Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

Ah soz miss understood, yeah the front calipers would look mighty in red, but the car has rear drums, unlike the G6R, so I'm looking at a rear disc conversion. Just wondered if I could up the disc size first :thumbsup:

I just had confirmation that my Ultra racing 3 point front upper strut brace has been shipped, so should be here in a week :drool:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

Yeah I think I will do that :thumbsup: good idea ;)

Just ordered my silver indicator bulbs.

cool, hope it works out bro

why dont you try a rwd conversion like sonur that sounds epic

A rwd comversion sounds crazy, I've seen (online) some EK Civics that have been done, but not a Corolla, I wonder how that would feel ? 4wd would be nice :thumbsup:

I just think I will chip away each month and order some bits here an there, and see where I get in a few months time ;)

As for photos..

MidFront.jpg

Shadow.jpg

(big shadow)

Rearlow.jpg

Rearlong.jpg

Office.jpg

Lowfront.jpg

HighFront.jpg

Frontcornermid.jpg

Once I get the rear spoiler and front bumper resprayed I will try and arrange some "arty" photos :thumbsup: (Got the other 1/2's MOT first, and she drives a Pug 306 :censor: )

I really like this 'rolla, great colours and a lovely style! :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking snaps mate :)

KP

What a stunng example of the tte corolla, the best colour too ;) think mine needs to be lowered with the wheels painted white :)

As for the 306 the only good one of those is the gti-6 god i loved that car!!

Again thanks for the comments.

I have some silvertec indicators bulbs on there way in the post, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Also my Ultra Racing 3 point strut brace is now in China, so it's getting here, what are the chances of me being stung with import duty, as I never get away with gifts lol :crybaby:

Tomorrow my car is in the workshop having the inner N/S cv boot changed, and the rear brakes cleaned and hand brake adjusted. After which I have the other 1/2s 306 to MOT, that will prob bankrupt me, then time for some shopping :drool:

I was going to get the front bumper and rear wing sprayed after Christmas, but I may be able to bring that forward to just before, so all is looking very good. One thing I did notice today was the brakes, hopefully after the rear adjustment tomorrow the car should pull up really well. It stops !Removed! quick, but my prob is that I drive "other" cars at work, i.e. today I drove a 307CC, 206, new Focus, Focus estate, VW Golf estate, new VW Golf GTi, Vectra (spit), KA, French C3 thing ? and a few others, and all of them seemed to put me through the windscreen lol :blink:

I will see what the lads say in the workshop tomorrow..

I want to look at relocating the stereo (or throwing it away) to the double din sized area in the middle of the dash, and then put 3 gauges up the top.. Oddly I did this years ago on a Mk3 Cortina (yes I'm 40 :rolleyes: ), but I'm a little unsure at the moment on what gauges to put in. Always thinking of future proofing the car you see..

Thanks for that, I will put them on the shopping list :thumbsup:

Had a bit of a home run with the car today, My Philips Silver Vision bulbs arrived in the post 1st thing this morning, so I was all set to come home from work and get a little photo guide up of fitting them but....

11102011007.jpg

As I posted up the other day, my car was booked in today to have the front N/S inner cv boot changed, well I was in the office when I had a visit from one of the mechanics saying they had a problem. I feared the worse, but he said they took it all apart, went to fit the part, only to find they had been sent the wrong boot :!Removed!:

Fine I thought, just reorder the correct one, but it was too late in the day :crybaby:

11102011.jpg

Here's the mess from where the other one split (note to self, need to clean here).

ramp.jpg

As I left Connie tonight on the ramp :crybaby:

Still I borrowed this lovely little runner from work to get me home (which just about beat walking).

loan.jpg

Photos taken on my E63 :unsure: so not the best..

SO here's me with my fingers crossed for tomorrow, as there is a big Japanese car meet here tomorrow night which I hope to go to.

A small pain in the arse but at least you don't have any uknown's or massive price hikes etc. You will have her back and revving tomorrow :thumbsup:

KP

Yeah very true, not sure what the bill will be, I do get a discount which is lucky, the best bit was the Ford I borrowed seemed to be stuck on Radio Solent.. now I maybe 40, but it wasn't my thing :eek:

Discounts always make the day better :) :yes:

Just don't send it for the MOT the week before a show.... I cropped a £300 bill for a new rear calliper, front calliper union and a few other bits and pieces. :lol:

Make sure you let us how it all goes :)

KP

Well, the local auto express factors turned up today, and you will never guess what.. yeap the wrong bit again :censor:

So out parts manager got on the phone to Toyota, and I should have a new inner CV boot tomorrow :crybaby: , so I'm sat at home, my camera is charged and I've no way of getting to the meet :crybaby:

Well, the local auto express factors turned up today, and you will never guess what.. yeap the wrong bit again :censor:

So out parts manager got on the phone to Toyota, and I should have a new inner CV boot tomorrow :crybaby: , so I'm sat at home, my camera is charged and I've no way of getting to the meet :crybaby:

thats sum major f*** up mate sorry to hear. they should do the replacement for free for that, in fact they should be paying you.

but at least youll have her back tommorow the beauty

Well your right, I got her back today. The inner boot that was meant to turn up at 10am today actually turned up at 4:30pm, but the lads in the workshop stayed and fitted it all back together for me, so a top job by them :thumbsup:

Had some parcels come today: (sorry bad picture)

Post.jpg

My new Japanese Performance magazine :thumbsup: Forza 4 :thumbsup: and my Ultra Racing upper 3 point strut brace :yahoo:

As it was just starting to get dark when I got home I quickly took some photos of myself fitting the indicators to the car.

2-3.jpg

OK the picture above shows what the indicator lense looks like with the oranage 581 bulb in it.

1-3.jpg

Right when you open your bonnet your will see a small cross headed screw, so fetch yourself a cross headed screwdriver, and set about undoing the screw.

3-3.jpg

Once the scew is removed you can then push the secure tab on the back of the indicator lense and pull it out. This may require some twisting to allow the clip to become free from the oval hole in the wing.

4-1.jpg

With the indicator unit free, you can turn the bulb plug and remove it from the indicator lense.

Picture277.jpg

Picture278.jpg

This is the orange 581 bulb, so push gentle and twist the bulb, and it will pop out.

Picture279.jpg

Now do the same but in reverse when fitting the new silver bulbs.

Picture280.jpg

Now this is actually pretty silver, but it was getting dark, hense the orange tint.

5-1.jpg

This is all clipped back in, nice and tidy :thumbsup:

Took 5 mins if that to do both sides, so well done Toyota.

This weekend I will set about the 3 point strut brace, sadly this may take a few mins. I have to remove the wiper arms, rain scuttle panel, drill some holes in the bulb head.

So should be fun :thumbsup:

Thank you, my clear side wing indicator units with silver 501 bulbs are in the post, so hopefully they maybe her before the weekend to :thumbsup:

so far the best bit ive seen is forza 4 :P ive just got back from tesco 24hr to tell me they dont know where it is out back and cant find it :censor: i may of broke some tesco employees legs.... my ultra racing 3 point brace is turning up tuesday! however its going straight into the workshop for some redecorative paint purple on white is the theme :)

Luke

Yeah I play online "PaulinhoT" is my live id :thumbsup:

Luke, will be interesting to see what your Ultra Racing brace looks like, make sure you post up some photos :thumbsup:

One thing I did notice today was the brakes, hopefully after the rear adjustment tomorrow the car should pull up really well. It stops !Removed! quick, but my prob is that I drive "other" cars at work, i.e. today I drove a 307CC, 206, new Focus, Focus estate, VW Golf estate, new VW Golf GTi, Vectra (spit), KA, French C3 thing ? and a few others, and all of them seemed to put me through the windscreen lol :blink:

I will see what the lads say in the workshop tomorrow..

With reference these other cars putting you 'through the windscreen'.. More modern cars have a larger, more 'boosted' servo. This is why they 'bite' the way they do. The downside is a trade off in 'feel' I find. It's very 'artificial' to me.

I would have to agree with your comment 100%, I like the feedback via my brake pedal, you can almost feel the tread moving just before you lock a brake :thumbsup: where as on the new cars it seems to come on slowly then BAM I've stopped :censor:

Right ok, I finished work by mid afternoon today so was able to come home and do a few jobs to Connie. I managed to fit my new side indicators and 3 point strut brace before my "oldmans" back started to hurt.

I bought some clear side indicators from Ultra Auto Design, there not too bad in terms of quality and I'm 70% happy with them.

Picture287.jpg

Ok the photo above show the OEM Toyota Orange side indicators, which I actually like, but thought I would fit on some clear ones.

Picture288.jpg

When you go to remove these use a very flat thin edged tool, I have a special bit of metal to do this, but take care NOT to scratch the wing. You need to press the release tab on the back side of the light unit. Once you do this you can just pull the unit out of the wing.

Picture289.jpg

Unscrew the orange lense away from the plug at the end of the cable.

Picture290.jpg

Remove the 501 capless bulb and replace it with your silver 501 :thumbsup:

Picture291.jpg

Then screw the new clear lense back on.

Picture292.jpg

Turn and press back into the wing, and it is that simple.

The thing was when I stepped away from the car I didn't like the look of the unit as the rubber was hidden behind the lense.

So I removed the old rubber off the OEM unit and took a look at them both...

Picture293.jpg

The Toyota one offers more around the edges, so I tried it on the car to see what I thought.

Picture294.jpg

Yep 100% better in my eyes :thumbsup: so that is how it will stay. Now fitted I think they look rather nice, and yes it is the little things that look good :thumbsup:

Right just going to upload some more photo's and then do another post :yahoo:

Also on my "todo" list was fit my newly arrived Ultra Racing 3 point strut brace, so I just managed to fit it this afternoon before it got dark, windy and rather crap :crybaby:

So yesterday I pre-oiled my strut top bolts with some penetrating oil (I had a bad experience with one of my Civic bolts breaking off in the past). This made easy work of undoing the nuts, this was after I snapped my small socket set reducer from the cheap'o Drapper set my Mrs had bought me :toast: so out come my real tools.

Right with the Ultra racing brace you only need to undo the two inner nuts on both sides, not all three as with most braces.

Picture295.jpg

As you can see below (again bad picture) They came off pretty easy, but did require a little force.

Picture296.jpg

I then placed the 3 point brace over the top just to check it fitted 100% which it did, although there was a gap between the third point and the bulk head, which had me worried for about 30 seconds.

Picture298.jpg

Picture300.jpg

Right next was to remove the wiper arms, before I did this I marked the windscreen with tape to show where the blades rested. The other way to do this is to paint a tiny white line on the arm and across the bolt so when you come back to fitting them you can align them with ease.

Picture301.jpg

Once you have done this you want to remove the nuts holding the arms on, and lift the arms away from the screen. There is a special tool for this, but I've never had to use one.

Picture302.jpg

Next remove all of the screws on the rain skuttle, along with the rubber seal and clips.

Picture303.jpg

Picture304.jpg

Picture305.jpg

These little plastic clips can be very brittle with age, so be careful not to break any.

Picture306.jpg

Once all of the clips are out, lift the skuttle away above the bonnet.

Picture307.jpg

Next I placed the 3 point brace back on to mark up where the holes needed to be on the bulk head.

Picture308.jpg

These are the bolts that came with the brace.

Picture310.jpg

The fun part was about to start, the bolts are about 8.8mm so I went and got my dril (big mother) and a metal bit, put a tiny bit of oil on the area I was going to drill and slowly started to go about drilling the whole.

Picture311.jpg

Now either Ultra racing designed the 3rd point to line up with the two indentations that are on the bulk head, or Toyota made the Shell with the thought of running a 3 point brace ?

Picture313.jpg

With the holes drilled I then treated the inside of the holes to some anti rust treatment. (You can see my cambelt stickers)

Picture314.jpg

Next was to bolt the whole thing up, I bolted the bolts on the bulkhead first, but I didn't murder then to much. I then tightened the strut top bolts going from one side to ther other.

Then just do everything in reverse and you will be sorted :thumbsup:

After a drive around the nuts will need a nip down again, just to be 100% :thumbsup:

Picture315.jpg

Picture318.jpg

Picture319.jpg

Picture321.jpg

Picture323.jpg

All tight and fitted :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links