Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

Thanks, and yeah I like his RS, may go and have a chat with him when I see him next, try and get some more photos.

125 - 130bhp and these lil' motors would be perfect mate;->

Stange how the E9 had a 1.6 twin cam with 130bhp - would one of those fit in an E11?

Yes the 4A-GE is a direct bolt-in plug 'n play conversion.

You need:

*Engine

*C52 or any C** series box

*AE92 Drive Shafts

*Wiring Loom + ECU (don't mix the small port ECU with a Big Port engine and visa versa, they work but not very well sometimes)

*PAS Lines from and AE92

*AE92 Steering Rack

The lines and rack are optional, you can run it without the pump if you want.

It's a good and easy swap which I have had someone do over on my forum. It's worth while, a shame you didn't say earlier because I had a full kit with everything you needed for £320.

KP

Thanks for the info, but I'm still :unsure: undecided as to what to do next year with regards to my engine plans. Although I do think next year will be the start of my big push for parts on my car, this year has been really disapointing and I have only been able to find a few off the shelf parts. I have a little list though, and want to do everything right first time around (unlike most of my other car projects).

Well update time, I had two parcels today turn up, the first is this one:

Fog1.jpg

Fog2.jpg

Yes my fogs have arrived from Bulgaria, I'm not 100% sure how I will mount them, or even if I will end up taking them apart to just use the glass, but once I get the others off I will know what to do. I only bought these as they were very cheap and were the correct size for the car. Who knows them may look spot on, we will see :thumbsup:

The other little parcel was to inspire me to get on with my project, and will be either put on my desk at work, or next to my computer at home :yahoo:

wrcE11.jpg

Lovely little car isn't it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great find with the fog lamps, hope the fitting goes to plan :thumbsup:

i really want a facelift E11 model for me to play around with but i cant find one :crybaby: might have to get a non facelift and modify that when i get board :rolleyes:

Painted the horn on my car lol... not much of an update, but it's been done :thumbsup:

Paul, i've recently had the door cards off and knew you were looking for the size of the Speakers, so i took a pic for you :)

ffea57de.jpg

dont believe the display screen it goes funny after 12mm, its 14.5cm as shown by the manual ruler :thumbsup:

im half way through converting my dash to red led/bulbs to match the speedo, i'm just waiting for some bulbs to arrive to complete it. If your interested i can write up a detailed "how too" as i have taken LOTS of pictures :thumbsup: so glad to be rid of the majority of the nasty green toyota left it :rolleyes:

Thats a huge help on the size front, thanks for doing that :-)

I also look forward to reading your dash guide, as I wouldn't mind changing mine one day :thumbsup:

Again thank you :thumbsup:

Thats a huge help on the size front, thanks for doing that :-)

I also look forward to reading your dash guide, as I wouldn't mind changing mine one day :thumbsup:

Again thank you :thumbsup:

not a problem mate :thumbsup: looking at it, 16mm/6.5" component Speakers will fit, but what ever route you do take you'll have to make custom mounts as the toyota Speakers are riveted in. you'll have to let me know what you chose as ill be replacing mine shortly too ;)

ill get a detailed write up on it then :) i've done the de-mister, a/c, window switch, headlight level, and heater panel all ready, waiting on some parts for the factory cd player/tape deck (which i assume you no longer have?) but im finding the factory lcd screen (which displays mpg and cd/tape options (again i believe you don't have these either?) really tricky as toyota have intended for it not to come apart :rolleyes: i wont be defeated by it, i've sourced another one cheep to have a go at. so if i do completely hack it up mines still in one piece :)

I don't have 1/2 the things you do in yours :crybaby: then again I want to go the motorsport route with mine, so a lot of stuff will be going.

Even last night in bed I had the sad thought of getting some bucket seats and having them re-covered with the same style fabric on the back seat and door cards lol..

I wasnt sure if yours did as some prefacelift 99 cars got them.

Im liking that theme :thumbsup: you thinking all out with a roll cage?

I wouldn't mind doing a cage :-) but that would come after a motor swap :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Well the year is almost over, and just a little update, yep a sticker lol. Not a huge spend really, but at this time of year I'm just holding tight until after the new year. I always find it silly ordering parts or asking for jobs to be done this time of year, so I will just wait a little longer :thumbsup:

Then after January I can begin to press on with Connies updates :lol:

TTE2.jpg

Above I have put a small sticker in the rear side window.

tte1.jpg

Looking good as always paul :thumbsup:

Damn i want those wheels so bad!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the new year is in, so I thought it was time to update my thread. There's not much to actualy say about any modifications to my E11 T.T.E due to there not actually being any. All there is for me to say is that come the 21st of January I will have owned Connie for a year. Now this may not seem like much time to many, but for me it's a milestone. I normally tend to sell my cars on after 3-4 months due to becoming bored, but as posted before, the E11 isn't the quickest car I've owned, but it just works for me. I find the handling very enjoyable, and despite only putting out an estimated 109bhp it really does make me smile.

As for updates, well I have stuck on some stickers (pictured below) and have checked the oil and fluids etc, even the tyres still look good, but I only drive 5 miles a day in total.

djcc.jpg

stcikers.jpg

O.K so where does that leave me for this year (2012), well the next 3 weeks at work are going to be mighty hard due to most people being on holiday, but that's ok, it's why I'm there. As for Connie, well this year is the year I start to treat her to some nice little bits and updates. Firstly I will be ordering a carbon front lower lip, again it's a custom part, but I do want to add a little more front end to the car. This will be followed by some carbon canards, along with a bumper respray and refitment with my new fog lights and cut brake ducks which will be meshed. That will take care of my January wage packet :) after that, well some of you may know that 5 years ago I did the noble thing and took on all of my gf's debts as she was struggling to pay them off. Little did I realise the can of worms I uncovered, but I've seen it through and only have one more payment to make at the end of this month, and we will be free from any debts. This alone will make a massive difference to how I live, and I was planning on buying something very new and very quick, but to be honest I love my little Connie to much, and plan on putting in a little investment to finish her off this year, and see what the future brings.

In Febuary I plan on having the door handles resprayed and the rear spoiler, along with having a custom carbon gurney flap fitted. After that the year will just roll on and I will see what comes first. The list is long, i.e coil overs, wheels, brakes, seats, dash, gauges followed by the engine swap or tune.

Right I've gone on a little so will go :)

Thanks for reading.

Regards Paul :thumbsup:

Now this may not seem like much time to many, but for me it's a milestone. I normally tend to sell my cars on after 3-4 months due to becoming bored, but as posted before, the E11 isn't the quickest car I've owned, but it just works for me. I find the handling very enjoyable,

+1 i too have always got rid of my cars after 3-4 months, and my cars been with me 5 now and i have had little interest in other cars :thumbsup: they really are great fun in the twisties ain't they! :D

despite only putting out an estimated 109bhp it really does make me smile.

-1 lol, mines really start to feel "slow" to me now, but i cant seem to part with it. so ill be sticking a VVTL-I engine in mine once i do another 10K on this engine - which gives me time to get the parts :D

i'm really liking the idea of both the carbon canards and gurney flap paul, that sounds an amazing idea that i think would look great on your 'rolla :thumbsup: some real thinking outside of the box there ;) got some real good ideas and plans for the future too there paul, given that your a perfectionist like myself i think your going to turn this into one of the nicest TTE corollas out there :thumbsup:

keep the updates coming :)

steve

Thanks Steve, it's going to take some time, but I really do like this car :thumbsup:

I will look into some better brakes, as I have posted before I get to drive a lot of new cars for work, and the difference in stopping performance is crazy. But don't get me wrong, I love my Connie :thumbsup:

I haven't bought my coil overs yet, the suspension is OEM, low I will admit, but pretty standard for the T.T.E's :)

Still waiting on a few email replys before I jump in and order my first lot of parts for this year :)

No real great update today, as I've had some lovely medical issues over the Christmas holiday :( a sign of getting old my doctor said, old I thought.. %$( that I'm 40 and have my whole life ahead of me lol..

Still, so where does that get me today...? Connie has now been in my ownership for 1 full year, this for me is a personal milestone. I text the previous owner just to say thank you for letting me have her, and that she is still being looked after really well.

Needless to say I have a mental list of things I now want to do, and come the end of January I will be debt free, thus free to enjoy my life, and start to mess with my car a little more.

Today I was meant to be attending a local Japanese car meet, but at work on Friday the 1100l industrial waste bin closed on my head, right on the frontal part of my skull, it almost knocked me out as my eyes went dark. So I still feel a little concussed :( and will just sit around the house.. "oh joy".

As for my list of things, well I want to sort the suspension, I'm looking to go down the coil over route, but I'm not sure on the make yet. I also want to get the car bushed up, as well as fit some new wheels.. I like the Speedline Corse Comp2 wheels. These were used on the WRC, but I can only find them in 16" ? and I thought the rally car ran 17" and 18" rims ?

Comp2_medium.jpg

A lot of people advertise the E11 TTE Corolla with these wheels fitted, but a lot don't realise the wheels fitted to the road Corolla are infact MiM alloys, and just look like the Speedlines. Not that there's owt wrong with them, I just fancy a change.

Still not sure what to do with the interior, I've been offered some Cobra Daytona reclining seats for a couple hundred, but I don't think I will take them, still unsure, as the price is a give away.

My carbon bits should be here next month (mid), then I can get my bumper resprayed, as well as the rear spoiler done.. then I'm unsure, brakes need to be bigger, also needs a rear disc conversion. Still time will tell :)

Hi Paul,

I just saw this thread and wanted to say Congrats! The car looks very nice!

I also like the the rims very very much, can you tell me which model they are?

The wheels that are on my car are 16" MiM alloys, they came fitted at the Toyota Dealership. They often come up on eBay for a couple of quid. :)

Also thanks for the positive comments.

The wheels that are on my car are 16" MiM alloys, they came fitted at the Toyota Dealership. They often come up on ebay for a couple of quid. :)

Also thanks for the positive comments.

I really wanted to know the model, but since you also don't know I'll just keep searching. Thanks anyway. ;)

Hi Dany,

I have sent MiM an email asking for the model name, they look like an older version of the MiM indianapolis wheels.. but I know there not. All I was told in the past is that they were a one off for this model of car.

When they respond I will let you know ok ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links