Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

Thanks, I think I will book a dyno-run and then I know where I'm at :thumbsup:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

Paul, are you looking for a front strut brace? One for across the front strut tops?

I could be interested, although I'm really after either a TRD 3 point or an ultra racing 3 point (pictures below).

1.jpg

9.jpg

But please let me know what you have for sale :thumbsup:

I don't have one for sale, sadly, could do with the extra pocket money!

Just wondered if one like mine would be any good? Genuine TTE standard fit front upper strut brace, 3 point mount.

I'm sure some searching would find a facelift SR in a breakers... (boo-hoo).

Paul, I've had a look at my (filthy) white wheels now and they are deffo MiM wheels like yours. On the back of each spoke is some information about the wheels eg. 100 PID etc. Nice to know they're the same wheels so that means your car probably had that factory TTE kit at the time of purchase as well.

I think I'm going to be getting my wheels sprayed silver or anthracite as white is far too high maintenance for me!

cheers mate

White wheels are a pain in the ***** lol :thumbsup: but I love em, cant wait to see yours all sprayed up.

It'll be a while I'm afraid Paul as funds are tight - but I've been quoted £50 a wheel + vat and want them done properly. I am going to go for anthracite on them as I don't want to be forever cleaning them (ie more than once a week!).

But good news, the white TTE spoiler is in to the sprayers to be sprayed black so that will be going on the car soon! Quoted £110+VAT worst case scenario - expensive but I would always get my money back on that.

How is your parts-find going?

That sounds good :thumbsup:

As for my car parts find, well I'm looking at having some stuff fabricated now. Work has been a nightmare lately so I've had a bad week for time. I did a 10.5hr day Friday and a 14hr day Saturday, and although the money will be good I've just had zero time to chase anybody up. Also two of my forums, including my own car club one has secome to catastrophic server based database errors (meaning the hoast has lost everything). Needless to say I'm unsure if I have the time, money and patience to start them both from scratch again, bad times.

Still at 8:30am tomorrow when I hop in my car, let it warm up, and take it to work all my worries will be gone :thumbsup:

Not much of a mod, just taxed the car for another 6 months :thumbsup: Can't handle how much road tax is today.. :censor:

I also stopped off and bought a Bush FDV200, its a little HD Pocket camcorder. Argos have them on offer for £29.99 :yes:

The idea in buying a cheap one is that I want to mount it on or in my car somewhere and make some videos. Nothing crazy, just to film some of the lovely driving roads in Dorset.

I tried to make a video this afternoon of the car, but its so light it's near on impossible to hold it still with your hand, so when I put it in or on my car I will use a good mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbWb3K-waqE

• 2 weeks later...

Well today at work we had the website stock photographer around, so I took the chance and nabbed a couple of photos via my phone (sorry) of his G6.

07062011002.jpg

07062011.jpg

As for my own car, well no updates as of yet, still have savings but no bits to buy. I'm actually considering buying a Soarer 2.5TT and putting a manual gearbox in it, and either selling the SR or keeping it as a run around (slow to mod car).. (as I love it to bits lol)

:thumbsup:

I know what you mean about those Soarers, they are very nice.

But before you part with that hard-earned in your pocket, have you considered a Corolla Levin? Those in black look mean n moody!

Well today at work we had the website stock photographer around, so I took the chance and nabbed a couple of photos via my phone (sorry) of his G6.

07062011002.jpg

07062011.jpg

As for my own car, well no updates as of yet, still have savings but no bits to buy. I'm actually considering buying a Soarer 2.5TT and putting a manual gearbox in it, and either selling the SR or keeping it as a run around (slow to mod car).. (as I love it to bits lol)

:thumbsup:

Lovin your red SR mate, you would regret selling it thrust me! Looking at that standard G6 reminds me when i got mind, exact same, she came from Wrexham. You would love my neck of the woods guys, no **** theres more SRs,G6s and G6Rs than you can through a stick at around here.

Thats actually very nice :thumbsup:

I'm pretty cert I will hang onto the SR what ever I do.. I'm going to take a week off work soon and start ringing places up asking what bits and bobs do they have for my car lol..

I think those Levins may be easier to soop-up if that's what you're after doing?

The price of them is good as well, not sure about general parts though, but if you were looking at a Soarer they aren't going to be cheap for parts! I do like the V8 versions of those Soarers in white of course!

Anyway, here's another Levin for you: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2893109.htm

They look pretty similar to a Honda Integra but without the nasty price-tag :thumbsup:

I think all I want to do it tighten mine up a little and give it a bit more go.

The problem I have is that I like to know all of the bits I want are available as I've learnt from my mistakes in the past.

Here's a list of things I would like to do and the problems I'm having.

1. The WRC route was my original plan, but despite everybodys help on here and me emailing about 4 different people about there kits, I've had 2 emails bounce back, and 2 non replies.

2. Coilovers - BC racing do some lovely ones, which is a win, but see problems listed below.

3. Chassis braces - I've had some luck with these, but I don't just want an upper front, I want a lower front, and the same on the back.

4. Roll cage - If I can't have braces then a good dash save cage would be nice, but I have gotten NO where with this :crybaby:

5. Carbon Fibre panels for the inside, i.e door cards, rear 1/4 panels etc, again noone has these, so it's custom and mega ££££

6. Complete polly bush set, again will only order these if I can get the chassis braces, uprated top mounts etc.

The list does go on lol, so far I have about £2k in the car fund jar.. but I always like to do the car in stages, so chassis and suspension, then interior etc.. and all I do is keep hitting walls.

Please don't read this as a !Removed! post lol.. as I do love the car.. but I have a strange addictions of wanting to mod and waste money on my cars.

I have found some nice wheels that they fitted to the WRC cars.. which is ok, but again.. with out the other bits I won't do it. I also want a Japanese style exhaust, not just a hacked up back box made to fit my car. Something of quality, i.e HKS etc.. but again nothing :crybaby:

Fensport do a Cusco cage for the AE101 hatchback, Fitted one in my 20V, so i'm sure they could get one for AE111, May even be the same cage.

They also do suspension bush kits, Had to change rear link bars on the 20V to AE111, as they have different size [smaller]bushes and AE101 were not available.

Uprated TRD anti roll bars can be sourced from Japan.

Kev.

This is a nice forum, thanks chaps :thumbsup:

what else you after mate?? i did find a 4-2-1 manifold and jdm style exhaust system, some nice induction kits and fk does some coilovers for the e11 :thumbsup:

I have sent some emails about having a large carbon airbox made, and relocate the Battery in the boot, but am starting to like the idea of a big mushroom filter mounted down behind the front bumper (a long arm induction system).

I would also like some brakes that work well lol.. my problem is I drive brand new Fords almost everyday, and despite my car having brand new discs, pads, rear linings etc.. its still not where I want it to be. Is there an easy brake upgrade via another Toyota ? or does it mean spending out £1k on some big brake conversion ?

I wouldn't mind having the sun roof removed too, I did this with a Pug 205 GTi I have, but it was just a panel tacked on, this time I would like it a little more "nicer" lol.

I'm also looking for little things like coloured suspension parts, arms etc ? I can understand that the E11 doesn't really demand the same kind of markets as a Civic.. but a little choice would be nice :thumbsup:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJl7BjFKnM

Tested my cam out today, seems odd, when I placed it in the car the audio just goes all clicky, don't think it's the plugs.

Oh and before anyone says, The video is about a road where I live, not about how fast I can drive it, I was lucky to do 60 mph on a 60 limit road, such is life.

I'm getting the feeling you really like this car Paul? Taking it out for little video shoots, wanting to dress it up etc. etc. - you're in lurrrrve! :thumbsup:

Just a quick question, I've been looking into Supra's - have you thought about one of those as the amount of changes you're looking to make to one of these you could probably by a UK spec Supra and get the power you look like you're after or a nice import version? Just a thought mate....

Yeah I do like the car every time I drive it :thumbsup:

As for the Supra, I actually like the MK3's always have done, but 99% of the ones that come up for sale that are tidy are autos, and sadly I just don't get on with them. Same problem with the Soarer, love the 2.5 TT but it's an auto.

I think I may just start to look at "other" Supras lol.. I just liked the idea of a retro car. As for imports, I hate the insurance on them, seems even at 40 with maximum no claims (touch wood) I'm still looking at high'ish premiums.

Will you still hang on to your collection of Corollas ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links