Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

Paul how much would it be each with out the discount mate an could yu tell me where i could order them from?

Black circle do them but there more expensive.. I would try ringing around a few of your local places and haggling like crazy.

http://www.blackcircles.com/

205.jpg

These are mine, they turned up today, sadly I can't have them fitted until this Friday as we are just to busy with other jobs.. fingers crossed for a nice weekend.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

looking good paul :) how is engine plans going? ill get some pics of my 4age up soon :) i think we should have a corolla meet sometime!

luke

looking good paul :) how is engine plans going? ill get some pics of my 4age up soon :) i think we should have a corolla meet sometime!

luke

sound's like a great idea.

now we get Paul on board then we have 3 in favour for a meet!

Luke

I'm up for a meet! In the Wiltshire area too. Pretty new an loving my E11 more n more so would bevgood to look at others.

Oh an loving your E11 Paul. Would love a TTE kit for mine!!

Ah nice where in wiltshire are you?

Luke

Tyres look good paul, i personally dont get on with the toyos as i have a tendency to melt them :rolleyes: but they are a very good tyre :thumbsup:

Also depending on when/distance id be up for a meet too :)

Reartyre.jpg

Well as you can see the mechanics in the workshop didn't have much work on today :)

The drive home although very short (only a few miles) was nice, I took it easy due to it being near monsoon conditions, with lots of standing water and very heavy rain, but despite some storys I had read about lack of grip in the wet etc, well the tyres worked better than my CHAMPIRO hpz's ever did. So now I want the sun to come out, and for things to be nice and warm and sticky lol.

As for my engine plans Luke, well nothing has happened, other than more money being saved in the bank :) I have been offered a cheap 2L GT Celica, but seeing as the costs to swap it are virtual the same as fitting the GT4 engine I decided on holding on. To be honest I'm now thinking it will make much more sense to fit a well worked Silver or Black top.

The meeting sounds like a good idea, we will have to work on a central location for all of us. Or may an event out of it, maybe a meeting at a car museum or with another club ?

i am certainly game for a large meet if we can include other clubs im sure KP will get ae92 involved, also ye i would say save out for a 3s-gte dont bother with the 3s-ge purely the fact that its nothing to special unlike 4a-ge 20v (throttle bodies and LSD) or a 3s-gte running insane turbo power :) but thats how i see it if your gonna do it do it proper! ;)

Luke

Should all do a meet at rally day at castle combe on the 18th of august, as theres a wrc corolla in action too :D

The 3sge has more power than a 20v in standard form ;)

Castle Combe sounds like a plan, will make sure I get it off. Where abouts in Wiltshire are you Luke?

Should all do a meet at rally day at castle combe on the 18th of august, as theres a wrc corolla in action too :D

The 3sge has more power than a 20v in standard form ;)

yhh that sound like a great plan

Im from Amesbury mate :)

Luke

Ah right, not too far then. Just seen I'm moving on 17th so gonna be busy busy, probably won't be able to castle Combe :'( will have to do something again some point!

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I final got some time off work, so I thought I would set about some pre-work on my cars plastic ready for some new paint to be put on. I didn't actually manage to do very much other than sand my front bumper (in situ) and remove my rear spoiler, but it's a start.

On the TTE SR's you can see that the rear hatch has pre cut holes in it so you can gain access to the rear spoiler nuts. There are two on either side of the rear hatch.

Spoiler1.jpg

The 3rd and slightly more differcult nut is underneath the rear high-mounted light.

Spoiler2.jpg

As you can see in the photo below there was a few years of dirt underneath the rear spoiler.

Spoiler3.jpg

You can also see that the sun hasn't been kind to the paint :(

Spoiler4.jpg

Spoiler5.jpg

Right so lets move on to my actual spoiler, now I've taken it off I can see more clearly how the chips in the paint have become worse. The plastic underneath is still fine, but I'm a little unsure if I should just sand it to give the new paint some key/grip, or try and get it treated to remove the paint all together. I think I will sand and fill it, then paint it and see how it looks, if I'm not happy with the results I will just pay for someone else to do a pro-job lol.

Spoiler6.jpg

Spoiler7.jpg

Spoiler8.jpg

This final photo shops the front underside edge, and although you never see this area, I suspect this is where the paint started to chip and lift from.

Spoiler9.jpg

Id personally strip that right back to plastic using acetone. Otherwise youll paint it and a couple monthx later itll start flaking again.

I think you are right Steven, I had a friend look at it last night and he said the same thing, so I've pushed back my plans on the re-spray and have pretty much done a deal to have the whole car re-sprayed. I've never used an acetone before ? so will let a professional do it.

So this morning I thought I would just finish off what I had started so I could at least put the spoiler back on the car. I sanded the spoiler smooth, used a little filler where the big chips were and sanded it back again.

Spoiler10.jpg

I also did a little on the front lip as a stone/bird must have hit it :)

Spoiler11.jpg

Other than that the spoiler is pretty much perfect :) I was actually shocked at how little paint was on it, I only used a P240 grade wet paper to start with, and the paint must of only been 0.001mm thick :(

Spoiler12.jpg

The picture above shows the plastic primer drying, and it went on rather well. I then sanded it all again using a P1200 wet sheet just to give it some kind of key, after that had been cleaned I sprayed it again.

After a while of waiting for it to dry I set about putting on some top coats. Now all was going well until I moved onto my second can of paint, I had a few spits of paint, which is fair enough as it's only a temp job. But by this time the room I was using was getting a little to warm, so I opened a window only to be greated by about 15 years of dust lol.. oh well. It doesn't look to bad, and will flatten back with a little bit of polish.

Spoiler13.jpg

I don't think my other 1/2 is going to be that happy as it seemed I used one of her good bed sheets to rest the spoiler on lol.. oh well..

Looks better than it did! Get some 2000 grit sand paper and some cutting compound and itll be great :thumbsup:

Acetone is a thinner, its basically whats in womens nail polish remover. Its strong enough to strip paint but wont damage plastic. I use it for everything, removing overspray, cleaning out brushes, stripping plastic or metal parts to bare surface, making fibreglass sticky for another resin coat, getting paint off my hands etc. i order it of eBay in a big 5ltr bottle of it for a couple of ££.

Respray sounds good :)

Cheers Steven, I will pick up some P2000 in the week, I really want the paint to bake on lol. I've fitted the spoiler back on the car this afternoon and it looks good, but yes sadly my car seems to be 3 shades of red, with a pink front bumper lol, so I fear a re-spray is the only way forward. I may try some P2000 on the wheels, just to bring up the white a little.

So as the sun was out again I thought I would do the little plastic lip on the rear of the hatch.

I had sanded it flat the other day as it was a rather nice shade of pink, although not 50 shades. (Just noticed a dot on my photos, forgot to clean my lense doh)

Lip1.jpg

So above is the faded lip :( it was looking rather sad.

Right, I masked off rather a lot of the rear of the car, but it's better that way, although I could polish out any over spray.

Lip2.jpg

Below I have given the plastic a few coats of plastic primer, and in the sun it was dry almost as soon as it left the can.

Lip3.jpg

After a little rub back to give it some grip I sprayed on the top coat. Again this dried rather quickly.

Lip4.jpg

Below is this finished result, it's come out rather well, and at least it's not pink anymore.

Lip5.jpg

All I have left to do is one of the door handles, and the front bumper. I know it may all seem pointless as I now plan on having the whole car sprayed, but as I had already bought all of the stuff I needed to do the plastic I thought it would be good pratice to try it out :) Then I will have the wheels to do, as there a little marked up.

I'm still really enjoying the car a lot, and despite many diversions and tempting offers from other cars at work, well I'm still stuck on my Corolla.

Looks good paul :thumbsup:

Just to make a MASSIVE point that you may not be aware of, is that ANY panel that you are now painting with rattle cans will HAVE to be stripped to bare plastic/metal before being painted by a pro. The paint in rattle cans reacts with the 2pac/water paint that spray shops use and after a month or two and will make the paint and finish go funny.

So just make sure when it goes in for its respray that you inform the spray guy that those pannels need to be taken back to bare plastic. Its easy enough to do with acetone as i said earlier on so theyll have no problem doing it :) theyd rather know than do it, the paint goes funny and you return as a unhappy customer ;)

Glad your sticking with the car :)

Thanks Steve for the advice, and yes the guy that is going to spray my car is aware that I want all of the plastic taken right back to it's base, along with the whole car. I'm only really doing it as :

1. I bought all of the materials

2. It was looking rather pink

3. As the sprayer does a lot of private work and has family issues he can't give me a set date, so it will literally be, Paul I can do it this week for you.

Lip6.jpg

Although this photo was taken at diffferent times of the day you can see what a difference the paint and polish has made :)

I had a tiny little bit of paint left so I thought, what the heck, do the door handle.. what a nightmare lol.

Door1.jpg

As you can see above, it's rather flat and pink, which isn't good.

Door2.jpg

You can see the darkness in the photo above, and even though it was almost a perfect day, there was 1 black cloud about.

But I pressed on and gave it a quick coat of plastic primer (picture below).

Door3.jpg

Door4.jpg

Then it rained a little, which was a pain in the **** lol. So I rubbed it back to do it again. Then the next time I managed to get a little run, so I rubbed it back again lol. The last time I did it it looks like a spider or something has walked across it lol.. But like I said I'm not too worried as it will all be done later in the year :)

Door6.jpg

That's the end result, which looks ok, if you walk past at speed.. but it's the last time I spray anything outside, next time it will be in a controlled environment.

Again you can see in the photo below that the plastic is less pink, but I now can't wait to see what it looks like when a professional does the job.

Door7.jpg

Very good home paint job dude :)

Im thinking about repairing my burnt rear bumper but have no idea where to start with plastic....any advise?

When you say "burnt" Ali, do you mean paint burn, or the plastic ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links