Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

Juniper blue is a lot different to denim blue, think purple 

I think it is the colour in the MY23 videos online.

3 hours ago, B19Jon said:

I think it is the colour in the MY23 videos online.

Oh, so like the TS in this article? Hmmmm, that's more purple than blue.

Might be looking to change that if it is the case, as we like the Obsidian Blue

Screenshot_20221220-231414.png

13 hours ago, Mash_ said:

Oh, so like the TS in this article? Hmmmm, that's more purple than blue.

Might be looking to change that if it is the case, as we like the Obsidian Blue

Screenshot_20221220-231414.png

Yes, I believe so. I think there are other Toyota models available in that colour. This one is showing a Juniper Blue online.

image.thumb.jpeg.bdf9f045e49f8598f8795ab570401aeb.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’ve ordered my M23 in Juniper Blue. I thought it would be easy to find in the car park. Only Corolla in that colour 😂

• Like 1

Well a choice letter to the CEO about crap customer service and incredibly poor communication paid off as the dealer came good with a replacement in red which I have collected today.

• Like 2

Todays Toyota informed dealers all NCO ( Non covered order ) for MY22 have now been programmed into MY23 build schedule. MY23 Production is to start soon with final MY22 running down the lines now.

All Hatchback NCO orders taken prior to August 2022 will fulfilled by March production with April deliveries

All Touring Sport NCO taken prior to August 2022 will be fulfilled by May production with June deliveries

All orders taken after August 2022 will be fulfilled from June production onwards, rough guesstimate would be:

September order > June production > July delivery

October order > July production > August delivery 

and so on...

• Thanks 5

Thanks for the update. Given the Toyota online channels we’re advising as recently as last month new orders for MY23 would be fulfilled by May then I think there will be some disappointment!

Looking at some of the other posts on this thread there are orders from Feb/March that are still to be fulfilled so I guess my May order has another few months to go based on that timeline!

Merry Christmas all!

I've just had my order for my 1.8 Icon TS appear in the MyT app.

Order placed in September so looks like I have a long wait.

Would be nice for Toyota to get their act together and tell us what the specs will actually be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danharvey said:

Would be nice for Toyota to get their act together and tell us what the specs will actually be.

I ordered beginning sept, within a week of my23 orders opening, agree it’s time they announced the final spec given they now have production plans, I was told 1March but looks like it’ll be even more delayed than last years which was 2 months late. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Todays Toyota informed dealers all NCO ( Non covered order ) for MY22 have now been programmed into MY23 build schedule. MY23 Production is to start soon with final MY22 running down the lines now.

All Hatchback NCO orders taken prior to August 2022 will fulfilled by March production with April deliveries

All Touring Sport NCO taken prior to August 2022 will be fulfilled by May production with June deliveries

All orders taken after August 2022 will be fulfilled from June production onwards, rough guesstimate would be:

September order > June production > July delivery

October order > July production > August delivery 

and so on...

Thanks for the update, I phoned a London dealer who confirmed any orders placed now would be June and that they are now only making MY23. MY22 has ceased production. So I guess I will be getting a MY23 at some point in 2023 not that anyone has told me that.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:13 PM, Davidz said:

I have asked Toyota UK to make a statement on the position for customers whom have being waiting what are they getting MY22 or MY23 and are they honouring APR deals 

15 hours ago, Danharvey said:

When you say specs what are you referring to as the attached has existed for quite a while

Corolla Update MY23 Bulletin.pdf

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, B19Jon said:

Thanks for the update. Given the Toyota online channels we’re advising as recently as last month new orders for MY23 would be fulfilled by May then I think there will be some disappointment!

Looking at some of the other posts on this thread there are orders from Feb/March that are still to be fulfilled so I guess my May order has another few months to go based on that timeline!

Merry Christmas all!

Looks like April if you ordered a HB or June for a TS

8 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

When you say specs what are you referring to as the attached has existed for quite a while

Corolla Update MY23 Bulletin.pdf 2.19 MB · 7 downloads

That September bulletin is not the final spec., dealers will tell you they are still waiting for the final spec from Toyota but Toyota aren’t saying, it’s likely dealers will get a physical demo my23 before Toyota confirm, not a good way to treat your customers or dealers, could be supply chain issues but if so, just say so

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

That September bulletin is not the final spec., dealers will tell you they are still waiting for the final spec from Toyota but Toyota aren’t saying, it’s likely dealers will get a physical demo my23 before Toyota confirm, not a good way to treat your customers or dealers, could be supply chain issues but if so, just say so

Dealers already have MY23 Demo now 

If dealers have the demo now anyone know if there are any changes to the sept bulletin spec?

49 minutes ago, simond64 said:

If dealers have the demo now anyone know if there are any changes to the sept bulletin spec?

I phoned a dealer in London, maybe just phone and ask them…. I assume that Toyota MY22 production has now ceased, why they are so late with website changes is quite staggering 

How have Toyota been for previous MY updates? 

Curious whether the production delays, and final spec questions we're seeing have highlighted these issues or whether they are "current". 

Being on a pedestal of sorts, for JIT production, efficiency and building a huge amount of vehicles; this experience for me has been more interesting than I had expected.

But we're also not alone, with other manufacturers in the same boat (we've had friends waiting around 1yr for a new Nissan). 

What is the new acceptable and how will production catch-up?

Hope some of us get a New Years gift!

3 hours ago, Davidz said:

Dealers already have MY23 Demo now 

Not according to Toyota, phase 1 demo's will arrive in January these will a 1.8 HB GR Sport for Demo & 2.0 Excel TS for showroom, Followed in February by a 2.0 HB GR Sport for showroom, freeing off the 2.0 Excel TS for Demo use

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mash_ said:

How have Toyota been for previous MY updates? 

Curious whether the production delays, and final spec questions we're seeing have highlighted these issues or whether they are "current". 

Being on a pedestal of sorts, for JIT production, efficiency and building a huge amount of vehicles; this experience for me has been more interesting than I had expected.

But we're also not alone, with other manufacturers in the same boat (we've had friends waiting around 1yr for a new Nissan). 

What is the new acceptable and how will production catch-up?

Hope some of us get a New Years gift!

Things are very unusual at present with supply constraints caused by raw material & component shortages, the war in Ukraine (major supplier of raw materials & wiring harnesses), flooding in South Africa (wrote off thousands of Hilux and stopped production for months) and Natural disasters in japan, this has put TMME under a level of pressure they have never had to deal with and things have slipped

The Corolla production factory TMUK does not answer to TGB ( sales division ) they are separate companies both answering to TMME under normal circumstances model changes would not be announced to dealers until late November early December however Toyota were forced to announce this far earlier. all information, specification, advertisement etc is controlled by TMME and they are struggling under the pressure created by the massive back log of open orders across the EU and until they catch up there is simply nothing TGB can issue all of which is hugely frustrating to TGB, the dealer network and you the customers.

Almost daily we are being informed of supply issues such as:

• Insufficient tow bar wiring harness taking the option of tow bar away ( made in Ukraine )
  • Insufficient Magnetic steel used in production of high tensile body panels ( Ukraine was a major supplier along with Russia )
  • Shortage of microchip meaning electrical options such as steering wheel controls are unavailable on some Proace, production will continue without controls and affected cars recalled for retro fit at a later date ( Date TBC )
  • Shortage of microchip for certain Proace VSC systems delaying production
  • Shortage of Microchip resulting in removal of HUD on certain Proace
  • Shortage of microchip affecting safety pack option on certain Proace
  • Shortage of microchip affecting JBL option currently discontinued from Yaris, Corolla & Rav4 range
  • 2023 order books closed as they are now full for Rav4, Rav4 PHEV, GR86, Yaris GR & Proace city electric
  • Bi-tone pint option fully allocated on Yaris for 2023 no further orders
  • Proace & Proace verso now fully allocated for 2023
  • Due to microchip shortage from October 22 production the following cars will ship with only 1 smart key RAV4 incl PHEV, Landcruiser, Highlander, C-HR & BZ4x (additional key will be supplied when availability improves)

there are many more with more adding almost daily with TGB expecting a near 100k order backlog by close of 2022 multiply this across the EU and the numbers a unprecedented.

Current UK stock is limited to; 

1200 Aygo X

600 C-HR

200 Land cruiser commercial

12 Corolla commercial

Factory order times are approx;

Aygo X Feb 23 build>April 23 delivery

Yaris Jun23 > Aug 23

Yaris Cross Feb 23> Apr 23

Corolla Jun 23> Jul 23

C-HR Feb 23> Apr 23

Supra Jul 23> Sep 23

Rav4 before orders closed Oct23 > Dec 23

Rav4 PHEV Orders closed

Highlander My22 fully allocated Production of MY23 TBC

Landcruiser Mar 23> Apr 23

Proace 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Proace EV May 23> Jul 23

Proace Verso 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Proace City Apr 23> Jun 23

Proace City EV 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Hilux Aug 23> Oct 23

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Thanks Devon; This sort of info is very much appreciated!

I think having this detail helps as people aren't great when they're just told there is a delay with no further information, but when they have good reasons for the delays they tend to be more understanding!

(Not all, but there are always going to be unreasonable people!)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Things are very unusual at present with supply constraints caused by raw material & component shortages, the war in Ukraine (major supplier of raw materials & wiring harnesses), flooding in South Africa (wrote off thousands of Hilux and stopped production for months) and Natural disasters in japan, this has put TMME under a level of pressure they have never had to deal with and things have slipped

The Corolla production factory TMUK does not answer to TGB ( sales division ) they are separate companies both answering to TMME under normal circumstances model changes would not be announced to dealers until late November early December however Toyota were forced to announce this far earlier. all information, specification, advertisement etc is controlled by TMME and they are struggling under the pressure created by the massive back log of open orders across the EU and until they catch up there is simply nothing TGB can issue all of which is hugely frustrating to TGB, the dealer network and you the customers.

• Insufficient tow bar wiring harness taking the option of tow bar away ( made in Ukraine )
  • Insufficient Magnetic steel used in production of high tensile body panels ( Ukraine was a major supplier along with Russia )
  • Shortage of microchip meaning electrical options such as steering wheel controls are unavailable on some Proace, production will continue without controls and affected cars recalled for retro fit at a later date ( Date TBC )
  • Shortage of microchip affecting JBL option currently discontinued from Yaris, Corolla & Rav4 range
  • 2023 order bookes closed as they are now full for Rav4, Rav4 PHEV, GR86, Yaris GR & Proace city electric

there are many more with more adding almost daily with TGB expecting a near 100k order backlog by close of 2022 multiply this across the EU and the numbers a unprecedented

Awesome, thanks. 

While (I would like to think) we're all aware of what has happened, and is happening globally, it is always interesting to see content like this. It really brings home how once in a generation the current situation is.

From what you say, we'll continue to see the impacts for years to come, as all stages of the supply chain and manufacturing can only do so much.

Though it could go 2 ways; demand outstrips supply, or demand falls through the floor, creating a surplus in capability. Prices fall, capability is dropped, demand rises. And we're back to square one, but with different challenges to face. That all sounds a bit of catastrophic for my liking!

Back to the wrapping...

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

• 2023 order books closed as they are now full for Rav4, Rav4 PHEV, GR86, Yaris GR & Proace city electric
  • Bi-tone pint option fully allocated on Yaris for 2023 no further orders
  • Proace & Proace verso now fully allocated for 2023
  • Due to microchip shortage from October 22 production the following cars will ship with only 1 smart key RAV4 incl PHEV, Landcruiser, Highlander, C-HR & BZ4x (additional key will be supplied when availability improves)

there are many more with more adding almost daily with TGB expecting a near 100k order backlog by close of 2022 multiply this across the EU and the numbers a unprecedented.

Current UK stock is limited to; 

1200 Aygo X

600 C-HR

200 Land cruiser commercial

12 Corolla commercial

Factory order times are approx;

Aygo X Feb 23 build>April 23 delivery

Yaris Jun23 > Aug 23

Yaris Cross Feb 23> Apr 23

Corolla Jun 23> Jul 23

C-HR Feb 23> Apr 23

Supra Jul 23> Sep 23

Rav4 before orders closed Oct23 > Dec 23

Rav4 PHEV Orders closed

Highlander My22 fully allocated Production of MY23 TBC

Landcruiser Mar 23> Apr 23

Proace 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Proace EV May 23> Jul 23

Proace Verso 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Proace City Apr 23> Jun 23

Proace City EV 2023 fully allocated no further orders

Hilux Aug 23> Oct 23

Incredibly useful post, thank you! 

On 12/24/2022 at 1:24 AM, Devon Aygo said:

Corolla Update MY23 Bulletin.pdf 2.19 MB · 12 downloads

Yes. I ordered a 1.8 Icon TS on the basis that it would have front and rear parking sensors as part of the spec and not as an add on.

Dealer says that it won't come with either but that they will fit front sensors when it arrives (which I am not keen on as don't want the job doing shoddily).

Tempted to take delivery of it and sell it straight away as they gave me top whack for my MY22 HB and they've said nothing about me paying more for the car (ordered it at the start of September before prices went silly).

• Like 1

Firstly hello everybody

well i am glad i found this forum and its been amazing how much info i have gotten from this forum in minutes than i have from my dealer (steven eagell) 

well we placed order for  corolla excel 5 door h/b with pan roof in denim blue early part of april and was told delivery september  time ,well that came and went then told 8th dec  we was told it was built and waiting to be delivered to dealership  i chased them last week and asked wheres the car ? they said they had e mailed toyota for a update well 7 days later they reply with a simple its now 1/6/23 .well i was !Removed! fuming and i had so many questions that they just did not have any answers and they thought it was due to maybe a new model coming out  meaning a further delay ?.i said i have not even seen the new car and would not order a car i have never seen or driven ,why give me a date they have no intension of keeping it? why let me order a older model car if the new model coming ou ? even today 25/12 on toyota website you can  still order a corolla whats the point when you cannot complete old orders 

and now haven read a few pages on this platform it looks like the denim blue is no longer available and the dealer should have been in contact with me to pick another color  but nothing .

i have had toyota vehicles  for the last 25 years and how worked in the car industry so i have a good idea when i feel you are being bounced along the road with all the bull they dribble and the way they have treated myself is just pitiful and woeful and tbh i feel like telling them to shove it and they dont even come back with any sort of apology explanation what can we do to keep you as a customer its a we dont care if you get your car or not 

Its at best a !Removed! shambles from toyota and i look forward to next week with some sort of update which tbh i am not expecting anything new only more lies blah blah blah

sorry for the rant

jason 

• Like 1

You have a right to be angry, that’s some seriously shoddy customer service. To tell you it’s built and then say it’s going to be 6 months would really annoy me, I’d be on the verge of cancelling too. 

What it strange is that everyone I’ve seen who has had their order changed to MY23 seems to be told it’s June/July for delivery. Production for MY23 has already started/starting imminently so where are all the cars built in Jan/Feb/March etc going? You should be at the front of the queue. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links