Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just to make  all of you that have been waiting for a long time a little envious, I ordered my23 touring sport 2.0L Design with pan roof, white on the 16th July (2023).

26th July dealer phoned to say it had been delivered.

Collected today 31st July.

You just can’t beat that, must have just walked into the dealership as someone cancelled their order 😀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, panmat said:

Just to make  all of you that have been waiting for a long time a little envious, I ordered my23 touring sport 2.0L Design with pan roof, white on the 16th July (2023).

26th July dealer phoned to say it had been delivered.

Collected today 31st July.

You just can’t beat that, must have just walked into the dealership as someone cancelled their order 😀

Nice one.  
Enjoy your new car.
Some photos will be appreciated. I like design in white and the 2.0 engine matches perfectly the TS variant. 

41 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Nice one.  
Enjoy your new car.
Some photos will be appreciated. I like design in white and the 2.0 engine matches perfectly the TS variant. 

Perhaps the worst part, the second I drove that sparkling car off the forecourt the heavens opened and still hasn’t stopped, gutted.

22 minutes ago, panmat said:

Perhaps the worst part, the second I drove that sparkling car off the forecourt the heavens opened and still hasn’t stopped, gutted.

This is for a good luck and to test the water resistance like a new car test facilities 😂👌

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

This is for a good luck and to test the water resistance like a new car test facilities 😂👌

Yes especially that panoramic roof😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, ialexpw said:

Had the update yesterday that my build has started.

Date is still on for the 1st Sept for me as far as I'm aware, ordered end of Feb

Screenshot_20230730_122549_MyT.png

In the two days since this, the app has updated and now shows "Left the factory" complete and is now "In transit" - which is interesting as my delivery date is the 1st Sept!

10 hours ago, panmat said:

Yes especially that panoramic roof😅

Quick pic as requested.

IMG_0042.webp

• Haha 4

I got my Icon TS in Juniper Blue last week.  Like that never been dry long enough to get a picture. Might dry up today.  

22 hours ago, StillGotASkoka said:

I got my Icon TS in Juniper Blue last week.  Like that never been dry long enough to get a picture. Might dry up today.  

Got some sun.  

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StillGotASkoka said:

Got some sun.  

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

Congratulations on the car. The colour really matches the model specs, the blue in combination with black bumper inserts way nicer than the chrome ones. Thanks for sharing pictures, one from the rear will be appreciated. 
Waiting for first impressions and comparison to the Skoda , comfort, acceleration, noise levels and efficiency. 🚙👌

• Like 1

Hi,

Just received my Toyota Corolla GR Sport 2.0 HB and I am loving it!  More on that later.

I took out PCP to get the then deposit contribution of £2500 and intend to settle finance straight away to benefit from the better price

I got the deposit contribution of £2500

Finance provided £27076 

I requested a settlement figure online through Toyota Financial Services and this was quoted at £27420.89 with a settlement date of 25th August.  I expected to pay a little interest but not £344.89 for a few days' interest.

I have queried with TFS but no response yet.

I will update when I know more

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm, are they charging you a minimum interest period?

I'm in a similar position (hoping to take delivery soon) and I don't recall any mention of this.

Keen to hear what they have to say.

If you have "settled" the finance then it sounds like Toyota sting you for the maximum possible 58 days interest when you do. 

If you exercise your right to "withdraw" in the first two weeks then you should only be charged the few days interest between purchasing the car and phoning for a withdrawal figure.

The potential problem with this is that theoretically Toyota FS could ask for the deposit contribution back.

The interest is absolutely awash with people doing exactly that with not a single report I can find of anyone ever being asked to pay back the deposit contribution (I've read probably around 40 threads on this very topic, although most are for VWFS). They should be able to tell you on the phone at the time presumably. In fact that only time I've ever seen it alluded to actually happening is on this very forum, but there was no evidence to back this up and it's very easy to be confused by the finances of the PCP deals and where each portion of the 'deposit" has come from....

I intend to do one of the above next week so keep us updated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will keep you updated guys.

My plan was always to settle early, a bit worried about withdrawing and losing the deposit contribution. As even with current quoted settlement figure I am £2150 better off by taking PCP deal.

Will phone TFS tomorrow and let you guys know outcome once its clear.

This bit annoys me.

Request settlement figure through account, supplied immediately online Sunday.

Send email Monday querying interest figure  - No response

Resend email Tuesday asking to confirm receipt same day even if couldn't answer straight away - No response

Message Wednesday through messaging on my account at TFS - No response

I've actually got my purchase agreement to sign at some point soon.

On the "explanations of your agreement" page (which doesn't appear to actually be part of the HP agreement itself), it states "If you exercise your right to withdraw you will be required to pay back the money that we have paid in relation to this agreement, including, without limitation, any finance deposit allowance or any other sums or allowances, together with interest within 30 days."

In the pre contract credit info sheet it just mentions you have the right to withdraw, nil else.

However, within the agreement itself, under right to withdraw, it states "if you withdraw you must repay the Amount Of Credit shown above together with interest at the interest rate shown above accrued from the date of this Agreement to the date of Repayment without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after giving notice to withdraw." It makes zero mention of returning any deposit, and the "Amount of Credit" on mine has been calculated after the cash deposit is paid. The £2500 finance contribution is not actually listed on the agreement, but appears to considered an unspecified part of this "Cash Deposit."

Later on in the agreement, as an addition under a separate section titled What You Must Pay on Termination, there is another sentence that repeats the wording of the explanatory page (will be required to pay back the monies that we have paid in relation to this agreement, including, without limitation, any finance deposit allowance or any other sums or allowances, together with interest within 30 days").

That should clearly be in the right to withdraw section, but I guess it is in the agreement overall so perhaps still enforcable. Given that it is not actually numerically quantified anywhere on the agreement however, I would be sceptical this would ever actually happen.

The Early settlement section states that they may charge a compensatory amount in accordance with laws and regulations (which is where the 58-ish days interest comes from).

There is definitely no mention of repaying any deposit contribution within any "Early Settlement" clauses, so this option is clearly risk-free as far as that goes.

Any thoughts anyone?

That's my understanding of it Dave.

The T&Cs state that they can take the deposit contribution back if you cancel the finance agreement, settling it early is not cancelling.

Yep, it seems pretty clear on the face of it. Just a little odd that the clause is without doubt in the wrong section of the agreement, and the deposit contribution is never quantified anywhere within the agreement.

I can't find a single post anywhere online of anyone ever being asked to pay back the deposit contribution. 58 days interest is often more than £200-300 at the beginning of the PCP and I'm loathe to waste it for no reason.

I've sent TFS as email, be interesting to see if I get a response of any use (I suspect not..).

Interestingly the agreement starts on the day it is signed, not when the car is collected / available. I guess that's inevitable.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:08 AM, TonyHSD said:

Congratulations on the car. The colour really matches the model specs, the blue in combination with black bumper inserts way nicer than the chrome ones. Thanks for sharing pictures, one from the rear will be appreciated. 
Waiting for first impressions and comparison to the Skoda , comfort, acceleration, noise levels and efficiency. 🚙👌

Added picture of back end (not so sunny though). 

Efficiency is amazing all ready.  Just did a mixed 20 mile (town, A road and small bit of dual carriageway) with full beans on slip roads and overtakes and got 81 mpg would have been pleased with 45 mpg in skoda. 

In town getting around 60 mpg on a short 2 mile commute. Skoda would have been low 30 mpg.

Dual carriageway/motorway around 55 to 60 mpg. Skoda would have been 45 to 50 mpg

A pure A-road run with some build up areas got 73 mpg.  Skoda would have been around 45.

Acceleration is really fast once you get over the engine noise not being link to road speed. Can get a bit droney from 55 to 70 mph if pulling out from junction or off a roundabout but is over quickly.  Skoda was manual turbo petrol so had more mid torque but you were forever changing gear to keep it in range and therefore was less easy on initial pull off compared to Toyota which has the electric on tap .  But overall about the same which the 0-60 times would agree with.

It say corolla is quieter unless giving it full throttle.  Ride is more comfortable but gone from 18 inch on Skoda (was not my choice) to 16 inch on icon.  Handling and grip wise appears to corner flatter and hang on for longer.   Steering does give less feedback but it is quicker. 

Cabin and boot space are about the same. Finish on Toyota probably better.   Media is much better integrated especially wireless Apple carplay

Some negatives, finding cruse control controls less intuitive to operate, phone just slides around inbuild charging pad and is slow so been replaced by a cable already, user manual makes little sense. Flappy paddles do nothing with gearbox in sport (unless someone else can explain). Finish in front arm rest storage with flappy carpet was poor (nit picking and fixed with some packaging foam).  

One thing I can't figure out is what is the area below liftable flap (near rear seats) in the boot for? whole thing does come out to make lower boot deck longer but looks less tidy.  It is just extra storage and to make upper boot deck flat?  

car back.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks for this. Your experiences are very much the same as mine. On a couple of points….

for the flappy paddles to work you have to slide the gear lever over to the right. They are a bit of fun but only really useful to get some engine braking downhill

i have put locking wheel nut, first aid kit, warning triangle, tow rope etc in that little storage area.

I agree about the phone charger sliding around and have put in a cable until I find a solution.

sound system is much better than my CHR.

Also I have had to turn off the PDA as I was getting too many spurious results. ie power cutting out because I was passing a car in a lay-by.

lastly the cruise controls aren’t great. On the CHR they were on a stalk behind the steering wheel which was much better.

I am enjoying the mpg and acceleration though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James H said:

Hi,

Thanks for this. Your experiences are very much the same as mine. On a couple of points….

for the flappy paddles to work you have to slide the gear lever over to the right. They are a bit of fun but only really useful to get some engine braking downhill

i have put locking wheel nut, first aid kit, warning triangle, tow rope etc in that little storage area.

I agree about the phone charger sliding around and have put in a cable until I find a solution.

sound system is much better than my CHR.

Also I have had to turn off the PDA as I was getting too many spurious results. ie power cutting out because I was passing a car in a lay-by.

lastly the cruise controls aren’t great. On the CHR they were on a stalk behind the steering wheel which was much better.

I am enjoying the mpg and acceleration though.

I agree on the PDA turned off. I know it's a good safety aid but for me it's just too agressive. I don't like the constant feedback through the steering wheel and the car braking when I don't want it to brake. I don't feel in control of the car anymore with PDA turned on.

19 hours ago, StillGotASkoka said:

Efficiency is amazing all ready.  Just did a mixed 20 mile (town, A road and small bit of dual carriageway) with full beans on slip roads and overtakes and got 81 mpg would have been pleased with 45 mpg in skoda. 

In town getting around 60 mpg on a short 2 mile commute. Skoda would have been low 30 mpg.

Dual carriageway/motorway around 55 to 60 mpg. Skoda would have been 45 to 50 mpg

A pure A-road run with some build up areas got 73 mpg.  Skoda would have been around 45.

Acceleration is really fast once you get over the engine noise not being link to road speed. Can get a bit droney from 55 to 70 mph if pulling out from junction or off a roundabout but is over quickly.  Skoda was manual turbo petrol so had more mid torque but you were forever changing gear to keep it in range and therefore was less easy on initial pull off compared to Toyota which has the electric on tap .  But overall about the same which the 0-60 times would agree with.

It say corolla is quieter unless giving it full throttle.  Ride is more comfortable but gone from 18 inch on Skoda (was not my choice) to 16 inch on icon.  Handling and grip wise appears to corner flatter and hang on for longer.   Steering does give less feedback but it is quicker. 

Cabin and boot space are about the same. Finish on Toyota probably better.   Media is much better integrated especially wireless apple carplay

Some negatives, finding cruse control controls less intuitive to operate, phone just slides around inbuild charging pad and is slow so been replaced by a cable already, user manual makes little sense. Flappy paddles do nothing with gearbox in sport (unless someone else can explain). Finish in front arm rest storage with flappy carpet was poor (nit picking and fixed with some packaging foam).  

One thing I can't figure out is what is the area below liftable flap (near rear seats) in the boot for? whole thing does come out to make lower boot deck longer but looks less tidy.  It is just extra storage and to make upper boot deck flat?  

car back.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Is this a 1.8 or 2.0 version? Efficiency and performance sound exactly as I expected. I haven’t driven one yet but I am sure will be a nice car. The 16” wheels and tyres are real bonus to these cars. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Is this a 1.8 or 2.0 version? Efficiency and performance sound exactly as I expected. I haven’t driven one yet but I am sure will be a nice car. The 16” wheels and tyres are real bonus to these cars. Thanks again. 

On 8/4/2023 at 1:52 PM, StillGotASkoka said:

Cabin and boot space are about the same. Finish on Toyota probably better.   Media is much better integrated especially wireless apple carplay

car back.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

I’ve measured mpg from pump fill ups to check accuracy of car data, I got 55.2 mpg on A roads over 90 miles and 48-50 mpg in town.  The car recorded 55.7 as I reset average prior to 90 mile drive. 
A bit disappointed really with results, this is a 2.0 TS Excel driven carefully and tried to generate recharge, no heavy acceleration and on reliable flat terrain with little traffic

• Thanks 1

I find l get less mpg if I'm driving too steadily; Pulse and gliding, e.g. accelerating up to a speed then lifting for a moment so the car drops into EV mode, and then re-pressing the accelerator just a bit to hold the speed, or at least slow down the rate of acceleration without the engine cutting in again, tends to yield better mpg.

Normally the natural ebb and flow of traffic will make you do that naturally. I don't know what the sweet spot for the Corolla is, but with my Yaris I find if I keep it below 60mph (Even 59mph seems to be enough!) that allows the car to use EV mode much more, even on cruise control (Above 60mph it will almost never use EV mode on cruise control unless we go down a hill!)

I find short bursts of acceleration don't affect mpg much if you're able to get to your target speed and hold that speed for a useful amount of time, but if you're going to accelerate and then stop again, e.g. in traffic, then accelerating gentler (e.g. within the Eco bands) is much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

I’ve measured mpg from pump fill ups to check accuracy of car data, I got 55.2 mpg on A roads over 90 miles and 48-50 mpg in town.  The car recorded 55.7 as I reset average prior to 90 mile drive. 
A bit disappointed really with results, this is a 2.0 TS Excel driven carefully and tried to generate recharge, no heavy acceleration and on reliable flat terrain with little traffic

Thanks for sharp your experience.
Highly appreciate your comments both Simon and Neill.
Seems like the latest and updated versions are still keeping the old status: efficiency go for 1.8, performance go for 2.0. You can’t have them both, not with ice involved. 
This pulse and glide technique works in any car not only hybrids and the total car weight plays a big role. 👍

59 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I find l get less mpg if I'm driving too steadily; Pulse and gliding, e.g. accelerating up to a speed then lifting for a moment so the car drops into EV mode, and then re-pressing the accelerator just a bit to hold the speed, or at least slow down the rate of acceleration without the engine cutting in again, tends to yield better mpg.

Normally the natural ebb and flow of traffic will make you do that naturally. I don't know what the sweet spot for the Corolla is, but with my Yaris I find if I keep it below 60mph (Even 59mph seems to be enough!) that allows the car to use EV mode much more, even on cruise control (Above 60mph it will almost never use EV mode on cruise control unless we go down a hill!)

I find short bursts of acceleration don't affect mpg much if you're able to get to your target speed and hold that speed for a useful amount of time, but if you're going to accelerate and then stop again, e.g. in traffic, then accelerating gentler (e.g. within the Eco bands) is much better.

Did you know that on the app under services > hybrid coaching > all trips you can see every journey you have done with an analysis of your driving? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links