Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Build Thread

BRIDGES

i'm sure this thread needs an update, i know this is my first post lol but i've been following it for weeks :)

Ahahaaaa. Im sorry my heads been all over the place. Didnt even know these posts had been added. Update below, sort of!!!

If you actually read the thread youll discover why its lower on the rear.

No thanks I CBA, reverse rake offends me and i'm not a major fan of coilovers on a road car just thought i'd mention it

You two, no bitching in my thread. But Bongwater thank you for your input :)

Any whoooo!! The time has come to get my wheels refurbed. I have curbed all 4 now or maybe 3 but they will be painted in January and not powder coated from what i've heard on powder coating!!

But i need all your help as im unsure. Its either same colour as car but in a coubikr finish or its hyperblack(smoked chrome) im more towards same colour as car because smoked chrome looks better on lighter shades but let me know any way.

Stu. I'll need to change to my 16" mid Jan so would it be ok to come up and you show me in detail how to adjust the coils, clean and lube up??? Because lets face it, the car will need to be raised as i'll mount everything on 16" being this low!!

I'm not bitching, like I say i'd just thought i'd mention it. "Reverse rake" is often mentioned on other forums I use.

Anyway onto more important matters, I read all of this thread last week and its a great read. I was wondering, how you getting on with the short shifter? What the positives and negatives against the standard kit?

I'm so tempted to get one, if only so I can replace the gear knob as mine looks scabby! I was looking at the TRD kit on Fensport which looks really good but at £217 they are having a laugh!!!!

The trd is a good kit not as stiff as others ob the Market. Farhan will give his oppinion on that.

As for the mwr for the price it's fantastic. Wouldn't go back to standard. Positives are it feels great, height not to low either. To be honest no real negatives, it is stiff and after a good weight lifting session I find it hard to put in reverse but nit a real negative!!

Your oppinion on wheel colour would be nice :)

Thanks for the info, the MWR item is $85 vs the TRD which is £217 its a massive price difference but TRD is practically OEM kit and it replaces the whole lower mounting area thingy but thats not what i'm after (it would be nice but a little overkill) all i'm after is a slightly lower position with a more precise solid feel to it and a ball type knob as mine is a little tatty

How easy is it to fit, is there anything to be done under the car or is it all done from inside the car, is it a problem getting it into reverse IE sometimes you struggle to get it in and it crunches or is it literally just more effort like its heavier?

In regards to your wheels.

Its a difficult one, it does look great as it is, i'd probably go the same colour as the car but honestly if it was me i'd go for a standard silver but i'm boring like that :)

To fit is easy I'm no mechanic but I had help from Farhan via pics :D. I'd say it's more fiddly than hard. All done in car no fiddling outside needed :)

For the price it's a great kit. Comes with all the metal bushings so does upgrade the original rubber mounts.

It's not hard to get into reverse just stiffer. Overall just get it :thumbsup:

Only some pics that I took down Swansea on my own as downloading from phone, hoe you like :)

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

As you can see the taxi driver ruined some shots!! Just stood there looking at me and the car!! Idiot.

More to come

that corolla is awsum nice job :thumbsup:

He doesnt have any reverse rake. It was because his boot was loaded when the pics were taken.*****.

And in regards to short shift. I have the mwr kit. Its brill. ***** easy to fit.

Just had a thought, what kind of condition is your standard gear knob in? If its immaculate i'd be interested in buying it from you if the price is right?

Hey bongwater sorry buddy missed this post from you. I'll check the condition for you didn't think of selling still unsure if I will but I'll check the condition kk.

Well there should be a lot more happening to the corolla from now on as I'm now single (awwwwwwwwww) lol. Therefore more money to myself :D

Mid jan I hope wheels should be refurbed. Nothing to crazy as I'm too scared!! So their being painted same colour :)

Then in no particular order:

Roof and spoiler wrapped in CF

New cat converter and downpipe

Small sound install

Then power mods all the way :D

Be ready for a small mini photoshoot in early Feb with some changes you may notice!!! Farhan knows ;)

Peace out

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm in dilemma!! Booked alloys into refurb company today. Steve the sole worker has put ideas in my head and I kinda like it.

Do I do what steve said and go with a candy red for contrast against the lights and interior or do I stick with colour of car???

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp lol

Candy red alloys? Nah bro definitely stick with satin black/car colour/normal silver like discussed earlier in your thread! (imo)

I agree man, personally, I think cars that have multiple colour schemes going on always look a bit tacky/chavtastic. I prefer to have a basic pallet of 1/2/3 colours and stick to them.

That's just me though.

I disagree if tim decides to go above the board try something different then he could be on to a class winner. He has a good wheel size 18s but the problem here is when going for a color like that he will need to have some serious stance to pull it off. I dont think tuck will work with this he needs stretch and slightly wider wheels. The arches are a bit small on the corolla but he may get a decent look.

Stance is epic already Stu, you did it lol!! The rear arches will be getting rolled along with rear wheels being flush with a 3-5mm spacer.

You could do chrome lip then candy red centres but I'm not keen on the chrome lip coming back!!! Decisions decisions.

yea photoshop it.

i think you may be able to pull it off with the stretched tyres and that alright.

be different....not like every other rolla out there

i know you have a lot of mods already and fair dues on that....but do you wana stop there.

you spend alot on a refurd, and have the same wheels back, or basically have a brand new set of rims :thumbsup:

I often see it in stages. So with the Red CTS we have got to the point where if we do any other small things now, we will ruin it. By that I mean things like carbon mirrors, skirts, spats etc we have thought of the lot. We even thought of going down the TTE Bumper route but its a lot of cash for something that we reckon looks worse than the standard bumper on a red car. Following the Back Box we decided that if we are to do anything more without making the car shit, we need to go balls out. So we have reached a couple of options:

*Save up and just go mad with a full respray, custom body kit with riveted arches like a touring car (photoshopping to see if we could pull that off)]

*Save up a bit less and just go for a full respray.

*Full Respray and Interior redesign.

Its just if we do any more small things it will be tacky and we ruin the car. You're doing what I often do and that is search for more things to do to make it different, but it's just too difficult working within the parameter you have. The red wheels could look the muts, but they's have to be accompanied by other things that are pretty different.

It's up to you to decided if and what your stages are, but I reckon you (like us) have reached the peak of your rollas style until you go to the next level up. :)

KP

Agree with kp its like going over again play it safe, i feel like that aswelli always feel something is missing on my car but who knows i just want a standard t-sport bumper again as i want to just slam it and not worry lol

I do get what your saying KP but i do like some changes. Dont get me wrong i love the way the car looks at the moment, thats why im in a dilema. The grey on grey is awsome and people have given me so many remarks on the car.

But Candy Red (like the Porsche GT3 RS) looks sick, in a good way. I need photoshop skills asap...... Where is Ricc!!! lol.

We shall all see what choice i go for, but thank you for all your input as always :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links