Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

What dose a TTE spoiler cost ?

lots :wacko: they are around £80-£100 for a replica one

I don't have that replica one. It says TTE. And under the spoiler is some information.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

Firstly nice looking car :thumbsup: Ok if you go and look at your rear spoiler it should have a few markings on it.

One of the markings to look for is like this, but people have been known to just buy the T.T.E badges (from somewhere)

013.jpg

The next thing to do is check under the wing to see if it has these markings..

TTErearspoiler.jpg

If not it's prob a replica which is fine :thumbsup: as for the cost, well mine came fitted to the car and like mr-p said replicas run around the £80 - £100. An original is a little harder to find, best bet is scrap yards, as ones that come up on eBay command WAY to much money.

(just seen you post saying its not a replica, so its worth a few quid :yes: )

It'd probably be worth more to someone if they didn't have to respray it.

A few guys on here (me included!) have original white spoilers, Paul has a red one, you've got a silver one, no-one has a black spoiler I know of which I'd like for my car so I don't have to spray it.

I'm guessing on eBay an original TTE spoiler would be £150 - £200?

Maybe the user 'e11sr' will see this and tell us how much he paid for the one I think he has on his car?

(love that Silver E11 by the way - very nice indeed)

Yea i got those marks on my spoiler :) It was fitted allready on my car when i bought it! Sorry if i did talk in you'r topic bud, but i had to ask :) :D

Thanks , So i bought a G6R :D

No worries.. it's all Corolla related :thumbsup:

Why thank you, I tried out my clay kit today, I've only done the bonnet and one side, and I'm :wacko: lol

JumoJN - start off a thread so we can see more of your car mate as I really like these facelift 'rollas, and when/if you update/upgrade it it won't be hidden within someone else's thread. :thumbsup:

Paul - I'm really confused by claying a car. What does it actually do? I've used tar remover and Autoglum Super Resin Polish which is great, so what does claying bring to the party and when should it be done? I understand you can do it on windows as well. Cheers mate.

I have only used a clay bar once but I used it after the cleaning process but before wax and polish, basically it just pulls the dirt and impurities from the paintwork think of it as clearasil for paint. When I did my rolla i pulled mainly a yellow/ tar coloured grime from the paintwork, tbh it only looked a little cleaner but my god the paintwork was silky smooth

Paul - nice job you did there on your bump strip. Did you buy the paint from Halfrauds in the end? How many layers did you put on as it looks good. As its a different material from the doors I'm sure it will blend in just fine.

Cheers 'mooser. So I should wash the car, Autoglum Super Resin Polish it (will make the paint smooth), then clay it, then polish it then? I've learnt so much from the old 'single bucket then chamois it' days!

I was told (rightly or wrongly) to do it after I had washed it and got it as clean as I could, not sure if you would do it after the resin, I did mine before any polishing or wax.

There is loads on the net about how to do it one of which is below and seems to be a reasonable guide

http://www.carcareadvice.co.uk/faq/exterior-paintwork/what-is-a-claybar.htm

Paul - nice job you did there on your bump strip. Did you buy the paint from Halfrauds in the end? How many layers did you put on as it looks good. As its a different material from the doors I'm sure it will blend in just fine.

I did buy the paint from Halfrauds, it's Toyota Red 3E5 and is a perfect match (so much for the body shops concerns over the difference in red. It's a 300ml can for £6.29 which isn't that bad. The only downside for me is that my nearest Halfrauds is 25 miles away, but the drive over was nice :thumbsup:

As for how many coats, well I only did about 3, but it looks good. Realistically I should do them all as the others have faded a little, well faded maybe the wrong word, the other bump guards look a little matt.

I've spoken to my mate Craig today who runs a body shop about having the bump guards removed. I would try it myself but don't have a heat gun to use..

The clay bar kit I bought was the Turtle Wax Refine & Shine, this was the cheapest one there at £16.99. Normally I use Autoglym or Meguiars products, but given they cost at least £10 more, and that my paint work isn't perfect I thought I would give it a miss.

Using it is pretty easy, normally just after you wash and dry your car you spray the area you are going to clay with the clay lubricant, and just rub the clay across the paint work. Then I just use a microfiber cloth to wipe it off the lubricant.

The best thing is the feel, if you put the palm of your hand on your cars body work and lightly move your hand back and forth it feels silky smooth :thumbsup: if you try that before claying you can feel the grit in the paint.

I will add that claying a car doesn't repair scratches or stone chips... and I only do it so 1.I'm out of the house and 2.the car also cuts through the air quicker with less drag ( I wish :rolleyes: ).

I've been reviewing my car a lot today, looking at what to do.. and although it's a clean car there's lots of little jobs I need to finish.

1. Sort the alarm led out as it flashes even when I'm driving, which is annoying at night time - Solution is to fit a switch or put tape over it lol (I will do the 1st).

2. Possibly remove the bump guards down the side all together, go for that clean wrc look.

3. Have the front bumper resprayed - not sure I want to try that one with Halfraud cans in my conservatory :D

4. I'm thinking of having some more white put on the car, i.e rear wing center and a little on the bonnet (not sure if it will ruin it?)

5. I'm also thinking of stripping the car of most of it's interior and sunroof but again I don't want to ruin it.

6. Thinking of getting some BC coilovers

7. Custom exhaust made..

Also still thinking long term about an engine swap, but even though I'm 40 and this sound childish I feel the engine in the car is it's heart... lol

Something like this..

marl.jpg

or this...

red.jpg

Oh and I've had an email back from a distributor in Malaysia about some braces... :yahoo: only taken about 3 months.

Hi Paul,

I'm not so sure about the white on the car but you will love the look without the side bump strips - it really does give it a classy look, if you're not too worried about idiots opening their doors up onto your pride and joy.

Don't lose the sunroof, you will miss it! My white one doesn't have a sunroof and I wish it had. If you want to lose some weight out of the car why not unbolt the air-con - that ways a bit?

I've not seen that red rally car before, looks pretty smart.

Maybe the user 'e11sr' will see this and tell us how much he paid for the one I think he has on his car?

(love that Silver E11 by the way - very nice indeed)

I bought my TTE rear spolier in August 2001 - back then it cost £194 from Fensport and about £100 to have it painted and fitted.

Thanks for the kind comment about my Corolla :D

John

I'm not so sure about the white on the car but you will love the look without the side bump strips - it really does give it a classy look, if you're not too worried about idiots opening their doors up onto your pride and joy.

Don't lose the sunroof, you will miss it! My white one doesn't have a sunroof and I wish it had. If you want to lose some weight out of the car why not unbolt the air-con - that ways a bit?

I've not seen that red rally car before, looks pretty smart.

The red rally car is actually a model kit that someone made based on this car :

I like the look a lot but have this gut feeling I won't pull it off on a road car with standard sized wheel arches. I have contacted this company about a kit WRC Kit but the emails bounce back and the phone numbers didn't work for me ?? I have also emailed a company in Germany about the body kit, but again 3-4 weeks of waiting and nothing. Sometimes I get mighty frustrated with companies as put simply all I want to do is spend a little of my hard earnt savings on my car. :crybaby: Don't get me wrong I'm not loaded or anything, I just work hard to enjoy my one pleasure in life, my cars. I bought this TTE SR purely because I used to love watching them being rallied, but so far in nearly 4 months I have had NO joy :censor: Still I knew it wouldn't easy as it's not a Civic (been there done that(picture included)).

IMG_3287.jpg

I think your right on the sunroof idea, it seems a lot of hassel having a plate made to cover the hole (unless it was a carbo roof).. so I will retain some road refinement and leave it be :thumbsup: The idea of saving weight is a good idea, but I think I would start on myself before I start on the a/c, although having said that I only turned it on to see if it worked when I bought it :lol:

The bump guards is a tuff one, I suspect I will have them taken off :yes: and just live with people opening there doors into mine :huh:

I swear I did, but I will send off another email :thumbsup:

Firstly nice looking car :thumbsup: Ok if you go and look at your rear spoiler it should have a few markings on it.

One of the markings to look for is like this, but people have been known to just buy the T.T.E badges (from somewhere)

013.jpg

The next thing to do is check under the wing to see if it has these markings..

TTErearspoiler.jpg

If not it's prob a replica which is fine :thumbsup: as for the cost, well mine came fitted to the car and like mr-p said replicas run around the £80 - £100. An original is a little harder to find, best bet is scrap yards, as ones that come up on ebay command WAY to much money.

(just seen you post saying its not a replica, so its worth a few quid :yes: )

I got my TTE spoiler today!!!

I got it off eBay and although the eBay listing never actually said it was a replica I think it is (always suspected it would be).

Although I haven't offered it up to the car yet it seems to be of very high quality. It all seems smoothed off very well, if maybe a little rough round the edges just on the underside but nothing neglible.

Interestingly, it does have all the TTE details / part numbers that you have pictured here. There is also another data stamp on the very underside saying 'Made in Germany' as well as other markings. But again my guess is that these are just moulded from an original - there is a chance it is infact genuine but I don't think so.

It has the recess for the TTE Badge on the back edge - but has no actual Badge. However, I have a lovely perfectly sized TTE decal that will soon sort that out!

But anyway, loving the SR Paul you seem to be looking after it very well! Very lucky to have all those genuine TTE goodies!

My G6 is going in to the body shop a week today to have the rear bumper resprayed, side rub strips resprayed and the new TTE wing painted and fitted so I'll have to start a build thread soon and join the E11 fold! :thumbsup:

Yeah thanks, I look forward to your build thread :thumbsup: get it up asap!!

I've emailed a company in Malaysia about shipping costs on a few chassis braces, so fingers crossed they don't take 3 months to get back to me, as then I will start to order some bits :drool:

Ben G6 - come on mate - unless you get those pics up soon (before and after) we'll be having you down on here as a dreamer - not really owning a rolla at all! :lol:

Paul - is Malaysia the only way forward? Have you checked eBay US and all the European versions? I'd rather send my money to Germany than Malaysia, can't believe they're the only guys doing these braces? Hope they're not for your sake - could be kissing goodbye to your money unless they accept Paypal?

Paul - is Malaysia the only way forward? Have you checked ebay US and all the European versions? I'd rather send my money to Germany than Malaysia, can't believe they're the only guys doing these braces? Hope they're not for your sake - could be kissing goodbye to your money unless they accept Paypal?

I haven't checked eBay USA or the Europe :thumbsup: will do that now thanks. I tend to only look at the U.K and Japan.

Today when I finished work I went off to private army camp near to me to do some acceleration tests on my car just to see how it did (they also do help the hero track days). I borrowed a Gtech Pro SS, renowned to be inaccurate, the other was using an app for my iPhone called Dynolicious which come very highly rated. The other and finale gadget was a little gadget from a company called Racelogic.

I did a couple of slow runs to calibrate all the stuff, and 2 what I thought was quick runs.

IMG_0010.jpg

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 1.10 sec

0-20 MPH: 2.38 sec

0-30 MPH: 4.23 sec

0-40 MPH: 5.99 sec

0-50 MPH: 7.89 sec

0-60 MPH: 10.69 sec

0-70 MPH: 13.49 sec

0-80 MPH: 16.51 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 3.00 sec @ 23.7 MPH

330': 7.87 sec @ 48.7 MPH

1/8 mi: 11.78 sec @ 62.2 MPH

1000': 15.07 sec @ 76.3 MPH

1/4 mi: 17.80 sec @ 80.8 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 82.6 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.53 G's

Peak Horsepower: 133 HP

The horsepower is worked out buy putting in the weight of the car and the weight of the driver (which I weighed at the local postoffice (thank you)) although I think it was a little high as it's only meant to have 109bhp from stock.

The second one I think is a better reflection on the cars correct bhp figure.

IMG_0011.jpg

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 1.25 sec

0-20 MPH: 2.34 sec

0-30 MPH: 3.58 sec

0-40 MPH: 5.86 sec

0-50 MPH: 7.86 sec

0-60 MPH: 11.18 sec

0-70 MPH: 14.37 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 3.03 sec @ 24.9 MPH

330': 7.80 sec @ 48.1 MPH

1/8 mi: 11.82 sec @ 62.1 MPH

1000': 15.24 sec @ 71.0 MPH

1/4 mi: 18.11 sec @ 77.7 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 78.4 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.53 G's

Peak Horsepower: 105 HP

That's probably pretty accurate 0-60 time wise.

Toyota's figure is 9.9 seconds - and you have the 16" wheels on so thats probably about right what you've got!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links