Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

8 minutes ago, Adyz said:

Just been told my March 30th order will arrive in June2023 dealer advised the denim blue has been stopped yet 3 weeks ago it was all happening mid November this dealer is seriously crap and so is Toyota.

I think denim blue was discontinued some time in July. My car was blue. I got email in the beginning of September from Toyota to choose new colour. Your dealer is a bit slow. I suggest  if you still going for the car to safe additional 3000 £ if you can for M23. We are all waiting a long time now. This is the case with all new cars.  If I was to go for Mercedes plug in I had to wait minimum 12 months for delivery.   

25 minutes ago, solfer said:

That's just ridiculous. No way I'm waiting over a year, I'll be cancelling mine if it drifts towards 1 year. 

You may be lucky to get below 12 months wait,,,, I bought February and have been told march if you are September you order may go to August. There is no chance for me to cancel after one year wait.    

3 hours ago, Adyz said:

Just been told my March 30th order will arrive in June2023 dealer advised the denim blue has been stopped yet 3 weeks ago it was all happening mid November this dealer is seriously crap and so is Toyota.

This is getting ridiculous , where is the customer protection in all this ?! 

Just now, DC_Ms said:

This is getting ridiculous , where is the customer protection in all this ?! 

I agree. No clear delivery date, no price certainty, no specification available - how can you order a car under those circumstances? Ridiculous, really - and when the car arrives you have to be grateful 🤨 

• Like 1

Cancelled my order today for exactly those reasons. 

The dealer did say the MY23 GR sport won't be as well equipped as the MY22, they're pushing the better equipment onto the Excel

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, 1973mjg said:

Cancelled my order today for exactly those reasons. 

The dealer did say the MY23 GR sport won't be as well equipped as the MY22, they're pushing the better equipment onto the Excel

I've ordered the Excel, so that benefits me. I'm just not prepared to keep having the dates pushed back. Toyota may not be the only manufacturer offering low customer satisfaction right now, but it doesn't make it any less annoying! 

The My Toyota App is still showing denim blue and processing order!  Do they work at Toyota or not? The sales guy has given me a exact date in June incredible but can I actually believe them after the crap service they have provided.

2 hours ago, Adyz said:

The My Toyota App is still showing denim blue and processing order!  Do they work at Toyota or not? The sales guy has given me a exact date in June incredible but can I actually believe them after the crap service they have provided.

The issue is down to your dealer, Denim blue was dropped a while back your dealer would have been informed and instructed to talk to you about making an alternative choice but keeping your time slot, with a June delivery your dealer dragged their heels pushing your order back

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I agree. No clear delivery date, no price certainty, no specification available - how can you order a car under those circumstances? Ridiculous, really - and when the car arrives you have to be grateful 🤨 

Brexit. Covid. And a War comes to mind.

1 hour ago, bigblock said:

Brexit. Covid. And a War comes to mind.

I agree, but at least Toyota should offer price protection as, for example, VW does (who have their own supply issues, of course). Shifting all risk to the consumer and hope for the best is not a great business strategy in the long term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

at least Toyota should offer price protection

Why not contact Toyota and ask the question.

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Why not contact Toyota and ask the question.

They don't know themselves. I have already asked the question. Is like the world is going to end in 23.

Nobody can give answer 😂

• Like 1

Ordered a denim blue excel estate in June.  Told delivery would be around the end of the year.  Message from the dealer october saying delivery would be around 7 Nov.  Another message from the dealer mid-nov, saying denim blue was no longer available, and we needed to choose a different colour.  Now getting an estimated delivery of april.

Does this all sound about right?  we're concerned that our order has gone to the back of the queue.

And am I understanding correctly, that our PCP offer of 1.9% and £1250 contribution will still be honoured.

On 11/25/2022 at 1:55 PM, Adyz said:

The My Toyota App is still showing denim blue and processing order!  ...

I have the same, despite choosing a new colour.

8 minutes ago, marlot said:

Ordered a denim blue excel estate in June.  Told delivery would be around the end of the year.  Message from the dealer october saying delivery would be around 7 Nov.  Another message from the dealer mid-nov, saying denim blue was no longer available, and we needed to choose a different colour.  Now getting an estimated delivery of april.

Does this all sound about right?  we're concerned that our order has gone to the back of the queue.

And am I understanding correctly, that our PCP offer of 1.9% and £1250 contribution will still be honoured.

Not sure about the first part, but re the PCP rate;

I would assume that what I was told by Toyota UK, regarding the PCP rate offered being valid for 1 year, applies to everyone. I contacted Toyota UK via Twitter to get a response on this. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, solfer said:

Screenshot attached fyi

Screenshot_2022-11-08-18-20-20-304_com.twitter.android.png

Ordered on 9/February 22 and delivery is now March 23  I hope they get the paperwork sorted before February 23 

1 hour ago, solfer said:

Screenshot attached fyi

Screenshot_2022-11-08-18-20-20-304_com.twitter.android.png

My finance offer is only valid for 6 months as pet Toyota. This is a text from the agreement.

Core Finance Terms
Advertised finance offer is available on Personal Contract Purchase on the vehicle specified in this quote when financed between 15/12/2021 and 31/03/2022 through Toyota Financial Services and registered by 30/06/2022 at participating Centres

Not shure what happens if the cat is not registered before30/06/2022

21 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

My finance offer is only valid for 6 months as pet Toyota. This is a text from the agreement.

Core Finance Terms
Advertised finance offer is available on Personal Contract Purchase on the vehicle specified in this quote when financed between 15/12/2021 and 31/03/2022 through Toyota Financial Services and registered by 30/06/2022 at participating Centres

Not shure what happens if the cat is not registered before30/06/2022

I'd chase Toyota Finance - customercare@uk.toyota-fs.com

Personally speaking, I'm not comfortable with the fact customers are being given conflicting information on financing rates and their validity time frames. Bit of a shambles imo

Edited by solfer
Added para

18 minutes ago, solfer said:

I'd chase Toyota Finance - customercare@uk.toyota-fs.com

Personally speaking, I'm not comfortable with the fact customers are being given conflicting information on financing rates and their validity time frames. Bit of a shambles imo

I already did chase Toyota Finance. They cant give any answer before the new model launch in January 23 

I guess we have to wait and see what happens after the new year . No point looking at the MyT app before January.

• Like 1

I ordered a TS GR on 31 March for Oct 4 delivery.  Then moved to Nov and then to 4 Jan 23.  Now 8 Jan 23.  Spoke to two different sales folk who assured me the deal would stand even though it might end up a MY23.

Some other bright spark in the sales office then piped up that the MY23 was so much better and it was Toyota deliberately delaying now so they can provide the MY23 model.

Who knows about the spec and colours though.

I feel misled all the time, if I had been told about this I would not have ordered the car.  Just giving me my deposit back is not good enough, as they have now prevented me from buying a different vehicle.  I am sure the small claims court would be sympathetic to a demand for compensation.

As usual, it is not the action itself but the deliberate obscuration of the facts...... or is it just incompetence at Great Burr.

• Like 3

I made an enquiry for Excel price in Germany. Good news is the price is the same. See attached.

Excel.PNG

@IvayloK Can I ask, at which point did you receive the T&Cs for the PCP? I placed my order with the dealership in September, but have only ever been sent a copy of the order form.

3 minutes ago, solfer said:

@IvayloK Can I ask, at which point did you receive the T&Cs for the PCP? I placed my order with the dealership in September, but have only ever been sent a copy of the order form.

I think when I was approved for finance.

6 minutes ago, solfer said:

I purchased with Toyota online. When I log on all details are there. I mean car details,, dates and finance agreement. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links