me for £97.

Any other idea's where I might be able to get them a bit cheaper???

If you go to page 14 there is a link to a seller in Thailand named kbank, i got mine from there for £20 inc delivery, it arrived in 8 days and it works perfectly, it makes long motorway journeys so much more comfortable, also excellent for speed camera and average speed checks,the best £20 ive spent.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this works with the 2.0 D4D TR, fitted mine just now. No reason it wouldnt work with the SR.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I come from Poland, and have the Auris 1.6 DUAL VVTi.

I have bought in Thailand the cruise control set, and plan to install it.

I would like to ask you guys, if you could provide me with photos of the steering wheel after the installation (i need photos of those steering wheels where you had to drill the hole). What is the best way to drill the hole?

I have also bought the steering wheel cruise control cover at my local toyota dealer (for aroud 3 US Dollars), and would like to make such a hole, so that this cover fits. Has anyone done that?

Regards

I used a heated stanley knife blade to make the hole in the steering wheel, if you look through the previous pages of this thread there are loads of photos

• Like 1

Hi Tom!

Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but there is a visible line on the steering wheel cover. Just saw following that line and everything should be fine. Then your cover should fit aswell. I have it in my car and it looks very clean and nice.

My recommendation is to remove the steering wheel and the steering wheel cover before sawing. I messed up my process by doing too big hole. I decided to order new cover with hole in it, but when I received it, I noticed that it didn't have holes for MM-T transmission shift levers, so I had to modify it anyway :D

I bought the cover with the hole but still i have to saw the hole on the steering wheel to place the cover. I think i will saw a smaller hole and then make it bigger if needed (because my steering wheel has no cover, dunno why)

Yes I know, the cover for the CC is always with hole. Probably you just didn't understand what I was trying to say.

You are going to make hole in your steering wheel, right? So remove the steering wheel first. Then follow the line on the steering wheel and saw. You will get hole with correct dimensions to fit the cover...

Here you can see the line. There is area with a bit different colour compared to other plastic. Ignore the white drawing.

af542f643a70.jpg

Yeah, I see the line, but I am curious, if I have to remove it. Isn't it possible to saw it without removing the steering wheel? I heard that after you remove the steering wheel you have to somehow ALIGN it? Is that true??

by the way, the airbag in my FL Auris is placed in a different manner. I do not have those thorx screws, but something different (dunno how is it called even in my mother language )

Hi TomPL,

You do not have to remove the steering wheel, you need to remove the steering wheel COVER only. ONe bolt on each side.

The hole is NOT as big as the marking in this photo. You need to cut a square or rectangular hole. The plastic is so soft and thin that you can cut it with a sharp knife. Really very easy.

If you look at other photos in this topic you will find the accurate position to cut the hole. Read more posts and check the photos.

Cheers

I know but when I look at those steering wheels after people cut the whole I feel disappointed. They dont look good enough for me. I would like to do something to make it look like the CC was there since always. This is why I plan to cut the whole along those lines and then install the CC cover that I bought from my local dealer for $3. I would like to know if there is someone who did the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links